PDA

View Full Version : Millwood traded to O's...

yavozerb
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Jon Heyman, SI.com

INDIANAPOLOS -- The Rangers have traded starting pitcher Kevin Millwood to the Orioles in exchange for reliever Chris Ray.

The move is considered a salary dump by the Rangers, as Millwood is owed $12 million in 2010.

Millwood looked rejuvenated last season, posting his best ERA (3.67) since 2005 and going 13-10. After missing the entire 2008 season following Tommy John surgery, Ray struggled throughout the '09 campaign. In 46 relief appearances for Baltimore, the right-hander had a 7.27 ERA, giving up 35 earned runs in 43 1/3 innings pitched.

The deal was first reported by cbssports.com.

yavozerb
12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
great move by the rangers FO...I expect the rangers to maybe see sheets rahab is going and if all is well they well go after him. Sheets and Harden with the mixture of young arms shoudl not be too bad, keeping those 2 healthy well take a miracle though. Not sure if the $ saved will be enough too go after a player like Vlad though..

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 01:30 AM
great move by the rangers FO...I expect the rangers to maybe see sheets rahab is going and if all is well they well go after him. Sheets and Harden with the mixture of young arms shoudl not be too bad, keeping those 2 healthy well take a miracle though. Not sure if the $ saved will be enough too go after a player like Vlad though..

Hicks is cash poor and needs to sell the team... right now with the ownership situation this is probably the poorest team in MLB, they won't be spending Jack shit and will continue salary dumping and taking fliers on basement deals and rehab projects. Our only hope is that an ownership group worth a shit steps up and gets a sale done, hopefully by the start of the season. The Rangers are gonna suck hard core this next season.

K-State Spur
12-10-2009, 10:47 AM
O's will take him. He's overpaid, but they need another guy who can go out there for 25 starts and not completely embarrass himself while they bring the young guns along.

Ray was a small price to pay for that - although he is a better reliever than his numbers showed last year.

EricB
12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Signing harden will lessen the blow. PersonAlly I thought millwood was horrible from august on for the rangers. If harden can stay healthy which is a big if, he produces damn good numbers.