PDA

View Full Version : Rj

nbaman99
12-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Lot of people here ready to kick RJ when he plays bad and open threads against him but when he acutely do play better no one wanna say anything good about the guy? come one spurs fans, show him some love.

he played great tonight.

DJB
12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
He played great against a shithole team. This win and the way we played was insignificant IMO. It means nothing.

blkroadrunners
12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Yezzir

z0sa
12-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Parker said the last Spur with 4 dunks in a game was DRob. :lol

DJB
12-10-2009, 01:05 AM
By the way, we still had 13 TOs against a bad team.

Bender
12-10-2009, 01:11 AM
thread title should be R fricken J

ElNono
12-10-2009, 01:11 AM
thread title should be R fricken J

NFGIII
12-10-2009, 01:18 AM
The positive I saw in this game was the fact that they ran plays for RJ from the start. He got involved early and it showed in his intensity. IT seems that if RJ dosen't get involved early he just doesn't seem to put forth the effort as much. Hopefully this will continue.

TP had 7 assists by halftime or something like that. When was the last time he had that many at halftime? He doesn't get that many in alot of games much less at halftime. I would like for him to give up some scoring opportunities in order to get RJ involved sooner. Tonight that happened and if this trend continues only good things can come from it.

But this team has really got to cut down on the TOs. This is killing them.

z0sa
12-10-2009, 01:32 AM
He took 18 shots tonight. That's 3 times more shots than he took against Utah. He needs to get after it like this more often.

There's no reason why he shouldn't be looking to take that many shots every night. At least if he's on a roll, and maybe even if he's not.

JustinJDW
12-10-2009, 01:33 AM
The positive I saw in this game was the fact that they ran plays for RJ from the start. He got involved early and it showed in his intensity. IT seems that if RJ dosen't get involved early he just doesn't seem to put forth the effort as much. Hopefully this will continue.

TP had 7 assists by halftime or something like that. When was the last time he had that many at halftime? He doesn't get that many in alot of games much less at halftime. I would like for him to give up some scoring opportunities in order to get RJ involved sooner. Tonight that happened and if this trend continues only good things can come from it.

But this team has really got to cut down on the TOs. This is killing them.This.

They also still need to get better on Defense. Seriously, we let the Kings score 100+ points on us tonight. The Kings?

duhoh
12-10-2009, 01:46 AM
There's no reason why he shouldn't be looking to take that many shots every night. At least if he's on a roll, and maybe even if he's not.

:tu

stretching the D is a plus in Pop's book :eyebrows

murpjf88
12-10-2009, 01:46 AM
So what. He lit up a bad team. He wasn't brought here to prey on the weak and get scorched by the elite. He still has a lot to prove and won't have a chance to prove anything until he plays against the elite.

So, for now, "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn."

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2009, 02:03 AM
The playcalling was great tonight..

Tony looked to pass first and then shoot, which is how he should play..

Our offense would have been better had Duncan had his usual game, but he was missing them tonight..

The defense obviously still needs work, especially in transition..it's all about effort and turnovers..our turnovers are leading to easy points for the other team, it's been the story for 4 games in a row now..

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2009, 02:03 AM
So what. He lit up a bad team. He wasn't brought here to prey on the weak and get scorched by the elite. He still has a lot to prove and won't have a chance to prove anything until he plays against the elite.

We get it hunny..he didn't marry you and he embarrassed you..he broke it off, get over it..the Summer was a long time ago, you have to move on..

raspsa
12-10-2009, 02:07 AM
The Kings may not be a top=tier team but they competed.. even mediocre teams can surprise with such games now and then.. so take the win for what it is. another step in the right direction. 13 turnovers isn't bad, at least compared to previous games. Steals and blocks were good though overall the defense wasn't that great. I think TP involving RJ and other Spurs early on set the tone.. hopefully we see more of this from him.

Manufan909
12-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Parker said the last Spur with 4 dunks in a game was DRob. :lol

He had 4 dunks!?! I only saw 2 from the various highlights, I'll wait for spurszrule4ever to put all the Spurs' baskets up in a kickass vid.:toast

z0sa
12-10-2009, 02:19 AM
He had 4 dunks!?! I only saw 2 from the various highlights, I'll wait for spurszrule4ever to put all the Spurs' baskets up in a kickass vid.:toast

I can remember 3: one on an alley oop from Parker; from a Tim pass going straight down the middle; a driving fast break dunk near the end of the first half.

nbaman99
12-10-2009, 02:22 AM
wow there r so many negative fans here, win is a win against who ever it is, and a player do good we should praise him for it, give him more encourage him and have to say good to see manu out there being manu. wow.

TJastal
12-10-2009, 02:28 AM
We get it hunny..he didn't marry you and he embarrassed you..he broke it off, get over it..the Summer was a long time ago, you have to move on..

:lol

Xevious
12-10-2009, 02:29 AM
RJ is the type of player that can give Tony a double-double every night if they work on their game together. Tonight was a good sign, even if it was against a bad team.

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2009, 02:30 AM
That play that had Tony throw an alley-oop pass from the baseline with Dice back-screening for RJ was just beautiful..Pop's Xs and Os at it's finest there..that's how you get a guy going to start a game..

mingus
12-10-2009, 02:46 AM
one the things that needs to happen for this team to turn the corner is recognition of who is hot and who is not, and ride with it. in '03, there were nights when either Manu, TP, or Duncan would suck and S-Jax was there to pick up the slack and carry the team and assert himself as the 2nd or maybe even 3rd option that night. and it was that way all accross the board with those four guys. one would pick up the slack for the other(s). so far he, and the way the system is being played, or the system itself, is not allowing him to do that. they've got to go back to the '03 formula and do a better job of finding out who is hot and who is not that particular quarter, or half, or game, and who is not, and do a better job of getting into there hands in the right spots. whoever it that's calling the plays isn't doing a good job of that, whether it be Pop or Tony, or both. hopefully this is the start of things. we can see the potential with this team.

i disagree with whoever said this game means nothing. it means something. it means that RJ is slowly but surely becoming acclimatized to his teammates and vice versa.

murpjf88
12-10-2009, 03:07 AM

What are you,4 going on 5? At least you write like one? Did your mommy help you with the big words?

raspsa
12-10-2009, 03:08 AM
RJ is the type of player that can give Tony a double-double every night if they work on their game together. Tonight was a good sign, even if it was against a bad team.

Good point.. surely Tony would want his bargaining power to increase come contract renewal.

ezau
12-10-2009, 03:23 AM
I'm glad TP was doing what PG should always do and that is to distribute the ball. RJ had his best offensive game as a Spur while playing with the Big Three. The signs are there and even if we played against a second-tier team tonight, I am deeply encouraged by what I saw.

#2!
12-10-2009, 03:28 AM
This.

They also still need to get better on Defense. Seriously, we let the Kings score 100+ points on us tonight. The Kings?

The only thing the Kings excel at is scoring. They average over 100 points a game, so our defense was average not terrible. (and yes I know average won't cut it in the post season)

#2!
12-10-2009, 03:31 AM

Do you realize that your posts are so blatantly ignorant, and blindly negative that people doubt whether or not you really exist, and entertain the idea that you are just the result of some opposing fan's boredom?

Just some perspective on how much you suck.

murpjf88
12-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Do you realize that your posts are so blatantly ignorant, and blindly negative that people doubt whether or not you really exist, and entertain the idea that you are just the result of some opposing fan's boredom?

Just some perspective on how much you suck.

Get Over Yourself. Yopu want to believe in fairytales and happy endings, read a book.

Spursmania
12-10-2009, 12:05 PM
That play that had Tony throw an alley-oop pass from the baseline with Dice back-screening for RJ was just beautiful..Pop's Xs and Os at it's finest there..that's how you get a guy going to start a game..

:tu

Right away, I felt Parker made a concerted effort to get RJ the ball. My spouse and I were discussing that we definitely think TP had a heart to heart with himself or with Timmy and Pop. Whatever the case, he was looking to create first and boy what a beautiful thing that was. He got a lot of players involved early and RJ was off to a great start. I was proud of TP's efforts last night.

Parker2112
12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Get Over Yourself. Yopu want to believe in fairytales and happy endings, read a book.

I'm so tired of this bullshit, coming from so-called Spurs fans. First of all, if you have followed this team over any period of time, you know that we have a history of rising from adversity to snatch the title from front-running teams of destiny. So WE ARE A FAIRYTALE, MOTHERFUCKER. Four trophies worth. And you call yourself a fan...

Second, a fan doesn't need to foresee his team holding the trophy at seasons end to root for his team all season long.

Fuck off.

z0sa
12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Second, a fan doesn't need to foresee his team holding the trophy at seasons end to root for his team all season long.

I think a lot of fans forget this. Part of flying under the radar is having the faith that we will still be on the radar when everyone else has been defeated. It's not some investment of money, to earn you more money or something either ... it's an investment of emotion, together with other locals. And some of the cliff jumpers are so heavily invested with that emotion, they end up being bitter and coming off as hating. THOSE are the fans forgetting.

Not forgetting those who DO invest the money in the Spurs ... but if you only do it to see a team win, you could find yourself in fairweather fan territory without even knowing it.

Parker2112
12-10-2009, 12:22 PM
The first fans to forget are the front-running fans who wanted to join the Spurs wagon when they saw a contender pick up a nice piece in RJ and wanted to ba a part of the celebration on the River Walk. These fans are rampant, and they suck.