PDA

View Full Version : KROCK 102.7 cant say "SPURS" on the radio-how f'n gay

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 02:58 AM
All this because 99.5 KISS is upset that KROCK scored some tickets to give away and they are scared of Kidd Chirs.99.5 sucks majorly and the Spurs are fags for allowing this to happen. Tools.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure KROCK can say Spurs.

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 03:00 AM
I heard it on the radio this morning. They couldnt and still cant.Thats why they were saying we are giving away "Nugget tickets"

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Why would they be banned from saying Spurs. They can't be banned. How stupid would one have to be to honestly believe they were banned from saying "Spurs."

You're very gullible.

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 03:59 AM
All I know is what they said. I beleive it.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:01 AM
How can KISS ban KROCK from saying Spurs?

Seriously.

Maybe if bioth were owned by the same company and the owners wanted KISS to be the sole Spurs station or whatever, even then that would be goofy.

KISS banning KROCK from saying Spurs would be like KENS banning WOAI or KSAT or KABB from saying Spurs because KENS is the flagship station for the Spurs.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Bottomline, KISS has no legal right to ban anyone from saying the word Spurs.

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 04:04 AM
It was said because KISS gets tickets from the Spurs. The Spurs have never given and promotional things to KROCK. KROCK got the tickets on their own and are now giving them out. KISS is threatened by the up and coming KROCK and complained to the Spurs about it. KROCK then received a letter from the Spurs saying that they were not to say the teams name. Therefore, all morning they kept saying we are giving out Denver Nugget play off tickets. I beleive it. Its not the forst time KISS has bitched over KROCK.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Why would KISS be threatened by KROCK, both of the stations ratings suck. And KROCK doesn't have to have the Spurs give them tickets in order to give them away. KROCK can buy the tickets and then guve them away, so that story is crap.

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Writer, are you claiming that I made this story up? All I know is that I heard what I heard and I beleive it. KISS is threatened by KROCK because they are the only two stations in town that play todays rock and the Kidd Chris show in the mornings is taking listeners away from KISS left and right, thats why they hate each other.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:38 AM
No. I don't believe you made this story up, I believe you're too damn gullible.

KROCK's ratings suck and KISS are dropping.

Kidd Chris is leaving for Philly and his show ratings stink. KISS's morning show is second only to 98.5 the Beat.

KROCK is going to change their format soon.

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Alright. I know Kidd is taking off to Philly. I am gonna miss his show. Its badd ass.Kidd,Brad the Cripple,Thomas,Reverend Bob Levy are all badd ass. Its a damn shame that SA wont support him, but hey, just look at the demographics here....

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:43 AM
just look at the demographics here....

Which would be?

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 04:44 AM
Little girls who want to listen to The Beat. If you dont like Howard Stern, you wont like Kidd Chris

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:51 AM
Little girls who want to listen to The Beat. If you dont like Howard Stern, you wont like Kidd Chris

Howard's cool. But he and Kidd Chris are not the same. Sorry.

Have you actually listened to a Howard Stern show, I mean in whole, not just his nightly E! show.

Kidd Chris is a major wannabe. If you've ever listened Opie and Anthony or Bubba the Love Sponge than that's comparable to Kidd Chris.

I pretty much dislike all morning radio shows. Never listen to the Beat but listened to KTFM back in middle school when I had to be driven to school.

Drex and the rest.

I'd rather listen to my brunt cd's, XM, or my iPOD rather than people talk about what they did the day before.

3rdCoast
04-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Writer, do you just like to argue or what man? I know Kidd and Howard arnt the same.But they are similar in ways. Anyways, Lisle and Han on KISS are the ones that talk about what they did the day before, Kidd Chris show is full of conversations with Rev. Bob Levy, Brad The Cripple, and prank calls. I love it.I hate The Beat along with 99.9% of rap and r&b and hip hop.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 04:59 AM
Dude, I've listened to Kidd Chris.

He talks about stupid shit he does the day before, that morning, what he'll do later.

Can you just say Uncle Bob instead of Rev.... it's too drawn out.

I would probably be able to enjoy Brad if I were able to understand the guy. And Eastcoast Bob with the pranks... wee!

Sounds awsome.

Now let me enjoy by ipod...

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 05:01 AM
They need to turn KROCK into a indie underground alternative station.

Shake the radio station picture up.

Fuck all this 70's and 80's rock, it's 2005 and none of the good shit is being played for the masses. Well, 90.1 at night is but even then it's limited.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Call it 102.7 KFUZ - The Fuzz

Double entendre.

Clandestino
04-23-2005, 07:33 AM
KISS is the #1 rated station in SA. Morning show as well...

Brodels
04-23-2005, 09:10 AM
It was said because KISS gets tickets from the Spurs. The Spurs have never given and promotional things to KROCK. KROCK got the tickets on their own and are now giving them out. KISS is threatened by the up and coming KROCK and complained to the Spurs about it. KROCK then received a letter from the Spurs saying that they were not to say the teams name. Therefore, all morning they kept saying we are giving out Denver Nugget play off tickets. I beleive it. Its not the forst time KISS has bitched over KROCK.

I think Buddy is right on this one...you got fooled.

There is no way a company can send letters around to other businesses forbidding them from saying their name...I mean, why wouldn't a company filing for bankrupcy just write to the New York Times and forbid them from writing their name in print? Because they can't. And the same applies here. The Spurs, or any other radio station for that matter, do not have the ability to decide who can say the team's name and when. That's just silly.

exstatic
04-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Hook, line, sinker. :lol Score one direct hit for Kid Chris and his merry band of retards. You can say anything you want about L&H but the fact remains that they are local, and they are still here.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Companies can certainly be and are routinely prohibited from using names like "Super Bowl" and "Oscars" and "Disney World" in their promotions and giveaways, so it's quite believeable that KROCK has been warned not to use the word "Spurs" in their giveaway since KISS has apparently negotiated an exclusive promotion in conjunction with the Spurs organization.

I'm sure KROCK can say the word "Spurs" if they were just talking about the team or reporting scores, but it could definitely be verboten when alluding to a ticket giveaway. I can defintely see a brand-conscious business like the Spurs sending that letter.

NameDropper
04-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Rumor has it that a Station cannot ban another station from saying a National Sports Team name.

SequSpur
04-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Its called Spin.

ZStomp
04-23-2005, 10:55 AM
:lmao

Useruser666
04-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Everyone arguing over this got OWNED!!! :lol

MannyIsGod
04-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Companies can certainly be and are routinely prohibited from using names like "Super Bowl" and "Oscars" and "Disney World" in their promotions and giveaways, so it's quite believeable that KROCK has been warned not to use the word "Spurs" in their giveaway since KISS has apparently negotiated an exclusive promotion in conjunction with the Spurs organization.

I'm sure KROCK can say the word "Spurs" if they were just talking about the team or reporting scores, but it could definitely be verboten when alluding to a ticket giveaway. I can defintely see a brand-conscious business like the Spurs sending that letter.
You are exactly right. Tx3rdcoast is right as well.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 12:17 PM
KISS is the #1 rated station in SA. Morning show as well...

Actually no. 98.5 The Beat's Morning show has been number one for a while.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 12:20 PM
No station can ban another station from saying Spurs,

They could probably get pissy and send lawyers if KROCK were tosay it were the exclusive home to Spurs tickets. But in no way can they be banned from saying SPurs and tickets in the same sentence.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Y'all are some gullible mother fuckers. sad.

TheWriter
04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Check out:

Gullible.info

Great website.

N.Y. Johnny
04-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Howard's cool. But he and Kidd Chris are not the same. Sorry.

Have you actually listened to a Howard Stern show, I mean in whole, not just his nightly E! show.

Kidd Chris is a major wannabe. If you've ever listened Opie and Anthony or Bubba the Love Sponge than that's comparable to Kidd Chris.

I pretty much dislike all morning radio shows. Never listen to the Beat but listened to KTFM back in middle school when I had to be driven to school.

Drex and the rest.

I'd rather listen to my brunt cd's, XM, or my iPOD rather than people talk about what they did the day before.

Nail hit right on the head Writer.
both stations suck thank god for my Ipod, and XM and CD's
Radio in san antonio has become unbearable and brutal.
There's people jumping off the tower of americas now that they heard Kidd Chris is leaving SA :lol

Howard Stern and Kidd Chris aren't in the same league or should be in the same sentence, Baba Bouey and Chris maybe

MannyIsGod
04-23-2005, 09:20 PM
A station can be banned from using the Spurs name in connection with a giveaway that is meant for advertising purposes. We're not talking about saying Spurs, or reporting about them, or even talkinga bout them. We're talkinga bout using the copyrighted name of an NBA franchise for gain.

NeoConIV
04-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Just glad Krock and Kidd Beavis are taking off. I can't believe I used to like that shite. Good riddance. That crap collectively brings down San Antonio's IQ.

mouse
04-25-2005, 07:15 AM
When it comes to giving away tickets not only can you not say Spurs ,but you can't say SBC center either.

Just ask KTSA. they give tickets away every Friday and they have to say
" we have tickets to a sporting event here in San Antonio."

I don't like this rule, and I think it's stupid, but it is true, and many of you owe the topic starter an apology.

samikeyp
04-25-2005, 08:59 AM
They need to turn KROCK into a indie underground alternative station.

that would make too much sense. I like classic rock but we have a classic rock station here....a good indie station would do well here, IMO.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM
You guys would hate most of the stuff on an indie underground station. It's not all Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse clones, and there is no way in hell there is a market for that type of music in San Antonio.

KISS is actually a semi decent radio station, and KROCK is ok too. But you have to weed through all the crap they play. I'll just stick to CDs.

IX_Equilibrium
04-25-2005, 09:25 AM
both stations suck major ass

maxpower
04-25-2005, 09:43 AM
It's called a "bit".

davi78239
04-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm down for 102.7 flipping to modern rock like 101x in Austin. We are probably one of the only larger radio markets that doesn't have an alternative rock format. That's some pretty sad shit! Knowing the luck, 102.7 will probably flip to one of those spanish/hip hop formats that are rapidly growing across the country, due to the increase in hispanic population. Either that or it will go back to being KTFM like.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2005, 11:40 AM
It just won't work here. Ever wonder why we get a fifth of the concerts that Dallas Houston and Austin get? People just listen to different things here.

davi78239
04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
It just won't work here. Ever wonder why we get a fifth of the concerts that Dallas Houston and Austin get? People just listen to different things here.

Yea, you're right. San Antonio is just in a world of its own in which nothing seems to change. So, when did Kidd Chris announce that he is leaving?

3rdCoast
04-25-2005, 02:05 PM
He didn't, yet. As of right now, it is all just speculation.

He already went up to Philadelphia to interview to take the place for Howard Stern in that market.He said he doesn't want to be the guy that replaces Stern,but wants to replace the guy that replaces Stern.

I wish Kidd Chris would stay, but as I said before, too many little girls and "wanna be" thugs choose to listen to The Beat(which I must say is the most annyoing station I have ever heard). Oh well.

KEDA
04-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Yea, you're right. San Antonio is just in a world of its own in which nothing seems to change. So, when did Kidd Chris announce that he is leaving?

Not soon enough
Kidd Chris sucks

davi78239
04-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Not soon enough
Kidd Chris sucks

so do Lisle and Haun!!

TheWriter
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM

That's beyond nonsense.

SA doesn't get the concerts because those artists don't get air play.

You put a alternative/indie underground radio sation in the high frequency range and it will succeed. No question about it.

Then those bands and artists will begin to play here.

davi78239
04-25-2005, 07:03 PM
That's beyond nonsense.

You put a alternative/indie underground radio sation in the high frequency range and it will succeed. No question about it.

True! They just need to step up and put one on the FM dial instead of all this spanish and old school crap!

TheWriter
04-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Someone just needs to have the balls and take the chance.

If I had the money, I would in a heart beat.

An idea I've had is to team up with Apple.

Use Itunes, creat play lists for the hour. If a caller request a song you can easily download it. Something like that. You don't need some big studio to do it either. Just a computer.

No morning shows. No disc jockeys. Just music.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2005, 08:48 PM
That's beyond nonsense.

Based on what? The fact that you like Death Cab and The Postal Service?

The fact is that those artists don't tour here because there is no demand for them to. They tour in many places where there is no alternative station. IN truth, you can only get alternative radio in places with a large college population or in very large metro areas because thats the only place it's a smart financial move.

KSYM and KRTU are both alternative stations, and KSYM has a hard time finding funding. KRTU doesn't have such a hard time because it has the financial backing of Trinity, but neither are self sufficent by any means.

You show me a reason why you think they would be successfull based on cd sales in the area or any other means. Untill then I'll be happy that every once in a while an indie band stops by here and I don't have to make a 70 mile roadtrip.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Someone just needs to have the balls and take the chance.

If I had the money, I would in a heart beat.

An idea I've had is to team up with Apple.

Use Itunes, creat play lists for the hour. If a caller request a song you can easily download it. Something like that. You don't need some big studio to do it either. Just a computer.

No morning shows. No disc jockeys. Just music.
Transmitors are expensive, as is maintaining them and running them. Secondly, FCC licensing isn't fun. Thirdly, you have to pay when you broadcast songs, it's not free.

Also, the fact that the demographic an indie station would appeal too is so plugged in makes internet radio a much bigger option for something like you mentioned. In fact, the best indie stations are on the net.

davi78239
04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
So if Kid Chris is leaving and if the format is gonna flip, what do you think we'll be listening to on the 102.7 dial?