PDA

View Full Version : Lawson vs Parker

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Do you guys think Lawson has the potential to become a Tony Parker type player?

He has the speed as you know, he already has a better outside shot than Parker, but if he could learn Parker's inside arsenal (eg tear drop), then i think he could definately be the same calibre as TP.

your thoughts?

I have never seen any college games over here, so i don't know what his game was based on during college. I am just going from the few games i have seen on TV this season.

Chieflion
12-10-2009, 05:54 AM
He definitely looks faster than Tony Parker. I never seen anyone fouled on a clear breakaway basket on a fast break in an NBA game except for LeBron James and Ty Lawson which is scary. That is a clear path foul with two free throws and possession. He recorded a 3.12 for 3/4 sprint, and I think he is actually faster at top end speed.

NZ Spurs
12-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Are you serious? Lawson is a midget. TJ Ford calibre maybe.

exstatic
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Are you serious? Lawson is a midget. TJ Ford calibre maybe.

He is rather small. Parker is listed as 6'2" (a measurement taken at draft camp when he was 19) , but I watch on the telecast, and he's the same height as Kidd, who is listed as 6'4". If Lawson is 6'0", he'll have a harder time getting that stuff off in the paint. It'll also take more than just a teardrop. Parker has an array of spins and reverses, almost a post game, that he uses in the lane.

Being fast isn't the be all and end all of lead guard play. Iverson is fast, and is one of the least efficient players in the NBA, shooting a horrible percentage, as you must know, being a Nuggets fan.

NZ Spurs
12-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Do you think George Hill has the potential to become a Chancey Billups type player?

He has similar inside scoring as you know, he already has longer arms than Billups, but if he could learn Billups' shooting (eg jump shot), then i think he could definately be the same calibre as Billups.

your thoughts?

EricB
12-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I think George hill has the potential to be a a really good Antonio daniels. Harken back to 2005 when Antonio was in his prime. Dude was a 6th man of the year candidate and a big reason the sonics were so good that year.

phxspurfan
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
When I look at Lawson (and from what I saw of him in his days at UNC with Hansborough), he strikes me as a Speedy Claxton-type who can do really well if he learns a reliable pull up jumper from about 12 feet. Eventually teams will sag off of him and force him to shoot those if he keeps blowing by the usual defense. But he definitely has the leadership skills of a true PG. His UNC team really used that in last year's tourney (when he came back).

blkroadrunners
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I see him at best a Terrell Brandon-type of player, but that's really expecting a whole lot out of him.

newacc
12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Ty Lawson is a bad man. His game doesn't remind me of Tony's beyond the quickness, but he does have higher than top shelf explosiveness and speed and I can see him being a star.

cherylsteele
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Do you think George Hill has the potential to become a Chancey Billups type player?

He has similar inside scoring as you know, he already has longer arms than Billups, but if he could learn Billups' shooting (eg jump shot), then i think he could definately be the same calibre as Billups.

your thoughts?
I can see Hill becoming a poor man's Alvin Robertson, especially on "D".

TJastal
12-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I can see Hill becoming a poor man's Alvin Robertson, especially on "D".

hah.. I might be off on this, but I think the poster you quoted was being just being facetious by posing a smilar question back at the nugget fans, as if the comparision was in insult.

:hat

TIMMYD!
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
hah.. I might be off on this, but I think the poster you quoted was being just being facetious by posing a smilar question back at the nugget fans, as if the comparision was in insult.

:hat

He probably was.