PDA

View Full Version : WTF has happened to HAISLIP

PublicOption
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
damn.

Chieflion
12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
He sucked. I was so wrong about this guy and I wish the Spurs never signed him. We could have signed Rashad McCants to the minimum. LOL!

PublicOption
12-10-2009, 09:54 AM
how do WE know he sucked?

Chieflion
12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
For one, you don't get stuck on the inactive list all the time getting almost no minutes if you don't suck enough during practice and scrimmages for Popovich to not be playing you.

raspsa
12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Simply getting the uusual treatment reserved for most Spurs rookies..

benefactor
12-10-2009, 10:07 AM
He couldn't shoot or even serviceably defend players that are barely in the NBA. He is a decent D-league player at best. Hairston was more deserving of a guaranteed deal than he was.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-10-2009, 10:12 AM
i would wanna ask pop about theo b4 haislip

urunobili
12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I haven't given up on him yet... if he stays professional and gets more aggressive in practices we may see some of him :)

EricB
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM

Who are you replacing in the lineup? Bonner and Blair are both playing too well IMO...

EmptyMan
12-10-2009, 10:40 AM
You could throw Theo in the starting line-up to rest Dice.

In b4 the people "But but but Duncan needs a big with a shot to space the floor so he can post", stfu Duncan's go-to move is a 15-ft jumper these days.

EricB
12-10-2009, 10:42 AM
You could throw Theo in the starting line-up to rest Dice.

In b4 the people "But but but Duncan needs a big with a shot to space the floor so he can post", stfu Duncan's go-to move is a 15-ft jumper these days.

Watch how the offense is when Blair and duncan play together. It bigs down IE Boston game.

elbamba
12-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Who are you replacing in the lineup? Bonner and Blair are both playing too well IMO...

When we need defense you could replace Bonner. Bonner has had some solid games but unless he is getting open shots his offense rarely makes up for his lack of defense. He seems to try really hard but he doesn't have the defensive talent.

Flux451
12-10-2009, 11:12 AM

I wouldn't. He is primarily here for the playoffs. He is the type of player that doesn't need as much PT to find his groove. His defense IQ is already present and is here to block shots and clog the lane.

mingus
12-10-2009, 11:37 AM
i have a feeling if we see this guy at somepoint it's either because it's something good or something bad. if the Spurs are kicking ass and starting to beat the teams they are supposed to beat by 20, we'll see whaty he's capable of in trash time. and who knows, something may come of it. OTOH, if he playing it could mean someone else is sucking so bad he's our alternative. obviously, i'm hoping it's the former. one because it's saying something about the strides our team has taken and, secondly we get to see what this athletic beast is made of.

rascal
12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Haislip was never that good to begin with. This guy got too much hype on this site.

CGD
12-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I think the guy gets in the rotation on last year's team. Right now the bench players ahead of him the depth chart give Pop little reason to look his way: Blair (admittedly still inconsistant) is showing flashes, and Bonner is having a career year (or is playng for a contract for you cynics).

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 12:56 PM
There's a reason he was rotting away in Europe and not in the Association. He's not very good. He was signed as a cheap flier, and very cheap insurance.

Solid D
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Injury insurance.

dbestpro
12-10-2009, 01:39 PM
At this point we still are a mediocre team. We are getting killed by teams with any size. Haislip deserves some PT to at least get a hand up against some of these taller teams. It seems everybody else goes 6-9 to 6-11 at three positions and Pop tries to run small. He started this crap after he saw Nellie do it with Dallas and it has never served us well. Talk about being stubborn.

z0sa
12-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Haislip happened.

Or maybe it should go Tim, Dyess, Bonner, Blair and Ratliff happened.

Man In Black
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
For one, you don't get stuck on the inactive list all the time getting almost no minutes if you don't suck enough during practice and scrimmages for Popovich to not be playing you.

Since those things happened to SJax & Raja Bell does that mean they sucked too?

SJax almost spent an entire year on the bench in New Jersey, while Raja Bell signed with the Spurs but never actually played an official game for them.

But I digress...I mean you have your "own" definition and all.

biziofromdowntown
12-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Gist is bette than Haislip. And Gist is in Russia.

thOOdee
12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
When we need defense you could replace Bonner. Bonner has had some solid games but unless he is getting open shots his offense rarely makes up for his lack of defense. He seems to try really hard but he doesn't have the defensive talent.

bonner does look lost at times on defense. you can tell he is a very hard worker, but so mechanical and unnatural on defense.

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Did you guys actually watch Haislip in preseason?..

he made Bonner look like David Robinson on defense..

timtonymanu
12-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Simple. Haislip sucks. People were expecting too much from him.

Chieflion
12-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Since those things happened to SJax & Raja Bell does that mean they sucked too?

SJax almost spent an entire year on the bench in New Jersey, while Raja Bell signed with the Spurs but never actually played an official game for them.

But I digress...I mean you have your "own" definition and all.
They sucked once, and how old were they? Haislip is now 28. And he can't get playing time over Matt Bonner, tells you how much he sucks. He can't shoot NBA range, play no defense.

The Truth #6
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
I think Ian is a better question. However, Blair are Bonner are on a roll so it's a mute point for the moment. However, Ian's athletic ability is potentially useful and there's no way he's as bad as Haislip. He has one effective post move and could potentially help on defense. They should get their money out of him. Freezing him out seems vindtictive to me, partly because the FO was hoping for an all star or nothing. I think he's more than nothing but not an all star.

slick'81
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
whos haislip !?!? http://www.euroleague.net/rs/18317/27097484-a149-4f4f-9c82-02d851d678b6/b5f/rglang/en-US/filename/marcus-haislip-unicaja.jpgoh yeah that guy shit i dont know

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-11-2009, 01:02 AM
I told all fans here he sucked. I TOLD YOU. Did you believe me? NO! You called me a liar. And you believed that IDIOT Mountainballer. I told you Mountainballer lies and has never in his life seen a Euroleague game.

But no.........................the fans here believed his crap and called me a liar. I said over and over Haislip sucks and no one believed me. Over and over fans said crazy shit like "he dominated in Europe", "he was one of best players in Europe" and as I said he was never ever NEVER considered anything but an average PF at BEST.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooyou fools had to trust that LIAR Mountainballer. So when does Mountainballer get banned? Is that not fair? Since I got banned because of fighting the lies of idiots like him when I was the one all along telling the truth. Just like Popovich admitted I told the truth about Bourousis?

Why was I so wronged here?