PDA

View Full Version : Okay I'm pissed and here's why

TJastal
12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm just finishing up watching last night's game. It's the 4th quarter of kings game 4:12 left.

Critical juncture of the game. Spurs with 5 pt lead. Dante Green drives and puts up a shot in the lane, Bonner contests the shot, it misses. Good defense by Matt.

Bonner corrals the rebound with one hand and is in the process of bringing it to his other hand. When Green grabs Bonner's off arm and yanks back so hard it literally almost makes Bonner lose his balance and fall. Of course, Bonner cannot control the ball and Green takes it and makes a basket.

Ok, first of all.. how is this not one of the most obvious fouls of the year? If Matt Bonner had done anything 1/10 as bad he would be called for it.

WTF is wrong with these refs that they cannot give Matt Bonner ONE modicum of respect out there. Fuck the bastards. I'm pissed off.

LOL@MavsFan
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Is this the first Spurs game you've ever seen?

Bender
12-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I require a video of said foul, before I can make a comment.

TJastal
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Hell no. But I've never seen a more obviously blatant foul not called, aside from Ron Artest's mugging of Luis Scola earlier in the year.

After a 28 point performance I think Matt Bonner deserves to be getting a little more respect from these jackals.

TJastal
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I require a video of said foul, before I can make a comment.

Watch the game tape if you have it. It's 4:12 of the 4th quarter.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-10-2009, 02:32 PM
ya..bonner got no love from the refs on that play
or.... most of the time

LOL@MavsFan
12-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Hell no. But I've never seen a more obviously blatant foul not called, aside from Ron Artest's mugging of Luis Scola earlier in the year.

After a 28 point performance I think Matt Bonner deserves to be getting a little more respect from these jackals.

Tim Duncan doesn't even get respect, so why should Ginger? It's always been like that. Just watch when the Spurs play the Mavs and Jazz away from SA. It can get pretty bad...especially near the end of the game.

rascal
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Boring white guys don't get any respect in the nba.

LOL@MavsFan
12-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Dirk?

YoMamaIsCallin
12-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, I saw the same thing, and screamed "That's a foul!" at the TV. Bonner's expression just looked hangdog, like, "I know the refs hate me and there's nothing I can do about it." So he played on.

TJastal
12-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Tim Duncan doesn't even get respect, so why should Ginger? It's always been like that. Just watch when the Spurs play the Mavs and Jazz away from SA. It can get pretty bad...especially near the end of the game.

First off. This was a home game. Not away.

And I understand when the refs play the respect card. But this foul is so egregious it should never be questioned even in a "respect" situation.

Leetonidas
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Uh...I'm a huge Tim Duncan fan, but come on dude. Tim Duncan gets his fair share of super star calls.

FromWayDowntown
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Last night's game was not an officiating clinic, by any means. I thought at least 3 offensive fouls were suspect calls; Wunderlich got Beno on a block, but that sure looked like a Parker travel and it appeared that Wunderlich bailed Parker out. Derek Richardson had the worst night of all, I thought. And by the way they interacted and some of what got called, I started to wonder if there was some kind of bad blood between RJ and Joe Forte.

UnWantedTheory
12-10-2009, 02:59 PM

No shit...this doesnt ever happen to the Spurs right? :rolleyes
All game, every game. Well,...ok im exaggerating, but it happens alot.

TJastal
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
No shit...this doesnt ever happen to the Spurs right? :rolleyes
All game, every game. Well,...ok im exaggerating, but it happens alot.

I've never seen such a blatantly bad and obvious loose ball foul in my entire 30 years of watching the league not get called. Green yanked Bonner's off arm so hard it almost made Bonner fall over.

What made it worse was Bonner already had the ball, so the attention was on him. Not like it happened away from the ball where the officials might miss something like that.

senorglory
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Dirk?

He's an exotic. German.

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I saw that play the same, but the fact is this is the NBA - biases and bs crooked officials are rampant and have been for years.

draft87
12-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm just finishing up watching last night's game. It's the 4th quarter of kings game 4:12 left.

Critical juncture of the game. Spurs with 5 pt lead. Dante Green drives and puts up a shot in the lane, Bonner contests the shot, it misses. Good defense by Matt.

Bonner corrals the rebound with one hand and is in the process of bringing it to his other hand. When Green grabs Bonner's off arm and yanks back so hard it literally almost makes Bonner lose his balance and fall. Of course, Bonner cannot control the ball and Green takes it and makes a basket.

Ok, first of all.. how is this not one of the most obvious fouls of the year? If Matt Bonner had done anything 1/10 as bad he would be called for it.

WTF is wrong with these refs that they cannot give Matt Bonner ONE modicum of respect out there. Fuck the bastards. I'm pissed off.

Well, being that Spurs fans don't even respect Matt Bonner it doesn't surprise me to hear someone else accused of not respecting him.

dbestpro
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Uh...I'm a huge Tim Duncan fan, but come on dude. Tim Duncan gets his fair share of super star calls.

I'D rather Timmy get the right call if it meant that everyone else would get the right call, as well.

SpurNation
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
This is not just an nba thing. It happens in basketball from grade school on up. It's part of the game as they say. But I feel your frustration...obvious calls/non-calls should not be acceptable at this level if one is to be truely considered a "professional" in their respected field.

Plausible deniability. Works every time.

Spursmania
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
It's very frustrating and unfortunately a part of the game we have to live with...