PDA

View Full Version : Romo to take over holder duties again

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1822389.html
:(

This is just another example of Wade being a shit head coach. Apparently Folk and McBriar were room mates and good friends until now that Folk is blaming his misses on bad holds and they don't like each other much now. I swear this organization is full of clowns.

So Buehler or Kitna can't do it? You have to have Romo do it? Wade should never let Romo do it again this is ridiculous bs

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
:lmao They have 2 kickers, a punter, and 3 QBs on the team but Romo is going to hold?? Only this team can be this stupid. Not even the Raiders fuck this up.

BruceBowenFan
12-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Really???, WOW this is so fucking stupid.:bang:bang

Spursfan092120
12-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh...my....God.... :(

peewee's lovechild
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Retarded.

JudynTX
12-10-2009, 04:22 PM
:lmao

Dr. Gonzo
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I think he'll be alright.

samikeyp
12-10-2009, 06:26 PM
This is a great move! This ensures Wade's firing at the end of the season! :elephant

:lol

LOL@MavsFan
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey it could be worse...vanderjagt could be the kicker

Death In June
12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1822389.html
:(

This is just another example of Wade being a shit head coach. Apparently Folk and McBriar were room mates and good friends until now that Folk is blaming his misses on bad holds and they don't like each other much now. I swear this organization is full of clowns.

So Buehler or Kitna can't do it? You have to have Romo do it? Wade should never let Romo do it again this is ridiculous bsMcBriar was terrible at holding. He was late on placing the ball, was late spinning the seems, left it laces in several times. Using Kitna is not an option. He's never practiced place holding in his career, and you want to let him do it this late in the season? You want to use McGee? Who are you going to inactivate to get him out there? With the exception of one bad snap, Romo was very good at place holding. I think it's the right move to make. It's not like holders are being abused out there. How many of them actually suffer an injury? Can you think of one time it ever happened? I don't get why this is such a big deal.

Spursfan092120
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I will say one thing...the December Romo thing sure didn't seem to bother him last Sunday. I think he should be ok. I don't like the fact that our starting QB is out there holding, but oh well.

gaKNOW!blee
12-10-2009, 08:29 PM
This is too good to be true...

BlackSwordsMan
12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
cya wade

BlackSwordsMan
12-10-2009, 09:33 PM
8-8 cowboy run!

jag
12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
His former incident with holding is the reason i don't want to see him ever do it again. Not because i don't think he can go out there and be effective...but because there's a possibility that his former f-up could affect him psychologically during another big moment.

There's no reason in hell that Romo should be holding.

RealEstateDude
12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
McBriar was terrible at holding. He was late on placing the ball, was late spinning the seems, left it laces in several times. Using Kitna is not an option. He's never practiced place holding in his career, and you want to let him do it this late in the season? You want to use McGee? Who are you going to inactivate to get him out there? With the exception of one bad snap, Romo was very good at place holding. I think it's the right move to make. It's not like holders are being abused out there. How many of them actually suffer an injury? Can you think of one time it ever happened? I don't get why this is such a big deal.

The only other person qualified with experience holding is Crayton (Ex-QB) but Romo volunteered..

kamikazi_player
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM
lol op loves to hate coach wade, it might not bad this time around for Romo.

slick'81
12-10-2009, 11:48 PM
somehow heading into sunday v san diego romo holding on fg attempts is the least of my worries

ducks
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
I like the move
great for fakes

Whisky Dog
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
McBriar was terrible at holding. He was late on placing the ball, was late spinning the seems, left it laces in several times. Using Kitna is not an option. He's never practiced place holding in his career, and you want to let him do it this late in the season? You want to use McGee? Who are you going to inactivate to get him out there? With the exception of one bad snap, Romo was very good at place holding. I think it's the right move to make. It's not like holders are being abused out there. How many of them actually suffer an injury? Can you think of one time it ever happened? I don't get why this is such a big deal.

It's not that holding is dangerous physically, it's just something that the starting QB does not need on his plate and have to concern himself with. The main reason this is stupid is because of what happened in Seattle, now this has the chance of effecting Romo mentally. It's just retarded in the NFL to have planned so poorly that your starting QB has to reluctantly take over holding duties.

Troy Aikman was on the ticket today and was dumbfounded that Romo would be in position to have to hold again. It's the complete lack of preparation by the coaches that is truly absurd here.

Whisky Dog
12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Props to Romo for stepping up to do this even though he should never have to.

symple19
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Props to Romo for doing something he's been told to do by the coach? Really? LOLROFL

Romo deserves the MVP for this IMO.

greyforest
12-11-2009, 12:56 AM
romo is so unclutch

KSeal
12-11-2009, 02:53 AM
I like the move
great for fakes

:lol

Romo will fumble it if the game is close enough for a fake to be important.

peewee's lovechild
12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I will say one thing...the December Romo thing sure didn't seem to bother him last Sunday. I think he should be ok.

Pendejo.

You just jinxed him.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Pendejo.

You just jinxed him.
nah...he's gonna be fine. And his hand eye coordination seems to have gotten better as well...bottom line is, if the kicker isn't comfortable with the holder, you have to change that, and if Romo has to hold, then he does. I'd actually like to see Crayton hold, and surprise everyone with his QB abilities on a fake. I saw him throw a few balls during training camp...dude has some talent. I always thought he'd be our Wildcat guy..he's fast, he can throw...it'd be a hell of a shocker for an opposing coach to see Patrick Crayton throw a 30-40 yard TD pass to Roy Williams out of a wildcat formation.

December Romo
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I will say one thing...the December Romo thing sure didn't seem to bother him last Sunday. I think he should be ok. I don't like the fact that our starting QB is out there holding, but oh well.
Patience son...patience. The month is still young.

peewee's lovechild
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Patience son...patience. The month is still young.

Hahaha. This troll is funny. And well made too.

Whisky Dog
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Props to Romo for doing something he's been told to do by the coach? Really? LOLROFL

Romo deserves the MVP for this IMO.

Romo wasn't told to do it, he volunteered.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Hahaha. This troll is funny. And well made too.
meh...he's a decent troll..he should be posting like crazy right now, being that it's December.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
nah...he's gonna be fine. And his hand eye coordination seems to have gotten better as well...bottom line is, if the kicker isn't comfortable with the holder, you have to change that, and if Romo has to hold, then he does. I'd actually like to see Crayton hold, and surprise everyone with his QB abilities on a fake. I saw him throw a few balls during training camp...dude has some talent. I always thought he'd be our Wildcat guy..he's fast, he can throw...it'd be a hell of a shocker for an opposing coach to see Patrick Crayton throw a 30-40 yard TD pass to Roy Williams out of a wildcat formation.

Roy Williams would drop it.

dirk4mvp
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
lol romo

remember when people thought this guy was a top 10 qb?

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
lol romo

remember when people thought this guy was a top 10 qb?

I'm sure there are people on these boards that still believe that.

peewee's lovechild
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
He's easily on the Top 25.

Whisky Dog
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Who are the top 10?

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Farve
Ben R
Palmer
Warner

Who next? Romo is better than Flacco and Ryan who have sucked this year, maybe Eli but Romo has played better this year. Definitely better than Cutler.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Who are the top 10?

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Farve
Ben R
Palmer
Warner

Who next? Romo is better than Flacco and Ryan who have sucked this year, maybe Eli but Romo has played better this year. Definitely better than Cutler.

Eli has been injured all season. He is definitely better than Romo.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Roy Williams would drop it.
:bang:bang
OK..Miles Austin

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Eli has been injured all season. He is definitely better than Romo.
I would disagree with that, but you're definitely entitled to your opinion.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Who are the top 10?

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Farve
Ben R
Palmer
Warner

I would put Romo above Palmer and Warner. He's been a lot more consistent than Palmer, and maybe Warner is as good, but except for December, Romo's been phenomenal year in and year out.

Whisky Dog
12-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I would put Romo above Palmer and Warner. He's been a lot more consistent than Palmer, and maybe Warner is as good, but except for December, Romo's been phenomenal year in and year out.

Yeah those were really close. I put them ahead just to say worst case scenario - looks like Romo is anywhere from 7th to 9th, and you could make a case for 6th since Ben has sucked hard this year too. I gave him the nod on career acheivement though.

I seriously can't think of anyone else that would be above Romo. Not top 5 but definitely top 10

mexicanjunior
12-11-2009, 05:58 PM
How many of them actually suffer an injury? Can you think of one time it ever happened? I don't get why this is such a big deal.

You don't think some 53rd on the roster special teamer won't take a shot at Romo while "attempting" a blocked field goal? San Diego would be stupid not to....

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah those were really close. I put them ahead just to say worst case scenario - looks like Romo is anywhere from 7th to 9th, and you could make a case for 6th since Ben has sucked hard this year too. I gave him the nod on career acheivement though.

I seriously can't think of anyone else that would be above Romo. Not top 5 but definitely top 10
great take. Agreed 100%

mouse.
12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Dsebastian08/Football%20Images/li8mx.gif

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
"When you're the quarterback of a football team, really all that matters is winning," Romo said Thursday. "If this helps us do that, I'm doing to do it. ... Pops told me one time, `Leadership is doing what has to be done."'

Sounds like he's just trying to be a leader to me.

dirk4mvp
12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Who are the top 10?

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Farve
Ben R
Palmer
Warner

Someone who thinks Romo is better than McNabb might have a mental condition.

slick'81
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM

agreed i would put mcnabb ahead of romo

Whisky Dog
12-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Good catch, that's one I missed. Romo's having a better season but McNabb's still a bit better as a QB IMO. Still, Romo is top 10.

Duff McCartney
12-11-2009, 09:45 PM
For me a top QB is someone who won't lose you the game with stupid turnovers and passes. Romo is not that QB. If you want to count on someone to not blow the game and just be smart, that's not him.

That said there are probably 10-15 QBs in the NFL that are better than Romo, and I'd put Eli above Romo. He may not have the touchdowns, but when the game is on the line, he won't fuck it up for the team and throw an interception or fumble.

benefactor
12-12-2009, 12:22 AM
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Dsebastian08/Football%20Images/li8mx.gif
rofl

Whisky Dog
12-12-2009, 02:16 AM
For me a top QB is someone who won't lose you the game with stupid turnovers and passes. Romo is not that QB. If you want to count on someone to not blow the game and just be smart, that's not him.

That said there are probably 10-15 QBs in the NFL that are better than Romo, and I'd put Eli above Romo. He may not have the touchdowns, but when the game is on the line, he won't fuck it up for the team and throw an interception or fumble.

Eli has made his share of mistakes that cost games too.

Ok, so you say about 15 QBs are better... Name them. Put up time.

Spurs da champs
12-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Nick Folk is garbage.

Death In June
12-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Romo: 68% completion percentage, 3,325 yards, QB rating of 96.3, and a 20:7 touchdown to interception ratio. Not counting intangibles (because they're not measurable), his stats place him in the top ten.

LOL texans
12-12-2009, 10:23 AM

That is just awesome. :lmao

Da Boys Da Best
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Romo will prove that he is the best QB in the league this week. His holding won't matter because they will win by at least 17.

Whisky Dog
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
I have to admit it sounded like an extremely stupid idea, but he's had 2 of his best games since taking over as the holder. Maybe psychologically it helps him when he holds, it's f'n weird.

Spursfan092120
12-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I have to admit it sounded like an extremely stupid idea, but he's had 2 of his best games since taking over as the holder. Maybe psychologically it helps him when he holds, it's f'n weird.
Yes..but now that Suisham is our kicker, I doubt we see Romo holding again.

In10se
12-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Romo's going to keep holding. Wade announced that during a presser, said no reason to change when Romo has stabilized that duty.

Horry For 3!
12-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Romo's going to keep holding. Wade announced that during a presser, said no reason to change when Romo has stabilized that duty.

I was wondering about that, if he was still going to hold.