PDA

View Full Version : Earl Thomas Got F'n Robbed

CubanSucks
12-10-2009, 07:40 PM
They must have taken the votes back in August before the season was played and Eric Berry was the biggest name for DBs cause Earl Thomas' stats don't fucking lie. That is a pathetic move by the voters to give the trophy to the biggest name cause of their pre-season hype. I don't care if it is just the Jim Thorpe Award

Kyle Orton
12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
yeah right. don't kid yourself.

Spursfan092120
12-10-2009, 07:45 PM
yeah right. don't kid yourself.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/36759033_b1622bced2.jpg

Kyle Orton
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Have you seen this movie?

http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2009/07/obsessed.jpg

CubanSucks
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Come on Shipley!

Spursfan092120
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Have you seen this movie?

http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2009/07/obsessed.jpg
lmao...I went into this thread because it was talking about a Longhorn, and happened to notice you posted in here. You went into this thread, read it, and posted just to talk bad about a guy because he's a Longhorn. Who's obsessed?

Kyle Orton
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
lmao...I went into this thread because it was talking about a Longhorn, and happened to notice you posted in here. You went into this thread, read it, and posted just to talk bad about a guy because he's a Longhorn. Who's obsessed?
I posted something bad about a longhorn? You're more delusional than your boyfriend blake. lol obsessed

You shouldn't be mad that Berry was deserved of his award and is the best DB in the nation.

Kyle Orton
12-10-2009, 07:53 PM
well deserved, Golden Tate!

Spursfan092120
12-10-2009, 07:53 PM
You shouldn't be mad that Berry was deserved of his award and is the best DB in the nation.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
well deserved, Golden Tate!
that one I agree with.

Kyle Orton
:lmao:lmao:lmao
so you're happy for him. great.

IronMexican
How tall is Golden Tate?

CubanSucks
12-10-2009, 07:55 PM
fucking sympathy award cause ND sucks. At least it wasn't that dude from fuckin Bowling Green.

CubanSucks
12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Sue better win the Bednarik. I fuckin hate both Spikes and that hippo Cody

IronMexican
12-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Did McCoy get invited for the bednarik? He's the second best defensive player in the nation.

dirk4mvp
12-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Did McCoy get invited for the bednarik? He's the second best defensive player in the nation.

Rolando McClain is the best. You've got Suh at #3?

IronMexican
12-10-2009, 08:06 PM
McClain's #3, brosef. No shame in that. Suh and McCoy are both beasts. But, DT>LB on importance.

mookie2001
12-10-2009, 08:13 PM
i'll give it to berry hes a harder hitter, bigger guy, has the name recognition, best player on his team. but earl thomas is much better in coverage and has more INTs,

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Texas is the Rodney Dangerfield of individual player recognitions.

Earl Thomas said today at the ceremony that the entire defense is pissed that he was the only first team all-big 12 selection. That Houston and Kindle got robbed like no other.
I have gone from not caring about the Heisman to actively rooting for Colt to lose that blasted trophy. This team thrives on getting no love during December.

I feel bad for Shipley though. You can tell he really really wanted that award. I don't blame the Nebraska performance on him, with his turf toe, but he really needed a good OU game...i think that woulda put him over the top (not to mention made him a Heisman candidate at that point).
Did they announce the Groza award yet? Hunter should earn that one for sure.

IronMexican
12-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Has Kindle been that good this season? The only entire longhorn games I've watched were the Neb and OU games.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2009, 01:52 AM
He's been double teamed every game and commands so much attention he opens stuff up for Mr. Acho and Eddie "Winslow" Jones.

He's a force out there. Dunno, I guess he gets what he gets, but just sayin that the D is pissed about it and Texas is usually pretty good at channelling shit like that into a positive.

TFloss32
12-11-2009, 09:12 AM

He might be. However, this award is given on a year-to-year basis. If you watched enough football, it's easy to see that Earl Thomas plainly outplayed Eric Berry this year. Berry did not deserve the award this year (over Earl Thomas, at least).

It's like Taylor Mays making All-American this year while being part of that USC defense who couldn't stop anyone.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
just sayin that the D is pissed about it and Texas is usually pretty good at channelling shit like that into a positive.
This is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw they got hosed. Acho, Kindle, Houston...they all should have gotten recognition. It's a sad day when the number 1 defense in the country only has one guy recognized. Good luck, Saban.

IronMexican
12-11-2009, 12:06 PM
He's been double teamed every game and commands so much attention he opens stuff up for Mr. Acho and Eddie "Winslow" Jones.

He's a force out there. Dunno, I guess he gets what he gets, but just sayin that the D is pissed about it and Texas is usually pretty good at channelling shit like that into a positive.

Getting a double team is almost as good as getting pressure. He's nowhere near Orakpo's level, though.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Getting a double team is almost as good as getting pressure. He's nowhere near Orakpo's level, though.
He will be. Brian Orakpo is a beast among men, but Kindle is on his way...

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Kindle is better than Orakpo. Orakpo never saw the field as a linebacker, never fell into coverage. Kindle was an LB last year and only plays end this year because we have so many talented LBs. The knock on Orakpo going into the draft was can he survive in a 3-4 system, is he big enough, does he have the hip fluidity to be a coverage guy when needed.

Kindle has already proven all that. If we didn't have shit for LB's, he'd still be lined up there with Winslow and Acho playing DEs.

IronMexican
12-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Kindle is better than Orakpo. Orakpo never saw the field as a linebacker, never fell into coverage. Kindle was an LB last year and only plays end this year because we have so many talented LBs. The knock on Orakpo going into the draft was can he survive in a 3-4 system, is he big enough, does he have the hip fluidity to be a coverage guy when needed.

Kindle has already proven all that. If we didn't have shit for LB's, he'd still be lined up there with Winslow and Acho playing DEs.

Brah, people thought he would excel at a 3-4 OLB. That's why a lot of people got mad when he was compared to Gholston in a 3-4. I don't know why the skins are playing him at LB in a 4-3, though.