PDA

View Full Version : Dems team with Monsantos to crush organic farms

hope4dopes
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
NaturalNews) The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund recently reported (http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-02mar2009.htm) the unveiling of the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 (H.R. 875) on Feb. 4, 2009, by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), to both the House Committee on Energy and Commerce (http://energycommerce.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=53) and the House Committee on Agriculture (http://agriculture.house.gov/inside/members.html). Cosponsored by 36 other Congressmen, all Democrats, H.R. 875 would essentially transfer all state control over food regulation to the Food Safety Administration (FSA), a newly-established federal bureaucracy to be created within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Its implications point to the elimination of all independent, family farms as well as all organic farming operations due to overbearing federal regulations subjectively determined by FSA in favor of corporate factory farms.

Rosa Delauro the person who introduced this bill is married to an employee of the giant agrobiz Monsantos.

admiralsnackbar
12-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Monsanto has to be one of the most vile outfits in business.

hope4dopes
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
indeed they are alarmingly scary.

admiralsnackbar
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
indeed they are alarmingly scary.

Just greasing the gears that allowed them to set the precedent for being able to patent life-forms is scary. I imagine it would have happened sooner or later in bio-med if not agribusiness, but their intellectual property lawsuits are notorious in their overkill, even in cases where wind carried Monsanto seed to non-Monsanto farmer's fields.

Winehole23
12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/organic.asp

Winehole23
12-10-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-02mar2009.htm

ChumpDumper
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM
"Point to"?

Wow.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/organic.aspSo micca is pushing another lie.

Hardly surprising.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Many links to both camps here:

http://overlawyered.com/2009/04/hr-875-food-safety-modernization-act-of-2009/

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Just greasing the gears that allowed them to set the precedent for being able to patent life-forms is scary. I imagine it would have happened sooner or later in bio-med if not agribusiness, but their intellectual property lawsuits are notorious in their overkill, even in cases where wind carried Monsanto seed to non-Monsanto farmer's fields.

Yeah they're reminicent of standard oil in their absolute arrogance and brutality. They know they have the goverment in their pocket, they don't even pretend to hide the fact.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
So micca is pushing another lie.

Hardly surprising.About Rosa Delauro, yeah.

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 12:03 AM
So micca is pushing another lie.

Hardly surprising. talk of pushing lies chimp how's your "good war" going.

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:04 AM
About Rosa Delauro, yeah.It's crazy. Even if there are real issues regarding this bill, people like him go and fuck it up with outright lies that are easily exposed.

Stupid.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.usrecallnews.com/2009/11/interview-with-joel-salatin.html

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:05 AM
talk of pushing lies chimp how's your "good war" going.Were you against the Afghanistan war in 2001?

Nice attempt at trying to change the subject in your own thread once your lie is exposed.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:16 AM
A lengthy critique of the inefficiency and ineptitude of food safety protocols can be found here:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/The-Festering-Fraud-behind-by-Nicole-Johnson-091109-384.html

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
[quote=ChumpDumper;3908296]It's crazy. Even if there are real issues regarding this bill, people like him go and fuck it up with outright lies that are easily exposed.

Stupid.[/quot Well I trust your and whineholes judgemnt about as much as I trust monsantos and obama.

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Well I trust your and whineholes judgemnt about as much as I trust monsantos and obama.You're the one who lied here.

Why did you lie?

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
The argument seems to be about how the FDA would interpret the bill if it became law—FWW and CU urge us to believe that the agency would go gentle on small-scale producers, and the NSAC emphasizes that the agency could use its new authority to crack down on them.

This debate will continue when the Senate takes up the issue in the fall.
http://www.grist.org/article/2009-07-30-house-food-safety-bill-questions-remain/

symple19
12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
You're the one who lied here.

Why did you lie?

:lol That last question is so simple and yet so hilarious at the same time.

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
NaturalNews) The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund recently reported (http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-02mar2009.htm) the unveiling of the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 (H.R. 875) on Feb. 4, 2009, by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), to both the House Committee on Energy and Commerce (http://energycommerce.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=53) and the House Committee on Agriculture (http://agriculture.house.gov/inside/members.html). Cosponsored by 36 other Congressmen, all Democrats, H.R. 875 would essentially transfer all state control over food regulation to the Food Safety Administration (FSA), a newly-established federal bureaucracy to be created within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Its implications point to the elimination of all independent, family farms as well as all organic farming operations due to overbearing federal regulations subjectively determined by FSA in favor of corporate factory farms.

Rosa Delauro the person who introduced this bill is married to an employee of the giant agrobiz Monsantos.Just wanted to get the OP in case something unexpected happened to it.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Well I trust your and whineholes judgemnt about as much as I trust monsantos and obama.I didn't state any opinion.

The bill could have an impact on small producers, depending on how government agencies parse the language. And given the FDA's and USDA's track record on food safety, I'm not too sanguine about giving them even more authority to fuck things up or about the creation of an additional food safety bureaucracy.

That said, some of the things claimed seem to be hyperbole.

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM
I didn't state any opinion.

The bill could have an impact on small producers, depending on how government agencies parse the language. And given the FDA's and USDA's track record on food safety, I'm not too sanguine about giving them even more authority to fuck things up or about the creation of an additional food safety bureaucracy.

That said, some of the things claimed seem to be hyperbole.I agree, except that definitely one of the things claimed by micca is an outright lie.

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
And now Monsanto wants its own employee, Michael Taylor back in government, this time to act with massive police power as a "food safety tsar" from inside the White House. This is the man who forced genetically engineered rBGH on us (unlabeled, and without warning) when the Clintons placed him over "food safety" in the 90s. HR 875 would give him immense power over what is done on every single farm in the country and massive police state power to wield over farmers and punishments to break them at will.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
^^^http://www.opednews.com/articles/Monsanto-s-dream-bill-HR-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090309-337.html

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
I agree, except that definitely one of the things claimed by micca is an outright lie. stop trolling dipshit,I mean go ahead and be whineholes mini me,we all expect that, but troll somewhere else.

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 12:42 AM

That said, some of the things claimed seem to be hyperbole.Oh yeah hyperbole, I mean if you can't trust the goverment that created economic meltdown and bailouts,a goverment who is passing out our money to wall street and international bankers I mean if you can't trust them to work in the peoples intrest who can you trust.

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
^^^http://www.opednews.com/articles/Monsanto-s-dream-bill-HR-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090309-337.htmlRight, the same source for the lie micca pushed.

Did you know Taylor was first appointed to the FDA by GHW Bush?

It's true.

stop trolling dipshit,I mean go ahead and be whineholes mini me,we all expect that, but troll somewhere else.Stop lying, liar.

I mean go ahead and keep lying. We all expect that, and we have fun exposing them. :tu

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh yeah hyperbole, I mean if you can't trust the goverment that created economic meltdown and bailouts,a goverment who is passing out our money to wall street and international bankers I mean if you can't trust them to work in the peoples intrest who can you trust.I mean I can't trust you because you lie.

Why did you lie, micca?

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
I believe he's more lazy and gullible in this case. Whatever bs micca swallows he just vomits up undigested.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Oh yeah hyperbole, I mean if you can't trust the goverment that created economic meltdown and bailouts,a goverment who is passing out our money to wall street and international bankers I mean if you can't trust them to work in the peoples intrest who can you trust.Supposing the government does start shutting down backyard gardens, farmers markets, producers of boutique greens, veggies and hormone-free, range fed cattle, all the yuppies all the hippies and all their chefs will go bananas. So will a lot of other people.

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 01:12 AM
And now Monsanto wants its own employee, Michael Taylor back in government, this time to act with massive police power as a "food safety tsar" from inside the White House. This is the man who forced genetically engineered rBGH on us (unlabeled, and without warning) when the Clintons placed him over "food safety" in the 90s. HR 875 would give him immense power over what is done on every single farm in the country and massive police state power to wield over farmers and punishments to break them at will.

I gotta say your need to turn this discussion (whether it be based on truth or not) into a partisan zinger when both sides are obviously culpable for making Monsanto the remarkable POS it is seems counterproductive.

If you think the GOP doesn't lick Monsanto's shiny shiny, shiny boots of leather, you should read up on good old Donald Rumsfeld's days at Searle/Monsanto.

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Feh, Rummy only made $12 million from Monsanto. Obama is going to throw you in jail for growing tomatoes in your backyard!

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
If you think the GOP doesn't lick Monsanto's shiny shiny, shiny boots of leather, you should read up on good old Donald Rumsfeld's days at Searle/Monsanto.Ermine furs, adorned, imperious...

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I gotta say your need to turn this discussion (whether it be based on truth or not) into a partisan zinger when both sides are obviously culpable for making Monsanto the remarkable POS it is seems counterproductive.

If you think the GOP doesn't lick Monsanto's shiny shiny, shiny boots of leather, you should read up on good old Donald Rumsfeld's days at Searle/Monsanto.

I'm not making it partisan in the least,nor do I believe it is. what makes this disturbing is that all the sponsers of this bill are democrats, and since the democrats have total control over the congress and the whitehouse,there doesn't seem to be any way to stop this bill. I find it enlightening that bootlikers like whinehole and mini me have total faith in a bill being pushed by monsantos just because it is being sanctioned by democrats, just like they support wars now because they are being pushed by democrats.My point is that the democrats are not a solution to the corprate raiding of the nation.
When someone questions the ties between monsantos and the DNC whiney and mini me do not want to hear it, and so attack anyone that points this out. loyal democrats are being daily left with an emperor with his ass hanging out, and the DNC's strategy has been to either lie or attack any dissent in America as either Nazis, domestic threats, or lunatics.It's either that or having to face the inconvenient truth that despite their dellusion of liberals being so much smarter than billy bob. They have been sold a bill of goods.

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
That's funny... I don't get the impression Winehole even voted Dem last election.

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
That's funny... I don't get the impression Winehole even voted Dem last election.
Oh I do , he was quite impressed by Obama's intelligence and qualifications at that time.He prefers to mouth the consent being manufactured however and, as Obama's numbers slip so will whineholes support of Obama.

Oh, Gee!!
12-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I find it enlightening that bootlikers like whinehole and mini me have total faith in a bill being pushed by monsantos just because it is being sanctioned by democrats, just like they support wars now because they are being pushed by democrats.

I don't get that impression whatsover.

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh I do , he was quite impressed by Obama's intelligence and qualifications at that time.He prefers to mouth the consent being manufactured however and, as Obama's numbers slip so will whineholes support of Obama.

This is going far afield of the topic now, but your take doesn't make sense to me. If he's a die-hard Democrat partisan, why would he determinedly defend some cabal of pro-Monsanto small-fry Dems when he even now criticizes Obama, his hero (according to you), in other threads dated yesterday?

And for the record, I'm more-or-less a conservative, but I was favorably impressed by Obama during the campaign. Doesn't suddenly make me a card carrying pinko, I don't think.

hope4dopes
12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't get that impression whatsover.
Oh, yes Chumpster felt Afghanistan was a "good war"

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I believe he's more lazy and gullible in this case. Whatever bs micca swallows he just vomits up undigested.More explicitly, Wino doubts he really meant to lie this time.

Otherwise, h4d's record here more or less speaks for itself. He's fiercely opinionated and fiercely lazy at the same time. Maybe micca's factual ineptitude is related to his disjointed, highly paranoid and highly idiosyncratic conception of politics.

mogrovejo
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Rosa Delauro the person who introduced this bill is married to an employee of the giant agrobiz Monsantos.

Delauro's husband firm works for my employer. He's not exactly a Monsanto's employee, he just has them as a major client.

Anyone who believes for a second that rent-seekers won't use the new powers this law confers to the government is naive beyond redemption. I'm always amazed that the same people who bitch about the "oligarchs" are so often in favour of increasing the government power.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Anyone who believes for a second that rent-seekers won't use the new powers this law confers to the government is naive beyond redemption. I'm always amazed that the same people who bitch about the "oligarchs" are so often in favour of increasing the government power.Who, please?

ChumpDumper
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I find it enlightening that bootlikers like whinehole and mini me have total faith in a bill being pushed by monsantos just because it is being sanctioned by democrats

Oh, yes Chumpster felt Afghanistan was a "good war"What does that have to do with this bill? Winehole and I explicitly expressed skepticism toward this bill.

That said, some of the things claimed seem to be hyperbole.

I agree, except that definitely one of the things claimed by micca is an outright lie.

Please yourself explain fully, because right now you just seem butthurt about having your lie exposed so easily.

SA210
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4Ap4lXJLU

boutons_deux
01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
It's not Obama, or any President, personally. It's BigFood, BigAg, BigChem have compromised/corrupted the FDA/USDA with their lobbyists, whore scientists, execs. And there's NO SOLUTION for it. USA is a corporatocracy.

SA210
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
It's not Obama, or any President, personally. It's BigFood, BigAg, BigChem have compromised/corrupted the FDA/USDA with their lobbyists, whore scientists, execs. And there's NO SOLUTION for it. USA is a corporatocracy.

I agree 100% on the highlighted part, and I usually agree with you on most things, except when it comes to Obama, respectfully. Obama is the one who appointed "Mr. Monsanto" to the FDA. How can he not be blamed for this? It's just like the drones, and NDAA, HE is the one who signed it, HE makes the decision to do it. Whether pressured from assholes behind the scenes or not, HE is the one who has final say. I respect your takes on everything, but I am really confused as to how you have such great knowledge on the issues, but refuse to blame Obama where he deserves it, and he does deserves a hell of a lot of it. He's doing their job for them, for the MIC, the bankers, etc. If you are saying he is merely a puppet, Why be that man? Why be that puppet that does so much harm? And it is a puppets fault for allowing himself to be one. Obama is the one fighting to keep NDAA, in court. He could just let it go, but he doesn't.

I believe it goes beyond just being a puppet with him, I think he's simply one of the really bad guys who ran under the guise of being a Democrat, tbh. Or he simply sold the f out worse than anything imagineable for power. Either way, he's a murderer and war criminal, same as Bush/Cheney... whether puppet or not. Sad to say.