PDA

View Full Version : Its been 5 years and Dwight Howard still has no post game

picc84
12-11-2009, 01:09 AM
:wakeup

Carlos "no D" Boozer owning you on defense in the post because you have no moves outside of "back down and dunk"?

Not good.

Doesn't help that Wince is throwing up off balance fadeaways every change he gets.

jag
12-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I argued with a Magic fan during last years postseason for about 2 hours over Dwights post game. He swore up and down that Dwight has some secret (Dream Shake-like) moves that he's ready to unleash.

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2009, 01:28 AM
He was said to have worked on it in the off-season, but it hasn't showed..

His game is hurt without penetration from his perimeter players, so losing Nelson has hurt in that regard..

He got a lot of good looks in this game, he wasn't making them..he doesn't really need many moves, he can get his hook shots off on any defender..he just hasn't worked on those few moves enough to make them consistent..

It's kind of scary that Orlando has been so good with all the problems they've had so far..

JamStone
12-11-2009, 01:32 AM
It's true, but hey, David Robinson had a Hall of Fame career despite never having a post game on offense.

picc84
12-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Dwight tried the same 'move' about 3x in a row tonight and Boozer looked bored waiting for him to turn around so he could strip it away.

Anytime Carlos Boozer looks bored guarding you and its not because he's just waiting to get back on offense, you've got a problem.

picc84
12-11-2009, 01:34 AM
It's true, but hey, David Robinson had a Hall of Fame career despite never having a post game on offense.

When Dwight gets any semblance of a jumpshot that comparison will be more valid.

IronMexican
12-11-2009, 01:34 AM

Congrats on creating a 20 page thread.

usdane
12-11-2009, 01:35 AM

Spurs fans going nuts in 3-2-1

ezau
D Rob, despite his size has a solid mid-range game that few big men have. He doesn't have to play in the post because there's no need to. Imagine Dwight developing a post game while having that freakish athletic ability. He is going to be scary when he reaches his prime.

TheMACHINE
Bynum > Howard

JamStone
I'm not suggesting Dwight is in the same league as David Robinson as a scorer. I'm merely stating that a big man in the NBA can have great success without being a dominant post player on offense. That's all.

TheMACHINE
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Robinson couldnt do anything without Duncan anyways. Overated.

ezau
12-11-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm not suggesting Dwight is in the same league as David Robinson as a scorer. I'm merely stating that a big man in the NBA can have great success without being a dominant post player on offense. That's all.

Good point.

ezau
12-11-2009, 01:38 AM

role player

Fpoonsie
12-11-2009, 01:38 AM

Laker fan tryin to stretch this thread, one way or another.

sabar
12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Indeed, a better title would of been Its been 5 years and Dwight Howard still has no offensive game outside dunking

TheMACHINE
12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Laker fan tryin to stretch this thread, one way or another.

just stating the facts.

NRHector
12-11-2009, 01:41 AM
just stating the facts.your facts are wrong

jag
12-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Robinson didn't have a great post game...but he had a hell of an offensive game. There's really no reason to even compare the two.

ezau
12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
your facts are wrong

:lmao:lmao:lmao

picc84
12-11-2009, 01:46 AM

Thats true. But Dwight doesn't have anything. He has dunk. Then he has alley oop dunk.

redzero
12-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Indeed, a better title would of been Its been 5 years and Dwight Howard still has no offensive game outside dunking

You seem to have forgotten about his broken four-step running sky hook.

duhoh
12-11-2009, 04:05 AM

sky hook?

you mean retarded-baby-raptor-reaching-for-the-tree-branch hook?

boston.balla
12-11-2009, 07:17 AM
your facts are wrong

LMAO! :lmao

Regarding the entire thread. Dwight WILL NEVER HAVE a great/good post game. His hands are like his biceps in terms of finesse .. a big zero. He is strong as an ox and that's about that.

What he might do if he were smart is to develop some footwork. That is what he could improve and it would make him really dangerous.

Regarding hooks, jumpers, fts and other non-layup/dunk stuff we can close the discussion now because he does not posses the physical material(=good hands) for them.

KidCongo
12-11-2009, 07:20 AM

It hurt when he hit them against Z.

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Anytime Carlos Boozer looks bored guarding you and its not because he's just waiting to get back on offense, you've got a problem.

FTW :toast

boston.balla
12-11-2009, 07:24 AM
It hurt when he hit them against Z.

he hit jack shit man ... those were like 10% of his shots and he released them by punking Z every time and just moving trough him for a weird looking layup that you call hook/babyhook, 'cause dwight has NO hook/babyhook. Look at the mechanics, he just bulldozes through the defender and then goes for something between a hook and a layup (which is more of a layup)

picc84
12-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Dwight is one guy who could've used some Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Maybe we'll trade for him to give him the proper training. I heard DJ likes the Orlando area.