PDA

View Full Version : vince carter and rasheed wallace

anonoftheinternets
12-11-2009, 01:28 AM
I am so glad we dint get either of these jokers. Vince 8-22, took numerous three pointers when orlando was up against Jazz, all bricking. Then refused to drive the lanes, and kept missing layups arguing for fouls instead of getting back on defense. Pretty much same complaint with rasheed, so much so that doc rivers even asked sheed to tone down the three.

If our biggest complaint is that the spurs are a jump shooting team, im so happy we have RJ and McDyess instead. Atleast they are not prima donnas. :bang

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Vince is a lot better than RJ and he would have fit here better..the difference was that we would have had to give up Mason's expiring contract AND Hill + some of the others, and probably picks..

Leetonidas
12-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Eff em

UnWantedTheory
12-11-2009, 02:09 AM
I am firmly against the belief that VC would fit here.

duhoh
12-11-2009, 04:08 AM
VC would've been nice, but not for GH

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 04:29 AM
And you know what, most of VC's shots were open, and he legitimately got fouled. Please watch what you like. It is not as if Dwight was doing squat on offense to help VC or Lewis either.

Johnny RIngo
12-11-2009, 05:13 AM
I am so glad we dint get either of these jokers. Vince 8-22, took numerous three pointers when orlando was up against Jazz, all bricking. Then refused to drive the lanes, and kept missing layups arguing for fouls instead of getting back on defense. Pretty much same complaint with rasheed, so much so that doc rivers even asked sheed to tone down the three.

If our biggest complaint is that the spurs are a jump shooting team, im so happy we have RJ and McDyess instead.

Actually, an explosive perimeter threat would be more useful to our starting lineup than a slasher. Jefferson's inability to shoot the three-ball, consistently, hurts our core(Duncan and TP). This wouldn't be a problem if Parker could shoot from three-point range, but seeing as he can't, we basically have two slashers at the PG and SF positions. The opposing teams can give us fits by sagging off TP/RJ and dare them to take jump shots. A player like Carter would make them pay for leaving him open.

Also, Parker seems to have a hard time playing with RJ due to his average playmaking skills. As a result, RJ is playing like a glorified version of Michael Finley. If the Spurs envisioned Jefferson to be the team's Manu insurance than they chose the wrong player because VC's game is much more similar to Manu's.

In the end, it doesn't matter because Carter was too pricey for the Spurs and Jefferson was the safer/cheaper option. Just don't bullshit me and tell me you'd rather have RJ over Carter if both were available for the same price.

Atleast they are not prima donnas. :bang

RJ may not be a prima donna but he has all the emotional baggage of one after what happened in the summer with his marriage.

ffadicted
12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Sheed - Agreed completely
Vince - Agree to some extent

JR3
12-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Some still say the spurs are old.... but if we had sheed, we would be old and fat.

picc84
12-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Hill and Mason are low to moderate impact players that play low minutes. VC is a high impact player that plays big minutes. That trade would have been definitely worth it and i'm glad it didnt happen.

Ditty
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Hill and Mason are low to moderate impact players that play low minutes. VC is a high impact player that plays big minutes. That trade would have been definitely worth it and i'm glad it didnt happen.

okay a hill is better then dumbo and mason is a better shooter than vujabitch :lol

vince carter is bad defender espically help defender i noticed and a jumpshooter like we saw last night in utah the only good thing about vince is that he can get to the free throw line and is a better free throw shooter than richard but i still rather have richard who dosent jack up 3 pointers and has a better outside shot

sheed same thing he got real fat...and sheed would of done the same bonner would do and thats to stretch the floor and jack up 3's... bonner been playing pretty good this year and bonner is probably one of the best shooters in the league and mcdyess has the better character and been knocking down those outside shots pretty well and played pretty good defense but may need a few more games to adapt a little more

Johnny RIngo
12-11-2009, 03:48 PM
okay a hill is better then dumbo and mason is a better shooter than vujabitch :lol

vince carter is bad defender espically help defender i noticed and a jumpshooter like we saw last night in utah the only good thing about vince is that he can get to the free throw line and is a better free throw shooter than richard but i still rather have richard who dosent jack up 3 pointers and has a better outside shot

:lol

RJ has NEVER been a better player than VC. Carter's an 8-time all-star while Jefferson is a borderline star in the league. I can't honestly believe that ANYONE would rather have RJ if they were the same price.

anonoftheinternets
12-11-2009, 04:16 PM

RJ has NEVER been a better player than VC. Carter's an 8-time all-star while Jefferson is a borderline star in the league. I can't honestly believe that ANYONE would rather have RJ if they were the same price.

AI is 1000x times better player than RJ his entire career. I can't honestly beleive ANYONE would rather have RJ if they were the same price.

players like VC, TMAC, AI all need the ball a LOT. They dont know how else to play. When they were younger, they had swag, confidence, and athletism which allowed them to take and live with bad shots. Like take a loooong three, and then make up for it, with good drives and ridiculous athletism coz they were jus that damn good. Not anymore, which leaves them as a shell/shadow of their former glory, and only their extravagant past in exchange for their moderate present.

We dont need 40% volume shooters. We have Td > 50%, parker > 50% and manu who is a more conservative form of the said "talented shooting guard". Why do you think pop doesnt run plays for RJ? why run plays for a 4th superstar when the team is build around 3 already? esp when the 4th is a 40% fg option? Its better he finds his way around the big three, driving, post up, and slashing for dunks rather than dedicate plays to him.

If RJ was truly supposed to be one of the big options, they would have replaced manu with him rather than keep both.

exstatic
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM

When everyone is healthy, RJ is a better option. There is NO FUCKING WAY that VC comes here and is happy as option number 4.

As for being an All Star, it doesn't mean as much as it used to. Fans continually voting in an injured McGrady year after year have seen to that.

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
When everyone is healthy, RJ is a better option. There is NO FUCKING WAY that VC comes here and is happy as option number 4.

As for being an All Star, it doesn't mean as much as it used to. Fans continually voting in an injured McGrady year after year have seen to that.
If VC was here, he would be option number 2 behind Timmy. That is a fact.

exstatic
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM

And that would cause conflict with long time Spurs and All Stars Tony and Manu, guys who WILL play defense.

VC is an elite scorer, but he needs the ball a LOT, and the rest of his game is nothing special. His defense is abominable.

The Spurs needed someone who would fit in, not someone who needs a new offense built around him.

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
And that would cause conflict with long time Spurs and All Stars Tony and Manu, guys who WILL play defense.

VC is an elite scorer, but he needs the ball a LOT, and the rest of his game is nothing special. His defense is abominable.

The Spurs needed someone who would fit in, not someone who needs a new offense built around him.
I don't see the Orlando Magic changing their system for VC. What baggage does Carter have since his Raptor days? He didn't bitch on the sucky Nets, in fact Kidd bitched his way out of the Nets. And Carter would fit in more than Jefferson because of his range and ability to make other players look better.

murpjf88
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Vince is a lot better than RJ and he would have fit here better..the difference was that we would have had to give up Mason's expiring contract AND Hill + some of the others, and probably picks..
Are you fuckin' kidding, nobody's better than RJ. You should know that by now.

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Assuming both RJ and VC came at the same offer for the Spurs, will the Spurs want VC or RJ? Please truthfully answer this.

murpjf88
12-11-2009, 08:34 PM
assuming both rj and vc came at the same offer for the spurs, will the spurs want vc or rj? Please truthfully answer this.

vc

Nathan Explosion
12-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Vince's talent would fit the Spurs very well. I don't think anyone can argue that. Vince the player is a great unknown because we've never seen him on a GREAT team. If the price were equal, the Spurs would take Vince.

He was their first target after all.

all_heart
12-12-2009, 04:42 PM

If our biggest complaint is that the spurs are a jump shooting team, im so happy we have RJ and McDyess instead. Atleast they are not prima donnas. :bang

You are basing this on 1 or 2 games of these guys??!:bang
They are all good players, but it's a matter of fitting in and contributing to our team. But we'll never know how VC or Wallace would have impacted our team.. so screw it!

iggypop123
12-12-2009, 04:44 PM
VC cant play sf, and sheed would have been a good fit defensively cause you guys have a bunch of 6'9 guys trying to defend centers. dice is a nice player but he got old fast

z0sa
12-12-2009, 04:53 PM

I honestly don't see how anyone can blind themselves to these self-evident facts ...

We needed a guy who could come in and NOT rock the boat, essentially, but fit right in and yet still bring the scoring, athleticism and D we needed.

If one sits down and really starts pondering the relationships and attitudes, about player and coach personalities, shit the entire Franchise and who it encompasses, it becomes apparent why the Spurs did what they did - and why it was a good move, a BETTER move, than trading for Vince.

And one can't forget the facts when doing all that pondering: we gave up neither Hill nor Mason for RJ (are there actually Finley luvas you really want him over Mason?), AND it's 33/34 year old VC we'd be going with right now ... a VC well known for various antics and 4 years RJ's senior. And his previous actions include the ultimate anti-Spur action: Not Trying.

I find RJ to fit rather like a glove compared with VC, though there is no way to be sure.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM

:lmao I don't know why you continuously state pure conjecture as a fact. This is a ridiculous statement.

Timmy and Tony are about equal as the "number one" option. That means, there's a number 3 option, which is normally reserved for Manu. For you to state that it's a fact that he'd be the number two option is sloppy forecasting because, as we've seen already, Tony has the ball most of the time. VC would not be "option number 2" behind Timmy. That is conjecture.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
:lmao I don't know why you continuously state pure conjecture as a fact. This is a ridiculous statement.

Timmy and Tony are about equal as the "number one" option. That means, there's a number 3 option, which is normally reserved for Manu. For you to state that it's a fact that he'd be the number two option is sloppy forecasting because, as we've seen already, Tony has the ball most of the time. VC would not be "option number 2" behind Timmy. That is conjecture.
Ya, because Jameer Nelson has been the 2nd option behind Dwight Howard because he had the ball more when he is healthy......

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Orlando = Spurs?

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Orlando = Spurs?
We have a big man like Tim, they have Dwight, both anchors of the team offense. Vince Carter is even the number 1 option there. SVG said it as much, VC is their go-to guy at age 33, that was before Nelson's injury. To say he could not have been the number 2 option on the Spurs or does not have the capability to is wrong.

murpjf88
12-12-2009, 08:52 PM
personally, I don't think their would be a 2nd option if VC were here. Between Parker and VC, It would come down to ever had the ball in his hands is going to shoot it.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
personally, I don't think their would be a 2nd option if VC were here. Between Parker and VC, It would come down to ever had the ball in his hands is going to shoot it.

exactly my point. I only argue with Chieflion because he states things that he has no way of knowing whether they're true or not as fact. Fine, Chief, that's the way it works in Orlando. San Antonio is not Orlando. We run different schemes, we have different players. Tim Duncan is not Dwight Howard and SVG is not Pop. I almost believe that you are so egotistical that you will never admit you're wrong, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.

If Vince Carter were in San Antonio, he'd definitely have already been shot in the face at a strip club. That is a fact.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 09:07 PM
exactly my point. I only argue with Chieflion because he states things that he has no way of knowing whether they're true or not as fact. Fine, Chief, that's the way it works in Orlando. San Antonio is not Orlando. We run different schemes, we have different players. Tim Duncan is not Dwight Howard and SVG is not Pop. I almost believe that you are so egotistical that you will never admit you're wrong, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.

If Vince Carter were in San Antonio, he'd definitely have already been shot in the face at a strip club. That is a fact.
Fail. Cause the last time VC had baggage with him was in Toronto, where the media only fed half the story. The fans decided to quit on Vince Carter and the Raptors first.

First of all, basketball is not as complicated as you think. Both teams have good shooters surrounding their bigs, both teams shoot many threes. They have an all-star point guard, we have an all-star point guard, granted Nelson is a mid-range scorer while Parker is a penetrator. Do you still think Vince Carter would be taking a backseat to Tony Parker? Parker has changed his game for Jefferson. To say Carter would not have been 2nd option on a team where Parker, who is willing to get Jefferson more shots, who is lesser of an offensive player like VC is total crap. Despite Carter's "baggage", he would definitely be the 2nd option behind Duncan and the Spurs would have had a go-to guy who can take the clutch shots in the 4th. Ya, but keep hating cause VC bitched about leaving Toronto when it was apparent it was time to part ways for the Bosh era.

murpjf88
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM

GTFO with that weak shit!!! No, I need not admit anything. I would very much rather have VC over RJ any day of the week. If pop is so sick of ball hogs in SA, Parker would of been canned a long time ago.

Vince Carter

Season1931.6130-316.41138-108.35272-85.8470.54.44.8.68.421.582.743.019.5

RJ

Season2033.196-210.45720-55.36459-87.6780.73.74.3.80.251.852.252.713.6

The proof is in the pudding. I would much rather have a player on my team that wants to take charge and lead an offense rather than a guy who stands around waiting for the offense to come to him.

Just because he is a shoot first, pass second player for the magic does NOT mean he will be the same type of player in San Antonio. It's great to have a bunch of ball distributers on a team. Tell me, what would you classify Tony? Or doesn't he count.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Fail. Cause the last time VC had baggage with him was in Toronto, where the media only fed half the story. The fans decided to quit on Vince Carter and the Raptors first.

First of all, basketball is not as complicated as you think. Both teams have good shooters surrounding their bigs, both teams shoot many threes. They have an all-star point guard, we have an all-star point guard, granted Nelson is a mid-range scorer while Parker is a penetrator. Do you still think Vince Carter would be taking a backseat to Tony Parker? Parker has changed his game for Jefferson. To say Carter would not have been 2nd option on a team where Parker, who is willing to get Jefferson more shots, who is lesser of an offensive player like VC is total crap. Despite Carter's "baggage", he would definitely be the 2nd option behind Duncan and the Spurs would have had a go-to guy who can take the clutch shots in the 4th. Ya, but keep hating cause VC bitched about leaving Toronto when it was apparent it was time to part ways for the Bosh era.

dude, wtf are you talking about? You can say FAIL all you want, but my last statement was aimed at pointing out to you how stupid it is to make up "facts". Who the hell even mentioned Toronto? You're insane.

How about this one: If VC had come here, he would have been hit by a falling pecan and fallen into the Riverwalk during a winter boat ride. After being fished out, VC would have come down with pneumonia and would be bed-ridden for 3 months, coming back to the team in February with legs that have atrophied from lack of use. With his now incredibly skinny legs, he would have banged knees with Tim Duncan's knee brace and shattered his femur, requiring 6 screws and a metal plate. His career would be over. Fact.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
dude, wtf are you talking about? You can say FAIL all you want, but my last statement was aimed at pointing out to you how stupid it is to make up "facts". Who the hell even mentioned Toronto? You're insane.

How about this one: If VC had come here, he would have been hit by a falling pecan and fallen into the Riverwalk during a winter boat ride. After being fished out, VC would have come down with pneumonia and would be bed-ridden for 3 months, coming back to the team in February with legs that have atrophied from lack of use. With his now incredibly skinny legs, he would have banged knees with Tim Duncan's knee brace and shattered his femur, requiring 6 screws and a metal plate. His career would be over. Fact.
Making up facts? This season further contributes to the fact VC is still playing all-star calibre ball even on a championship calibre team and capable of 2nd option on the Spurs. You got this season as proof, but keep on hating on VC.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
GTFO with that weak shit!!! No, I need not admit anything. I would very much rather have VC over RJ any day of the week. If pop is so sick of ball hogs in SA, Parker would of been canned a long time ago. If it ever came

Vince Carter

Season1931.6130-316.41138-108.35272-85.8470.54.44.8.68.421.582.743.019.5

RJ

Season2033.196-210.45720-55.36459-87.6780.73.74.3.80.251.852.252.713.6

The proof is in the pudding. I would much rather have a player on my team that wants to take charge and lead an offense rather than a guy who stands around waiting for the offense to come to him.

Just because he is a shoot first, pass second player for the magic does NOT mean he will be the same type of player in San Antonio. It's great to have a bunch of ball distributers on a team. Tell me, what would you classify Tony? Or doesn't he count.
:lmao I wasn't even talking about you. I agreed with you and talked about Chieflion. What the hell is going on in here? By the way, defend VC because he's so amazing and he's going to take charge and blah blah blah. Whatever, my point is: Neither of you can definitively say that this or that would happen because it DID NOT HAPPEN. Therefore, everything you say is supposition and has no relevancy.

Also, If Corey Maggette had been here, he would have been the 2nd option behind Tim Duncan. Fact.

In addition, I have no idea what those stats are. And we already have "a player on my team that wants to take charge and lead an offense". His name is Tony Parker. His name is Tony Parker. His name is Tony Parker. His name is Tony Parker.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Making up facts? This season further contributes to the fact VC is still playing all-star calibre ball even on a championship calibre team and capable of 2nd option on the Spurs. You got this season as proof, but keep on hating on VC.

I don't hate VC. What makes you say that? Do you actually understand what a fact is? My qualm is that you, and you do this often by the way, create something that while YOU think is a fact, is, in fact, NOT.

For instance: Interrohater says that if the Spurs had been able to trade for Emeka Okafor, they would rank number one in the league in interior defense. While it sounds plausible, I can't state that as a fact because it is solely conjecture. I have no idea how Tim and Emeka would mesh as a frontcourt, I have no idea if Emeka would be able to get the system down, maybe he'd get replaced by Marcus Haislip. Who the hell knows? My point is that you have no idea, so how can you state it as fact?

murpjf88
12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
:lmao I wasn't even talking about you. I agreed with you and talked about Chieflion. What the hell is going on in here? By the way, defend VC because he's so amazing and he's going to take charge and blah blah blah. Whatever, my point is: Neither of you can definitively say that this or that would happen because it DID NOT HAPPEN. Therefore, everything you say is supposition and has no relevancy.

Also, If Corey Maggette had been here, he would have been the 2nd option behind Tim Duncan. Fact.

In addition, I have no idea what those stats are. And we already have "a player on my team that wants to take charge and lead an offense". His name is Tony Parker. His name is Tony Parker. His name is Tony Parker. His name is Tony Parker.

My bad, I saw this at the end of your post and thought it was meant for me. "I almost believe that you are so egotistical that you will never admit you're wrong, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.":bang

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 09:52 PM
My bad, I saw this at the end of your post and thought it was meant for me. "I almost believe that you are so egotistical that you will never admit you're wrong, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.":bang

:lol it's cool :toast

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Corey Maggette and Vince Carter are two completely different players. It is useless trying to make ludicrous statements which have nothing to do with basketball made by you in the 1st place anyway. What, VC into the riverwalk? You are just reaching here. Can't you accept the fact that Vince Carter is a better player than RJ and Tony Parker? If you want to think Parker > Vince as a scorer, go ahead, but at least make a substantial point and stop bitching. Watch the games, and you will understand. VC draws more fouls, and is a better all-around scorer when compared to Parker. Therefore, it is plausible that he would be the 2nd option behind Duncan on the Spurs.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Corey Maggette and Vince Carter are two completely different players. It is useless trying to make ludicrous statements which have nothing to do with basketball made by you in the 1st place anyway. What, VC into the riverwalk? You are just reaching here. Can't you accept the fact that Vince Carter is a better player than RJ and Tony Parker? If you want to think Parker > Vince as a scorer, go ahead, but at least make a substantial point and stop bitching.

Hahaha, you see? That's my whole point there. Now you're accusing me of the same thing that you've done by stating that VC would be the 2nd option as a fact. Yes, VC is a better player than RJ, did I ever say any different? Everything I've written on here had nothing to do with RJ.

You know what homie? I really think that what I'm saying has gone way over your head. Even things I say sarcastically you are taking seriously.

Either way, RJ is here, VC is not. I win.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Therefore, it is plausible that he would be the 2nd option behind Duncan on the Spurs.

There. You fixed it. Plausible. Not fact.

Celebration time.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Hahaha, you see? That's my whole point there. Now you're accusing me of the same thing that you've done by stating that VC would be the 2nd option as a fact. Yes, VC is a better player than RJ, did I ever say any different? Everything I've written on here had nothing to do with RJ.

You know what homie? I really think that what I'm saying has gone way over your head. Even things I say sarcastically you are taking seriously.

Either way, RJ is here, VC is not. I win.
Because those things have nothing to do with basketball. If you want to make a basketball argument, talk basketball. Once again, RJ did not fit as well as some of you defending him here think he would. If you drag out VC as a player on the Spurs, you would have to talk about RJ because you can't have both, and the Spurs picked Jefferson. OP stated VC and Sheed were junk (bullshit). VC would be the 2nd option on the Spurs because he is the better scorer when compared to Parker, true. And therefore, he would be 2nd option. But you can continue spouting nonsense if you like.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Nonsense.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Nonsense.
Cool. You just made a worthless post and upped your post count.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Cool. You just made a worthless post and upped your post count.

:lol Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You're a piece of work homie. Again, the ego is amazing. You won't let it go, you absolutely must have the last post. I know you'll post immediately after this, proving me right. Again.