PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McHale: We'd Lay LeBron's Ass Out For Dancing!!!

F_U_Buddy
12-11-2009, 08:19 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63336/20091210/mchale_reveals_how_old_celtics_would_treat_lebrons _dancing/

Joakim Noah didn't appreciate LeBron James' dancing last week and it is unlikely last year's MVP would get away with doing that 20 years ago. "If a guy was doing the Riverdance like that, coach would come over and say, 'Who's got the fewest amount of fouls of my big fellas?' " said ex-Celtic and TNT analyst Kevin McHale. "If you raised your hand, he would say, 'We will let him drive and then we will throw him on the ground.'
"When he is laying there we would say, 'Do you feel like dancing now?'
"And that pretty much solved the dancing problem."

Culburn369
12-11-2009, 08:22 AM
McHale? He's the guy who shit where he ate, cheated and lost all those draft choices, ruining an NBA franchise. He's better than that Donagey ref guy, maybe.

O.J Mayo
12-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Yours truly with Marc and Mike stopped his dancing ass.

TheMACHINE
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Mchale would have busted a "Rambis".

O.J Mayo
12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
It is still on the jury whether I hate McHale or not. He ruined a dynasty with me and Al Jefferson. Now I get stuck with Rudy Gay.

Reeko_Htown
12-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Just shut up and win games...

how can you run a triangle offense without a good SG anyways.

ffadicted
12-11-2009, 11:17 AM
so I was right again on another issue. and you guys are always weeks or months late on every issue. the corect thing to do is kick his ass but noah missed the golden opportunity

I honestly believe Lebron would destroy noah if he had an open path to the basket on purpose and noah tried to put him on his ass

The Franchise
12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
He's absolutely right. You weren't allowed to get away with such bufoonery without paying the price. Show some respect or else!!

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Just shut up and win games...

how can you run a triangle offense without a good SG anyways.
Know some facts, McHale is not associated with the Wolves anymore.

SenorSpur
12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
He's absolutely right. You weren't allowed to get away with such bufoonery without paying the price. Show some respect or else!!

Agreed.

I like LBJ's skills and all, but if someone or some team physically took him down a peg or two, I'd be okay with that.

duncan228
12-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Roundtable: LeBron's antics (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/12/15/roundtable/index.html)
SI.com

LeBron James has taken some heat lately for his dancing after baskets and during timeouts, something he's done over the last couple of seasons. What do you make of his antics?

Ian Thomsen: There are bigger things to worry about. I can see where some might not like it, but I don't care.

Jack McCallum: We've passed the tipping point on this issue. Of course, dancing is bush league, sophomoric and insulting to opponents, just like dancing and otherwise cavorting in the football end zone. But, sadly, James, like hundreds of others his age, doesn't realize it. He has grown up in a sporting culture that celebrates celebrations, the hey-look-at-me generation. So when someone challenges them, as Chicago's Joakim Noah did last week, James can essentially take the high road because he honestly doesn't know any better. But I'm starting to sound like some old guy on a soapbox, so I'll step down.

Chris Mannix: I've talked to a few players who, while praising LeBron's game, have, in the same breath, grumbled about his sometimes childish antics. I've also heard the same complaints about Kevin Garnett. It's a little obnoxious, but I don't think whining about it is the answer. If opposing players don't want LeBron to dance, don't give him reason to. You won't see him doing a jig if he's losing. And if someone, like the 6-foot-11 Noah -- whose complaints are the reason we're talking about this right now -- wants to send a message, put him on his butt next time he takes it to the lane. Old-school plays like that are how the Charles Oakleys and Rick Mahorns and Bill Laimbeers of the '80s and '90s made a living.

Arash Markazi: It's getting a little old at this point. It would be one thing if James were a rookie or in his first couple of years in the league. But he's the MVP and is trying to win a championship (or at least a Finals game). He's acting like a kid who's never had a highlight-reel play in the NBA before. I know he wants to give off the perception that he's a fun-loving teammate, enjoying every second of the game, but it comes off the wrong way when he's essentially taunting the opposition. He should leave that stuff to the Chad Ochocincos of the world and let his actions on the court do the talking.

lefty
12-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I have to agree MacHale