PDA

View Full Version : How many Parker-Jefferson Alley opps do you think you'll see tonight?

Purch
12-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Hopefully they're getting on the same page and we'll see some Parker -Jefferson fast break allys tonight

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
As far as I am concerned, 0 is probably the safest choice.

xellos88330
12-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think we will see any. Through these 19 games I have only seen 2 oop attempts to RJ. One successful and one not.

kace
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM

if a future vBookie is : "who will be the first jerk to post in a TP related thread to bash him ?", you're my safe bet to make easy money.

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 09:52 AM
if a future vBookie is : "who will be the first jerk to post in a TP related thread to bash him ?", you're my safe bet to make easy money.
Whatever, I am not going to bash TP when he is playing well. Parker homers are just not worth talking to. You guys lose all your objectiveness. 1 alley oop in 19 games suggest that there is only about 10% chance there will be an alley-oop in a Spurs game. I am just going with the safe choice. Homers never learn. Everybody is saying it is a high chance it is 0. So, I am a Parker basher. Then you are just a sad Parker homer. Just calling it the way it is. I don't see why giving an unpopular opinion makes me a Parker basher.

Bender
12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Parker has never been a very good A.O. passer has he? Hopefully we'll see one again tonight though.

Pauleta14
12-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Whatever, I am not going to bash TP when he is playing well. Parker homers are just not worth talking to. You guys lose all your objectiveness. 1 alley oop in 19 games suggest that there is only about 10% chance there will be an alley-oop in a Spurs game. I am just going with the safe choice. Homers never learn.

1 on 19 suggest less than 5%... :wakeup
how old are you? :lol

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Just giving the guy an update, in case Parker and Jefferson connect tonight. That makes 10%. If it is not, 1 on 19 is more than 5%. How old are you? Don't correct me if your Math suck as well. 2/20 is 10%. Just saying. It is highly unlikely there will be another connection but I was also hoping there would be. Parker homers......

kace
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Whatever, I am not going to bash TP when he is playing well. Parker homers are just not worth talking to. You guys lose all your objectiveness. 1 alley oop in 19 games suggest that there is only about 10% chance there will be an alley-oop in a Spurs game. I am just going with the safe choice. Homers never learn.

i don't give a fuck about TP's alley oop.

i just find it lame that you're always amongst the first ones to post in thread about him to bash him. get a life.

Texas_Ranger
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
i don't give a fuck about TP's alley oop.

i just find it lame that you're always amongst the first ones to post in thread about him to bash him. get a life.
Again, if you disagree with my own personal opinion, that is fine, homer. Just don't call me a Parker basher. Do you even have conclusive evidence that I bash Parker for no reason at all? Homers these days..... You know what is the best part about it? The only people calling me out about this is just a bunch of Parker homers, like you. To add on, I was just answering the question made by the thread title? And it is a Parker hate post when statistically, it is about correct.

Parker is going to throw successful alley oops to RJ 10 times against the Bobcats. You happy now?

Everyone thinks it is 0, and you came here just to call me a Parker basher? Go get a life.

LOL@MavsFan
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
:toast

DaBears
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Parker pass the ball! come on guys that was a one time deal, Parker doesnt pass the ball enough or well enough to think that we would see it happen again.

i say we might only see it a total of 5 times all season, from any player on the spurs roster.. You might get a chance to see it if you can make it to the Spurs practice facility.

mathbzh
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Parker has never been a very good A.O. passer has he? Hopefully we'll see one again tonight though.

He is not.
But when he is surrounded with some athletic players he can find them.
With the french team he likes throwing A.O. to the Pietrus/Turiaf/Batum...

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
He is not.
But when he is surrounded with some athletic players he can find them.
With the french team he likes throwing A.O. to the Pietrus/Turiaf/Batum...
I would love to have these guys on the Spurs. Pietrus is a nice player who plays both ends of the court, Turiaf provides some blocks and Batum plays some defense, although he is injured now.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Only stat that means anything to me is a win or loss...Spurs aren't really a flashy team..and we've won 4 rings that way...I'm ok with it.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Only stat that means anything to me is a win or loss...Spurs aren't really a flashy team..and we've won 4 rings that way...I'm ok with it.

Who is we? Are you on the team?

Oh and send me a picture of the rings you have won.

portnoy1
12-11-2009, 10:50 AM
their are parker haters/homers here. the average spurs fan would be a parker homer. However the educated basketball fan would naturally be labeled a parker hater cause they will call him out for his lack of court vision. I'm labeled a Parker-hater cause i suggested we trade him or find other players that will play better with him. Most only look at the first suggestion and thus label me a TP-hater. However recently I been complimenting him cause he did a good job getting everyone involved. Then I am called a bandwagoner for complimenting him by the TP homers when he plays well. Here in spurstalk their are guys who look at both the pros and cons of a player. And the rest are just ignorant homers/haters. More homers than haters though.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
their are parker haters/homers here. the average spurs fan would be a parker homer. However the educated basketball fan would naturally be labeled a parker hater cause they will call him out for his lack of court vision. I'm labeled a Parker-hater cause i suggested we trade him or find other players that will play better with him. Most only look at the first suggestion and thus label me a TP-hater. However recently I been complimenting him cause he did a good job getting everyone involved. Then I am called a bandwagoner for complimenting him by the TP homers when he plays well. Here in spurstalk their are guys who look at both the pros and cons of a player. And the rest are just ignorant homers/haters. More homers than haters though.

I'm a Parker hater as well. We should go to a park and hold hands.

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't bring logic into this. We are all Parker haters, so we are labelled bad fans by posters like kace.

portnoy1
12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't bring logic into this. We are all Parker haters, so we are labelled bad fans by posters like kace.
ahhh, so what your saying is that if TP goes 0-10fg tonight with 2 ast and 7to's; and we say he didnt play well, then were Parker haters?

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
ahhh, so what your saying is that if TP goes 0-10fg tonight with 2 ast and 7to's; and we say he didnt play well, then were Parker haters?
Yes we are.

kace
12-11-2009, 12:34 PM
this thread is just insane.

We're talking about how many alley oops a specific player, our PG, will throw to another specific one in a specific game.

logically, the answer is 0 or close to it, since there aren't too many alley oops in a game, especially between two specific players.

i only think about last years with CP3 to Chandler where you could bet safely that you will see several alley oops between two specific players.

and still, this incredibly stupid and meaningless stat is turned into a bashing way against TP, like "he will have 0 or maybe 1, as bad of a playmaker he is".

that's just laughable.

next thread: How many between-the-legs left-handed blind assist for a Haislip's buzzer beater game winner shot will TP have this game ?

Chomag
12-11-2009, 12:52 PM

This.

Of course it would be nice to be proven wrong on this one. We freaking beat the Kings people that doesnt make a team an Elite all of a sudden. So awesome to get a win on them though.

bobby4germany
12-11-2009, 01:14 PM
The title of this thread should have been: "FAIL"!!!

urunobili
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
1 per game...

z0sa
12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
As many as Parker sees and RJ is open for

SpursFanATL
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I think we will see .0526 alley-oops tonight.

rascal
12-11-2009, 02:43 PM

The spurs need to add some flash to their game now. They have the players to do it this year. Pop needs to take the reigns off a bit on the structured offense.

DaBears
12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
OK here it is stat for thought...... Tony Parker in his career in the NBA playing along side TIM DUCNAN has thrown a total of 24 alley-opps to any player on spurs roster.. And i will include his stint as an all-star...... There are Pg's in the league that have thrown that many in 1 season to numerous players..... Just a side note here i do not ever question the players talent (meaning Tony Parker) just basketball decision making... I have always choosen pass-first pg's over shoot first mentality PG's... Parker is a good guard but needs to improve in acouple areas before i can call him a great point gaurd..

Sisk
12-11-2009, 02:57 PM

i was confused too.. haha

ducks
12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
how many times will manu bounce the ball between another players legs tonight ?

Brazil
12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I would love to have these guys on the Spurs. Pietrus is a nice player who plays both ends of the court, Turiaf provides some blocks and Batum plays some defense, although he is injured now.

Pietrus and Batum would be great, not sure about ronny he is a good guy but I don't think he will ever understand the pop playbook.

I like hill a lot but portland screwed us badly on batum. He is going to be a very good bb player. I think he has more upside than hill.

Brazil
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
OK here it is stat for thought...... Tony Parker in his career in the NBA playing along side TIM DUCNAN has thrown a total of 24 alley-opps to any player on spurs roster.. And i will include his stint as an all-star...... There are Pg's in the league that have thrown that many in 1 season to numerous players..... Just a side note here i do not ever question the players talent (meaning Tony Parker) just basketball decision making... I have always choosen pass-first pg's over shoot first mentality PG's... Parker is a good guard but needs to improve in acouple areas before i can call him a great point gaurd..

go root for the suns or something

Purch
12-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Guy last game was the first time Parker and Jefferson both had good games together. And we saw the first Parker to Jefferson Ally of the season. If now these games are agienst bad teams don't you think the chemistry should continue to build and you see at least 2 allys tonight

Indazone
12-12-2009, 02:31 PM
How about how many times Parker forces his dribble into the lane causing a turnover while Jefferson is wide open on the three point line?

aksyunstar
12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Who is we? Are you on the team?

Oh and send me a picture of the rings you have won.
AFAIK, as long as you support the Spurs YOU are part of the team.
ask David Robinson.:flag:

Spursfan092120
12-12-2009, 04:10 PM
The spurs need to add some flash to their game now. They have the players to do it this year. Pop needs to take the reigns off a bit on the structured offense.
If flash gave you extra points, I'd be down for it, but a wide open layup scores as many points as a dunk, and I'm ok with that.

z0sa
12-12-2009, 04:15 PM

I guess it is possible one could have missed all the articles/discussion about Pop and his staff tearing huge swaths of pages from the playbook.

ThaiFanofSpurs
12-13-2009, 05:44 AM
I don't care much about alley-oops. I am just happy that Parker is setting his new goal to be a great passing PG. If it is really true that Pop has said it before that TP is a very competitive person, and I believe he will finally successfully reach his goal. When that happens, TP is going to be a very dangerous PG in the league. Hopefully, till then, he will still stay with the Spurs. Just a thought.