PDA

View Full Version : And it's Baby # 19 for those freaks from Arkansas

desflood
12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Michelle Duggar gave birth to baby #19 last night after the reality star was rushed to the operating room for an emergency.

TMZ spoke with a rep from TLC who told us, "Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency c-section."

At 6:27 PM, Michelle and Jim Bob welcomed their new daughter, Josie Brooklyn ... who weighed in at 1lb., 6 oz.

We're told Michelle is resting comfortably and the baby is "stable" -- although she's in the neonatal intensive-care unit at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

The rep added, "The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."

I joke, but seriously - here's wishing the baby well. She's very small and has a tough road ahead.

I. Hustle
12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Damn 1 pound?! Our baby is already a little over a pound and my wife is barely 5 months.

I wouldn't be able to stop at 19 though. If I couldn't hit 20 it annoy the hell out of me.

to21
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Shouldn't this ladies uterus fallen out already?

easjer
12-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Placental abruption? Uterine rupture? Always a risk with a grand-multi-para with a previous history of c-section.

They aren't my favorite people in the world, but a) they do take care of their own kids on their own, so props for that and b) premature birth like that is scary and it's hard on everyone in a family and even today not all babies survive. She sounds like a micro-preemie, bless her heart.

Gabriel weighed 12 oz when he was born at 21 weeks. How far along was Michelle? I didn't see.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/655/hotdoghallway.gif

mrsmaalox
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope the baby does okay. And I seriously hope the parents don't decide they need to do this ever again.

BTW my daughter was born at 28 weeks weighing 1lb. 15oz. She's a perfectly normal 13 yr old now without any residual effects. Unless of course, the smart mouth is a residual effect! :)

easjer
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Heh.

Apparently, she was 25 weeks. That is really early and on the edge of viability. Long odds on a fully healthy child, but I hope the baby pulls through. I just wonder how they can manage the NICU when going home is probably very much like going to an office with sooo many people and so many kids, germ wise. Never mind the logistics of NICU and home with so many young kids at home.

The one thing I can say about Gabriel's birth, as awful and traumatic as it was is that there is some relief (in distance) that we knew he would die quickly. We didn't have to hope against hope and weigh the odds of NICU issues and longterm problems because he was simply too early to be saved. Not that I wanted him to die, but if he had to, not wondering if he would was a very tiny blessing.

angel_luv
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Congrats to them on their latest blessing! I pray all the best for baby Josie. :)

Crookshanks
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I feel very sad for the family, but maybe this will be what it takes for them to finally put a stop to all these children. I just don't think a woman's system is made to give birth that many times.

easjer
12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
They are Quiverfull. They believe that they will have as many children as God wants them to have. They believe that if she's not meant to have more, then God will not give them more. So until her uterus really does fall out or something . . . I don't think they'll stop. They certainly won't take any active measures to stop, and at a guess, I tend to doubt they listen to a lot of medical advice about family planning.

tlongII
12-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Wackos.

ashbeeigh
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Oh my gosh. I hope Josie ends up being healthy. I hate to admit that I watch 18 and counting every once in a while (yes, trashy tv is my vice).

No matter how weird/obnoxious a mother is..their child deserves a healthy and happy life.

desflood
12-11-2009, 02:31 PM
They are Quiverfull. They believe that they will have as many children as God wants them to have. They believe that if she's not meant to have more, then God will not give them more. So until her uterus really does fall out or something . . . I don't think they'll stop. They certainly won't take any active measures to stop, and at a guess, I tend to doubt they listen to a lot of medical advice about family planning.
I think I read she is 42? She'll hit menopause in a few years - after the "Change of Life" baby.

easjer
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
One can only hope.

I don't want to be judgmental of them, because personal choices here, they aren't foisting their kids or the expenses of their children on other people, so on and so forth, but a lot about them kind of creeps me out. Definitely choices I wouldn't make or a life I would want to lead (which doesn't make it wrong of course).

All that aside, I know how hard it is to go home from the hospital without your baby, and I don't wish that on anyone.