PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck paid by Goldline

Soul_Patch
12-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Lol John Stewart is on point lately...this is too much

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/11/stewart-catches-glenn-bec_n_388362.html

With the value of gold on the rise, Jon Stewart was determined to get to the bottom of what may have caused the increase. The likely fanner of these flames: yep, Glenn Beck.

After noting that gold goes up when people are panicked or concerned, Stewart sat back and enjoyed the greatest hits from "Beck's hour-long nightly fear-cast." That alone wouldn't be enough to credit Beck for initiating this gold rush, but his role as spokesman for Goldline, an internet site where you buy gold, surely sealed the deal. Stewart recapped:

"Glenn Beck is paid by Goldline to drum up interest in gold, which increases value during times of fear; an emotion reinforced nightly on Fox by Glenn Beck."
Calling Beck's ethics into question, Stewart finished by stating, "You can't spell 'gold' without G-O-D."

Check the clip from the show on the link, good stuff.

spursncowboys
12-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe you should search recent threads.

DarrinS
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
A radio show uses advertising?

No way!

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
So I guess times square is quite an abomination to mr Stewart.

coyotes_geek
12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow. What a scandal. Next thing you know famous basketball players will start taking money from local supermarkets to try and persuade fans to shop there.

clambake
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
interesting that nobody cares about something being falsely inflated using fear.

coyotes_geek
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
interesting that nobody cares about something being falsely inflated using fear.

Nobody cares because it's not a big deal. You are only pretending to care here because it involves a source that you don't like.

clambake
12-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Nobody cares because it's not a big deal. You are only pretending to care here because it involves a source that you don't like.

i buy gold every week.

coyotes_geek
12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
i buy gold every week.

So?

clambake
12-11-2009, 12:11 PM

So?

quick fail.

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 12:15 PM
quick fail.

How so?

clambake
12-11-2009, 12:18 PM
How so?

he said it didn't matter to me because i just don't like the guy.

1. it does matter to me. i buy gold every week.

then he says "so"?

2. i never mentioned the guy (beck). i commented on the tactic. they use fear to promote their agenda.

some people never learn.

coyotes_geek
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
quick fail.

By "source", I was talking about Glen Beck, not the gold. You apparently have a problem with Beck using fear to promote something, but not anyone else. At least not that I've noticed.

EmptyMan
12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
With the value of gold on the rise, Jon Stewart was determined to get to the bottom of what may have caused the increase. The likely fanner of these flames: yep, Glenn Beck.
Are people seriously this fucking stupid? :bang

edit:

hhahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHA. Apparently, yes.

coyotes_geek
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
he said it didn't matter to me because i just don't like the guy.

1. it does matter to me. i buy gold every week.

then he says "so"?

2. i never mentioned the guy (beck). i commented on the tactic. they use fear to promote their agenda.

some people never learn.

Lot's of people use fear to promote an agenda. Any particular reason why you've waited until now to single out Glen Beck for using it?

EmptyMan
12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
What else has happened in the past year to make gold suddenly increase from what has otherwise never been a good "investment"....

hmmmm.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Beck getting promoted to faux news!!!!!! That must be it!!

hmmm

Was why China trying to buy all of the IMF's gold reserves in the last year???

hmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Asians must like to watch FAUX news. That must be it!!!!!

When you have become so partisan that you cannot even see common sense, you have lost at life.

clambake
12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Lot's of people use fear to promote an agenda. Any particular reason why you've waited until now to single out Glen Beck for using it?

i didn't wait until now.

any opposition to the empire is labeled "terrorist".

and i saw a guy at the UN that used a vile of baby powder and some cheap ass grade school animation to promote their agenda.

some people can't find comfort without fear.

MiamiHeat
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
lol

DarrinS
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jLajR43zL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

jack sommerset
12-11-2009, 03:16 PM
asPztu6C8qY