PDA

View Full Version : A trade suggestion that will definately put you guys back on top

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
fellas.... as a laker fan and a strong supporter of the laker vs spurs rivalry... I would suggest the following. IF it happens

trade mcdyss, ginobili and jefferson for expirings and fillers (i.e. tracy mcgrady) and go into the running for dwade next season. If you do land wade the spurs will have the best back court in the NBA. And thats something the lakers are lacking....

with a big 3 of wade, duncan, and parker.... you can build your forwards and centers around them easily.....

just a suggestion and if I was RC im sure this would have crossed my mind... duncan and pop are not going anywhere for the next 3 years

Spursfan092120
12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
fellas.... as a laker fan and a strong supporter of the laker vs spurs rivalry... I would suggest the following.

trade mcdyss, ginobili and jefferson for expirings and fillers (i.e. tracy mcgrady) and go into the running for dwade next season. If you do land wade the spurs will have the best back court in the NBA. And thats something the lakers are lacking....

with a big 3 of wade, duncan, and parker.... you can build your forwards and centers around them easily.....

just a suggestion and if I was RC im sure this would have crossed my mind... duncan and pop are not going anywhere for the next 3 years
:rolleyes

Thank God you're not RC

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
2 shoot-first SG in PG bodies and a near-mummified 4 would be a good core to build on? Duncan has been this team's spine since he arrived... but you can't build a guy who looks to have about 3 years left in the tank.

Dex
12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
We're not falling for this, Laker Fan.

spurspokesman
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
fellas.... as a laker fan and a strong supporter of the laker vs spurs rivalry... I would suggest the following.

I was thinking something of the gasol magnitude. How about mahinmi and haislip for bynum and kobe. Straight up. We can have pop and RC get your GM tipsy and have the contract right there for him to sign.:toastA toast to that one.:jekka:jekka

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
2 shoot-first SG in PG bodies and a near-mummified 4 would be a good core to build on? Duncan has been this team's spine since he arrived... but you can't build a guy who looks to have about 3 years left in the tank.

with wade and parker and duncan coming off in books in 2 years after this season another free agency of centers and forwards will be available....

marc gasol, andrew bynum, pau gasol, greg oden, joakim noah, is just an expample

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
We're not falling for this, Laker Fan.

soo.... a fan from another team cant have a positive opinion about another fan team.... is this how it works here??? if so can i stamp HOMER across your forhead

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
with wade and parker and duncan coming off in books in 2 years after this season another free agency of centers and forwards will be available....

marc gasol, andrew bynum, pau gasol, greg oden, joakim noah, is just an expample

Since you're not a Spurs fan, I'll hep you to the reality that FAs avoid SA. That's why we draft strong: we kinda have to.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
also duncan is more than just a spine HE IS THE TEAM.... i can forsee him taking a David Robinson role in his twilight years

Leetonidas
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
also duncan is more than just a spine HE IS THE TEAM.... i can forsee him taking a David Robinson role in his twilight years

I sure hope not, because if Duncan's production drops like David's did in his last couple years, then we're really fucked.

admiralsnackbar

That's just it, holmes : these are his twilight years. Hence Holt's spending spree this summer.

z0sa
How would this "definitely" put us over the top? You don't think a healthy Manu+RJ = Wade's production? Wade's also injury prone as well.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Since you're not a Spurs fan, I'll hep you to the reality that FAs avoid SA. That's why we draft strong: we kinda have to.

thats a load of shit.... dont pull that small market crap "no one wants to come here etc"... SA is the best city and town for certain NBA players to lead a quality life... IN peace and quiet and not all paparzzi bound like LA and NY. dont get me wrong some players are bound for that but Wade is the type of guy who likes to win and has a strong christian background who prolly wouldnt mind playing with 2 future HOF's and live comfortably in Texas nice weather....

Believe me Ive been to SA many times for work and leisure....

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
How would this "definitely" put us over the top? You don't think a healthy Manu+RJ = Wade's production? Wade's also injury prone as well.

okay over the top might be excessive but defeinatelly in the running if land another center or PF that can take the load off of duncan....

and are you kidding me? WADE>>>>>Manu+RJ wade is injury prone becuase he is the load of that team as well..

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
thats a load of shit.... dont pull that small market crap "no one wants to come here etc"... SA is the best city and town for certain NBA players to lead a quality life... IN peace and quiet and not all paparzzi bound like LA and NY. dont get me wrong some players are bound for that but Wade is the type of guy who likes to win and has a strong christian background who prolly wouldnt mind playing with 2 future HOF's and live comfortably in Texas nice weather....

Believe me Ive been to SA many times for work and leisure....

That's great you dig SA, but I will give you that small market crap. NBA is a young man's league. Grown men appreciate it's charms, but 90% of the yoots are more interested in nightlife/culture/glamour/etc, particularly if they are even remotely of star-caliber.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I sure hope not, because if Duncan's production drops like David's did in his last couple years, then we're really fucked.

he wont drop like david but his presence is a still a great impact on the game itself.... and to be honest with you David was still very productive in the 03 season. at least from a laker fan persepective... you guys beat us that year

DPG21920
1) This would never happen

2) Spurs fans are ridiculous if they are saying they would not do this. If the Spurs would be guaranteed Wade in FA if they did this, it would be a no brainer.

z0sa
and are you kidding me? WADE>>>>>Manu+RJ

So you're suggesting we somehow cut loose of RJ's contract before this offseason. Any suggestions?

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 02:02 PM

2) Spurs fans are ridiculous if they are saying they would not do this. If the Spurs would be guaranteed Wade in FA if they did this, it would be a no brainer.

Before disparaging your fellow fans, see item 1.

Dex
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
soo.... a fan from another team cant have a positive opinion about another fan team.... is this how it works here??? if so can i stamp HOMER across your forhead

I was actually just kidding, but I still don't see how this is positive, let alone possible, for the Spurs.

Wade is a hell of a player, but he still doesn't equal the production of three very good players. If you move Dice and Jefferson, suddenly you have huge gaps to fill in the front line, even if the Spurs did manage to land Wade.

Besides, when Ginobili is healthy and playing well, he provides Wade-esque production by himself. Pretty sure the Spurs haven't completely given up on those days yet.

Furthermore, if the Spurs drop three of their better players for filler this year, you might as well go ahead and take them out of contention. I don't think the front office is looking to sacrifice 1 of Tim Duncan's 3 years left just for a shot at landing a player they probably won't get in the first place.

z0sa
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM

But since there's absolutely no way the Spurs would be guaranteed Wade in FA, nor is there any reasonable way for us to shed RJ's contract, you're being ridiculous.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
That's great you dig SA, but I will give you that small market crap. NBA is a young man's league. Grown men appreciate it's charms, but 90% of the yoots are more interested in nightlife/culture/glamour/etc, particularly if they are even remotely of star-caliber.

so the city of Austin 6th street, warehouse district 1604 nightlife, riverwalk, and nearby cities of Dallas and Houston are not enough party life for these young guys....LOL

Kanye West just bought a a skyscraper condo out in Austin and the city is only 60 miles away.....

HELL i even saw Tony Parker at Howl at the Moon having with other players i knew one of em was Ronny Turiaf

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Kanye West just bought a a skyscraper condo out in Austin and the city is only 60 miles away.....

Exactly how much time do you think players have to devote to commutes?:lol

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I was actually just kidding, but I still don't see how this is positive, let alone possible, for the Spurs.

Wade is a hell of a player, but he still doesn't equal the production of three very good players. If you move Dice and Jefferson, suddenly you have huge gaps to fill in the front line, even if the Spurs did manage to land Wade.

Besides, when Ginobili is healthy and playing well, he provides Wade-esque production by himself. Pretty sure the Spurs haven't completely given up on those days yet.

Furthermore, if the Spurs drop three of their better players for filler this year, you might as well go ahead and take them out of contention. I don't think the front office is looking to sacrifice 1 of Tim Duncan's 3 years left just for a shot at landing a player they probably won't get in the first place.

ya I know its a risk but Wade only other options are Chicago, Miami, and New York... everyone else doesnt have the pieces or is over the cap...

also Ginobili and Dyss for Tmacgrady is an option the spurs might want to think about you can still court Wade if RC pulls the trigger on that

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:16 PM
But since there's absolutely no way the Spurs would be guaranteed Wade in FA, nor is there any reasonable way for us to shed RJ's contract, you're being ridiculous.

really what is jefferson PER this season.... is that really wirth 14 million over two years....

15.3 for those of you dont know... even at this point Ginobili has a better PER

DPG21920
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM

No, since this is called a hypothetical. Which is why I included a qualifier in my statement. What is ridiculous is you thinking Pop drew up a play for Bonner at the end of the game. That is real world, and you really thought that.

UnWantedTheory
12-11-2009, 02:30 PM
ya I know its a risk but Wade only other options are Chicago, Miami, and New York... everyone else doesnt have the pieces or is over the cap...

also Ginobili and Dyss for Tmacgrady is an option the spurs might want to think about you can still court Wade if RC pulls the trigger on that

I like you man,...but your crazy...:p:

DxB
12-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Dumbass stating an obvious plan that can't work...

rascal
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Top free agents like wade don't want to go to San Antonio.

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I like you man,...but your crazy...:p:

+1 :toast

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Dumbass stating an obvious plan that can't work...

dumbass cant contribute anything to the thread so he completely ignore the word "suggestion" and responds with something cynacle that makes him look like a dumbfuck

duhoh
12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
while wade would be nice, this is duncan's, then parker's team. it would be really wierd to see him accept a role like that, especially when he's a guy that you can build a franchise around.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Top free agents like wade don't want to go to San Antonio.

free agents will go anywhere if the money is right and the team is right!!!

the spurs has the "second:p:" best coach in the league, top point guard in the league, top forward in the league and a comfortable fan base....
Wade will be loved in Texas.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 02:43 PM
while wade would be nice, this is duncan's, then parker's team. it would be really wierd to see him accept a role like that, especially when he's a guy that you can build a franchise around.

fuck that shit.... if you land Wade.... depending on the RC moves if he does any.... the Spurs should Be Wade's team

silverblackfan
12-11-2009, 02:56 PM
fuck that shit.... if you land Wade.... depending on the RC moves if he does any.... the Spurs should Be Wade's team

Ok. That is just ridiculous. Sure Wade is a franchise player, but the Spurs will still be Timmy's team probably 2 years AFTER he retires.

Spurgio
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
San Antonio is to small of a market for DWade. The NBA is a business first, and for DWade to come here wouldn't be to smart in his part. If Miami doesn't get another elite player to join him, i see him going to chicago. Rose and Wade would be the best back court in the NBA. Plus they're hometown kids, it be perfect.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
San Antonio is to small of a market for DWade. The NBA is a business first, and for DWade to come here wouldn't be to smart in his part. If Miami doesn't get another elite player to join him, i see him going to chicago. Rose and Wade would be the best back court in the NBA. Plus they're hometown kids, it be perfect.

to be honest with you i dont see the southern texas market small to the NBA anymore everything georgetown and below I35 represents San Antonio and Austin area....

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 03:20 PM
to be honest with you i dont see the southern texas market small to the NBA anymore everything georgetown and below I35 represents San Antonio and Austin area....

It's not yet a continuous media market, however. Spurs games are blacked out in Austin, meaning the advertising revenue is smaller, meaning we're still a small market team.

z0sa
12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
No, since this is called a hypothetical. Which is why I included a qualifier in my statement. What is ridiculous is you thinking Pop drew up a play for Bonner at the end of the game. That is real world, and you really thought that.

I admitted I was wrong after I read the post-game quotes, and you're a douche for bringing it up like I wronged you with it or something. Tim passing out to him and setting a screen looked like a set play, considering Bonner was our best player that night; he also has never called for a screen and roll clear out (4 feet outside the 3pt line), or handled the ball in such a situation, in his entire life as a Spur.

Brazil
12-11-2009, 03:31 PM

exactly !! manu and jeff for Wade ? if it was possible its in fact a no brainer

easy7
12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
fellas.... as a laker fan.. I would suggest the following: trade mcdyss, ginobili and jefferson for expirings and fillers (i.e. tracy mcgrady) and other shitty players....

If those 3 mofos ever click, like I know they will, they will beat the lakers easily.....

just a suggestion and the only one that has crossed my mind... Lakers are not going anywhere for the next 3 years, if those 3 mofos ever get their shit together

What he really meant to say....:hat

Johnny RIngo
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
free agents will go anywhere if the money is right and the team is right!!!

the spurs has the "second:p:" best coach in the league, top point guard in the league, top forward in the league and a comfortable fan base....
Wade will be loved in Texas.

Spurs couldn't even convince a scrub like Corey Maggette to come here. He chose a fucking lottery team over playing for a perennial playoff team like SA. Even if we had all the cap space in the world, we'd have NO shot at someone like Wade or Bosh.

DxB
12-11-2009, 03:43 PM
dumbass cant contribute anything to the thread so he completely ignore the word "suggestion" and responds with something cynacle that makes him look like a dumbfuck

Shutup Bitch.

z0sa
12-11-2009, 03:53 PM
exactly !! manu and jeff for Wade ? if it was possible its in fact a no brainer

It's not a trade. It's called once again tanking the season by getting rid of our biggest acquisitions and probably not even passing the first round even with Manu. Then hoping Wade and Parker doesn't completely destroy Tim's spacing, which by then he'll need even more, since neither can hit a 3 to save his life. I won't mention the fact both dominate the ball and have similar styles of play. But hey, DPG's watching out for Holt's pocketbook when Timmy retires - Wade will surely bring the fans in.

DPG21920
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
It's not a trade. It's called once again tanking the season by getting rid of our biggest acquisitions and probably not even passing the first round even with Manu. Then hoping Wade and Parker doesn't completely destroy Tim's spacing, which by then he'll need even more, since neither can hit a 3 to save his life. I won't mention the fact both dominate the ball and have similar styles of play. But hey, DPG's watching out for Holt's pocketbook when Timmy retires - Wade will surely bring the fans in.

You sound like a douche for bringing up the Wade thing like I wronged you....Quit acting butt hurt.

What don't you understand about the word hypothetical? Why is this such a hard concept? The fact that you are even trying to come up with arguments, even hypothetically, as to why getting Wade essentially for the mentioned pieces and the mentioned method (which once again, is only hypothetical) makes you look like a fool. Under no circumstances would it be a bad idea or fit. It would be a no brainer.

But hey, Zosa knows a lot about basketball - He tells us about drawing up plays for Bonner and why getting Wade on the Spurs for Manu/RJ/Dice would be a bad idea.

z0sa
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
You sound like a douche for bringing up the Wade thing like I wronged you....

You did "wrong" me, if that's what you consider wronging. I can detect sarcasm. It's also not the first snide remark you've made towards me.

What don't you understand about the word hypothetical? Why is this such a hard concept?

Specify where I failed to understand the concept, with a quote. I made 2 "serious" posts to see if the OP actually had some real ideas in mind. Magically cutting and trading players isn't a hypothetical in any real sense, it's a fantasy. The fantasy continued by saying Wade would surely join SA. The fantasy continued even further when it "definitely put us over the top." If you want to talk shit to me behind the curtains of your fucking fantasy, go ahead and be stupid.

The fact that you are even trying to come up with arguments, even hypothetically, as to why getting Wade essentially for the mentioned pieces and the mentioned method (which once again, is only hypothetical) makes you look like a fool.

Thanks for your opinion. It is a message board, where opinions are welcome, even if it makes you seem like a total dick.

Under no circumstances would it be a bad idea or fit. It would be a no brainer.

I disagree. I'm not willing to let another year of the Tim Duncan era be wasted, even for a "hypothetical" where we get Wade while losing Manu, RJ, and Dyess. I'd rather contend both of these next 2 years than just one.

But hey, Zosa knows a lot about basketball - He tells about drawing up plays for Bonner and why getting Wade on the Spurs for Manu/RJ/Dice would be a bad idea.

Is there a reason you're insulting me? I've never done shit to you. you are the one acting butthurt.

DPG21920
12-11-2009, 05:20 PM

I admitted I was wrong after I read the post-game quotes, and you're a douche for bringing it up like I wronged you with it or something. Tim passing out to him and setting a screen looked like a set play, considering Bonner was our best player that night; he also has never called for a screen and roll clear out (4 feet outside the 3pt line), or handled the ball in such a situation, in his entire life as a Spur.

Is there a reason you are insulting me? Besides just wanting to look like a dick?

How am I insulting you? By saying you said the play was drawn up for Matt Bonner? That is not an insult, that is a fact.

You keep crying and whinning, but you are the one that singled me out directly. Then you did it again, then you send me pm's. You are taking this wayyyyyy to personally.

It is a hypothetical. You are trying too hard to apply real world applications. This is not something that is likely. But either you understand that and partake knowing so, or you don't. But don't try and come in here and say that given the circumstances (of the proposed hypothetical working out) that getting Wade would be bad.

You keep saying "and what, have another mediocre year"...Well, if we are trying to apply a lot of real world applications to this hypothetical, then the Spurs chances of winning are not good this year. That means they are going to be mediocre by their standards anyways. So why not get Wade for next year (which in this hypothetical was the guarantee).

z0sa
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Is there a reason you are insulting me? Besides just wanting to look like a dick?

You're repeating my statements, even though they're used in different contexts.

How am I insulting you? By saying you said the play was drawn up for Matt Bonner? That is not an insult, that is a fact.

You were being facetious. Deny it you want.

You keep crying and whinning, but you are the one that singled me out directly. Then you did it again, then you send me pm's. You are taking this wayyyyyy to personally.

They're visitor messages, not PMs. Anyone can see them. I didn't know there was a rule against using them.

It is a hypothetical. You are trying too hard to apply real world applications.

It's not a hypothetical. It's a troll attempt and a fantasy. Hypotheticals are defined as "highly conjectural", as in it could happen. The situation being proposed would never happen.

This is not something that is likely.

It's impossible. No one will take on RJ's contract, it's why we gave up trash for him.

But either you understand that and partake knowing so, or you don't. But don't try and come in here and say that given the circumstances (of the proposed hypothetical working out) that getting Wade would be bad.

Wow, alright moderator DPG. Shit, I coulda sworn you were a newbie compared to the time I've spent here. I'll let you know when I wanna post in a thread again. Not.

You keep saying "and what, have another mediocre year"...Well, if we are trying to apply a lot of real world applications to this impossible fantasy,

I didn't, I don't. I just wanted to make the OP understand why this could never happen, through a series of leading questions, if he was truly being honest. If he was not, he would fall flat on his face, or insult me and I could call him a troll. Who'd have known you'd start insulting me when I felt a little confused at the ridiculousness of calling out other fans over this nonsense. Apparently you think I shouldn't be harmed by it, I'm not.

then the Spurs chances of winning are not good this year. That means they are going to be mediocre by their standards anyways. So why not get Wade for next year (which in this hypothetical was the guarantee).

I would prefer to contend this year and next, rather than just next. My opinion, my choice, which you apparently cannot handle. Call it stupid, go ahead. I invest too much time and emotion into the Spurs to write them off another year for little more chances at a title.

I'm done, I now honestly and fullheartedly apologize for calling you names or being a dick. I am overly argumentative apparently, and it gets the best of me. I'm sorry.

Rummpd
12-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Lakers fans are on the top of the world right now and deserve to be with a great start, and a great top 6 and a championship in the bank last year but is along season and the Lakers are not without flaws (i.e. almost no bench).

Bring it on = with the considerable talent on the Spurs AS COMPOSED = it might well still be Spurs fans giving Lakers fans advice next summer while the Lakers fish and the Spurs chase another title.

DPG21920
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm done, I now honestly and fullheartedly apologize for calling you names or being a dick. I am overly argumentative apparently, and it gets the best of me. I'm sorry.

You know what is funny? I was honestly just about to post this to you. I am sarcastic at times, and I definitely love to debate (Chump and I head the SpursTalk Debate team), but I honestly was not trying to be a dick. I was poking fun at you, but not in a harmful way and I am sorry if it comes across like that.

Baseline
12-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Laker999...FYI, unfortunately the Spurs don't have the luxury of David Stern's assistance with our trades, so we can by no means be certain that Wade or any other superstar will sign with us as a free agent.

So although gutting our team for a shot at landing a guy like Wade may make sense to a Laker fan, we Spurs fans - much like the rest of the
NBA - must operate in the real world. That's the world where you don't get a Pau Gasol for a Kwame Brown.

We'll see if the injury gods smile upon your Lakers this year as brightly as they did last year. Injuries are the one thing Mr. Stern can't control, yet he got his wish last year when teams such as the Spurs, Celtics, and Magic were not at full strength, and thus the Lakers waltzed to the title.

But I'm sure you're confident - as I am - that everything else within Mr. Stern's control will go in favor of the Lakers, even if it is at the expense of other teams in the league.

DesignatedT
12-11-2009, 06:24 PM
wade would never come here.

Chieflion
12-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Damn, you guys are trolling yourselves over a thread started by a Laker fan. Get your act together.

rascal
12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
This would never happen because the spurs don't operate by gutting the roster of talent to go after pipe dream star free agents. Maybe the Lakers can get away and pull something like that off but the spurs can't. History has shown San Antonio is not a desired destination for the top free agents.

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Laker999...FYI, unfortunately the Spurs don't have the luxury of David Stern's assistance with our trades, so we can by no means be certain that Wade or any other superstar will sign with us as a free agent.

So although gutting our team for a shot at landing a guy like Wade may make sense to a Laker fan, we Spurs fans - much like the rest of the
NBA - must operate in the real world. That's the world where you don't get a Pau Gasol for a Kwame Brown.

We'll see if the injury gods smile upon your Lakers this year as brightly as they did last year. Injuries are the one thing Mr. Stern can't control, yet he got his wish last year when teams such as the Spurs, Celtics, and Magic were not at full strength, and thus the Lakers waltzed to the title.

But I'm sure you're confident - as I am - that everything else within Mr. Stern's control will go in favor of the Lakers, even if it is at the expense of other teams in the league.

Wow you are totally left in the dark when it comes to basketball. let me educate you on this real world scenario...

you believe David Stern actually controls trades. if this was the case, do you have any proof to back up your claims. Links, Witnesses, call records? If that was the case wouldnt you think someone would have dropped the dime on David Stern by now. The FBI moved in on Tim Donaghy due to investigation of gambling in the NBA. If you think about it controlling Trades for Big Market Teams is a form of Gambling and it is Highly illegal. if someone like David Stern was doing this you bet your ass he would have been caught up by now. He held the comissioner position for nearly 30 years and you have no facts that David Stern rigged trades to get certain teams to play together for ratings. If you have any fact that David Stern commits this crime please post it becuase other than the pile of shit you just posted you really talking shit out of your ass.

also... Pau Gasol was traded for an expiring contract, and prospect rookie, 2 first round draft picks and Marc Gasol who is avering double double this year and could be well on his to an allstar game in year or so. Its been nearly 3 season since Gasol got traded and you are still crying your eyes out. grow the fuck up already. you sound so bitter by bringing stupid shit up that obviously you know nothing about.

also...maybe its the fans attitude seeing you guys cant land a a superstar for a small market team... load a shit if you ask me stop crying and bitching becuase saying that no one wants to play for the spurs is just as delusional as being by saying "we would rather have RJ and Gin" you have a 2 HOF's and HOF coach.... landing a superstar to SA is possible just like in any other city with championship pieces

Bambililos
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
fellas.... as a laker fan and a strong supporter of the laker vs spurs rivalry... I would suggest the following. IF it happens

:rollin
lol, good one

Mal
12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I didnt read whole thread and I wont do it. I just want to say that Wade or LeBron or even Bosh wouldnt come here at all. Only 2010 FA, who I think is worth giving up Ginobili is Joe Johnson.

Spurs still have a good team, but it still isn`t working properly and I just hope it is a matter of time.

Baseline
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow you are totally left in the dark when it comes to basketball. let me educate you on this real world scenario...

you believe David Stern actually controls trades. if this was the case, do you have any proof to back up your claims. Links, Witnesses, call records? If that was the case wouldnt you think someone would have dropped the dime on David Stern by now. The FBI moved in on Tim Donaghy due to investigation of gambling in the NBA. If you think about it controlling Trades for Big Market Teams is a form of Gambling and it is Highly illegal. if someone like David Stern was doing this you bet your ass he would have been caught up by now. He held the comissioner position for nearly 30 years and you have no facts that David Stern rigged trades to get certain teams to play together for ratings. If you have any fact that David Stern commits this crime please post it becuase other than the pile of shit you just posted you really talking shit out of your ass.

also... Pau Gasol was traded for an expiring contract, and prospect rookie, 2 first round draft picks and Marc Gasol who is avering double double this year and could be well on his to an allstar game in year or so. Its been nearly 3 season since Gasol got traded and you are still crying your eyes out. grow the fuck up already. you sound so bitter by bringing stupid shit up that obviously you know nothing about.

also...maybe its the fans attitude seeing you guys cant land a a superstar for a small market team... load a shit if you ask me stop crying and bitching becuase saying that no one wants to play for the spurs is just as delusional as being by saying "we would rather have RJ and Gin" you have a 2 HOF's and HOF coach.... landing a superstar to SA is possible just like in any other city with championship pieces

Watch your language, punk. I shouldn't have wasted my time responding to you in the first place.

You're a Laker fan, so you couldn't possibly understand anything resembling reality. If you really believe that David Stern doesn't affect certain trades, or any other minute detail of his league, I don't really know what else to say to you. But as a Laker fan, his dealings will NEVER affect you adversely, so you will always take the same position - that of ignorance. The rest of the leaugue knows about Laker fans. Laker fans have no clue. It's a world of ignorant, large-market bliss.

The REALITY is that your Bryant-led crew missed the playoffs entirely the year after Shaquille was shipped out of town, and remained a mediocre 7-8 seed with no hope of making the Finals until the ridiculous Gasol trade happened. And Gasol changed everything. That, you blabbering moron, is a fact.

Have a nice life, Lakers999 - you won't get another second of my time.

L.I.T
12-11-2009, 11:03 PM
“A lot of people have worked very hard over the years to bring this sport to where it is right now,” Popovich said. “For anybody to think that it is not on the up and up really is offensive. If I thought it wasn't on the up and up and I didn't have any control over outcomes, I wouldn't be doing it."

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141555

SenorSpur
12-11-2009, 11:56 PM

As if Tracy McGrady has any past, present or future. This dude doesn't even have a playoff resume. For you to make such an outlandish suggestion, it's clear that you've not been paying any attention to his career or his injury history.

And if you think D-Wade is going anywhere outside of Miami, again you're fooling yourself.

Bottom line, your trade suggestion, in addition to not being possible, it doesn't make any sense. No disrespect, but this is the type of suggestion that I would expect from a Clipppers fan - not a Fakers fan.

poop
12-11-2009, 11:58 PM
wade is a game changing megalith and wherever he goes he will instantly improve them. hes not just a scorer or one dimensional-he has incredible playmaking and passing skills, high iq, and doesnt make mistakes. and hes clutch as anyone. that said theres not a chance in hell the spurs get him.

Ice009
12-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I was thinking something of the gasol magnitude. How about mahinmi and haislip for bynum and kobe. Straight up. We can have pop and RC get your GM tipsy and have the contract right there for him to sign.:toastA toast to that one.:jekka:jekka

That trade would be Bonner and Splitter's rights for Marc Gasol.

If the league allowed that trade I wouldn't mention the Lakers' trade anymore.

Mal
12-12-2009, 10:50 AM
When younger Gasol was playing in Europe , Splitter was way better player. If Gasol have done such big progress, I think Splitter would do the same or better. Just wait and give this guy chance.Dont trade his right`s for similar player.

ElNono
12-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I have a trade that will put Lakerfan over the top... Trade Gasol back for Kwame Brown and Odom for Caron Butler...

Ice009
12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
When younger Gasol was playing in Europe , Splitter was way better player. If Gasol have done such big progress, I think Splitter would do the same or better. Just wait and give this guy chance.Dont trade his right`s for similar player.

I actually liked Marc Gasol since last season when I saw him in the games they played against the Spurs. I thought he was really tough and a Spur like player, nothing like his brother who was more know as a soft finesse player.

I also know people said Splitter is good, shit you could even find a quote from Marc Gasol early last season saying that if the Spurs had Splitter it would be over. Marc Gasol himself though has gotten a lot better since then and I don't know if Splitter would ever come over that's why I threw that one in there. What better way for the NBA to hype up a series Gasol Vs Gasol. lol you gotta make the NBA buy into it before they suggest the trade to the Grizzlies ;).

I have a trade that will put Lakerfan over the top... Trade Gasol back for Kwame Brown and Odom for Caron Butler...

I would like that trade ;).

SpurNation
12-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Wade or LeBron won't but Bosh would.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5318614 (http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5318614)

duhoh
12-12-2009, 01:09 PM

no that's not how SA operates. but that's why you're a Laker fan, not a SA fan. no knock on you though. :toast

duhoh
12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5318614 (http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5318614)

you can't build around bosh. see last year

SpurNation
12-12-2009, 04:40 PM
you can't build around bosh. see last year

What makes you think the team would have to "build" around him if Bosh were to come to SA?

duhoh
12-12-2009, 05:11 PM
What makes you think the team would have to "build" around him if Bosh were to come to SA?

the trade from the link involved sending TP over there. realistically, this franchise would build around TP after Timmeh takes off.

SpurNation
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
the trade from the link involved sending TP over there. realistically, this franchise would build around TP after Timmeh takes off.

Tony Parker is not a player a team builds a franchise around. After Duncan is gone...the Spurs will rebuild from the ground up. I would even doubt if Parker would remain a Spur a year after Duncan retires.

This team isn't (or shouldn't) be about rebuilding while Duncan has a couple of years left. Another legitiment big like Bosh would, IMO, better insure another trophy more so than Parker. IMO, the team can survive without Parker if another quality big were on the team. I'm not so convinced it can win another championship without one.

Fabbs
12-12-2009, 06:06 PM
:lol Excellent. :toast
Yes lets reverse the Flamers obviously rigged trade with the Memphis Lakers.

Hey Lakers999, you gonna respond to this?

lotr1trekkie
12-12-2009, 07:43 PM
We stay the course. POP needs to accelerate getting down to a regular rotation. I think that Manu , RJ and Hill pack a wallop on a second unit. That would mean Bogans and Mason start with Tim, Tony and either McDyess or Ratliff. I go with Ratliff. Add Dice to the second unit and we are a go. My theory is that you need 3 scorers and 2 role players on the court at all times. My second unit of Manu, Hill, RJ, Dice and Blair would provide that. All play decent D. Our only problem is that we haven't settled in to a rotation that works. We need to force other teams to adjust to us!

duhoh
12-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Tony Parker is not a player a team builds a franchise around. After Duncan is gone...the Spurs will rebuild from the ground up. I would even doubt if Parker would remain a Spur a year after Duncan retires.

This team isn't (or shouldn't) be about rebuilding while Duncan has a couple of years left. Another legitiment big like Bosh would, IMO, better insure another trophy more so than Parker. IMO, the team can survive without Parker if another quality big were on the team. I'm not so convinced it can win another championship without one.

i agree, but that's what i foresee the spurs actually doing, for TP to be the franchise post-Duncan era.

i wish it wasn't, but that's what i see