PDA

View Full Version : So who is the Lakers' biggest threat now?

djohn2oo8
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Denver, Portland, Jazz, Suns (:lol) , or New Orleans ?

ginobili's bald spot
12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Fpoonsie
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Injury bug, and maybe luva's shitty karma...

...though, the two may very well go hand-in-hand.

iilluzioN
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Celtics, Magic > Lakers

ginobili's bald spot
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Injury bug.

That's true.

Culburn369
12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Only Denver in the West.

Only Boston in the East.

NBAfan83
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
New Orleans, their 3-0 since paul has returned.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
The Bobcats

Brazil
12-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Injuries that is all

23LeBronJames23
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Cavs, if they get their shit str8

Xylus
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
In the West, it's gotta be Denver.

They have great leadership (Billups), the best offensive player in the league (Melo), a big frontline (Melo, Martin, Nene), and a solid bench (Birdman, JR Smith, Lawson, Balkman). Statistically, they're great offensively and pretty good defensively. Most importantly, they don't seem to be afraid of the Lakers at all, unlike most teams in the West.

23LeBronJames23
12-11-2009, 05:46 PM
in the west then Nuggets.

Culburn369
12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
In the West, it's gotta be Denver.

they don't seem to be afraid of the Lakers at all

X, gettin' his blind squirrel on & findin' an acorn.

stretch
dallas and denver are really the only two teams in the NBA that are a serious threat to the lakers

but dallas might be the best team in terms of matchups against the lakers, but mentally, denver seems like the team most poised to take them down.

for dallas it all depends on dampier. if he plays well and stays out of foul trouble, dallas most definitely can beat LA

and carlisles unusual love for Barea might actually pay off in a series against LA. he always seems to play well against them and doesnt have to worry about getting abused by farmar or fisher

DPG21920
I agree that injuries and just sheer chokery are the Lakes biggest threats. If they don't win the title (assuming the stay healthy) it would be one of the biggest disappointments and upsets in NBA history.

As far as in the West, I would have to say the Mavs are the biggest threats to the Lakers. They have a great player in Dirk who can carry them, good size in the back and front court (Kidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk, Damp) and a very productive bench.

If Howard can get back to his old level or the Mavs can move him for a much better fit at the SG or C spot, they will be a very great team.

Culburn369
12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree that injuries and just sheer chokery are the Lakes biggest threats. If they don't win the title (assuming the stay healthy) it would be one of the biggest disappointments and upsets in NBA history.

As far as in the West, I would have to say the Mavs are the biggest threats to the Lakers. They have a great player in Dirk who can carry them, good size in the back and front court (Kidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk, Damp) and a very productive bench.

If Howard can get back to his old level or the Mavs can move him for a much better fit at the SG or C spot, they will be a very great team.

DPG!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!!!! Give old Cubby two or three words that'll change me life, you f'ing hump, you.

PGDynasty24
12-11-2009, 05:54 PM
dallas and denver are really the only two teams in the NBA that are a serious threat to the lakers

but dallas might be the best team in terms of matchups against the lakers, but mentally, denver seems like the team most poised to take them down.

for dallas it all depends on dampier. if he plays well and stays out of foul trouble, dallas most definitely can beat LA

and carlisles unusual love for Barea might actually pay off in a series against LA. he always seems to play well against them and doesnt have to worry about getting abused by farmar or fisher

the maverick beat us for the first time in 2 years when were missing our 2nd best player and all of a sudden they think they can beat us in the playoffs. LOL. but I'd have to say Denver

Xylus
12-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Houston could take them to 7 games, though.

Killakobe81
12-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Magic? who here REALLY believes that Matt barnes, VC and Bass will change teh outcome tHAT much?
If Orlando had a healthy Nelson AND DWIGHT had a Tim duncan post game transplant in the off-season I would buy that ...
Orlando is built to beat Boston and Cavs not the Lakers
Celts are built to beat the Lakers but they may not get out of the East LOL!
Denver, Dallas and SA in the West but I wouldnt trust any of them ...

Denver is mentally weak with a choker of a coach,
Dallas has a better coach (startegy wise) BUT seem to cant shake the Miami/Gstate thing
SA seems old but they always make a run ...but what will that run cost?
And if they get a 4 or lower seed could they beat LA, Denver Dallas or say Utah (3 out of the 4) to win a title? NOT bloody likely ...

And if we play Houston againit wont go 7 ... portland took us to 7 in 2000 and got swept the next year previous year series dont mean dyck ...

DPG21920
12-11-2009, 06:11 PM
DPG!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!!!! Give old Cubby two or three words that'll change me life, you f'ing hump, you.

http://www.erdman.cc/images/balloonknot.jpg

Culburn369
12-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

djohn2oo8
12-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Magic? who here REALLY believes that Matt barnes, VC and Bass will change teh outcome tHAT much?
If Orlando had a healthy Nelson AND DWIGHT had a Tim duncan post game transplant in the off-season I would buy that ...
Orlando is built to beat Boston and Cavs not the Lakers
Celts are built to beat the Lakers but they may not get out of the East LOL!
Denver, Dallas and SA in the West but I wouldnt trust any of them ...

Denver is mentally weak with a choker of a coach,
Dallas has a better coach (startegy wise) BUT seem to cant shake the Miami/Gstate thing
SA seems old but they always make a run ...but what will that run cost?
And if they get a 4 or lower seed could they beat LA, Denver Dallas or say Utah (3 out of the 4) to win a title? NOT bloody likely ...

And if we play Houston againit wont go 7 ... portland took us to 7 in 2000 and got swept the next year previous year series dont mean dyck ...

The exact same thing you probably said last year....The advantage the Rockets have is that you can't predict them. Like, before you could double Yao and that was the end of it. Now it's more team oriented, and that's what bit the Lakers in the ass those two games, but the end result was because of the lack of height.

Culburn369
12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Without Yao you can't end us.

And you know it.

baseline bum
12-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Earthquake

djohn2oo8
12-11-2009, 08:27 PM

And you know it.

I never said they could, I said they would still make it interesting. If they had a decent big man with good size, then maybe

SpursDynasty
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Their biggest threat is actually playing road games after playing 16 of the first 20 at home

Allanon
12-11-2009, 08:56 PM

And you know it.

I really like the hard-working Rockets, it's hard not to like how hard they play. I like 3 players on their team.... Ariza, Brooks and Chuck wagon.

But you're spot on about no Yao and end of the Lakers, Culb.

jmill
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
The Nuggets, atm anyways.

More importantly, djohn, who is in your sig?

bostonguy
12-11-2009, 10:26 PM
In the west...no one. Denver is a mentally weak team who folds under pressure. Plus they don't have the D to limit the Lakers O on a consistent basis.

Dallas would compete well, but they don't have the D to limit the Lakers O on a consistent basis either.

In terms of the nba....Boston MAYBE. I say Maybe because we don't know if age has caught up to Boston. If it hasn't, Boston stands the best chance out of all the teams against the Lakers.

Orlando...Dwight has no low post game and Orlando's d hasn't shown me they can limit the Lakers O.

You MUST limit the Lakers offense consistently if you truly want to have the best chance of beating them in a 7 game series. You simply can't play all o against them. That method just won't work.

iggypop123
12-11-2009, 10:33 PM
injuries. only thing in their way, they made it 2 yrs in a row to the finals never being at 100% anyways

Venti Quattro
12-12-2009, 12:55 AM
The Bobcats

Findog
12-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Denver, Portland, Jazz, Suns (:lol) , or New Orleans ?

Injuries. None of those teams will beat them in a 7-game series if they're healthy. Denver and Dallas probably would give them the best fight.

Findog
12-12-2009, 02:14 AM
New Orleans, their 3-0 since paul has returned.

They looked great tonight against the Knicks at home.

TheMACHINE
12-12-2009, 02:51 AM
the biggest threat is Kobe's finger

23LeBronJames23
12-12-2009, 02:58 AM
LeBron AKA King James

usdane
12-12-2009, 03:12 AM
LeBron AKA King James

:lmao you mean this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--mrQzEl14&feature=related

Let us know when his team win a game in the finals. LeBroom come on...

The only threat is the Celtics and I like our chances against them.

Amaso
12-12-2009, 03:20 AM
In the West, there shouldn't be a series that goes past 5 games.

The Celtics are the only team in the NBA that can believe they can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

FkLA
12-12-2009, 03:28 AM
lol at Mavs being their biggest threat out west

It has to be Denver easily out West, they played them tough last year in the WCF...the mental mistakes at the end of games cost them the series though. If they were to somehow get rid of those mistakes theyre right there head to head with the Lakers. I doubt that has changed though Id still predict Denver meltdowns unfortunately.

Out east its Boston...they embarrased this same Laker team two year ago in the Finals. Plus theyre ballin' this year too, people are making a big deal of how well LA is doing so far (with 16 of 20 games at home) and completely ignoring the Cs play. This whole notion that LA is far and away better than the competition and that noone is close is bullshit, Boston has the players and mentality to beat the Lakers.

iggypop123
12-12-2009, 03:37 AM
right on que our biggest rival has arrived

FkLA
12-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Boston is 18-4, 10-1 on the road, and is on a 9-game winning streak, and they embarrased the Lakers with the same core two years ago...how do people even get the nerve to suggest that the Lakers are far and away better than the competition or that injuries are their biggest threat? Must be that ESPN hype.

Allanon
12-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Bynum and Artest swing things back to the Lakers favor.

FkLA
12-12-2009, 03:56 AM
Bynum and Artest swing things back to the Lakers favor.

I could counter that the addition of Sheed/Marquis and developement of Rondo and a couple of other players (Big Baby, Perkins, etc) somewhat offsets that, but that is besides the point. I could care less about you or other fans considering the Lakers the favorites its when people go beyond that and think that noone even stands a chance or that injuries are LA's biggest threat that I find ridiculous. Is anyone even watching the Cs this season? Boston has played just as well as the Lakers arguably better considering their road record compared to LA who has done most of their damage at home.

This is actually a two horse race, the ESPN hype is making it seem like its the Lakers and than everyone else.

Ditty
12-12-2009, 03:57 AM
boston right now will pull there pants down and rape the lakers in the ass like 2008 like how culburn likes it

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:07 AM
I could counter that the addition of Sheed/Marquis and developement of Rondo and a couple of other players (Big Baby, Perkins, etc) somewhat offsets that, but that is besides the point. I could care less about you or other fans considering the Lakers the favorites its when people go beyond that and think that noone even stands a chance or that injuries are LA's biggest threat that I find ridiculous. Is anyone even watching the Cs this season? Boston has played just as well as the Lakers arguably better considering their road record compared to LA who has done most of their damage at home.

This is actually a two horse race, the ESPN hype is making it seem like its the Lakers and than everyone else.

The Lakers have swept the Celtics since that Finals woodshed beating. Without Posey, the Celtics no longer have a Kobe stopper. PJ Brown, KG and Perkins beat the hell out of Pau and Odom. PJ Brown is gone and Bynum's back.

Paul Pierce was great in the Finals versus Radmanovic and Luke Walton. Now he has to deal with Ron Artest.

Against Ron Artest, every star player has a lower than normal average (LeBron/Melo/Paul Pierce) except for Kobe and I think VC who both had better averages.

The loss of Posey, Powe & PJ Brown while adding a jump-shooting Rasheed doesn't bode well for the Celtics in a Lakers rematch. Sheed's no longer the post terror he used to be.

The Celtics, like most other teams, no longer match up favorably with the Lakers. I'm much more worried about the Nuggets than the Celtics..but the Nuggets always do a butt clench in the Playoffs.

I'd bet right now the Lakers will sweep the season series again from the Celtics.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 04:13 AM
The Lakers have swept the Celtics since that Finals woodshed beating. Without Posey, the Celtics no longer have a Kobe stopper. PJ Brown, KG and Perkins beat the hell out of Pau and Odom. PJ Brown is gone and Bynum's back.

Paul Pierce was great in the Finals versus Radmanovic and Luke Walton. Now he has to deal with Ron Artest.

Against Ron Artest, every star player has a lower than normal average (LeBron/Melo/Paul Pierce) except for Kobe and I think VC who both had better averages.

The loss of Posey, Powe & PJ Brown while adding a jump-shooting Rasheed doesn't bode well for the Celtics in a Lakers rematch. Sheed's no longer the post terror he used to be.

The Celtics, like most other teams, no longer match up favorably with the Lakers. I'm much more worried about the Nuggets than the Celtics..but the Nuggets always do a butt clench in the Playoffs.

I'd bet right now the Lakers will sweep the season series again from the Celtics.
The Lakers have played the Celtics since the 2008 finals in like what? Two games?

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:14 AM
The Lakers have played the Celtics since the 2008 finals in like what? Two games?

Yup and they won both games...with KG in the lineup.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Yup and they won both games...with KG in the lineup.
You know that is not what I meant.

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:16 AM
You know that is not what I meant.

What did you mean, OJ?

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 04:17 AM
What did you mean, OJ?
Small sample size, troll detector.

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Small sample size, troll detector.

I agree. But it's a good sign. :lol

LnGrrrR
12-12-2009, 04:19 AM

Hm... Assuming my Internet is up in the new home, I think we will have to set up a sig bet for that. :D

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Hm... Assuming my Internet is up in the new home, I think we will have to set up a sig bet for that. :D

Deal.

I know you won't pussy out of it LnGrrrR, my sig is yours to bet any time, just propose a win/lose sig bet anytime and I'm on, no confirmation needed. :lol

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 04:21 AM
I agree. But it's a good sign. :lol
Look what happened when the Cleveland Crabs faced the Spurs in the finals after sweeping the season series 2-0 against us. So, it is not necessarily a good sign to anything.

LnGrrrR
12-12-2009, 04:23 AM
I know you won't pussy out of it LnGrrrR, my sig is yours to bet any time, just propose a win/lose sig bet anytime and I'm on, no confirmation needed. :lol

Many props allanon! :toast

I'll have to start looking for a decent enough pic... I won't be in my new home onbase here in Hawaii until late January, but I should be able to use a friends PC to make a decent sig for you. :lol

Edit: maybe I'll just make you put that pic of illusion in your sig :lmao

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Look what happened when the Cleveland Crabs faced the Spurs in the finals after sweeping the season series 2-0 against us. So, it is not necessarily a good sign to anything.

Everybody knows about SPAM.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Everybody knows about SPAM.
That term is overused around these parts.

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Many props allanon! :toast

I'll have to start looking for a decent enough pic... I won't be in my new home onbase here in Hawaii until late January, but I should be able to use a friends PC to make a decent sig for you. :lol

Edit: maybe I'll just make you put that pic of illusion in your sig :lmao

Hahah, I look forward to it. It's a deal. :toast

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:28 AM
That term is overused around these parts.

It was true of those pre-2008 Spurs teams.

Those two Cleveland losses were early in the season against the slow starting Spurs that end up SPAM'ing.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 04:33 AM
It was true of those pre-2008 Spurs teams.

Those two Cleveland losses were early in the season against the slow starting Spurs that end up SPAM'ing.
That would be good for me to use when I troll my favorite team's fanbase when we lose a game.

FkLA
12-12-2009, 04:36 AM

Again, I dont mind you having confidence in your team or thinking they should be the favorites. I just find it ridiculous when you to actually believe this hype that its the Lakers and than the rest of the league. The Celtics have been just as good if not better than LA this year and have proven in the past to have a killer instinct unlike the Nuggets. Will the Cs beat LA? Who knows but they sure as hell are just as good.

Allanon
12-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Again, I dont mind you having confidence in your team or thinking they should be the favorites. I just find it ridiculous when you to actually believe this hype that its the Lakers and than the rest of the league. The Celtics have been just as good if not better than LA this year and have proven in the past to have a killer instinct unlike the Nuggets. Will the Cs beat LA? Who knows but they sure as hell are just as good.

It's not about the Lakers and the rest of the NBA for me.

It's more about the Celtics not matching up well.

I think there are other teams that can give the Lakers a run for their money, just not the Celtics.

Ghazi
12-12-2009, 05:11 AM
What's with everyone drinking the Denver Kool Aid? Fuck that gimmick team.

The only team in the West that can at least challenge the Lakers is the Mavericks... at the end i don't think we have enough horses, but we're the only team that can say that we have a shot.

bostonguy
12-12-2009, 05:53 AM
I still :lmao when people say Denver has what it takes to ELIMINATE the lakers in a 7 game series. Funniest shit I have read for months now.

Nuggets don't have a very good coach.
Nuggets defense can't contain the Lakers O.
Nuggets are a stupid basketball team.

How the fuck are they going to beat the Lakers with those problems? Seriously. How is a team full of stupid low iq players with a piece of shit of a head coach that doesn't play good d good enough to take down the Lakers 4 times? Compete? Sure. They competed last year then got their asses raped when they were facing elimination. They are good enough to win 1-2 games at best.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 05:54 AM
I still :lmao when people say Denver has what it takes to ELIMINATE the lakers in a 7 game series. Funniest shit I have read for months now.

Nuggets have a shitty head coach.

How the fuck are they going to beat the Lakers with those problems? Seriously. How is a team full of stupid low iq players with a piece of shit of a head coach that doesn't play good d good enough to take down the Lakers 4 times? Compete? Sure. They competed last year then got their asses raped when they were facing elimination. They are good enough to win 1-2 games at best.
This Nuggets head coach, although he hasn't won a ring has had no losing seasons since the 90s, how is he shitty?

bostonguy
12-12-2009, 05:57 AM
This Nuggets head coach, although he hasn't won a ring has had no losing seasons since the 90s, how is he shitty?

Maybe shitty was too rough of a word. Not very good sounds better. George Karl is the master for team implosion. As long as he is coaching that team, they aren't going anywhere.

Culburn369
12-12-2009, 06:25 AM
What's with everyone drinking the Denver Kool Aid? Fuck that gimmick team.

The only team in the West that can at least challenge the Lakers is the Mavericks... at the end i don't think we have enough horses, but we're the only team that can say that we have a shot.

But, Ghaz, remnants remain of the Disaster of '06 on your team. Those remnant are scarred with the shame of that calamity. What does one do when they're branded with cowardice and they know they're a man? Well, for the rest of their life they must prove they were branded, unjustly. Sadly, in your case, youngster, you weren't unjustly branded. There was cowardice in the ranks of the Mavericks in that ill-fated summer so far ago, yet so near. And as long as those remnants remain, they will spoil & rot the goodness that has arrived in the interim.

So, go thru your roster and root out all the cowards from that Summer of '06.

Ghazi
12-12-2009, 07:05 AM
This team is no longer scarred by the travesty that was the 2006 Finals. Kidd has changed this teams' mentality... Dirk's performed excellent in the playoffs... Howard seems too dumb to give a shit... Dampier seems too indifferent period... as for JET, well the JET hasn't been quite the same in these past few years come playoff time... but I think it's age/lack of size more so than being mentally scarred by having a ring robbed from him.

mystargtr34
12-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Definately Boston IMO.

Kamnik
12-12-2009, 08:55 AM
With Lakers completely healthy it is extremely hard to beat them in a 7 game series.

The only 2 teams that can do it (if also completely healthy) are Celtics and Spurs. (NO, Orlando or Cleveland have no chance in hell)

wireonfire
12-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Houston, with Tmac coming back and Yao joining them by playoff time. :lol

LOL@MavsFan
12-12-2009, 09:12 AM

San Anto, guey....

LOL@MavsFan
12-12-2009, 09:13 AM
This team is no longer scarred by the travesty that was the 2006 Finals. Kidd has changed this teams' mentality... Dirk's performed excellent in the playoffs... Howard seems too dumb to give a shit... Dampier seems too indifferent period... as for JET, well the JET hasn't been quite the same in these past few years come playoff time... but I think it's age/lack of size more so than being mentally scarred by having a ring robbed from him.:wakeup

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
LOL @ Mavs fan...I hope you are kidding.

carib
12-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Celtics, Magic > Lakers

who is the lady in the picture

Venti Quattro
12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Orlando is not a legit contender to the Lakers unless Dwight improves his post game.

ginobili's bald spot
12-12-2009, 06:27 PM

Nuggets don't have a very good coach.

Thank you. I have no idea how that became the trendy pick to beat the Lakers. We have always owned Denver.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 06:46 PM
The only team with a real shot at beating LA in the playoffs right now as it stands is the Celtics.

If Dallas can turn Dampier's contract into a complete SG who plays on both ends of the court (don't ask me who) to fill the major hole they have at that position and then get Dampier back via buyout, they have a small chance.

Orlando will only be worse against them this year now that Bynum is fully healthy and IMO will either neutralize or even get the better of Howard in that series. Maybe a healthy Nelson (assuming he is healthy by then) helps Orlando since Fisher can't defend Nelson, I just don't see it.

If Denver were to fire George Karl, hire Pat Riley and get a big man capable of getting his own shot, then they'd be able to compete. Not that that's ever happening. As BostonGuy said mental fortitude is just as much of an issue for Denver when they play LA.

Cleveland would need to make so many improvements to compete with LA it's not worth mentioning.

pauls931
12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree... Orlando is not showing the improvement they should have, mainly Howard. He needs to give them some inside scoring to free up the shooters. He can't even spin or drive around defenders like Amare. Thank goodness he can play some D.

I can't figure out the celts, is Wallace behaving himself recently not killing them with missed 3s?

badfish22
12-12-2009, 06:51 PM
If Dallas can turn Dampier's contract into a complete SG who plays on both ends of the court (don't ask me who) to fill the major hole they have at that position and then get Dampier back via buyout, they have a small chance.

You saw Josh Howard play like one on Tuesday.

Xylus
12-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Amare gets timid when he gets into foul trouble, but he's been an underrated defender this year. Opposing bigs who attack his defense aren't having the same luck they've had in recent years. Channing Frye is the one getting killed by the opposition, not Amare.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 06:53 PM
You saw Josh Howard play like one on Tuesday.

We both know the kind of player J-Ho turns into in the playoffs against any team besides the Spurs. Congrats to him for having a good night against Jason Richardson.

pauls931
12-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Amare gets timid when he gets into foul trouble, but he's been an underrated defender this year. Opposing bigs who attack his defense aren't having the same luck they've had in recent years. Channing Frye is the one getting killed by the opposition, not Amare.

He needs to work on it, but he's a foul magnet, just a couple orders of magnitude better than clown boy.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 06:54 PM

This. His rebounding still sucks, but his defense has gotten better.

badfish22
12-12-2009, 06:55 PM
We both know the kind of player J-Ho turns into in the playoffs against any team besides the Spurs. Congrats to him for having a good night against Jason Richardson.

He was playing good in last years playoffs on one good ankle, that is until he sprained the other ankle.

Xylus
12-12-2009, 06:56 PM
This. His rebounding still sucks, but his defense has gotten better.

Yeah, his rebounding is lights on/lights off. You never know if he's going to grab 13 rebounds or 3.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 07:00 PM
One thing Amare doesn't get credit for is being 8-1 against Howard and 7-1 against Bosh. Neither one of those players are a whole lot better than Amare so the people who think the Suns would be sooooo much better with Bosh or Howard (and there are a lot of them) are retarded.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 07:01 PM
He was playing good in last years playoffs on one good ankle, that is until he sprained the other ankle.

I said a team other than the Spurs. Try to read please. I don't think very many Mavs fans on this board think Howard is their long term solution at shooting guard.

Xylus
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
One thing Amare doesn't get credit for is being 8-1 against Howard and 7-1 against Bosh.

That's a pretty remarkable stat.

badfish22
12-12-2009, 07:05 PM
So he can only play well against one team, that's your argument.

Ok.

And he was playing well agaisnt Denver before he rolled his other ankle in that series.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 07:14 PM
So he can only play well against one team, that's your argument.

Ok.

And he was playing well agaisnt Denver before he rolled his other ankle in that series.

So what's your argument? If Josh Howard isn't having ankle problems he's semi-reliable? You'd be willing to take your chances on J-Ho's ankles being healthy come playoff time?

badfish22
12-12-2009, 07:17 PM
So what's your argument? If Josh Howard isn't having ankle problems he's semi-reliable? You'd be willing to take your chances on J-Ho's ankles being healthy come playoff time?

That's the problem, he has to get healthy and stay there.
But it would also be hard to trade him for a better player. So Mav fans just kinda gotta hope.

Culburn369
12-12-2009, 07:21 PM
"The Fonz" for the Nugs was similar to Howard: always teasing with the talent, but, then always just a little gimpy.

Goran Dragic
12-12-2009, 07:22 PM
That's the problem, he has to get healthy and stay there.
But it would also be hard to trade him for a better player. So Mav fans just kinda gotta hope.

I don't think I ever said they should trade Howard. Damp is the better idea since there's a good chance they could get him back via buyout.

HarlemHeat37
12-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Howard's game opens up a lot with Nelson on the team..he's their quickest player and best penetrator, which helps Howard play his game..putbacks and catching for dunks..it would obviously help if he improved his offensive game, but it is what it is..

Nelson has a huge mismatch against the Lakers..penetration is key here, and it'll help their entire team, especially with the high amount of shooters they have..

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Lakers WILL NOT win it all. Mark my words, after all this shit talking, Kobe won't win a 5th ring. The basketball gods will not allow it

Allanon
12-12-2009, 07:56 PM
3-peat or more.

Anything less is a failure.

djohn2oo8
12-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Lakers WILL NOT win it all. Mark my words, after all this shit talking, Kobe won't win a 5th ring. The basketball gods will not allow it

yeah, just look at all the shit t-long talked, and the basketball gods destroyed the blazers

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
lol t-schlong

Culburn369
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah, just look at all the shit t-long talked, and the basketball gods destroyed the blazers

Please, we beat Utah and Mutombo fell over like he was shot. Then we fart sideways and Yao is stretched out.

ginobili's bald spot
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
"Basketball gods"? This is your big hope? This is what you have been reduced to? :lmao Things must be looking pretty grim.

Culburn369
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
lol t-schlong

You got no room. Not after Florida, bub. Don't even start tonite.

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2009, 08:07 PM
"Basketball gods"? This is your big hope? This is what you have been reduced to? :lmao Things must be looking pretty grim.

hi laker douche

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2009, 08:07 PM

hi laker douche

Culburn369
12-12-2009, 08:08 PM
hi laker douche

:lol

badfish22
12-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Florida was fun last night.

ginobili's bald spot
12-12-2009, 08:09 PM
hi laker douche

:lol Did you think that up all by yourself?

lol basketball gods

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
party in miami!!!!

Ghazi
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
^ ummm Suns have no shot, their frontline would get face fuckeeeeeeeeeed.

Xylus
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
^ ummm Suns have no shot, their frontline would get face fuckeeeeeeeeeed.

Ghazi speaks the truth.

iggypop123
12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
looks like the biggest threat is making an early appearance. injuries