PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: NBA rookie roundup

duncan228
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
NBA rookie roundup (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/NBA_rookie_roundup.html)
Mike Monroe

Here’s our take on the top NBA rookies through the first quarter of the season. An outstanding 2009 draft was heavy with talented guards, but with No. 1 overall pick Blake Griffin yet to play a game, thin among big men.

Did we say thin?

The choice for All-Rookie first-team center comes down to two players who average 3.6 (Serge Ibaka) and 2.6 (Hasheem Thabeet) points per game.

Our All-Rookie team, by position:

Point guard: Tyreke Evans, Kings, 20.1 points per game, 5.0 assists

Shooting guard: Stephen Curry, Warriors, 10.9 ppg, 4.7 apg

Center: Serge Ibaka, Thunder, 3.6 ppg, 3.6 rebounds per game

Small forward: Omri Casspi, Kings, 10.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg

Power forward: DeJuan Blair, Spurs, 5.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg

ffadicted
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Can't see blair staying up there for long after griffin comes back, but very proud of his progress nonetheless!

timvp
12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Good research by Monroe. I didn't know Pop was already eligible. I'm guessing in the next year or two that he'll get in.

Chieflion
12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Good research by Monroe. I didn't know Pop was already eligible. I'm guessing in the next year or two that he'll get in.
Wrong thread, dude.

Interrohater
12-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Man, Omri Casspi is really something. Sigh, he's gonna be somebody else's Manu.

noob cake
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
NBA rookie roundup (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/NBA_rookie_roundup.html)
Mike Monroe

Here’s our take on the top NBA rookies through the first quarter of the season. An outstanding 2009 draft was heavy with talented guards, but with No. 1 overall pick Blake Griffin yet to play a game, thin among big men.

Did we say thin?

The choice for All-Rookie first-team center comes down to two players who average 3.6 (Serge Ibaka) and 2.6 (Hasheem Thabeet) points per game.

Our All-Rookie team, by position:

Point guard: Tyreke Evans, Kings, 20.1 points per game, 5.0 assists

Shooting guard: Stephen Curry, Warriors, 10.9 ppg, 4.7 apg

Center: Serge Ibaka, Thunder, 3.6 ppg, 3.6 rebounds per game

Small forward: Omri Casspi, Kings, 10.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg

Power forward: DeJuan Blair, Spurs, 5.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg

What is this garbage? Just use one of the PF's.

We all know the centers are crap; I didn't even know Serge Ibaka was a center. BJ and Thabust basically are the two centers out of this draft.

Bartleby
12-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Man, Omri Casspi is really something. Sigh, he's gonna be somebody else's Manu.

FWIW, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Spurs were really interested in him long before he was drafted.

Moving up to #23 in the draft would have been quite a hat trick, but I can live with getting Blair as the consolation prize.

Kool Bob Love
12-13-2009, 12:20 AM
http://theredzonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/brandon_jennings_milwaukee_bucks.jpg

Chieflion
12-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Just get Brandon Jennings on the list as a point guard, and shift Evans to the shooting guard. Take Stephen Curry out of the list.