PDA

View Full Version : Italy's PM Silvio Berlusconi is bloodied by attack

lefty
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I've never liked that racist fag.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8410946.stm

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been hit in the face and knocked to the ground after a political rally in Milan.
Pictures showed Mr Berlusconi, 73, with a badly cut lip and blood on his cheek and chin. A man has been arrested.
The prime minister, looking dazed, was helped to his feet by aides and put in a car. He got out and tried to climb on the car to show he was all right.
Reports suggested he had either been punched or hit with an object.
He was taken to a hospital in Milan after the attack. The Italian news agency Ansa said he was to stay under observation for 24 hours, but there was no immediate report on the extent of his injuries.
Scuffles
Mr Berlusconi had been greeting supporters in a square in Milan when the assault took place.
According to Italian newspaper, Corriere della Sera, a small group of protesters were shouting slogans and whistling during the rally.
There were reported to have been scuffles between the hecklers and security staff.
During the gathering he told supporters: "They paint me as a monster, but I don't think I am one - firstly because I am good-looking and secondly because I'm a decent chap".
The incident will prompt questions about Mr Berlusconi's security arrangements, says the BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Rome.
But he is a gregarious man who likes to mingle with crowds, he adds.
He is also a divisive figure who attracts intense loyalty from some and utter disdain from others.
Mr Berlusconi has been under pressure in recent months.
His private life has been in the spotlight, amid allegations that he slept with prostitutes, and after his wife filed for divorce.
He has dismissed accusations of ties to the Mafia, and criminal cases against him have resumed after a law giving him immunity was overturned.
A week ago tens of thousands of people attended an anti-Berlusconi rally in Rome.
Were you there? Did you witness the attack? Send your comments or pictures using the form below.

velik_m
12-13-2009, 02:31 PM
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2009/12/13/64648229_berlusconi.jpg

Findog
12-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Awesome. Well-deserved. Next up: Armed citizens storm Goldman Sachs headquarters.

symple19
12-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Awesome. Well-deserved. Next up: Armed citizens storm Goldman Sachs headquarters.

:toast

lefty
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
cqDuWdKmvCQ

Findog
12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
:toast

I whole-heartedly support armed violence against Goldman Sachs employees. I would applaud anybody who does it.

Winehole23
12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I whole-heartedly support armed violence against Goldman Sachs employees. I would applaud anybody who does it.A government partner like Goldman is likely to be well-defended. Would that impinge on your personal physical valor in this regard? Do you want to do it yourself, or do you just encourage others to?

Also, Findog, you should consider that there is no privacy online. What is a terroristic threat or cheers it on? Wino does not take this question lightly himself.

Winehole23
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
That said, duking away an old man, however powerful he be, does not strike me as a civilized or eloquent expression of popular discontent, though perhaps that is just the point.

Findog
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
A government partner like Goldman is likely to be well-defended. Would that impinge on your personal physical valor in this regard? Do you want to do it yourself, or do you just encourage others to?

I'm not going to do anything to risk going to jail, but if somebody else were crazy enough to do something like that, it would make me happy.

Also, Findog, you should consider that there is no privacy online. What is a terroristic threat or cheers it on? Wino does not take this question lightly himself

For the record I have no desire to harm anybody else, including Goldman Sachs employees. But if someone else were to do so, that would make me happy.

Winehole23
12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm not going to do anything to risk going to jail, but if somebody else were crazy enough to do something like that, it would make me happy. Oh, I get it. Emotionally, I understand. Who's gonna pay besides the US taxpayer? Really, I want to know.

For the record I have no desire to harm anybody else, including Goldman Sachs employees. But if someone else were to do so, that would make me happy.Oh, I agree. You have to be selective about the targets, though. Indiscriminate killing and terror are gauche.:hat

Findog
12-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh, I get it. Emotionally, I understand. Who's gonna pay besides the US taxpayer? Really, I want to know.

Oh, I agree. You have to be selective about the targets, though. Indiscriminate killing and terror are gauche.:hat

I think there's a big free speech difference between wishing harm on others and expressing a desire and promise to do harm to others.

I know it's a dumb and irrational sentiment, but the whole thing is infuriating. They are literally minting money with our taxpayer dollars. I feel helpless. It goes beyond ordinary corruption. It's just outrageous. It seems like the kind of thing that happens in second-world countries.

Winehole23
12-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I know it's a dumb and irrational sentiment, but the whole thing is infuriating. They are literally minting money with our taxpayer dollars. I feel helpless. It goes beyond ordinary corruption. It's just outrageous. It seems like the kind of thing that happens in second-world countries.I totally agree. We're beginning to see how the other half lives.

Our children and grandchildren may actually see it.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-14-2009, 02:06 AM
I whole-heartedly support armed violence against Goldman Sachs employees. I would applaud anybody who does it.
i went to nyc a couple of months ago and stayed in jersey city. i was 2 blocks from the sachs building.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-14-2009, 02:10 AM
man, that was a quick punch. i can't even tell how he caused so much damage.

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
man, that was a quick punch. i can't even tell how he caused so much damage.

he used a metal statue of some Italian building. :lol

that's assault with a deadly weapon around here

Slomo
12-14-2009, 04:05 PM
he used a metal statue of some Italian building. :lol

that's assault with a deadly weapon around here

yep

2 teeth
2 (3?) stitches in lip
broken nose

Have to give it to the old guy, after they pushed him in his limo he came back out and wanted to confront his attacker.

BTW Italian body guards suck - I understand that the determined nut in the crowd is almost impossible to stop, but after the attack it took them forever to react.

BTW 2 days earlier Silvio was giving a speech at a party rally and he opened with this Obama joke:
Obama, Silvio, the Pope and his assistant are on a plane. When all of the sudden all the engines blow up and the pilot just jumps out. They realize they only have 3 parachutes, so Obama takes the first one says "Because I'm the most powerful man of the world" and jumps. Silvio grabs the second and says "Because I'm the smartest man in Europe" and jumps. The Pope says "go on my son I'm old and you have your whole life ahead of you, take the last parachute", to which the assistant replies "No worries your holliness the most inteligent man in Europe jumped with my backpack".

Winehole23
12-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Zing!

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Henry Hazlitt[/SIZE]]
The whole gospel of Karl Marx can be summed up in a single sentence: Hate the man who is better off than you are. Never under any circumstances admit that his success may be due to his own efforts, to the productive contribution he has made to the whole community. Always attribute his success to the exploitation, the cheating, the more or less open robbery of others.

Never under any circumstances admit that your own failure may be owing to your own weaknesses, or that the failure of anyone else may be due to his own defects — his laziness, incompetence, improvidence, or stupidity. Never believe in the honesty or disinterestedness of anyone who disagrees with you.

This basic hatred is the heart of Marxism. This is its animating force. You can throw away the dialectical materialism, the Hegelian framework, the technical jargon, the “scientific” analysis, and millions of pretentious words, and you still have the core: the implacable hatred and envy that are the raison d’être for all the rest.

http://blog.mises.org/archives/011113.asp

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
This action is a very good picture of the current state of affairs within the European left.

Winehole23
12-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Ah. mogrovejo likes to poison the well.

A man is angry enough to kill another man; hatred of man is the core of Marxism; therefore the poster resembles a Marxist.

That's as subtle as a heart attack, mogro.

Findog
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
http://blog.mises.org/archives/011113.asp

You're an idiot. I have no problem with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or anybody else that creates jobs, has developed a product that consumers want and has amassed fantastic wealth in the process. Bully for them. I have a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM with Goldman Sachs paying out bonuses to their employees with taxpayer money. It would be one thing if Goldman Sachs were in the business of helping investors identify good investment opportunities that creates jobs, but that's not what they're doing. They get to create complex, highly-leveraged financial instruments, and then when it blows up in their faces, the US government financially backstops their failures with our money. I don't get a handout from Uncle Sam when my investment opportunities go sour or I make bad business decisions that leads to my private enterprise failing. It's socialized risk and privatized profit. Dipshit.

Findog
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Ah. mogrovejo likes to poison the well.

A man is angry enough to kill another man; hatred of man is the core of Marxism; therefore the poster resembles a Marxist.

That's as subtle as a heart attack, mogro.

He sounds like a teabagger. It takes balls or lack of brains to defend Goldman Sachs.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 06:11 PM
You're an idiot. I have no problem with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or anybody else that creates jobs, has developed a product that consumers want and has amassed fantastic wealth in the process. Bully for them. I have a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM with Goldman Sachs paying out bonuses to their employees with taxpayer money. It would be one thing if Goldman Sachs were in the business of helping investors identify good investment opportunities that creates jobs, but that's not what they're doing. They get to create complex, highly-leveraged financial instruments, and then when it blows up in their faces, the US government financially backstops their failures with our money. I don't get a handout from Uncle Sam when my investment opportunities go sour or I make bad business decisions that leads to my private enterprise failing. It's socialized risk and privatized profit. Dipshit.

If politicians robbed money from you, why are you mad with Goldman Sachs employees? You should be proposing violence against politicians.

And do you believe that Bill Gates et all never benefited from taxpayers money handled to them by politicians?

Findog
12-14-2009, 06:14 PM
If politicians robbed money from you, why are you mad with Goldman Sachs employees? You should be proposing violence against politicians.

I won't say certain things out loud or type them out on the Internet.

And do you believe that Bill Gates et all never benefited from taxpayers money handled to them by politicians?

Tell me of an instance in which Microsoft received billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars after a major business investment or consumer product of theirs failed miserably.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I won't say certain things out loud or type them out on the Internet.

Tell me of an instance in which Microsoft received billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars after a major business investment or consumer product of theirs failed miserably.

I only asked you if believe that other companies never benefited from taxpayers money handled to them by politicians.

I still don't understand why should Goldman Sachs employees pay for the fact that you were robbed by Obama, Geithner, Paulson, Pelosi and the rest of the crooks.

I can't figure out a good reason why should Goldman Sachs employees being held to a different standard than all the other people who take advantage from the politicians generosity with money that is not theirs to give.