PDA

View Full Version : Greatest "B' movies EVER!

phyzik
12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Whats your picks?

Of course, the mother of all to start out with, The Evil Dead series.

I remember going to see Army of Darkness at the dollar theaters, there was a guy with some sort of mental problem where he made fart noises during the entire movie. It was the greatest experience ever as a 12 year old :lol

My brother recently played as a random Deadite in the theatrical version in Austin. :downspin:

Yes, there is an actual Broadway show of the Evil Dead.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/06/evil-dead-the-musical-s-posters-spoof-broadway-hit.html

Bruce Campbell is the shit. :toast

u8Bi9mGv1J8

3aLLP9YpApc

UD_82kvQLkA

phyzik
12-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Basket Case!

QNbJTGNWH1s

CuckingFunt
12-14-2009, 01:32 AM
The Evil Dead series is a bit too new for me to consider it a real B movie. Same with my beloved The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

For true B movies, you have to go back to the era of Roger Corman, Russ Meyer, and Ed Wood. In my opinion. Anything later than the early- to mid-70s is, at best, an homage to a B movie.

phyzik
12-14-2009, 01:41 AM
The Evil Dead series is a bit too new for me to consider it a real B movie. Same with my beloved The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

For true B movies, you have to go back to the era of Roger Corman, Russ Meyer, and Ed Wood. In my opinion. Anything later than the early- to mid-70s is, at best, an homage to a B movie.

Well, in my book, any movie thats low budget, made by someone thats not a major player in the film industry, and is funny and/or kick-ass is a great B movie to me.

mrsmaalox
12-14-2009, 01:45 AM
1930's and 40's were the greatest, Charlie Chan and Buck Rogers!

eyeh8u
12-14-2009, 02:07 AM

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:13 AM
William Shatner + Esperanto + Horror Movie. It gets no better than that.

F77k6SQX7iQ

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:15 AM
The best thing about the Evil Dead movie is you are so sure Bruce Campbell is going to be the first one to get it.

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Inframan:

okxWjilRY3s

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Suspiria:

jAstVKNGxUI

It's awesome because it's like the last movie filmed in Technicolor. So it's like got the color of a 50's musical but with a shitload of blood and guts.

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:30 AM
The Omega Man:

X-MosmUseSY

phyzik
12-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Flash Gordon

AMEc_MiLmgw

Flying Monkey's with music from Queen, FTW!!!

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:35 AM
A Christmas Story is not Darren McGavin's best role...his best role is the Night Stalker:

U2H3xuhkZuY

Is not eve a b-movie...it's a tv movie. Best one ever. This movie and TV show used to scare the living shit out of me when I was a kid. In one episode of the show he climbs in the back of a station wagon to pour salt in the mought of a zombie then sew the zombie's mouth shut and the fucking zombie wakes up when he's lying on top of it...I'm still scarred from that shit.

phyzik
12-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Death Race 2000

7J7T1mzD8nc

Sly's first movie.

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Here's another movie that came out on TV around the same time as the Nightstalker:

Frankenstein the True Story

oX8NJVMWV7c

I think it's still the best version I have seen. He rips Jane Seymour's head off her body.

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Wp_K8prLfso

$3M budget

Awesome movie :tu

You think it's better than the Thing though?

ouZkkIsLiNg

Not sure if the Thing qualifies as a B-movie but it's a good one.

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:42 AM
Westworld:

oYvyiruWzYo

phyzik
12-14-2009, 02:43 AM
The Guyver

Way before the gay Power Rangers this guy was kicking ass. :lmao

sBxfGj-p41w

phyzik
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Killer Clowns from outer space!

B_BPcDOjJCc

I STILL love playing this movie when my friend comes over, he has a phobia of clowns. :lmao

"what are you gonna do.... knock my block off?" :lol

whottt
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Phantasm:

nJojkFFUsdo

phyzik
12-14-2009, 02:53 AM
OK, I'll try and stop after this one, I still know many more though.

The Last Dragon!

s8JDGwoMqIE

PWVhiIisH30

Sho'nuff!!!

phyzik
12-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Phantasm:

nJojkFFUsdo

Phantasm is the Shit, I especially love the 'Cuda in the movies. My Dad used to Drag race a 'Cuda back in the day that looked almost exactly like it.

ATRAIN
12-14-2009, 08:30 AM
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/44/215344.jpg

peewee's lovechild
12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Attack of The Killer Tomatoes

peewee's lovechild
12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
The Highlander

clambake
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
rustlers rhapsody

BacktoBasics
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I love this thread

TheGodfather
12-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Re-Animator

peewee's lovechild
12-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Krull!

One of the greatest movies ever made!

Bender
12-14-2009, 10:20 AM
there's lots of great B movies. I always liked this one, not really the "best" though.

http://iwatchfilm.com/content/default/english/images/movies/365873_3.jpg

also, I notice that CF is showing his/her age again :lol and speaking of Russ Meyer movies, this one is always a good one to watch:

http://miscmovies.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/beyond-the-valley-of-the-dolls.jpg

peewee's lovechild
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Village of the Damned

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Westworld:

oYvyiruWzYo

:tu :tu A good movie.

*Memo to Hollywood*

DO NOT REMAKE IT.

Thanks.

Fpoonsie
12-14-2009, 12:57 PM

*Memo to Hollywood*

DO NOT REMAKE IT.

Thanks.

LOVE this movie. Haven't seen it in YEARS.

admiralsnackbar
12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
These go together for sharing an epically inept production staff which somehow managed to accidentally craft three identically so-bad-they're-good nuggets from the slasher era:

Pieces

Don't Open 'Till Christmas

Slaughter High

All are highly, highly recommended.

Bender
12-14-2009, 01:34 PM
LOVE this movie. Haven't seen it in YEARS.
yeah, I haven't seen Westworld since forever. right after I saw panda's post, I added it to my netflix queue.

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
yeah, I haven't seen Westworld since forever. right after I saw panda's post, I added it to my netflix queue.

Damn, good idea. :D

===========================================
:bang :bang :bang:pctoss:makemyday

Warner Brothers has assigned Billy Ray (Volcano, Breach) to write the remake of the sci-fi classic “Westworld” which was originally written and directed by Michael Crichton (Jurassic Park IV) in 1973 starring Richard Benjamin, James Brolin and Yul Brynner. The story follows two guests into an adult themed futuristic theme park that is staffed entirely by lifelike robots. Unfortunately for the guests the park malfunctions, creating cold-blooded killer robots.

Quentin Tarantino was recently asked to direct the remake, but he declined.

In a recent interview with Sci-Fi Wire, Billy Ray explains “I love the basic idea of the movie, which is that our amusements can kill us,” he says. “I also think the movie provides a great platform for exploring how sometimes machines can behave like humans while humans can sometimes behave like machines.”

Stay tuned to Toxic Shock TV for the latest “Westworld” movie news and more.

http://www.shockya.com/news/2008/09/09/michael-crichtons-westworld-to-be-a-remade/

Fpoonsie
12-14-2009, 01:50 PM

*Memo to Hollywood*

DO NOT REMAKE IT.

Thanks.

Warner Brothers has assigned Billy Ray (Volcano, Breach) to write the remake of the sci-fi classic “Westworld” which was originally written and directed by Michael Crichton (Jurassic Park IV) in 1973 starring Richard Benjamin, James Brolin and Yul Brynner. The story follows two guests into an adult themed futuristic theme park that is staffed entirely by lifelike robots. Unfortunately for the guests the park malfunctions, creating cold-blooded killer robots.

In a recent interview with Sci-Fi Wire, Billy Ray explains “I love the basic idea of the movie, which is that our amusements can kill us,” he says. “I also think the movie provides a great platform for exploring how sometimes machines can behave like humans while humans can sometimes behave like machines.”

http://www.shockya.com/news/2008/09/09/michael-crichtons-westworld-to-be-a-remade/

:lmao

Didjoo actually investigate "just in case"?

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
:lmao

Didjoo actually investigate "just in case"?

You know it. :lol

Fpoonsie
12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
You know it. :lol

That's incredibly lame, though. I don't care WHO they find, NO one can Yul in that role. It's gonna be Depp/Wilder all over again.

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
That's incredibly lame, though. I don't care WHO they find, NO one can Yul in that role. It's gonna be Depp/Wilder all over again.

A sequel to Westworld, Futureworld, was filmed in 1976, with only Brynner returning from the original cast to reprise his Gunslinger character.

I don't remember that movie.^^^

Bender
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
yeah I remember Yul Brynner was a real bad ass in the original

i've seen futureworld ages ago, but I don't remember much about it. doubt it was as good as westworld.

Fpoonsie
12-14-2009, 02:04 PM
:lol

Oops. I meant to say "NO one can [top] Yul" in that role. Instead, I used "Yul" as a verb. To "yul" should mean to "be badass".

admiralsnackbar
12-14-2009, 02:05 PM
yeah I remember Yul Brynner was a real bad ass in the original

i've seen futureworld ages ago, but I don't remember much about it. doubt it was as good as westworld.

It definitely wasn't. The premise was that the Westworld people were manufacturing robots they would then send into the real world for your average world-domination purposes. As if that wasn't unbelievable enough, the audience is asked to believe Peter Fonda is capable of saving us all! :lol

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Let's watch the original trailer again. :D

oYvyiruWzYo

ORION
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Hell comes to Frog Town

whottt
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Futureworld definitely sucks. Does not belong in the same sentence as Westworld.

Crookshanks
12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't know if you can really call it a "B" movie, but I loved Tremors. Kevin Bacon was hilarious in that movie.

Slomo
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Easy Rider

in5uA5YXHIg

peewee's lovechild
12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Easy Rider is fantastic.

whottt
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Damn, good idea. :D

===========================================

Eh...I'm not so sure, they wanted to remake it in 2002 or so and there was exactly one reason they eventually did not do it then(and I've actually been following it since then)...seems the guy who wanted to play the Gunslinger, and their first choice for him...got tied up around 2002:

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/duke%20of%20edinburgh%20130507/prince_20_wenn1305201.jpg

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/schwarzenegger-backs-out-of-westworld

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER - SCHWARZENEGGER BACKS OUT OF WESTWORLD

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER has been forced to back out of starring in the remake of sci-fi thriller WESTWORLD, because he's too busy with his role as California Governor.

Schwarzenegger had planned to co-produce and appear in the movie, but it was all put aside after he walked away from California's 2003 gubernatorial election victorious.

And now the production is going ahead without the TERMINATOR star, after TARSEM SINGH, who directed JENNIFER LOPEZ's critically panned 2000 thriller THE CELL, was named as director.

Schwarzenegger has not held any discussions about involvement with the film, according to his representative SHERYL MAIN, who adds, "It's not even on the governor's radar right now. He's concentrating on the special election that's coming up in November. That is not even a blip on the screen."

Also see: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER - TERMINATOR - TARSEM SINGH - JENNIFER LOPEZ - THE CELL

I don't think it'll beat the first one but I would definitely go see it if Arnie is playing the Gunslinger. If they could keep the quality of the original but with better effects, it could work.

Westworld definitely inspired the Terminator and Brynner's portrayal of the Gunslinger definitely influenced Arnie as the Terminator..for that reason, I would like to see Arnie take a stab at it before anyone else does.

phyzik
12-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Riki-O: The Story of Ricky

The absolute most over the top martial arts movie ever.....

this is just a taste of it's greatness.

Vxd08Sp_FdI

JudynTX
12-15-2009, 03:35 PM
sixDADVVnxA