PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Clippers Game)

duncan228
12-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Post Game Quotes

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the Spurs defensive adjustments in the second half - “We held them to 34 points in the second half which is what we should do with their best player not even being out there. I was pleased with the defense and focus in the second half but was very disappointed with the second quarter.”

On the Spurs recent strong play - “We are starting to play with more of a sense of urgency. We have given up a lot of games already. There are more good teams and you are going to lose a game here and there to a good team. We are trying to get things in order and we are starting to focus better and more quickly.”

Richard Jefferson

On improving chemistry of team with off-season changes - “I think we still need a couple of quality wins against quality teams and some quality road wins. There are certain teams that we have not played that well against and as we grow and mature more I think those things will start to happen.”

Clippers Head Coach Mike Dunleavy

On the Spurs early lead - “We came out and played horribly in the first quarter. To give up 39 points in the first quarter alone really set the tone for the rest of the game. Defensively we missed a ton of coverages. We fought back and brought it within 10 points going into the half. We just shot ourselves in the foot early by missing so many easy shots.”

On the play of Spurs bench - “We could not make shots, then they had [Manu] Ginobili come in off the bench and our defense just could not contain him. Their bench came in and helped them out tremendously. We were missing pick and roll coverages about 50 percent of the time, we got beat to the baseline and then were forced to foul.”

On the Clippers' defense - “They are really tough to defend because of [Tony] Parker’s ability to change directions, but it needs to be done. He is repeatedly one of the top five players in the league with points in the paint. We didn’t play defense and we let him in the paint and he hurt our defense.”

Baron Davis

On the Clippers' overall performance - “We need to bring more energy and some more hustle. I personally need to play the way I have been playing during practice the last couple of days. It’s been tough though, I’ve been a little sick and I was getting a little tired and a little dizzy. But when you are out on the court you definitely need to do something out there.”

Al Thornton

On defending the Spurs - “I just think we need to know where their shooters are at all times and we need to locate them and stay close to them. [Tony] Parker is one of the top finishers in the league in terms of getting the ball in. They are a very experienced team and they execute really well.”

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-14-2009, 01:43 AM
and RJ..we need some quality defense from you

duncan228
12-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Duncan.

On Blair:

"He’s been improving more and more, trying to understand the game and be a big part of what we do, and we’re going to need that energy from him. He’s staying within himself, which is the best part of it. He’s not trying to do anything special. He’s just playing hard and making the plays we expect him to make."

On Bonner and the elbow:

"I try to stay away from Matty. The closer I am to Matty, the more I get hurt. He’s hit me more than one time, and I don’t think he’s ever been apologetic."

angelbelow
12-14-2009, 01:49 AM
Yea Blair looked really good tonight. He looks offensively more comfortable too.

ffadicted
12-14-2009, 02:09 AM
lol @ Duncan talking about Bonner. Gotta admit, Bonner does look out of control more often then an NBA player should

MI21
12-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Nice to see Timmy going all SpursDynasty when talking about Blair.

Manu-of-steel
12-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Nice game by blair. And lol at timmy's comment on being hit by bonner.

duncan228
12-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Bonner, on the elbow to Duncan's ear:

"Luckily, he doesn’t shoot with his ear."

Chieflion
12-14-2009, 04:23 AM
Did Pop say that the Clippers were missing their best player? Blake Griffin has not played a single NBA regular season, yet, Pop. Otherwise, good win and the players showing some humor, especially Duncan and Bonner.

greyforest
12-14-2009, 05:36 AM
anyone find the irony of the #1 draft pick being injured, and blair, undrafted due to injury risk, is now pwning clippers?

Bukefal
12-14-2009, 06:20 AM
anyone find the irony of the #1 draft pick being injured, and blair, undrafted due to injury risk, is now pwning clippers?

:lol yeah

Blair was awesome, once again.

ElNono
12-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks duncan228! :tu

Pauleta14
12-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Clippers Head Coach Mike Dunleavy

“They are really tough to defend because of [Tony] Parker’s ability to change directions, but it needs to be done. He is repeatedly one of the top five players in the league with points in the paint. We didn’t play defense and we let him in the paint and he hurt our defense.”

Al Thornton

On defending the Spurs - “I just think we need to know where their shooters are at all times and we need to locate them and stay close to them. [Tony] Parker is one of the top finishers in the league in terms of getting the ball in.

It's surprising how they talk highly about Tony with the "average" game he had...
There were maybe 5 other spurs who had a better performance yesterday!!!

Spursmania
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM

Yep, but I also think that's why Blair went crazy and almost got hurt when he fell on that last drive. He was a little too excited there.:lol

phyzik
12-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Bonner, on the elbow to Duncan's ear:

"Luckily, he doesn’t shoot with his ear."

:lol