PDA

View Full Version : Now I see why Mavs fans were so cocky.

IceColdBrewski
04-23-2005, 07:21 PM
They obviously knew something that we didn't. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
04-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I was working.

Am I to believe that Ryan Bowen is the x-factor du jour?

Kori Ellis
04-23-2005, 07:28 PM
RBowen did a decent job on Dirk but TMac actually got to guard him a lot too when Bowen was in foul trouble.

Basically though, Dirk just choked in the second half. He wasn't aggressive at all.

TMac had a great game on both ends.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Did you guys hear in the pre-game that Dampier said that they were going to try to tire out Yao early because they knew that Yao had a "medical condition" that made him tire easily?

They said that Yao and the Rockets training/medical staff denied it.

timvp
04-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Where is Mouse? When his team loses, he's gone?

Typical Mav fan.

Sack up Mouse and come tell his about your Mighty Mighty Mavs.

TwoHandJam
04-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Waaahaa!

Mavs suck as predicted. Defense wins games and you can't become a defensive team overnight.

Right now Mouse is crying Mighty Mighty tears in his beer.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't celebrate the Mavs demise so quickly. There's not going to be many halves that Dirk has one field goal. The Mavs still had a shot (down seven with a minute and a half left) in this game.

I think this is a long series.

mookie2001
04-23-2005, 07:37 PM
its just a shame that whoever wins will be the most overhyped second round teams of all time

Dre_7
04-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, just for then the fun of it:

The Mavs season is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TurqHardConec/Cloud.jpg

TwoHandJam
04-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't celebrate the Mavs demise so quickly. There's not going to be many halves that Dirk has one field goal. The Mavs still had a shot (down seven with a minute and a half left) in this game.

I think this is a long series.
Yeah, I don't think it's over for the Mavs yet either but I agree with you Kori that it should be a long series. Good news for us regardless who wins. I sorta hope Houston does so they can take out the Suns for us too. :hat

timvp
04-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, just for then the fun of it:

The Mavs season is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TurqHardConec/Cloud.jpg

:lol

Where is Mighty Mighty Mouse? After the Mavs lose there first game of the series, we can't find a Maverick fan.

ladiesman
04-23-2005, 07:55 PM
They are still a perimeter team... Houston seems to have the edge inside... If they manage to slow the game down, they will win that series.... Great tank job by Dirk.... I guess he really misses Nash.

Dre_7
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Where is Mighty Mighty Mouse? After the Mavs lose there first game of the series, we can't find a Maverick fan.

He'll be back if the Mavs win.

boutons
04-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I think a huge contribution came from Mike James. 16 pts, 50+ FG%, and he hit some tough, big shots in the 2nd half.

And Deke is an excellent backup for Yao, who really sucked. I really thought Deke was done in the 03 Finals, but damn, HE'S BACK!!

Mr. Body
04-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Said before the game I'd rather have Mike James over either Stackhouse or Van Horn. Maybe even both.

Also said Dirk is a Charmin superstar who shoots many fadeaway jumpers and hates to take it inside, even nowadays, and McGrady would ring his clock.

Dallas = soft, soft, soft.

Even with a huge free throw discrepancy, they couldn't get it done. Might still be a long series, but this has to be a wake-up call.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2005, 08:30 PM
It's hard for me to be excited about this (other than being able to talk smack at the office Monday).

Houston's gonna pick up some serious momentum from rolling their asses, and Houston's the one team that can beat us in the West.

boutons
04-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Jeff is really proving his worth. Losing Juwan was big, but Jeff has responded and Rockets are not looking very depleted by Juwan's absence. I guess when you have everybody buying into the coach's system, loss of a non-superstar but key starter like Juwan is NOT a hole below the waterline.

We'll see how AJ and his boys respond to blowing HCA.

maxpower
04-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Mouse may be unloading the Bandwagon...or searching for the next set of coattails to jump on.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Just remember -- if you're burying the Mavs here and *ahem* somethin' should happen (and I hope it doesn't), don't get all bent out of shape if you take some back.

I think reports of the Mavericks demise might be somewhat exaggerated.

T Park
04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
I dont.

I called the Rockets in 6 before the series started.

Dre_7
04-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah I had the Rockets too.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2005, 01:38 AM
I'll believe the Rockettes and T-Mac can close out a series when I see it.

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2005, 01:41 AM
I for one am not burying the Mavs just yet. Just wanted to remind some Mavs fans about how cocky they were before today.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-24-2005, 02:00 AM
We should all pitch in and get Mouse some new bandwagon gear.

http://images.hatworld.com/product/11/20030725/1_640.jpg

san antonio spurs
04-24-2005, 02:14 AM
spurs lost to the PHX in 2003 and went to win it all,
just dont try to be smart asses, and let the mavs take control of that series,
I want to destroy them in the WCF like we did in 2003,and see what mouse has to say about it
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

baseline bum
04-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Big difference. The Spurs lost on a couple of crazy three point shots. They weren't run out of their own gym in game 1 like _allas was.

polandprzem
04-24-2005, 05:41 AM

He is just under that "Over" word on this phot

ManuTastic
04-24-2005, 08:15 AM
I watched the game. Mike James was the main reason, other than TMac, why Rockets won. In 2nd half James was taking it on himself to make stuff happen, got some great takes to the hoop, and made some very tough shots go. And then TMac was crazy. TMac reminds me a lot of Gervin: lanky with anywhere-on-the-floor scoring skills and an insane shooting touch.
The only thing I like about Dallas is the fact that AJ is coach and has to talk to the press more. I need to check NBA tv and see if they had a postgame conference with him. Best Accent Ever.

Rummpd
04-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Not a bad day, Pooh and Mouse owned.

SpursWoman
04-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Someone go check mouse's shower rod. :fro

boutons
04-24-2005, 09:15 AM
"mouse's shower rod"

Best usage is up his @ss, along with Van Horn's head.

gay abc
04-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Someone go check mouse's shower rod. :fro

he'll be fine - i got him some :smokin

smeagol
04-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Mouse, c'mon man, I thought you that aside from being a rodent, you were a man. But since yesterday's loss you proved me wrong.

After your mighty mighty Mavs beat a Duncan-less Spurs team, you and all your screen names hijacked every single thread in this board with you "Mavs will win it all" nonsense.

The Mavs get schooled in their own gym by the Rockets and you are nowhere to be found.

Even LakerFans post hear after their losses.

Sad.

ca®lo
04-24-2005, 11:55 AM
looks like the mighty mighty mavs got mighty mighty pounced. hehe :)

td4mvp21
04-24-2005, 01:25 PM
The Mavericks series is not over. I will only believe that the Rockets will win it when they actually do. But I am shocked at how Mouse is no where to be found after all his trash talking about how his teams win against a Duncan less Spurs proves that the Mavericks will win a championship.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-24-2005, 03:45 PM
I am shocked at how Mouse is no where to be found after all his trash talking about how his teams win against a Duncan less Spurs proves that the Mavericks will win a championship.

In all fairness it isn't just Mouse, it's ALL of the Mavs fans, they are nowhere to be found. Oh well enjoy the silence, oh and that goes for a few Pacer fans we know as well. Following that lets not forget the MIA's i.e. Wolves 009 (where you at bro? oh yeah fishing :lol )

Obstructed_View
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
In the short time I've spent reading this forum I see very few fans of other teams that are here to do anything but troll. Having lived in Dallas for ten years, there are very few Mavericks fans that are actually fans. Most of them don't even remember when Jason Kidd played here.

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Wanna really confuse em??

Ask em about James DOnaldson, Brad Davis, Terry Davis, Mike Izzulino, Doug Smith, Hubert Davis.

adidas11
04-24-2005, 04:47 PM
It's still a long series folks, and I wouldn't expect Dirk to play that poorly every game.

I still see the Mavericks in 6, but let's wait and see what happens.

GrandeDavid
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Mouse, you are an absolute tool and a fool for not stepping into this thread. Dude, you suck. I'm so disappointed in you and do not ever want to read another NBA-related take from you again. Unless you step your punk ass up and defend your Mavs.

T Park
04-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Screw you nugget fan!!! ;)

Just kiddin Grande.

WHEN YOU COMIN HERE FOR A PLAYOFF GAME DAMNT!?!?!??

adrienne
04-24-2005, 06:55 PM
No excuses, they got outplayed. The series isn't over yet, though.

rwb
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
I'd rather the Spurs play the Mavs rather than the Rockets, with one exeption...I can't STAND Mark Cuban. Why oh why does network TV think we care about his reaction to every play? At least if they'll continue to train the camera on Eva Longoria we can show the Spurs have something better to look at.

mouse
04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Sorry I was without AOL for a day or two, But I was able to get on line at a PC here at the apartments, and as you can see from the date of my topic I was giving the Rockets their props minutes after game one.

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004550