Pages : [1] 2

2Cleva
12-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Lakers Blog
Round-the-Clock Purple and Gold
written by the Kamenetzky brothers.

Gregg Popovich on the Pau Gasol deal
December 13, 2009 | 7:21 pm

We had a fun exchange with Gregg Popovich tonight at Staples ahead of San Antonio's tussle with the Clippers (yes, we do attend LAC games from time to time), when the subject of the Pau Gasol trade came up. "You mean the one where I fainted?" he asked with a smile.

Pop, no surprise, still sees that deal as a watershed. "Pau Gasol changed the landscape of basketball in the NBA, as far as the west is concerned, and championship caliber basketball. He's a great player, perhaps the most versatile big man in the league right now, and it makes them really, really good."

Andy then asked him if the development of Pau's lil' bro in Memphis makes the deal perhaps a little less lopsided. Marc has, after all, become a very good NBA player down in Memphis, and is still very early in his career. Maybe, just maybe, it was a more equitable swap than he originally thought?

"Please," he said with a sarcastic eye roll. "Please."

From his perspective, it doesn't really matter how good Marc becomes, since he's concerned about winning titles, not the rebuilding effort in Memphis. Thus anything that creates a dominant team in LA will seem disproportional. But it does drive home how Pau's presence turned an already quality Lakers team into something truly feared around the league. It's hard to think of another deal that, as Popovich says, "changed the landscape... in the NBA." Not just because of what it did for the Lakers, but how it affected the way other teams operated around them, their moves, and so on.

BK

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/12/gregg-popovich-on-the-pau-gasol-deal-.html

Bitching about the Gasol deal always makes me warm inside and puts a smile on my face.

:hat

jag
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
B "Pau Gasol changed the landscape of basketball in the NBA, as far as the west is concerned, and championship caliber basketball. He's a great player, perhaps the most versatile big man in the league right now, and it makes them really, really good."

que the Dirk lobby

JamStone
12-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Followed by the Matt Bonner contingent

jag
12-14-2009, 10:29 AM
versatile

http://i38.tinypic.com/10z1m51.gif

Ghazi
12-14-2009, 10:31 AM
que the Dirk lobby

Dirk's the better player, but I think Gasol has a case has "more versatile", subject to interpretation of versatility.

Mike D
12-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Andy then asked him if the development of Pau's lil' bro in Memphis makes the deal perhaps a little less lopsided. Marc has, after all, become a very good NBA player down in Memphis, and is still very early in his career. Maybe, just maybe, it was a more equitable swap than he originally thought?

"Please," he said with a sarcastic eye roll. "Please."

From his perspective, it doesn't really matter how good Marc becomes, since he's concerned about winning titles, not the rebuilding effort in Memphis. Thus anything that creates a dominant team in LA will seem disproportional.

So a trade that over time shows to be a fair one, or at least more fair than originally thought, is not okay should it put one of the teams over the top? By this same logic, where does this put the Ray Allen for a draft pick deal? KG for some youngsters?

Any deal that elevates a team to elite status should be null and void, only trades that ensure mediocrity permitted-- got it.

resistanze
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nba-logo.jpg
Collusion.

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2009, 11:03 AM
So a trade that over time shows to be a fair one, or at least more fair than originally thought, is not okay should it put one of the teams over the top? By this same logic, where does this put the Ray Allen for a draft pick deal? KG for some youngsters?

Any deal that elevates a team to elite status should be null and void, only trades that ensure mediocrity permitted-- got it.

I don't think Popovich has ever ACTUALLY advocated for invalidating the Gasol deal or any such thing. In its immediate aftermath, there was the famous Pop lobbying for a trade committee soundbite, but what's never been fully understood about that quote is that it was 100% smartass Popovich. How a guy who has drawn disdain for his dry wit and smartassedness in responding to stupid (or unanswerable) questions can be taken seriously about something like that has never made any sense to me.

Yeah, the deal made things tougher for his team (and for almost everyone else), but it would be entirely unlike Popovich to whine about his team facing a difficult challenge or to complain that third parties had treated his team unfairly. It's not as if he's ever called the officiating of a playoff game "ridiculous" in a post-game press conference or anything like that.

monosylab1k
12-14-2009, 11:13 AM
By this same logic, where does this put the Ray Allen for a draft pick deal? KG for some youngsters?

The Ray Allen trade is legit - top 5 picks are a valuable commodity in the NBA.

The KG trade is slightly dubious but at least the Celtics gave up something of proven value in the NBA in Al Jefferson. They didn't give up the biggest bust of the past decade along with an unproven second round pick and some other bullshit.

The Gasol trade was 100% collusion, which cannot be said about the Allen or KG trades. But there's no point bitching about it now, what's done is done.

Chieflion
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I am sure Popovich is not the only one associated with the NBA bitter about the trade. Although he was the only one with enough balls to criticize it.

jag
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I am sure Popovich is not the only one associated with the NBA bitter about the trade. Although he was the only one with enough balls to criticize it.

The comments he made were tongue in cheek...obviously you missed that part.

Killakobe81
12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't think Popovich has ever ACTUALLY advocated for invalidating the Gasol deal or any such thing. In its immediate aftermath, there was the famous Pop lobbying for a trade committee soundbite, but what's never been fully understood about that quote is that it was 100% smartass Popovich. How a guy who has drawn disdain for his dry wit and smartassedness in responding to stupid (or unanswerable) questions can be taken seriously about something like that has never made any sense to me.

Yeah, the deal made things tougher for his team (and for almost everyone else), but it would be entirely unlike Popovich to whine about his team facing a difficult challenge or to complain that third parties had treated his team unfairly. It's not as if he's ever called the officiating of a playoff game "ridiculous" in a post-game press conference or anything like that.

Agree completely. Love pop and his wit ...some L.A. guys asked him the question he answered it's not like he still bemoaning (if he ever was serious)
Pop is one of the best NBa coaches yall lucky to have him would take him in La when Phil leaves...

Chieflion
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
The comments he made were tongue in cheek...obviously you missed that part.
No one knows what is in Pop's mind.

lefty
12-14-2009, 11:47 AM
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/12/gregg-popovich-on-the-pau-gasol-deal-.html

Bitching about the Gasol deal always makes me warm inside and puts a smile on my face.

I didn't get the bitching part.

Are you fucking retarded?

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
The KG trade is slightly dubious but at least the Celtics gave up something of proven value in the NBA in Al Jefferson. They didn't give up the biggest bust of the past decade along with an unproven second round pick and some other bullshit.

Cap space, stupid. Proven = best player in Europe at the time.

What did Jefferson prove? That he couldn't play a lick of defense and could fill the box score on one of the worst teams in the league.

jag
12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
No one knows what is in Pop's mind.

I think he, along with most people, agree that it appeared shady. But bitching about it doesn't get you anywhere...and i think he knows that. He's never been that type. At the time, Gasol made the Lakers a potential powerhouse, but there's no reason to genuinely call for a trade committee. It's pop's style to make comments like that...he realizes it's ridiculous. But he gave a ridiculous answer in response to a ridiculous question.

lefty
12-14-2009, 11:52 AM
It was a collusion trade, so what?

It is what it is, and you have to beat the Lakers on the floor

jag
12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
It was a collusion trade, so what?

It is what it is, and you have to beat the Lakers on the floor

That's the thing, though...where was the collusion? Who exactly colluded?

Don't teams "collude" all the time? Didn't the Spurs collude with the Sonics to get Barry back?? He was traded and waived the very next day.

I agree that when it comes down to it, you have to beat those bastards on the floor.

Mike D
12-14-2009, 12:12 PM
The Ray Allen trade is legit - top 5 picks are a valuable commodity in the NBA.

The Gasol trade was 100% collusion, which cannot be said about the Allen or KG trades. But there's no point bitching about it now, what's done is done.

Yes, a top 5 pick is a valuable commodity, I did/do not dispute that. What I did say is that Ray Allen elevated the Celtics to another tier, one of legitimate contender, whereas a top 5 pick does not likely help win a title and elevate you to contender status like a bonafied all-star SG does.

From his perspective, it doesn't really matter how good Marc becomes, since he's concerned about winning titles..

The Lakers gave up capspaceKwame, Euroleague MVP Marc Gasol, Crittenton (a 17th overall pick who had excelled in summer league), and 2 future first rouders. Marc Gasol had proven worth, to what worth you compare it to Jefferson's worth is debatable. To sum up, that is 3 first round picks + a young but Euroleague MVP center + $9million in expiring money.

namlook
12-14-2009, 12:12 PM
The Gasol trade was 100% collusion, which cannot be said about the Allen or KG trades.

The KG trade where McHale traded KG to his Celtic teammate he played with for years? That has by far the most suspicion for collusion. The Lakers offered the Wolves Bynum and Odom plus picks for KG. That was a better deal than what the Celtics offered.

What would you call the Jefferson trade then? That trade was even more lopsided than the Gasol trade. At least the Grizz got a good young center out of it. What did the Bucks get for an all-star caliber player?

Pero
12-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Cap space, stupid. Proven = best player in Europe at the time. .

Marc Gasol best player in Europe?

:lmao

Pero
12-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Euroleague MVP center

You must be smoking some powerful shit. Or I missed something. This is the first time I'm hearing Gasol was MVP of Euroleague.

Mike D
12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
You must be smoking some powerful shit. Or I missed something. This is the first time I'm hearing Gasol was MVP of Euroleague.

My error, ACB League MVP.

He originally played with FC Barcelona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona_B%C3%A0squet) before moving to Akasvayu Girona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_Girona), where he played two seasons and was named the 2008 ACB Most Valuable Player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Gasol

:guin

alchemist
12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I didn't get the bitching part.

Are you fucking retarded?
well he is "2Cleva" :toast

ImmortalD24
12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
hc4dQtXd8ns

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin :whine

lefty
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
That's the thing, though...where was the collusion? Who exactly colluded?

Don't teams "collude" all the time? Didn't the Spurs collude with the Sonics to get Barry back?? He was traded and waived the very next day.

I agree that when it comes down to it, you have to beat those bastards on the floor.
At least Sonics got something in return

But Jerry West gave Gasol for nothing

lefty
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
hc4dQtXd8ns

If you give credibility to Jim Rome, then you are pretty retarded :lmao

He is one of the worst sport show hosts.

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
hc4dQtXd8ns

Even Rome didn't get that Pop's inherently a smartass.

What was he going to say back then when asked about the Gasol trade? It was stupid question when asked and, in Pop Speak, warranted a smart assed answer. That so many people took him at face value on that is a testament to how gullible some people really are. It's not like Popovich and his smartassed responses to stupid questions was unknown to the sports world.

lefty
12-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Pop is sarcastic by nature, and he was being sarcastic.

That shows that Jime Rome is an insecure Laker fan

Indazone
12-14-2009, 01:04 PM
"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension. There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense."

—NBA coach Gregg Popovich

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Stings, don't it?

Tougheth lucketh.

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Stings, don't it?

Tougheth lucketh.

What was your favorite team before the Gasol trade?

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:09 PM
There goes Will again, asking me a legit question.

Go pound salt, turdhound.

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I can't answer Will's question since it wasn't the Lakers, it was actually the Suns

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Back to that tact, eh.

lmcontrollinao!

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
What was your favorite team before the Gasol trade?

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
lmcontrollinao!

lefty
12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension. There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense."

—NBA coach Gregg Popovich
Cynism

blink
12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
lol @ lakers fans that try and defend the gasol trade. dont even attempt to justify it, just enjoy that you got.

Muser
12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes! Another Gasol collusion thread!

Trainwreck2100
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM

What you highlighted wasn't even a direct quote, it was the author's opinion and it was pretty unfounded. I'm surprised they put that in there

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
lol @ lakers fans that try and defend the gasol trade. dont even attempt to justify it, just enjoy that you got.

Like the Mychal Thompson trade back in the 80's. Bird & the Celtics about had a shit fit. And they was right. We rang.:rollin

pauls931
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
LOL, even pop admits the trade f'd up the west. And yes, I think the KG trade is crap too.... Al who? Oh that poor bastard in that black hole...

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
At least Pop got a clean clock outta Rome.

Indazone
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
yeah, they should make some dumbass trade to us. Give us Al Jefferson for some Jellybeans and box of trojans.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
:lobt: inc :lobt2:
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/pau-gasol.jpg

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
CRY MORE you little fucking bitches.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey guys let's whine about San Antonio blatantly tanking for Tim Duncan. Look at my classy franchise!

JamStone
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Pop is definitely a sarcastic guy so comments like these have to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, I don't think Pop is all that bitter about the Gasol trade. I think he's more bitter about the fact that when the Spurs made a lopsided trade to get Richard Jefferson, it appeared they still got screwed.

pauls931
yeah, they should make some dumbass trade to us. Give us Al Jefferson for some Jellybeans and box of trojans.

I can do better Dwight Howard for Robin Lopez and a cactus. (I bet the cactus doesn't get dunked on)

21_Blessings
lol Jefferson for Bowen\Thomas's corpse and Oberto lol

Muser
12-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey guys let's whine about San Antonio blatantly tanking for Tim Duncan. Look at my classy franchise!

:toast

Trainwreck2100
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Pop is definitely a sarcastic guy so comments like these have to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, I don't think Pop is all that bitter about the Gasol trade. I think he's more bitter about the fact that when the Spurs made a lopsided trade to get Richard Jefferson, it appeared they still got screwed.

it wasn't lopsided, they traded crap for crap.

ginobili's bald spot
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM
LOL, even pop admits the trade f'd up the west. And yes, I think the KG trade is crap too.... Al who? Oh that poor bastard in that black hole...

EVEN?

That really surprises you? That's like saying even McCain didn't vote for Obama. Of fucking course he's gonna bitch about it. He had the most to lose. And he's been bitching about it since the second it happened.

JamStone
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
it wasn't lopsided, they traded crap for crap.

:nope

LMAO hindsight is 20/20. I'm not a newbie. I know what the Spurs section of this messageboard was like after the Spurs traded for RJ. And, I remember Pop's comments saying if he couldn't win with this squad, he should be fired. It's easy to rewrite sentiments well after the fact.

Pero
12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
CRY MORE you little fucking bitches.

LOL lakerfan starting this thread.
LOL lakerfan crying about crying.

:rolleyes

Muser
12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
:nope

LMAO hindsight is 20/20. I'm not a newbie. I know what the Spurs section of this messageboard was like after the Spurs traded for RJ. And, I remember Pop's comments saying if he couldn't win with this squad, he should be fired. It's easy to rewrite sentiments well after the fact.

And the Spurs fans with any intelligence are still excited.

Culburn369
Uh, Jammie, just remember who's your landlord in that room you call home down the way.

hater

how is that bitching dumbass? he is answering a question from the reporter

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
how is that bitching dumbass? he is answering a question from the reporter

He wants veto power on trades.

tee, hee.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Uh, Jammie, just remember who's your landlord in that room you call home down the way.

More like a basement.

JamStone
12-14-2009, 02:05 PM

More like a basement.

Poor homeless people...

HarlemHeat37
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM
It's an obvious statement..pretty much the only people that don't believe it's collusion are Laker fans and fans that don't want to believe that their favorite league has shit like this going on behind the scenes..

the NBA is entertainment, like TV and movies..this was a smart move on their part, and that's what happens when the golden rapist starts crying and asking out..

the sad part is that the media is too in love with the Lakers to ever question this move, and most of the people involved in the NBA wouldn't dare risk a major fine or upsetting Stern..

pauls931
12-14-2009, 02:13 PM
It's an obvious statement..pretty much the only people that don't believe it's collusion are Laker fans and fans that don't want to believe that their favorite league has shit like this going on behind the scenes..

the NBA is entertainment, like TV and movies..this was a smart move on their part, and that's what happens when the golden rapist starts crying and asking out..

Gotta keep the LA vs Boston thing going. They tried hard to knock out Orlando, but not quite last year.

Ghazi
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
if the Mavs got a gift "gasol like" trade I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

therefore even if it was collusion, i cant complain... we're still beatin them in the WCF regardless.

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 02:35 PM
It is not only collusion, it is plain cheating. This particular team's championships unfortunately will all carry a big * in the history books.

Years from now ppl will remember them as the "cheatin lakers" , "remember the cheatin lakers? they used to have a rapist at SG"

I personally would be ashamed to be called a Lakerfan these days.

duncan228
12-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Popovich Bares His True Sarcastic Soul (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-popovichbareshistrue&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

We always hear that Gregg Popovich and the Spurs are closet comedians. That’s certainly borne out by their HEB ads (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLYJpgrZCBk), but there’s no truth in advertising. If you want to find the real Spurs humor, you have to look a little closer to the team’s personality as we know it: dry, deadpan and just this side of snide.

Usually, the team keeps its funnies to itself. But when you catch them making funny out in the open, it’s always big news. Case in point: what happened when Lakers Blog (http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/12/gregg-popovich-on-the-pau-gasol-deal-.html) brought up the Gasol trade with Pop. His whip-smart response: "You mean the one where I fainted?"

Going further, he got a little jab in at anyone, most likely Lakers fans, trying to claim they didn’t fleece the Grizzlies. Because then everyone who likes another team would insist the league is rigged and second-guess last year’s title … anyway, it gets ugly fast. Pop, for his part, doesn’t mind adding a little fuel to the fire:

Andy [Kamenetzky] then asked him if the development of Pau’s lil’ bro in Memphis makes the deal perhaps a little less lopsided. Marc has, after all, become a very good NBA player down in Memphis, and is still very early in his career. Maybe, just maybe, it was a more equitable swap than he originally thought? "Please," he said with a sarcastic eye roll. "Please."

From his perspective, it doesn’t really matter how good Marc becomes, since he’s concerned about winning titles, not the rebuilding effort in Memphis. Thus anything that creates a dominant team in LA will seem disproportional.

In the same way that Duncan’s gradually shedding the "boring and blank" label and is getting recognized as a profoundly skilled player who operates with breathless efficiency, Popovich is on the verge of becoming a real cult hero.

Maybe it has something to do with the Spurs so undeniably constituting some kind of dynasty. And, with that, Duncan belonging way up there with the greats and Pop warranting consideration in the "best coaches" category. All both need is a little bit more re-branding. The intensely private Timmy will likely wait a while, but I can tell Popovich is just chomping at the bit to write a book that shows the real Spurs. If you hear me, Coach, I’ll be waiting by the phone.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 02:42 PM

The Mavs pounding your pootie 4-1 trumps our shame.

tee, hee.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey, 228, did you clear #67 with Kori afore lodging?

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
The Mavs pounding your pootie 4-1 trumps our shame.

tee, hee.

at least we didn't cheat

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
It is not only collusion, it is plain cheating. This particular team's championships unfortunately will all carry a big * in the history books.

Years from now ppl will remember them as the "cheatin lakers" , "remember the cheatin lakers? they used to have a rapist at SG"

You are one stupid mutherfucker.

TheMACHINE
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
At least Sonics got something in return

But Jerry West gave Gasol for nothing

thats exactly what the Grizzlies wanted...nothing.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Marc Gasol is not nothing.

TheMACHINE
12-14-2009, 02:56 PM
at least we didn't cheat

yah cuz tanking a season is much more honarable.

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 02:57 PM

he was nothing back then, same as dragic is now

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 02:58 PM

every team tanks. only lakers cheat

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 02:59 PM

Not nearly as honorable as whining about injuries and refs as much as Spurfan does.

ginobili's bald spot
12-14-2009, 03:05 PM

This dude is MAD! :lmao Spurfan really lets this stuff get to them.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
every team tanks.

Every team does not use a 4-6 week injury as an excuse to sit their best player out for an entire season in order to get a good draft pick.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Euro league MVP + Pau's DNA is not nothing.

Chris Wallace came out the day or the day after the trade and said Marc was an important piece to the trade.

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
This dude is MAD! :lmao Spurfan really lets this stuff get to them.

truth hurts huh?

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Euro league MVP + Pau's DNA is not nothing.

Chris Wallace came out the day or the day after the trade and said Marc was an important piece to the trade.

LMAO Euroleague

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Does the fact appoximately 1/4th of Grizzlies season ticket holders were threatening to not renew if Pau wasn't traded matter at all, or is that just something not worth mentioning?

hater
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Does the fact appoximately 1/4th of Grizzlies season ticket holders were threatening to not renew if Pau wasn't traded matter at all, or is that just something not worth mentioning?

So those ticket holders must have been excstatic to see Kwame Brown in a grizzly uniform

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
So those ticket holders must have been excstatic to see Kwame Brown in a grizzly uniform

Thanks for answering my question.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Hey nkdlunch, if that's you in your avatar, it explains a lot about your intelligence Spurs/Yankees fan.

nkdlunch
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey nkdlunch, if that's you in your avatar, it explains a lot about your intelligence Spurs/Yankees fan.

As your avatar explains a lot about you as well. :lol

21_Blessings

Pau wanted out. He quit on the Grizzlies and barely even attempted to play defense. It was mutual.

The Grizz were trying to trade Pau for over a year. Teams were hesitant because he began to look injury prone + huge deal. The Chicago trade never went down because the Bulls were trying to pawn off Ben Gordan instead of Deng.

Fact remains there have been many, many worse trades made in the NBA. I know it hurts. But the trade worked out for the Grizz. Collusion stuff = bitter fucking championshipless tears

:bking

Goran Dragic
As your avatar explains a lot about you as well. :lol

lol bandwagon Yankees/Spurs fan.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:17 PM
How do you become a Yankees and Spurs fan?

hater
Fact remains there have been many, many worse trades made in the NBA. I know it hurts. But the trade worked out for the Grizz. Collusion stuff = bitter fucking championshipless tears

:bking

care to name a few?

ginobili's bald spot
truth hurts huh?

:lol Spurfan loves to project.

What exactly do I have to be hurt about? :lmao Yes I'm so hurt about the lakers being the best. I wish they could be more like the Spurs and struggling to make the playoffs. Oh please make the pain go away.

Common sense would indicate that the little bitch who's crying about cheating is the butthurt one. The bitch who's fantasizing about how in the future everyone is going to call the lakers cehaters. :lmao THATS what butthurt looks like.

hater
12-14-2009, 03:19 PM
good job trollin nkdlunch.

based on the responses, it's obvious this is a most sensitive subject for lakerfan

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 03:19 PM
care to name a few?

KG trade for one. Marc Gasol + 2010 cap space > Al "zach randolph" Jefferson.

Barkley to Suns? Billups for AI's contract?

I can go on.

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:20 PM
How do you become a Yankees and Spurs fan?

Ask HarlemHeat how he became a Spurfan from New York. I bet it's a fascinating story.

Goran Dragic

I think you're stretching on this one.

hater

Barkley to Suns? Billups for AI's contract?

I can go on.

Fail. those are not worse trades than Kwame for a perenial allstar bigman Gasol

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Fail. those are not worse trades than Kwame for a perenial allstar bigman Gasol

They didn't trade for Kwame.

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM

No.

I can go on.

No you can't.

Trainwreck2100
12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
yes he is

do not speak of Steve Magic Stockton Dragic that way

hater
12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Ask HarlemHeat how he became a Spurfan from New York. I bet it's a fascinating story.

but not as fascinating as a spurstalk poster named Goran Dragic, or JJhickinson for that matter. sound like both are your trolls.

weebo
12-14-2009, 03:24 PM
The reason collusion is even brought up is because, at the time, no other team was given a real opportunity to trade for Pau. Plus other teams were willing to give Memphis more than what they got from the Lakers. Add to that West's close ties to the Lakers and Buss and things get real fishy.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 03:24 PM
I think you're stretching on this one.

How so? Jefferson's a terrible defender. Doesn't score efficiently. Puts up empty stats on terrible teams while not making them much better.

Marc Gasol right now, is better than Al Jefferson. How much does Gasol make? 3million compared to Al's 11.

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
yes he is

Spurfan showing their basketball IQ once again. If he was on the spurs I can only imagine the knob slobbering that would be going on in here.

hater
12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
How so? Jefferson's a terrible defender. Doesn't score efficiently. Puts up empty stats on terrible teams while not making them much better.

Marc Gasol right now, is better than Al Jefferson. How much does Gasol make? 3million compared to Al's 11.

lakerfan showing his IQ

comparing today's Marc Gasol in a trade that happened 2 years ago. 2 years ago Marc was an unproven euro with zero value. :downspin:

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 03:29 PM
The reason collusion is even brought up is because, at the time, no other team was given a real opportunity to trade for Pau. Plus other teams were willing to give Memphis more than what they got from the Lakers. Add to that West's close ties to the Lakers and Buss and things get real fishy.

There were no such deals since Memphis did not want to take back longterm salary. You're making shit up.

Now with KG, the Lakers had a very public offer of Bynum and Odom. Which was a fuckton better offer than what Boston (no Rondo lol ) gave up and remains better to do this day. I bet Mchale and Ainge had a good chuckle about that.

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:30 PM
but not as fascinating as a spurstalk poster named Goran Dragic, or JJhickinson for that matter. sound like both are your trolls.

How about we make a bet. If both of us are the same person then I'll never post again under any username. If we are NOT the same person then you get an IP ban.

deal?

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Who the fuck is JJ Hickinson?

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Spurfan showing their basketball IQ once again. If he was on the spurs I can only imagine the knob slobbering that would be going on in here.

I don't know who would be better, Ian Mahinmi or Marc Gasol?

hater
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
you having a converstaion with your other troll. now that is fascinating :tu and sad :depressed

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
you having a converstaion with your other troll. now that is fascinating :tu

Take JJ's bet if you think me and JJ are the same person, please, do it.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 03:36 PM
lakerfan showing his IQ

comparing today's Marc Gasol in a trade that happened 2 years ago. 2 years ago Marc was an unproven euro with zero value. :downspin:

Seriously, look how dumb you are. Good job owning yourself.

Rebuilding team making a trade for future benefit? That's how trades work genius.

Best player in Europe at the time of the trade = zero value? I guess you know nothing about basketball.

KSeal

:lol Numerous Marc Gasol>>>>Pau Gasol threads after every game.

Goran Dragic
I guess Spurfan isn't gonna take the bet. O well.

Lars
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Who the fuck is JJ Hickinson?

ThunderDan

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
you having a converstaion with your other troll. now that is fascinating :tu and sad :depressed

You better ignore my bet. Pussy.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM

:lmao Spurfan too bushleague to put their money where their mouth is.

hater
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM

what are you 12 years old?

I could care less if you post as Sarah Palin. keep up the trollin son

just don't have a conversation with yourself. It's just pathetic and depressing

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Son, you keep saying me and JJ are the same person, either put your ability to post on ST on the line in order to prove it, or shut the fuck up pussy.

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
ThunderDan

Rocket fan is just too smart. You can't get anything by them. :depressed

Please forward all complaints about JJ Hickson to the PM box of ThunderDan.

Thanks.

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:46 PM

:lol This kid just keeps getting owned. Put your money where your cum infested mouth is son.

in2deep
12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
lakerfans sound awfully defensive

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Where'd hater go?

in2deep
12-14-2009, 03:52 PM

:lol

JJ Hickson
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM

in2deep
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM

clippasrool4eva
12-14-2009, 04:03 PM
people are laka hataz for a reasonz sonz itz cuz the Clippas are the betta team in LA!

Pero
12-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Best player in Europe at the time of the trade = zero value? I guess you know nothing about basketball.

You're an idiot. Marc Gasol was not the MVP of Euroleage. Saying that he was is kind of like saying Juan Carlos Navarro was the NBA MVP. :rolleyes

Brazil
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
lol lakers fans being trolled for once

TheMACHINE
12-14-2009, 05:40 PM
lol lakers fans being trolled for once

marc gasol > pau gasol

Gummi Clutch
12-14-2009, 06:12 PM
THe lakers are a shit team that has to be catered to when they suck pure donkey ass.

Oops, Kobe talking about quitting, getting raped in the 1st round by the suns a couple of years..

We really got to do something about this.

Pitiful, and then there fans brag.

Funny, I'm pretty sure I still read that the spurs were the team of the decade

iggypop123
12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
i love new posters. lights up my eyes

Smooth Criminal
12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
If it was collusion, It's the kind of collusion I hope happens over and over

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Good to see Rome slapping Pop upside the cocksucker like that.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Cap space, stupid. Proven = best player in Europe at the time.

What did Jefferson prove? That he couldn't play a lick of defense and could fill the box score on one of the worst teams in the league.

Are we talking about Al Jefferson or Marc Gasol with this statement? Because the case can be made for both, since Memphis isn't exactly killing giants.

Marc Gasol putting up good big man numbers for this Memphis team does not automatically make the Laker trade a "more fair" trade. Hell, the only competition he has at center there is the offensively inept Hasheem Thabeet.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
You want "fair" Dunc? Go back to f'in kindergarten you gd loser, you.

cobbler
12-14-2009, 08:00 PM
care to name a few?

The Sixers trade Charles Barkley to the Phoenix Suns for Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry and Andrew Lang.
- This was the official start to a dark age for the 76ers. They dealt a Hall of Famer (albeit a Hall of Famer who wanted out of town) for a version of Jeff Hornacek that wasn’t quite the Hornacek who knocked down bucket after bucket for those great Jazz teams, a disappointing role player in Perry and Lang, who only played one season in Philly.

The Raptors send Vince Carter to the Nets in exchange for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, Alonzo Mourning and two first-round draft picks.
- VC was dealt for an entire frontcourt – one that was totally defunct. ‘Zo refused to play above the border, and Eric and Aaron averaged a cumulative 3.95 points in their seasons with the Raptors.

The Sonics trade Scottie Pippen to the Bulls for Olden Polynice.
- Granted, Seattle made this deal before Scottie ever suited up for them, but they should still be reprimanded dealing a Top 50 NBA player for a big who’s claim to fame will forever be that he was charged with impersonating a police officer, not once but twice? Um, yeah.

The Suns trade Steve Nash to the Mavericks for Martin Muursepp, Bubba Wells, the draft rights to Pat Garrity and a first round draft pick.
- This deal isn’t quite as bad as it would seem to be at first glance (which is pretty awful). That first round pick was used to take Shawn Marion and the Suns eventually lured Nash back to Phoenix as a free agent.

The Hornets send the rights for Kobe Bryant to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.
- True, Kobe made it known that he didn’t want to play in Charlotte (as ChrisGO points out in the comments below), but could you imagine if the Hornets had convinced Mamba to stay?

The Bucks acquire Oscar Robertson from the Cincinnati Royals for Flynn Robinson and Charlie Paulk.
- Big O led the Bucks to a chip alongside Lew Alcindor the next year, while the Royals celebrated their success by being booed out of Cincinnati two years later.

The Bucks trade the rights to Robert “Tractor” Traylor to the Mavericks for the rights to Dirk Nowitzki and the rights to Pat Garrity.
- Garrity appears again in this list as part of this lopsided deal. Do we even have to get into how poorly this worked out for Milwaukee?

The Celtics send the rights to Joe Barry Carroll to the Warriors for Robert Parish and the rights to a draft choice that turned out to be Kevin McHale.
- Parish and McHale are two-thirds of what was arguably the best frontcourt in history, while Carroll earned the nickname “Joe Barely Cares” from Peter Vecsey.

The Warriors deal Wilt Chamberlain to the 76ers for Paul Neumann, Connie Dierking, Lee Shaffer (who retired rather than play) and $150,000.

... and this list could go on for pages and pages.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
So we can meet face to face?

Only if you shave your ass and walk backward.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
You want "fair" Dunc? Go back to f'in kindergarten you gd loser, you.

Is it "fair" to discredit Al Jefferson as a player for putting up good #'s on bad Celtics & T-Wolves team, yet prop up Marc Gasol for putting up worse numbers on an equally bad Grizzlies team? Only if you are a Laker fan trying to justify the Gasol trade, I guess.

I'm just sayin... 21Blessings is talking in circles on this one.

Jefferson
Boston (before trade) 16ppg, 11 rebounds, 1.5 blks, 51% shooting
Minny (after trade) 21ppg, 11 rebounds, 1.4 blks 50% shooting

Marc Gasol
(1st season) 11ppg, 7 rebounds, 1.1 blks, 53% shooting
(2nd season) 14ppg, 9.8 rebounds, 1.6 blks, 61% shooting

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Is it "fair" to discredit Al Jefferson as a player for putting up good #'s on bad Celtics & T-Wolves team, yet prop up Marc Gasol for putting up worse numbers on an equally bad Grizzlies team? Only if you are a Laker fan trying to justify the Gasol trade, I guess.

I'm just sayin... 21Blessings is talking in circles on this one.

Jefferson
Boston (before trade) 16ppg, 11 rebounds, 1.5 blks, 51% shooting
Minny (after trade) 21ppg, 11 rebounds, 1.4 blks 50% shooting

Marc Gasol
(1st season) 11ppg, 7 rebounds, 1.1 blks, 53% shooting
(2nd season) 14ppg, 9.8 rebounds, 1.6 blks, 61% shooting

Don't try and put this off on 21. You prompted "fair."

cobbler
12-14-2009, 08:07 PM

Absolutely NOT TRUE. Several teams made offers. It was well known for over a year that Pau was on the block. The Grizz decided to reduce salary and rebuild and went for the highest available expiring contract packaged with as many pick as possible which luckily for the the Lakers was Kwame's. West was NOT the GM for the Grizz. He had left the year prior. Wallace, Heisler, and West all have gone on record as saying West had NOTHING to do with this trade. Get your facts straight.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Don't try and put this off on 21. You prompted "fair."

Actually I said "more fair." Nice try though, Cully. Try bringing some ammo for your pea-shooter next time you're lookin for a fight, ya turdhound you. :nope

I was talking about how 21 mentioned the KG trade for Al Jefferson was a more lopsided trade than Pau to the Lakers. He thought the Gasol trade was "more fair" than the KG trade, because Jefferson put up big numbers on a bad team. Same as Marc has done, only Jefferson's numbers have been better...

Thanks for being my fart catcher though. :rolleyes

Tee, hee.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Baseline
12-14-2009, 08:25 PM
It's very simple. All this analysis is a waste of energy.

The Lakers were irrelevant after Shaquille left town, and Bryant could only take them to a 7-8 seed by himself, if he even got them to the playoffs at all. So Bryant was complaining, threatening that he wanted to be traded, and Chicago was the team we were all hearing about. This was hilarious to me, becuase if Bryant were good enough, he should be able to take "his" team to a title by himself, right? Anyway, Chicago had also been trying to get Gasol for a while, but were reluctant to give up Luol Deng and a couple of other key young guys.

So David Stern stepped in and orchestrated the Gasol-to-LA trade, which was so far beyond anyone's wildest imagination because the Lakers had NOBODY Memphis would want. That was obvious to the entire universe (including Popovich). Chicago is the team which had all the trade assets at that time. But that's just it - Stern stepped in and made it happen. Why do you think Bryant was complaining so hard? Because he knew the Lakers were capped out and didn't have any trade assets, so he was stuck there in the 7-8 seed level until a couple other contracts came off the books.

So Stern accomplished two things - he not only kept Bryant in LA, he BROUGHT the Lakers - a team which under ordinary circumstances could never trade old, worthless parts for a top talent like Gasol - a versatile and very skilled 7-foot center.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Easy peasy, Japaneese.

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 08:31 PM
God Culburn you are one disgusting sick fuck.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Perhaps, but, I'm here.

tee, hee.

cobbler
12-14-2009, 08:33 PM
It's very simple. All this analysis is a waste of energy.

The Lakers were irrelevant after Shaquille left town, and Bryant could only take them to a 7-8 seed by himself, if he even got them to the playoffs at all. So Bryant was complaining, threatening that he wanted to be traded, and Chicago was the team we were all hearing about. This was hilarious to me, becuase if Bryant were good enough, he should be able to take "his" team to a title by himself, right? Anyway, Chicago had also been trying to get Gasol for a while, but were reluctant to give up Luol Deng and a couple of other key young guys.

So David Stern stepped in and orchestrated the Gasol-to-LA trade, which was so far beyond anyone's wildest imagination because the Lakers had NOBODY Memphis would want. That was obvious to the entire universe (including Popovich). Chicago is the team which had all the trade assets at that time. But that's just it - Stern stepped in and made it happen. Why do you think Bryant was complaining so hard? Because he knew the Lakers were capped out and didn't have any trade assets, so he was stuck there in the 7-8 seed level until a couple other contracts came off the books.

So Stern accomplished two things - he not only kept Bryant in LA, he BROUGHT the Lakers - a team which under ordinary circumstances could never trade old, worthless parts for a top talent like Gasol - a versatile and very skilled 7-foot center.

Proof? Until anyone shows proof it's nothing put speculation on your part. I'll believe the people involved until I see proof otherwise and you whiners can cry collusion all you want as we rack up the titles.

How's those grapes tasting? A tad sour? :lol

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Perhaps, but, I'm here.

tee, hee.

Yeah I know you're here, fuckin A the mods forbid you from posting pics because of the sick perverted things you would post if you could.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah I know you're here, fuckin A the mods forbid you from posting pics because of the sick perverted things you would post if you could.

It'll never end.

Indazone
12-14-2009, 08:37 PM
haha..Trolls vs Culburn

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
lmcontrollinao!

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:41 PM
go---everybody---go!

Dunc n Dave
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

I'm disappointed in you, Cully. I set you up perfectly for the classic "lmcontrollinao" comeback, but you had to go and blow it with the lame "I'm a trend setter, I set trends" take instead.

You are off your game tonight, you dirty old man!

Will Hunting
lol Culburn
lol child molester

Indazone
haha...can we now say this thread is officially hijacked?

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm disappointed in you, Cully. I set you up perfectly for the classic "lmcontrollinao" comeback, but you had to go and blow it with the lame "I'm a trend setter, I set trends" take instead.

You are off your game tonight, you dirty old man!

I had no other choice. You used all my trends that I'd set. Ipso facto, I'm a trend setter.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
perfect timing Cully! You came with the "lmcontrollinao" right as I was typing that last message. Damn, you are predictable.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
That wasn't for you, Dunc.

Chillen
12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Pop is right on the money. It did change the NBA landscape and if the Lakers fail to repeat in the 2010 playoffs the joke is on them. They were handed a great player in exchange for average NBA talent. It also helped that Artest was crazy enough to take less money in exchange for a shot at an NBA title.

Lakers = fortunate
Rest of the league = trying to beat LA for the :lobt2:

If the Spurs click they could perhaps give LA a scare and I like Boston against them if they meet again in the NBA finals. However the Lakers are the defending NBA champs and until they are unseated, it's a catch the Lakers NBA.

Indazone
12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Waiting for the predictable America Eating my lunch post from Mavsfans.

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Waiting for the predictable America Eating my lunch post from Mavsfans.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
That wasn't for you, Dunc.

I know, but I figured it was bound to come out of your pie hole sooner or later. It's like Culburn's 1st Law of Motion:

"Culburn's mouth in motion, will remain in motion..."

Especially when it's close to Prepubescent Boy's genitalia.:king

Chillen
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
To WillHunting..

BTW, that is one of my favorite movies "Good Will Hunting". Matt Damon and Robin Williams were excellent and the acting, script, cinematography, score and directing just great in it. You have good taste in movies!

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Just like I know he's going to pass out asleep after he begs me to take a Peter North money shot on my innocent face.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Especially when it's close to Prepubescent Boy's genitalia.:king

lmcontrollinao!

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Just like I know he's going to pass out asleep after he begs me to take a Peter North money shot on my innocent face.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

Dunc, easin' on down into the caca.

tee, hee.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Dunc, easin' on down into the caca.

tee, hee.

you gotta admit, it was pretty funny...

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
you gotta admit, it was pretty funny...

You stepping into the makings ain't my look out. Yer full grown.

Will Hunting
12-14-2009, 09:08 PM
lol child molester

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
It'll never end.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I was talking about how 21 mentioned the KG trade for Al Jefferson was a more lopsided trade than Pau to the Lakers. He thought the Gasol trade was "more fair" than the KG trade, because Jefferson put up big numbers on a bad team. Same as Marc has done, only Jefferson's numbers have been better...

Memphis isn't one of the worst teams in the league like Minny is. And Boston was absolutely terrible in Jefferson's "breakout season". The guy does not play defense well, at all. His stats are of the 'empty' variety similar to Zach Randolph. That's exactly what Jefferson is now: A worse version of Zach Randolph.

The present is all that matters. Jefferson's post game is nice yet he can barely shoot 47%. His defense is literally one of the worst in the league at his position. Marc Gasol is a just a better player at this point making 8 million dollars less.

Again, Marc Gasol is outplaying Big AL this season and he's getting better. Gasol + 2010 cap space + 2 first rounders > Jefferson/Gomes/Telfair.

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 09:56 PM
lol Culburn
lol child molester

What?

da_suns_fan
12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Heres the thing...I always laugh at the ridiculous trade rumors you hear from fans. Amare for Peja and junk etc.

But the Gasol trade legitimizes pretty much any scenario you could think of. If Memphis is willing to trade Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, what trade scenario could POSSIBLY out of the question?

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
What?

Hi Pauls931!

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi Pauls931!

Pauls is dead, long live Tragic!

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Pauls is dead, long live Tragic!

The fact you reversed the picture in my avatar gave it away. The only other time someone has done that is when you did it to D228's avatar.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Memphis isn't one of the worst teams in the league like Minny is. And Boston was absolutely terrible in Jefferson's "breakout season". The guy does not play defense well, at all. His stats are of the 'empty' variety similar to Zach Randolph. That's exactly what Jefferson is now: A worse version of Zach Randolph.

The present is all that matters. Jefferson's post game is nice yet he can barely shoot 47%. His defense is literally one of the worst in the league at his position. Marc Gasol is a just a better player at this point making 8 million dollars less.

Again, Marc Gasol is outplaying Big AL this season and he's getting better. Gasol + 2010 cap space + 2 first rounders > Jefferson/Gomes/Telfair.

Since when were blocks "empty stats?" Jefferson averaged more blocks last year than Gasol, not to mention rebounds (11 per to Marc's 7 per), pts (more than DOUBLE), and fewer turnovers than Marc, even though he played 6 more minutes per game than Gasol.

As for this year, everyone knows Jefferson is coming back from a MAJOR knee surgery, so it's kinda unfair to compare him right now to a healthy Marc Gasol. It has been LESS THAN YEAR since his surgery, after all.

He is not all the way back yet, and who knows, he may never be all the way back, but I didn't ever remember Garnett averaging 26 ppg when he played for Minny. I think after the All Star break, you'll see Jefferson's numbers back up closer to where they were last year. In his last 3 games, he had season highs in points (TWICE) and rebounds, while shooting 61%.

Nice try, but Jefferson is WAY better than Marc Gasol, even less than a year after tearing his ACL. Keep telling yourself the Gasol deal was legit.

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
The fact you reversed the picture in my avatar gave it away. The only other time someone has done that is when you did it to D228's avatar.

It was worth it to see your quotes when you first noticed me browsing LOL... But sorry, Tragic is here to stay.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
It was worth it to see your quotes when you first noticed me browsing LOL... But sorry, Tragic is here to stay.

I never said he wasn't.....it's a pretty funny troll.

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I never said he wasn't.....it's a pretty funny troll.

I flipped it to see if anyone would notice and at least give a small visual cue to f with people. Someone needs to get the Goran Magic troll going.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I wonder what picture would be used for that :lol

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I wonder what picture would be used for that :lol

I'm not sure, Kori would probably ban all of us if it came to that.

Goran Dragic
12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure, Kori would probably ban all of us if it came to that.

Kori's let a lot worse than that go on. Multiple Goran Dragic trolls are harmless.

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Kori's let a lot worse than that go on. Multiple Goran Dragic trolls are harmless.

I'm not sure, someone would have a kick ass thread then the Dragic crew would come in and shit all over it. It'd be like a swarm of locusts.

Findog
12-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Heres the thing...I always laugh at the ridiculous trade rumors you hear from fans. Amare for Peja and junk etc.

But the Gasol trade legitimizes pretty much any scenario you could think of. If Memphis is willing to trade Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, what trade scenario could POSSIBLY out of the question?

They also got Marc "Not Pau" Gasol and Brown had a valuable expirer. Lopsided trade, but not outrageously so, especially not from Memphis' perspective. They got cap space and a promising young player. What pisses other teams off is that the Lakers swapped out Kwame for an All-Star big, instantly transforming them from lower playoff seed to elite.

The Spurs got Richard Jefferson for trash. The Mavs got Shawn Marion for trash. Gasol is of course better than those two guys, but there is always going to be opportunities for the haves of the league to pick apart the roster of the financial have-nots.

O.J Mayo
12-14-2009, 10:29 PM
The Rapist to be traded for Juiceman. Now that is a collusion in the Lakers' favor.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Since when were blocks "empty stats?" Jefferson averaged more blocks last year than Gasol, not to mention rebounds (11 per to Marc's 7 per), pts (more than DOUBLE), and fewer turnovers than Marc, even though he played 6 more minutes per game than Gasol.

Chasing after blocks while leaving the hoop completely unguarded when you're the anchor = terrible defensive play. Jefferson does it all the time. Remains one of the worst interior defenders in the league. Easily.

He is not all the way back yet, and who knows, he may never be all the way back, but I didn't ever remember Garnett averaging 26 ppg when he played for Minny.

I don't remember Al Jefferson ever averaging 26 ppg for Minny. And I defintely don't remember KG ever leading his team to a 3 and 21 record either.

Nice try, but Jefferson is WAY better than Marc Gasol, even less than a year after tearing his ACL. Keep telling yourself the Gasol deal was legit.

Shows your lack of basketball IQ. Rubes like yourself that believe basketball is only played on one side of the court.

Jefferson is a "post scorer" that can barely shoot 50% for his career. That's pretty sad. A guy like Dirk shoots 47% and he lives on the perimeter.

namlook
12-14-2009, 10:37 PM
The Spurs got Richard Jefferson for trash. The Mavs got Shawn Marion for trash. Gasol is of course better than those two guys, but there is always going to be opportunities for the haves of the league to pick apart the roster of the financial have-nots.

Agreed.

Gasol is better than Jefferson but the Lakers also gave up more for Gasol than the Spurs did for Jefferson. The Bucks got absolutely nothing of value in that Jefferson deal. It was a pure rape of a trade by the Spurs, but funny how no one complains about that one.

21_Blessings
12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
It was a pure rape of a trade by the Spurs but funny how no one complains about that one.

We Lakers fans on this board don't complain about that one. Just point out and laugh at the irony of it.

Goran Tragic
12-14-2009, 10:40 PM
We Lakers fans on this board don't complain about that one. Just point out and laugh at the irony of it.

I don't see the Spurs stomping all over the west and causing the top teams to make panic trades.

namlook
12-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I didn't hear :pop: say the Spurs Richard Jefferson trade should be reviewed by a trade committee because it was a trade that made absolutely no sense for the Bucks. :lol

Chieflion
12-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I didn't hear Pop say the Spurs Richard Jeffereson trade should be reviewed by a trade committe because it was a trade that made absolutely no sense for the Bucks. LOL.
The Jefferson trade made sense for the Bucks, they were trying to avoid the luxury tax. Technically, the Bucks saved more than a few million doing that trade with the Spurs.

namlook
12-14-2009, 10:47 PM
The Jefferson trade made sense for the Bucks, they were trying to avoid the luxury tax. Technically, the Bucks saved more than a few million doing that trade with the Spurs.

The Grizz saved millions by making their deal too. But funny how the Jefferson deal made sense for the Bucks because of money savings but the Gasol deal was "collusion" and made no sense for the Grizz despite them saving millions. Hilarious stuff. Oh the irony when the Spurs made that deal...we heard nothing but crickets.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't see the Spurs stomping all over the west and causing the top teams to make panic trades.

Nobody forced you to hand over Rondo, you stupid ass.

Chieflion
12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
The Grizz saved millions by making their deal too. But funny how the Jefferson deal made sense for the Bucks because of money savings but the Gasol deal was "collusion" and made no sense for the Grizz despite them saving millions. Hilarious stuff. Oh the irony when the Spurs made that deal...we heard nothing but crickets.
Jefferson is way overpaid, Gasol is not overpaid and has way more impact than Jefferson, you act like Jefferson is an all-star calibre player. He has not even been to a single all-star game.

Culburn369
12-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Jefferson is way overpaid, Gasol is not overpaid and has way more impact than Jefferson, you act like Jefferson is an all-star calibre player. He has not even been to a single all-star game.

Your regrets are your own.

pauls931
12-14-2009, 10:56 PM
The worst trades seem to be the ones where some desparate shit team that is so bad that even elite talent can't help them and gets desparate to unload that talent for salary purposes. They weren't making the playoffs anyway so what they hell, let an elite player go and try to rebuild with newer, cheaper talent.

Wolves, Grizzlies, 76ers...

Chieflion
12-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Your regrets are your own.
I was more of an advocate for VC to the Spurs, not Jefferson, ya but it has been a regret, he been playing well Cubby.

namlook
12-14-2009, 11:00 PM

A player who averaged 20 PPG over the past six seasons (as RJ did) is all-star caliber. If the Spurs had a passing PG like Kidd, Deron Williams or Chris Paul you would really see RJ shine.

Gasol had only made one all-star game in 7 seasons yet people cried like the Lakers got the second coming of Wilt. The fact is Gasol fit into the Lakers system like a glove so it looks like more of a steal than it was. It was the perfect piece the Lakers needed. Put Gasol on another team and he is a good big man who might a couple all-star games in his career and he would not have nearly the impact.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
The Lakers gave up capspaceKwame, Euroleague MVP Marc Gasol, Crittenton (a 17th overall pick who had excelled in summer league), and 2 future first rouders. Marc Gasol had proven worth, to what worth you compare it to Jefferson's worth is debatable. To sum up, that is 3 first round picks + a young but Euroleague MVP center + $9million in expiring money.

Marc Gasol last season in the Euroleague: 3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg.

When the trade was made, Gasol was a guy who had to left Barcelona because he was buried at the end of the bench.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
lol jim rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
MGasol + 2010 cap space + 2 first rounders > Jefferson/Gomes/Telfair.

LOL

What about Ratliff's $12M expiring, plus the first round picks including Minnesota's 2008 lottery one that ended up being OJ Mayo --> Kevin Love?!?

Purple & Gold
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Marc Gasol last season in the Euroleague: 3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg.

When the trade was made, Gasol was a guy who had to left Barcelona because he was buried at the end of the bench.

Actually he was Spanish League MVP. Not as impressive as Euroleague but still very impressive and a good indicator he was gonna be a good NBA player.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Lakers fans mentioning how great it was for Memphis to get Kwame Brown's expiring and 2 late first round picks while forgetting to mention that Sota got a similar expiring in Rattlif plus first round picks including a top-3 one is very illustrative (and I don't believe they "forget" as in trying to make their argument stronger, they just aren't aware of things and they aren't even capable of reasoning that at least a huge expiring the Celtics were forced to send back due to the CBA rules... this kind of details are simply too deep to their minds). Lakers fans are the know-nothings of the NBA.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Actually he was Spanish League MVP. Not as impressive as Euroleague but still very impressive and a good indicator he was gonna be a good NBA player.

At the moment of the trade, he wasn't. I can tell, I used to see him play almost every week by that time.

Still, what the Lakers fan claimed was that he was Euroleague MVP. More amazing, I can easily dig a same claim made by the Lakers fan in this same forum a couple of weeks ago that I corrected. Yet, Lakers fan is unable to learn. They got feed that MGasol was an Euroleague MVP and they'll keep repeating it till the end of their lives.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Only a Lakers fan would convince himself that the reason Memphis did the trade was because they loved Marc Gasol. The Lakers would never trade Gasol's NBA rights for less than an All-Star. At least. Jesus Christ...

cobbler
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
lakerfan showing his IQ

So with your logic.... Charlotte made an outstanding trade getting a proven Vlade for an unproven Kobe. :bang

Hate again with no vision. Go figure.

Purple & Gold
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
And celticfan is still concerned about Lakerfan. How about you go enjoy your teams success. Hopefully you guys make it out of the East cause you know the Lakeshow will be there and waiting. Lakers got a score to settle this year.

Def Rowe
12-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Lakers fans mentioning how great it was for Memphis to get Kwame Brown's expiring and 2 late first round picks while forgetting to mention that Sota got a similar expiring in Rattlif plus first round picks including a top-3 one is very illustrative (and I don't believe they "forget" as in trying to make their argument stronger, they just aren't aware of things and they aren't even capable of reasoning that at least a huge expiring the Celtics were forced to send back due to the CBA rules... this kind of details are simply too deep to their minds). Lakers fans are the know-nothings of the NBA.

Which trade does Memphis do, hindsight being 20/20?

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL at Lakers fan pretending that Memphis wanted Marc Gasol NBA rights (they couldn't even be sure he'd agree to a contract!) the same way the Lakers wanted Kobe Bryant. Unbelievable.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:26 PM
And celticfan is still concerned about Lakerfan. How about you go enjoy your teams success. Hopefully you guys make it out of the East cause you know the Lakeshow will be there and waiting. Lakers got a score to settle this year.

6xHsi6V7mqI

9-2

Purple & Gold
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
At the moment of the trade, he wasn't. I can tell, I used to see him play almost every week by that time.

Check your dates again. He was tearing up the Spanish League at the moment of the trade. I know I used to watch him play almost every week too :toast

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Check your dates again. He was tearing up the Spanish League at the moment of the trade. I know I used to watch him play almost every week too :toast

You did? How? I don't need to check dates, the ACB MVP at the moment of the trade was Luis Scola. And why am I discussing with a Lakers fan? In a couple of weeks I'll read again that Marc Gasol was the Euroleague MVP when the Lakers traded him. :bang:bang

Purple & Gold
12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
6xHsi6V7mqI

9-2

You got anything older?? celtics got fat on the early days of the NBA. Still took it to the Lakers but the tide definitely changed in the 80's. The hiccup 2 years ago hurt, but the Lakeshow is still there. Will the celtics make it though or duck like they did in the 80's again?

Purple & Gold
12-14-2009, 11:35 PM
You did? How? I don't need to check dates, the ACB MVP at the moment of the trade was Luis Scola.

At the moment of the trade he was tearing up the Spanish League and was already number one in the running for MVP. He won the MVP only a little after the trade but he was already tearing up the League and was MVP for the month of December if I remember. If you saw him play before the trade you know it was legit. And no he wasn't at Barcelona at the time of the trade. Which were the dates I was telling you to check.

namlook
12-14-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the Grizz scouted Marc Gasol and knew he had potential to be good. NBA teams don't trade for players without checking them out.

Dunc n Dave
12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Jefferson is a "post scorer" that can barely shoot 50% for his career. That's pretty sad. A guy like Dirk shoots 47% and he lives on the perimeter.

So by your standards KG sucks, since he is not a career 50% shooter? And Duncan must be just above average since he shoots 50.8% for his career, compared to Jefferson's 50.2%? I guess they are all pathetic bigmen?:rolleyes

What's sad is your bullshit standards for being an elite post scorer. Marc Gasol has never been the focal point of an offense like Jefferson has, and never will. Gasol gets his scores off put backs and easy feeds 3 feet from the bucket to get his inflated percentages. He doesn't face double teams on a nightly basis like Jefferson, Garnett, and Duncan have. If he did, he'd be lucky to shoot 45%.

And whether he chases blocks or not (no one said he was the world's best 1 on 1 defender), doesn't change the fact that Jefferson averaged more blocks than Marc before the ACL tear took him out. Your "empty stats" claim is blowing up in your face. What "non-empty stat" is Marc so much better in than Jefferson other than FG%, which is a mis-leading stat anyway (see above).

And I've forgotten more basketball that you'll ever learn in your lifetime, which is obvious by your continued denial that the Pau trade was way more lopsided than the KG trade. Keep dreamin out there in La-La Land.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:44 PM
At the moment of the trade he was tearing up the Spanish League and was already number one in the running for MVP. He won the MVP only a little after the trade but he was already tearing up the League and was MVP for the month of December if I remember. If you saw him play before the trade you know it was legit. And no he wasn't at Barcelona at the time of the trade. Which were the dates I was telling you to check.

Who said he was in Barcelona at the time of the trade? Geez, your screename could be IluvTimmie or DirkizGod and I'd still know you're a Lakers fans. You're not even able to read elementary things. I mean, if you guys are simply unaware that the Celtics sent a huge expiring and a top-3 lottery pick to Minny, I guess I shouldn't expect any different.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the Grizz scouted Marc Gasol and knew he had potential to be good. NBA teams don't trade for players without checking them out.

I doubt it and immaterial. They could have traded an early 2nd round for his NBA rights if they liked him that much.

ezau
12-14-2009, 11:46 PM
This shit again? It's been two years and one championship and people are still talking about the Gasol The-NBA-wants-to-make-the-Lakers-better trade? It's time to move on and seriously, the Celtics already showed the league how to beat this Gasol-amped Lakers two years ago. I don't see any reason why a topnotch defensive-minded team can't bring down this current version of the Lakers.

mogrovejo
12-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Which trade does Memphis do, hindsight being 20/20?

What?

Def Rowe
12-14-2009, 11:52 PM
What?

You were comparing Ratliff's expiring with Kwame's. What trade scenario would have been better for the Grizz that season?

Purple & Gold
12-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Who said he was in Barcelona at the time of the trade? Geez, your screename could be IluvTimmie or DirkizGod and I'd still know you're a Lakers fans. You're not even able to read elementary things. I mean, if you guys are simply unaware that the Celtics sent a huge expiring and a top-3 lottery pick to Minny, I guess I shouldn't expect any different.

Ohhhh your typo threw me off. Read your sentence again it's confusing cause you couldn't even write at an elementary level. So before you start complaining about people not being able to read you might wanna make sure you can read it yourself.

And for the record both trades were legit although i thought at the time Odom/Bynum was better than Jefferson (mainly cause i thought and still think Bynum is a better player) but you can't fault Minny for taking that trade. And if you saw Gasol before the trade you would know he was a legit player. Chicago shouldn't have played hardball. They fucked up Lakers reaped the benefits.

MiamiHeat
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Laker fans trying to justify the Gasol trade

big surprise.

should be an asterisk next to 2009 finals champ

*Lakers

Def Rowe
12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
:lol Phil says asterisk. Then NBA fans repeat the word like a parrot.

Purple & Gold
12-15-2009, 12:13 AM
:lol celticfan left after he realized he made a confusing typo and was telling people they can't read

MiamiHeat
12-15-2009, 12:20 AM
:lol Phil says asterisk. Then NBA fans repeat the word like a parrot.

:lol stupid typical laker fan

The asterisk supposedly came into being 40 years ago when Maris became the first player to surpass the most famous American sports record of the past century, Babe Ruth's 60 home runs in one season. The asterisk was supposed to accompany Roger Maris' name into the record books to indicate that Maris had broken the record over a 162-game span instead of the 154 schedule that Ruth played.

http://www.salon.com/news/sports/col/barra/2001/10/03/asterisk/index.html

MiamiHeat
12-15-2009, 12:24 AM
and

P.S.

Phil Jackson's rings with Chicago = 6

rings with LA = 4

so when you try to claim "Phil 10 rings" as a counter to Red Auerbach, it's full of lulz

Def Rowe
12-15-2009, 12:28 AM
and

P.S.

Phil Jackson's rings with Chicago = 6

rings with LA = 4

so when you try to claim "Phil 10 rings" as a counter to Red Auerbach, it's full of lulz

Phil has 12 rings. 2 as a player.

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2009, 01:31 AM

troll showing his troll IQ unless he really thinks i belive Goran Dragic is the GOAT

Johnny RIngo
12-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Laker fans trying to justify the Gasol trade

big surprise.

should be an asterisk next to 2009 finals champ

*Lakers

Don't forgot the asterisk on the 2002 championship.

KSeal
12-15-2009, 01:59 AM
13 rings, faggot

ezau
12-15-2009, 02:09 AM
13 rings, faggot

13?

KSeal
12-15-2009, 02:12 AM
13?

02 and 09 don't count now according to spurfan.

whottt
12-15-2009, 02:20 AM
The most disappointing thing about this is Jerry West. I used to like Jerry West until this trade, now I know he's basically a corrupt turd that needs to be flushed.

whottt
12-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Oh and Lakerfans are pathetic for trying to claim the Minneapolis Lakers' titles. They are the only franchise I know of that tries to claim credit for titles won in an entirely different city. The city of LA never celebrated those championships, they are not yours, you are nowhere near the Boston Celtics...they've got 17, the LA Lakers have 10, including buttfucking LA directly in the finals for like, 16 of them.

Just goes to show that LakerFan is LakerFan not because he is a basketball fan, but because he gets an esteem boost from being a LakerFan and believing they are the greatest anything, this is why he clings to titles won in different cities as if they belong to him or his team. They belong to different fans, different players, in a different state and a different city.

21_Blessings
12-15-2009, 02:29 AM
I thought you left.

phyzik
12-15-2009, 02:31 AM
I thought you left.

We had hoped the same of you.

KSeal
12-15-2009, 02:48 AM
Oh and Lakerfans are pathetic for trying to claim the Minneapolis Lakers' titles. They are the only franchise I know of that tries to claim credit for titles won in an entirely different city. The city of LA never celebrated those championships, they are not yours, you are nowhere near the Boston Celtics...they've got 17, the LA Lakers have 10, including buttfucking LA directly in the finals for like, 16 of them.

Just goes to show that LakerFan is LakerFan not because he is a basketball fan, but because he gets an esteem boost from being a LakerFan and believing they are the greatest anything, this is why he clings to titles won in different cities as if they belong to him or his team. They belong to different fans, different players, in a different state and a different city.

Ok, 02 and 09 don't count according to spurfan.

8 rings, faggot. Still double what your team has.

Chieflion
12-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Doesn't matter anymore. This is like beating a dead horse. What happened already happened. Besides, a Laker fan started this thread anyway. Trolled Spurstalk pretty well.

whottt
12-15-2009, 04:26 AM
I thought you left.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

whottt
12-15-2009, 04:28 AM

So? You've been around longer too. And it's not like you personally saw all 8 of them...I've seen more. And I don't discount the 02 or 09...but claiming the Minneapolis Laker titles in an attempt to keep up with the Celtics is weak...and for pussies, both of which Lakersfans such as yourself always are, proudly. You'll even cheer for a rapist, or corrupt executive sabotage of another franchise as long as it gets you titles.

LakerFan really lives in the dirt.

whottt
12-15-2009, 04:38 AM
I fully support the removal of Jerry West as the logo. The only thing his silhouette should be the profile for is white collar crime. What a fucking dirtbag Jerry West is.

MiamiHeat
12-15-2009, 04:51 AM

You just fucking described the New York Yankee douche fans

can't fucking stand them.

ezau
12-15-2009, 05:14 AM

:lmao:lmao Well, you guys have been in the league 20 years before the Spurs. So yeah, you've got a clear 20 year head-start.

Culburn369
12-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Don't forgot the asterisk on the 2002 championship.

& Horry, with an empty gun, standing over CWEBB.

tee, hee.

hater
12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
This shit again? It's been two years and one championship and people are still talking about the Gasol The-NBA-wants-to-make-the-Lakers-better trade? It's time to move on and seriously, the Celtics already showed the league how to beat this Gasol-amped Lakers two years ago. I don't see any reason why a topnotch defensive-minded team can't bring down this current version of the Lakers.

Funny thing is Lakers reporters brought it back up and Lakerfans keeping this thread alive. :lmao