PDA

View Full Version : TP's interview: "everything is easier"

kace
12-14-2009, 06:04 PM
from his site, TP9.net:

http://fr.tp9.net/%C2%AB-tout-est-plus-facile-%C2%BB-527

translation of the main things :

Tony, how do you explain the good week for the spurs after losing 4 straight games ?

We feel it's over to say we need to be patient and that things will go our way soon or later. With RJ and Manu came back at a good level, everything is easier. Logical to play better like that. We know everything could go fast in this conference. The level is very high and we need to stay close to the PO spots in the beginning of the RS. Last year, nothing was set until the last game. Very tight conference. Since our schedule is rather easy, we need to take wins.

Personnaly, you seem less active offensively ?

i play my role of PG. Since manu and RJ are back at their best level, i try to give them the ball. I have no interest in forcing my shot if they score well. I don't care about scoring 10 points. The only thing i care is to win at the end.

How is your ankle ?

Better and better. I feel i'm not far from 100 %..

Bukefal
12-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Nice, hopefully he gets 100% soon. I hope he can combine alot of scoring and assists.

Thanks for posting :toast

jag
12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
from his site, TP9.net:
TP:
I have no interest in forcing my shot if they score well. I don't care about scoring 10 points. The only thing i care is to win at the end.

Throughout the next couple months his attitude will show if he truly means this. And if it turns out that he is ok with accepting this role...then it's pretty hard not to respect and admire this guy. He could be putting up 30+ every game if he truly wanted to.

benefactor
12-14-2009, 08:09 PM
If this truly is the attitude TP is taking, then this team could come together quicker and more seamlessly than originally thought.

Brazil
12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
^well at least he already showed that the last couple of games. Now I think he has to find a fine balance I don't think tp with less than 10 FGA a game is a good thing for the spurs

Mr.Robinson
12-14-2009, 08:56 PM
^well at least he already showed that the last couple of games. Now I think he has to find a fine balance I don't think tp with less than 10 FGA a game is a good thing for the spurs

We need about 15 shots from him. No way they beat the elite wiith TP scoring 10 points.

pawe
12-14-2009, 09:50 PM
We need about 15 shots from him. No way they beat the elite wiith TP scoring 10 points.

Im ok with TP scoring 10 pts against the Lakers as long as Manu and RJ pumps in 25 each.

Spurs Brazil
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
How is your ankle ?

Good news

lefty
12-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Of course everything is easier

We have beaten shitty teams

Bender
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
good read.

btw - we haven't lost 4 straight yet have we?

Brazil
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
btw thanks kace for posting this

The Truth #6
12-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for posting/translating.

Ideally, Tony uses this time to get the team involved and save some abuse on his body from having to do too much work.

In the playoffs, hopefully he's at full strength and can take over games when he's able to without the team chemistry falling apart. That would be the ultimate goal: for the team to be clicking and for TP to be healthy. But for now the goal is to improve as a team and stay healthy.

raspsa
12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Nice mature attitude. If things work out, defenses will play him to deny the pass so this will open opportunities for him to score.. need a good balanced game from TP but I like what he's trying to do.. I expect TOs will become less a problem with more time..

Manu-of-steel
12-14-2009, 10:40 PM
nice tp. Finding a balance between scoring and assisting team mates is not easy though. But i'm sure TP will figure it out.

The Truth #6
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
A lot of the turnovers are from driving, not passing. Doesn't make sense. Perhaps he's over penetrating and should shoot the tear drop more.

benefactor
12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
The biggest worry that most of us harbored regarding Parker was the adjustments he would need to make in his own style in order to accommodate his new teammates. Many of us wondered if RJ would even work with this team because of it...and Pop saying he was handing most of the offensive flow responsibility over to Parker only exacerbated these worries. I agree that in the long term, we will need his offense...but it is much better for the Spurs to have Parker holding the ball less and more focused on ball movement to include his teammates. I think at the end of the day I think it would be ideal to have Parker closer to a consistent 17/8 line instead of a 21/6 line.

igruex
12-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Great attitude. Having so many weapons on the offense this year, we won't usually need that consistency from TP (in terms of scoring). He needs to get everyone involved, and recognize who's beeing hot at every possession. A smart PG (playing as a PG, and it seems to be TP's case this year) usually sacrifice shots attempts to get certain players going.

Rito3d30
12-14-2009, 11:06 PM
i play my role of PG. Since manu and RJ are back at their best level, i try to give them the ball. I have no interest in forcing my shot if they score well. I don't care about scoring 10 points. The only thing i care is to win at the end.

At least he don't have to fight for the all-star reserve seat:toast

SequSpur
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
beat a good team and then come back and tell me it's easy....wtf?

Mr.Robinson
12-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Im ok with TP scoring 10 pts against the Lakers as long as Manu and RJ pumps in 25 each.

What I mean is he needs to attack D's. When he's on he's got that drive and dish to shooters. Specially against the Lakers.

Man In Black
12-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Tony Parker a pass-first point guard?

I LIKE IT. It's a better style for the team and should he need to score more because those other options are covered...he can do that as well.

John Stockton's best year was 17 points & 14 assists per.

If Tony gets 18 & 8...we're slaying all!

Dave McNulla
12-15-2009, 12:16 AM
figures, TP is the only spur on my fantasy team. go ahead, Tony, pass it.

lennyalderette
12-15-2009, 05:21 AM
pop should tell him he has to get at least 10pts and 10assists! it looks like tony is trying for this, and if no ones being aggressive then he needs to drive all day. i really was discouraged w/his passing, and lack of penetration, but i have to say hes doing alot better.

Slippy
12-15-2009, 05:48 AM
The only thing i care is to win at the end.

That's all i care bout too. The thing about Tony is that over time as a Spur he's matured in such way that you can only admire and think how lucky we are to have him. I for one hope Tony and Manu are Spurs for life.

hater
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
TP haters finally left speechless

Naelven
12-15-2009, 12:58 PM
The full translation is here : http://fr.tp9.net/%C2%AB-everything-is-easier-%C2%BB-529

Brazil
12-15-2009, 01:01 PM
TP haters finally left speechless

don't worry they will find something

Pauleta14
12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
The thing that surprises me most, is that he has clearly given up the chance of making the allstar game!!
...and we all know how important it is for him (no matter what he actually says in the media)
Even if they all say that the stats don't matter, that nobody is selfish in the spurs team... the fact is that they are all judge from their stats on a daily basis and at the end of the year...
This will be one of the main criterias when he'll negociate his next contract!

Time will tell...

LOL@MavsFan
12-15-2009, 01:58 PM
from his site, TP9.net:

http://fr.tp9.net/%C2%AB-tout-est-plus-facile-%C2%BB-527

translation of the main things :

Tony, how do you explain the good week for the spurs after losing 4 straight games ?

We feel it's over to say we need to be patient and that things will go our way soon or later. With RJ and Manu came back at a good level, everything is easier. Logical to play better like that. We know everything could go fast in this conference. The level is very high and we need to stay close to the PO spots in the beginning of the RS. Last year, nothing was set until the last game. Very tight conference. Since our schedule is rather easy, we need to take wins.

Personnaly, you seem less active offensively ?

How is your ankle ?

Now fix the effing turnovers and everything will be fine!

Brazil
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
This will be one of the main criterias when he'll negociate his next contract!

Time will tell...

Maybe this is not the case in spurs organization, maybe they already have an informal agreement regarding the TP future contract.

Whisky Dog
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
It's easy when you're beating shit teams. When the Celtics and Jazz rolled it wasn't so easy. Need to win against the best to prepare for the playoffs and get the confidence that you can handle the best, that needs to start tonight.

smeagol
12-15-2009, 04:06 PM
beat a good team and then come back and tell me it's easy....wtf?

We are beating the Suns tonight. Is that good enough for ya?

lefty
12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
We are beating the Suns tonight. Is that good enough for ya?
No, because we beat them almost every time

in2deep
12-15-2009, 04:08 PM
suns are not a good team. they just shoot a lot of shots, some of them tend to go in.