PDA

View Full Version : Bulls want Rose to dominate offensively

Tacker
12-15-2009, 10:02 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63413/20091215/bulls_want_rose_to_dominate_offensively/

Bulls point guard Derrick Rose says it's hard for him to take over a game with his own offense, but coach Vinny Del Negro wants to see him do just that.

"Yeah, but it's hard when everybody's focusing on you on the court," Rose said Monday. "It's very hard being in the position where I'm the point guard and I'm supposed to pass the ball and everything.

"People say they want me to shoot the ball more, but I'm the point guard; I can't do that. I've got to pass the ball to people and get people open. Taking over as a point guard is getting people open and shooting here and there.

"If I was a 2-guard, it would be something else."

Rose is placing those restrictions on himself, but Del Negro sees things much differently.

"We need him to score, we need him to take over games when he has the opportunity," the coach said.

"He's done that. We need him to score the basketball, but also run the team and be aggressive, and I think he's done a better job since he's been healthy the last 10 or 12 games.

"But it's a long season; he'll continue to develop and understand when he needs to get guys shots and take over games. There are other areas that Derrick will continue to improve that are more important than that."

Rose is averaging 16.1 points and 5.5 assists per game this season.

Shastafarian
12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
tGfJ0_KMiro

DxB
12-15-2009, 10:17 AM
The only other team I've supported is the Bulls (from when I was young) and I love D-Rose... but its like the dude forgot how to attack this year. I know ppl have been saying it, but I watch a lot of their games and its crazy how different of a player he looks this year! Hope he starts killing it at some point tho coz he's the shit when he chooses to be!

Also makes me appreciate Ben Gordon so much more! I thought for sure when he left Rose would take over and the Bulls wud still make the playoffs... guess you dont know what you got until what you got hits free agency!

Tacker
12-15-2009, 10:21 AM
The only other team I've supported is the Bulls (from when I was young) and I love D-Rose... but its like the dude forgot how to attack this year. I know ppl have been saying it, but I watch a lot of their games and its crazy how different of a player he looks this year! Hope he starts killing it at some point tho coz he's the shit when he chooses to be!

Also makes me appreciate Ben Gordon so much more! I thought for sure when he left Rose would take over and the Bulls wud still make the playoffs... guess you dont know what you got until what you got hits free agency!

Ya the first 10 games or so Derrick Rose wasn't his rookie self because of his ankle injury, if you've watched the past 6 or 7 games which he averaged 22ppg and 7apg you can see him in attack mode. But they still need more offense from the bulls

Kuss Ummak.

:rollin

Brazil
12-15-2009, 11:12 AM
fucking rose, he is killing my fantasy

JamStone
12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Tell him to buy a jump shot.