PDA

View Full Version : Does Joel Meyers wish for another championship call?

Solid D
09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Does Joel Meyers remember, fondly:
...Doing play-by-play and following a team all the way to an NBA championship?
...Acting as MC for special ceremonies at mid-court for champions on the court and off the court?
...Does he long for the days when there was more black and silver and less yellow and purple in his purview?
...Does he wish he could upgrade his sidekick from Mychal Thompson to...to....well either of the Seans; Sean Elliott or Sean Marks? 8)

http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/Joel-Meyersedit1.jpg

I'm guessing the answers to these questions and more are a resounding... "You betcha' - partner!"

Useruser666
09-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Sorry, but I don't think he does a good job. He never knows what's going on in the game or what calls are being made by the refs.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

genghisrex
09-17-2004, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed Meyers' homer enthusiasm, but I can't say I was a big fan of his "for 3!" calls whenever someone shot a 15 footer (followed by the explanation, "he must have had a foot on the line").

Tommy Duncan
09-17-2004, 11:47 AM
The best is how Myers will swing his head around and look directly at the color man when they are on camera. I remember watching a couple of broadcasts with him and Elliott and every single time Myers did that Elliott looked freaked out.

Tommy Duncan
09-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Also Myers' ability to flip instantaneously from a normal announcer tone to rabid excitement is underrated.

"Tony crosses halfcourt, dishes to Ginobili, feed to Duncan...OH YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP THE TWO-TIME M V P."

SAmikeyp
09-17-2004, 01:57 PM
but I can't say I was a big fan of his "for 3!" calls whenever someone shot a 15 footer (followed by the explanation, "he must have had a foot on the line").

:lol :lol :lol

that was funny...pardner!

TacoBeer
09-17-2004, 02:32 PM
I enjoyed Meyers' homer enthusiasm, but I can't say I was a big fan of his "for 3!" calls whenever someone shot a 15 footer (followed by the explanation, "he must have had a foot on the line").
True so True!!!

I like when he was calling the Texans Preseason Game and the it was a running play:
"It looks like he's just short of a first down,....That will bring up a 4th and 5 (yards)":lol

Useruser666
09-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Foul on Duncan......oh wait they've changed it to out of bounds off LA.

Technical foul on Pop.....wait....now they're saying timeout Spurs.

Spurs ball....well....I believe they're going to give two free throws to Finley.

Ginobili got the steal.....(five minutes later)...well actually that was Hedo who came up with that take away.

That was an inadvertent whistle.....errrrr...oh that's then end of the game......

Useruser666 :eyebrow

WriterNum934
09-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Myers was one dumb "dumb dumb."

He'd think one player was on the court when he clearly wasn't.

T Park Num 9
09-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Meyers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dick Stockton.

Dick Stockton was a joke.

MANO Ginobili.

Him and Blanks together was an atrocity.

Used to be, switch to the radio for a better alternative, but damn, thats almost equally as bad, or WORSE!

WriterNum934
09-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Then don't watch or listen. Or go apply and do a better job.

But quit bitching.

SpursFanInAustin
09-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah, Bring back Greg Papa.

But seriously, I think the best announcer I've listened to was Dave Barnett back in the day during Robinson's younger years. Now he does college sports on ESPN.

TacoBeer
09-18-2004, 12:08 AM
^^
I like that Pic