PDA

View Full Version : Obama begs Senate to pass any freaken healthcare bill

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 08:40 PM
He gives them plenty of outs

"Now, let's be clear," Obama said. "The final bill won't include everything that everybody wants. No bill can do that. But what I told my former colleagues today is that we simply cannot allow differences over individual elements of this plan to prevent us from meeting our responsibility to solve a long-standing and urgent problem for the American people."

I just Howard Dean go on TV and is telling the Dems not to pass shit. Wait 2 years and go again!

TheProfessor
12-15-2009, 09:01 PM
The political reality is that not passing anything is suicide for 2010, an already bleak midterm. And the votes won't be there in two years, regardless. Something will get done.

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:24 PM
No doubt something will get done. It's tiresome watching Obama fuck up over and over. He and his clones have been saying on healthcare "this is what America wants". It's not. He thinks if they say it enough, we will believe it.

Todays speech was finally admitting it's not the reform bill they want but they want to put some bill together to say "reform" so he can attempt to take credit for something. Obama looked pathetic the last few speeches. As if he is not believing his telepromters either.

Even more pathetic he had the Governor and Senator from Illinois outside the White House seconds after his lame speech to talk about Gitmo. Pathetic.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2009, 09:29 PM
So he didn't beg.

OK.

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:31 PM
I am not sure what I watched a hour ago. I think the host name was Lawerance. Anyways they had a Senator on from Oregon (pretty sure) after Howard Dean said he hoped no democrat would vote for the healthcare bill now. The Senator from Oregon said that we have to pass "something" because if we don't the repugs will be partying. Way to get America motivated.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
lol you watch msnbc.

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
So he didn't beg.

OK.

Oh he begged buddy. No doubt about that. And old Joe said "Son, remember 2006....Go fuck yourself"

ChumpDumper
12-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh he begged buddy. No doubt about that. And old Joe said "Son, remember 2006....Go fuck yourself"
Except he didn't beg, buddy. No doubt about that.

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:34 PM
lol you watch msnbc.

Thats it. That girl Rachel poped on next and I turned it.

Nbadan
12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
The political reality is that not passing anything is suicide for 2010, an already bleak midterm. And the votes won't be there in two years, regardless. Something will get done.

Eh....talk-radio has failed to deliver votes in 2004, 2006, and 2008..I don't see 2010 being much different..the Democrats have a good chance of holding both houses in 2010, especially if the economy continues to recover (it will) and Obama starts to withdrawal combat troops from Iraq...

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Eh....talk-radio has failed to deliver votes in 2004, 2006, and 2008..I don't see 2010 being much different..the Democrats have a good chance of holding both houses in 2010, especially if the economy continues to recover (it will) and Obama starts to withdrawal combat troops from Iraq...

:lol talk radio. People have lost faith in Obama becuase he lies.

Nbadan
12-15-2009, 09:46 PM
:lol talk radio. People have lost faith in Obama becuase he lies.

All politicians lie.....George Bush lied and people died..

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
All politicians lie.....George Bush lied and people died..

Obama lied and people are dying.

Nbadan
12-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Howard Dean: "Kill The Senate Bill"..

Dean said the removal of the Medicare buy-in made the bill not worth supporting, and urged Dem leaders to start over with the process of reconciliation in the interview, which is set to air at 5:50 PM today on Vermont Public Radio, political reporter Bob Kinzel confirms to me.

In an excerpt Kinzel gave me, Dean says:

"This is essentially the collapse of health care reform in the United States Senate. Honestly the best thing to do right now is kill the Senate bill, go back to the House, start the reconciliation process, where you only need 51 votes and it would be a much simpler bill."

Kinzel added that Dean essentially said that if Democratic leaders cave into Joe Lieberman right now they’ll be left with a bill that’s not worth supporting.

Doesn't seem like anyone is begging...

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Howard Dean: "Kill The Senate Bill"..

Doesn't seem like anyone is begging...

You should have seen it. Dean was very upset. And I said Obama begged. It was written all over that face of his today durning his speech.

Nbadan
12-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Dean's been right about a lot of things...maybe the Dems should start over...

Yo_tWh40gaU

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Good luck passing this bill after Howard Dean the cheerleader for healthcare reform says this is not a healthcare reform bill and what they do have is expensive!

ChumpDumper
12-15-2009, 10:18 PM
He said it on msnbc, so you were probably the only one watching.

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 10:19 PM
He said it on msnbc, so you were probably the only one watching.

Thanks to youtube and this thread.....You can watch.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2009, 10:23 PM
So what will that change?

What is Howard Dean's position in the Democratic Party?

jack sommerset
12-15-2009, 10:30 PM
So what will that change?

What is Howard Dean's position in the Democratic Party?

Some peoples opinions about this bill. Maybe this will lead to killing the bill. They really have nothing now anyways except of course trying to make Obama look somewhat competent.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Who listened to Howard Dean in the past?

What is his position in the Democratic Party?

iggypop123
12-15-2009, 11:09 PM
what a bitch at least wear a tie

TheProfessor
12-15-2009, 11:43 PM
The dynamic is very different. Americans expected rapid economic change and a new political environment in Washington. They got neither, and they're going to take it out on Democrats unless people start getting jobs. Right now Dems are in danger of hemorrhaging if they do not bring their base back into the fold. On the war, on healthcare, and on the economy, the base is not happy and many are apathetic about voting. Obama's not on the ticket; people can't just ride his coattails like last time.

TheProfessor
12-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Good luck passing this bill after Howard Dean the cheerleader for healthcare reform says this is not a healthcare reform bill and what they do have is expensive!
Howard Dean is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is getting Lieberman on board.

SouthernFried
12-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Dems will get something.

Doesn't matter if America wants it or not...they will pass something. Book it.

dano...

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Dems will get something.

Doesn't matter if America wants it or not...they will pass something. Book it.

dano...SouthernFried is counting on the five-oh.

AepyGm9Me6w

EmptyMan
12-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Dean is a fucking clown. I'd vote for Obama in 2012 if he knocked out that chump. WAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This healthcare bill has been complete chaos. These rats in charge look at this bill as nothing more than political agenda rather than anything to remotely benefit the country. Obama has already proven he was not the total game changer that would go down in the history books for all of time. He could have pwned this country from Day 1 by doing the smart thing, but he just couldn't pass up what he believed to be short-term gain.

Obama inherited a steaming pile of siht, but he ALSO had an amazingly gifted opportunity going in with all of that public momentum on his side. He pissed it away so quickly.

These elite dems speak of "permanent campaign" as if they have no figured out a master plan for domination. Axlerod and co. are freaking geniuses at herding the masses during the regular campaign, but because. of. what. they. are. they have no idea the switch that needs to be flipped in Stage 2 to solidify ownage.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Obama's not on the ticket; people can't just ride his coattails like last time.

Do you think that's a bad thing for them? With Obama's current popularity I doubt anyone except those running in districts with a high % of black vote would seek his help.

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I can name 4 states that the Dems can win in November...I cannot name 4 states that the GOP can win. The economy is already recovering after 8 years of GOP negligence...expect the Dems to remind people who put our economy in this hole and who has gotten us out as we inch closer to Nov. 2010.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I thought Democrats took control of the Hill in 2006.

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
We still had a GOP President declaring wars without Congressional approval. The GOP has been in constant campaign mode since Obama won. The dems? They hold all the power in Washington.

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 11:53 AM
We still had a GOP President declaring wars without Congressional approval. The GOP has been in constant campaign mode since Obama won. The dems? They hold all the power in Washington.

God you are dumb. A President doesn't declare war - Congress is the only branch that has that authority. Everyone knows Bush could not do this without Congress approval. :lol

The people of the USA hold all the power in Washington you dumbass. The politicians that go against what we want will not be there for long. Obama is a one term President. His lies to the people will make that happen.

I really don't know how you can support Obama with him killing all those innocents. Sending more to kill by his orders. He is in two wars and he likes it.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.pollster.com/HealthCarer600.png

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I can name 4 states that the Dems can win in November...I cannot name 4 states that the GOP can win. Dan, are you talking about statehouses or US senators?

If the latter, I have a followup: are you a betting man?

The economy is already recovering after 8 years of GOP negligence...expect the Dems to remind people who put our economy in this hole and who has gotten us out as we inch closer to Nov. 2010.Anticipatory. Consciousness lags the technical recovery; it is not existentially convincing yet.

If the US goes to war with Iran soon, it were rather a mirage IMO.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
The dems? They hold all the power in Washington.

True. Kind of lame to still be blaming the opposition for the decisions made by this majority in the last 3 years and by this president in the last 12 months.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 12:07 PM
True. Kind of lame to still be blaming the opposition for the decisions made by this majority in the last 3 years and by this president in the last 12 months.Agree 100%, but the damage from the last eight years is still being tallied.

Responsibility doesn't strictly follow the election calendar, but also unfolds in historical time.

George Gervin's Afro
12-16-2009, 02:00 PM
True. Kind of lame to still be blaming the opposition for the decisions made by this majority in the last 3 years and by this president in the last 12 months.

so the present problems came about in the last 12 months?

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
so the present problems came about in the last 12 months?

Nah, in the last 12 months they were just deeply aggravated.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
http://www.factcheck.org/demos/factcheck/imagefiles/image/2009/6_16_09_Obama_Jobs/Romer-Bernstein_Chart.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Nah, in the last 12 months they were just deeply aggravated.

so Obama wasn't the cause. So are we not allowed to mention the cause of this current financial mess? The cause that happened prior to 12 months ago?

TheProfessor
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Do you think that's a bad thing for them? With Obama's current popularity I doubt anyone except those running in districts with a high % of black vote would seek his help.
It hasn't gotten to the point where people will run away from Obama, a la Bush. Maybe that will happen before mid-terms, but I still think he's a net gain in terms of funding and getting out the vote.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 02:14 PM
so Obama wasn't the cause. So are we not allowed to mention the cause of this current financial mess? The cause that happened prior to 12 months ago?

The cause? You actually believe there's a singular cause? :wow

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM
It hasn't gotten to the point where people will run away from Obama, a la Bush. Maybe that will happen before mid-terms, but I still think he's a net gain in terms of funding and getting out the vote.

It depends. In some demographies it has already gotten to that point.

TheProfessor
I can name 4 states that the Dems can win in November...I cannot name 4 states that the GOP can win. The economy is already recovering after 8 years of GOP negligence...expect the Dems to remind people who put our economy in this hole and who has gotten us out as we inch closer to Nov. 2010.
This is no longer the GOP's economy in the voters' eyes; Obama owns it, fair or not. That Wall Street/Main Street dialectic is coming back to bite him in the ass, as one is doing fine and the other is struggling. Any quantitative recovery won't mean squat unless voters see people in their community getting stable jobs. I think you're really underestimating the problem for Democrats here. For their sake, they better not make the same mistake.

George Gervin's Afro
The cause? You actually believe there's a singular cause? :wow

No. The were many causes not exlusive to Obama. Glad we could clarify that.

da_suns_fan
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Obama will sign ANY bill that comes to his desk.

In essence, its the swing votes in the senate that have all the power. And theyre not elected by the entire nation. Instead of "checks and balances", we have presidents who will do whatever the party asks them to do.

da_suns_fan
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM
As Politico's Craig Gordon noted about the president's health care maneuvering, "Time and again, [Obama] rebuffed Democrats' requests to speak up more forcefully about what he wanted -- a strategy that allowed Obama to preserve maximum flexibility to declare victory at the end of the process, no matter what the final bill looked like."

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 03:05 PM
a strategy that allowed Obama to preserve maximum flexibility to declare victory at the end of the process, no matter what the final bill looked likeThis.

There won't be any bragging rights next year, or in 2012. It won't even have kicked in, for the most part.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Obama couldn't care less about health care. His only worry is to get re-elected.

baseline bum
12-16-2009, 03:39 PM
The people of the USA hold all the power in Washington you dumbass

:lmao

OK, jack, explain the bank bailout the entire country hated then.

Crookshanks
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM

It will probably be explained in the 2010 elections - when many of those who supported it are tossed out. Many of those on Capitol Hill forgot WHO they work for - but they're getting reminders now and many of them will pay the price come re-election time.

baseline bum
12-16-2009, 04:42 PM
It will probably be explained in the 2010 elections - when many of those who supported it are tossed out. Many of those on Capitol Hill forgot WHO they work for - but they're getting reminders now and many of them will pay the price come re-election time.

I doubt it. It did no harm in 2008 when the bailout anger was at its peak.

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 05:03 PM

I don't understand the question. I'm guessing.

We had no choice to bailout the banks. I didn't hate it. I hate that they are giving themselves big ass bonuses without paying us back. I hate Obama is a hypocrite. Calling them "fat cats" only to spend a million dollars on date night with his wife or having concerts at the White House. Thats being a fat cat!

baseline bum
12-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't understand the question. I'm guessing.

We had no choice to bailout the banks. I didn't hate it. I hate that they are giving themselves big ass bonuses without paying us back. I hate Obama is a hypocrite. Calling them "fat cats" only to spend a million dollars on date night with his wife or having concerts at the White House. Thats being a fat cat!

You said the American people are the ones in power. I pointed out we were almost universally against the bailout in an election year of all times, and it still passed easily.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
You said the American people are the ones in power. I pointed out we were almost universally against the bailout in an election year of all times, and it still passed easily.I was shocked at how tone deaf it was, and how easily and so swiftly -- in Congressional terms, verdad? -- it passed.

da_suns_fan
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Obama couldn't care less about health care. His only worry is to get re-elected.

Do I think he cares? Yeah, Im sure he wants people to have health care.

Do I think he's willing to fight for what he believes is right and risk his chances at a second term? No way.

Do I think he's made it his top agenda because he thinks it will look the best on his resume when he asks for re-election? Absolutely.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
We had no choice to bailout the banks.

Why not?

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 06:45 PM
You said the American people are the ones in power. I pointed out we were almost universally against the bailout in an election year of all times, and it still passed easily.

I disagree. I was for the bailout and pretty much everyone I know was too. There was plenty of reasons why Obama won. He was not Bush or a Clinton. He was a democrat and was black. Perfect candidate for the that time. Oh brother has times changed! Now people want Bush back!

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Why not?

Both parties said our economy would crash!!

baseline bum
12-16-2009, 07:08 PM
the party said our economy would crash!!

fify

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Dan, are you talking about statehouses or US senators?

If the latter, I have a followup: are you a betting man?

I like a reasonable wager............ unfortunately, after the 2004 Presidential election I learned not to gamble on politics and the NBA.......

:lol

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Anticipatory. Consciousness lags the technical recovery; it is not existentially convincing yet.

If the US goes to war with Iran soon, it were rather a mirage

2 things...Phases of the stimulus still haven't kicked in yet and temporary hiring is up pointing to new job creation in the future.....people will vote their wallet in 2010....nobody's gonna remember this health-care bill....that's why I'm with Dean...the Dems need to scrap this bill and start over again with a single-payer system the way it should be...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Dean is a fucking clown..

That ass-clown's 50-state strategy kicked GOP arse in 04 and 08...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
God you are dumb. A President doesn't declare war - Congress is the only branch that has that authority. Everyone knows Bush could not do this without Congress approval.

...pfffff....in every phase that they can be wars, Iraq and Afghanistan are wars...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
True. Kind of lame to still be blaming the opposition for the decisions made by this majority in the last 3 years and by this president in the last 12 months

Nothing unreasonable about it.....Bush fucked our country in every possible way it could be fucked...and the do-nothing GOP Congress and Democratic Blue-dogs like Joe Lieberman and Nelson bent over and took it up the arse...

....you can't fix that overnight, especially not in 12 months...

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
...pfffff....in every phase that they can be wars, Iraq and Afghanistan are wars...

pss. Congress declared war. Bush decided how to fight it. Sort of like your boy Obama is doing now.

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:30 PM
pss. Congress declared war. Bush decided how to fight it. Sort of like your boy Obama is doing now.

Then those captured are war criminals right? Get a clue...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:33 PM

the GOP wants to pretend like the Bush regime never happened....what 8 years of deficit spending? Bush raised the national debt by 5 trillion dollars? But...but Joe Paggs told me that was Obama.....

...pfff....pathetic...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:37 PM
This is no longer the GOP's economy in the voters' eyes; Obama owns it, fair or not. That Wall Street/Main Street dialectic is coming back to bite him in the ass, as one is doing fine and the other is struggling.

Fair or not many companies who borrowed money have paid the money back...the GOP never did that.....

...also, people aren't voting their wallet today....they are voting their wallet in 2010..

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Then those captured are war criminals right? Get a clue...

They should be. Continue by all means......

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Obama will sign ANY bill that comes to his desk.

In essence, its the swing votes in the senate that have all the power. And theyre not elected by the entire nation. Instead of "checks and balances", we have presidents who will do whatever the party asks them to do.

It's called a democracy for a reason...you 'hire' elected officials to make decisions for you...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
As Politico's Craig Gordon noted about the president's health care maneuvering, "Time and again, [Obama] rebuffed Democrats' requests to speak up more forcefully about what he wanted -- a strategy that allowed Obama to preserve maximum flexibility to declare victory at the end of the process, no matter what the final bill looked like."

...this bill is a dog...it has been stripped of every 'health-care reform' it could be stripped of and become a bill co-writing by health-care industry lobbyist..the wing-nuts hates it because they are in the pockets of health-care lobbyists and ...progressives, who elected Obama, hate it because all consumer protections have been taken out......

Yonivore
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Democrats have a veto-proof majority in Congress and a President that wouldn't dream of vetoing anyway -- and, still, they can't pass a bill they say everyone wants.

Maybe, just maybe, Reid, Pelosi, and Obama don't really represent America. Ya think?

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Do I think he cares? Yeah, Im sure he wants people to have health care.

Do I think he's willing to fight for what he believes is right and risk his chances at a second term? No way.

Do I think he's made it his top agenda because he thinks it will look the best on his resume when he asks for re-election? Absolutely.

Obama is losing confidence with his Democratic base because of this bill since it's been stripped of single-payer and the govt. option...that doesn't bode well for someone who wants to be re-elected..

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM

Maybe, just maybe, Reid, Pelosi, and Obama don't really represent America. Ya think?

:rolleyes

Why? Did they vote against the bill?

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Democrats have a veto-proof majority in Congress and a President that wouldn't dream of vetoing anyway -- and, still, they can't pass a bill they say everyone wants.

Veto-proof would be with no Joe Lieberman...meanwhile, Lieberman walks away with millions in new health-care 'donations' to his campaign...and consumers will continue to see record increases in the costs of health-care......Yeaaaah...

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I disagree. I was for the bailout and pretty much everyone I know was too. There was plenty of reasons why Obama won. He was not Bush or a Clinton. He was a democrat and was black. Perfect candidate for the that time. Oh brother has times changed! Now people want Bush back!

Nobody wants Bush back, the GOP doesn't even want to own Bush, get off the talk-radio crack...

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 08:02 PM

It is unreal. They ran through all the excuses. Blame Bush, blame the republicans, polls are wrong, it's Fox's fault, tea baggers are nazis,etc......

Here were all our months after this was suppose to be passed on the brink of the whole thing being killed. I see why they would kill the whole thing. It's nothing what Obama wanted. We are now watching the dems just try to save face and that independent Senator said "Fuck them, lets make them wait"

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM

Nobody wants Bush back, the GOP doesn't even want to own Bush, get off the talk-radio crack...

Sorry son, I don't listen to any political talk radio. Just another far left democratic ways of saying "fuck they are on to me" :lol

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry son, I don't listen to any political talk radio. Just another far left democratic ways of saying "fuck they are on to me" :lol

...so the fact that every talk-radio echo-chamber wing-nut was saying it yesterday didn't have anything to do with your statement...weird..

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
So Nbadan, do you agree with Dr. Dean or with Obama?

florige
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM

:lol What people are they?

jack sommerset
12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
:lol What people are they?

I would take him back in a heartbeat and I'm sure others here on this site would as well.

A new Gallup poll released today found that President Obama’s approval rating continues to dip. But the poll also uncovered a much more disturbing fact: 44 percent of Americans would be happier with George W. Bush back in the White House. My, how quickly we forget.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gallup-poll-44-percent-of-americans-want-bush-back.html

ChumpDumper
12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
lol prisonplanet

symple19
12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
lol prisonplanet

that's what I was thinking

jack sommerset
12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
This bill is dead. They won't even give him a extra minute.

iUEypqnjufw

TheProfessor
12-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Keep dreaming. It's Ben Nelson who's the problem at the moment, actually.

jack sommerset
12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Don't be naive. The whole party is in a tailspin. Most Americans don't want whatever bill of the week they are putting up, the global warming peeps admitted they lied, people know all about the cap and trade bs, everyone knows Obama lied his ass off... I can go on but I don't want too but these are what the dems support. All coming down.

TheProfessor
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Don't be naive. The whole party is in a tailspin. Most Americans don't want whatever bill of the week they are putting up, the global warming peeps admitted they lied, people know all about the cap and trade bs, everyone knows Obama lied his ass off... I can go on but I don't want too but these are what the dems support. All coming down.
All the more reason to get healthcare through ASAP, even with the polls - get something done and move on to jobs. The political price for failing to pass it is too steep.

mogrovejo
12-17-2009, 10:13 PM
All the more reason to get healthcare through ASAP, even with the polls - get something done and move on to jobs. The political price for failing to pass it is too steep.

I agree, they can't afford to not pass it. But it was still a spectacular failure - this bill is just bad news in the future for those who own it. Right now, passing it is just the less of two evils.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2009, 10:17 PM
What's the big bad part of it now from a Republican standpoint?

Winehole23
12-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Right now, passing it is just the less of two evils.We say lesser in English. The lesser of two evils.

Ignignokt
12-17-2009, 11:20 PM
We say lesser in English. The lesser of two evils.

We're just glad you're here, we feel safer now!

TheProfessor
12-19-2009, 09:46 AM
This bill is dead.
You were saying?

jack sommerset
12-19-2009, 10:05 AM
You were saying?

I forgot politicians have zero humility.:lol

TheProfessor
12-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I forgot politicians have zero humility.:lol
:lol Does this mean I'm a politician?

Winehole23
12-19-2009, 04:12 PM
We're just glad you're here, we feel safer now!Enjoy your new ally. You two deserve each other.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-19-2009, 04:37 PM
What's the big bad part of it now from a Republican standpoint?

I guess the cost in the end would be too obvious. But I'm sure you'll reply with some condescending reply about how the estimates show it lowering costs or something (because we all know how accurate those estimates have been in the past...).

ChumpDumper
12-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I guess the cost in the end would be too obvious. But I'm sure you'll reply with some condescending reply about how the estimates show it lowering costs or something (because we all know how accurate those estimates have been in the past...).What do you think the cost will be in the end?

I think the mandate has its problems, but there seem to be tangible health and cost benefits to be had from doing it that way if you look at governments that have instituted them. I think the overall goals would be worth the continued tinkering that would have to take place.