PDA

View Full Version : Taking stupid pills ? Or lazy ? Defending the pick and roll !

Mavs<Spurs
12-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Are Antonio McDyess and Tim Duncan stupid or just lazy ? Or both ?

I haven't decided which. But I have to have some explanation for why they hardly even pretend to come out on pick and roll defense. They let Steve Nash turn the corner repeatedly. They should have walled him off.

And the only explanations that I can come up with are (1) stupidity (2) laziness or (3) both.

It's early in the game, but this is ridiculous and unacceptable. And to see that they aren't upset about allowing 3 lay ups by Nash after their mistake, no embarrassment, no manning up, no response. As if this is no big deal.

Poor sign. Looks like the Spurs will get routed in this game. Satisfied because they won their second road game and it was a rout ?

As good as they looked last game, they look that bad.
I hope that they turn up the defensive intensity, the mental focus, and the effort the rest of the night. If they do, they can turn it around. If not, then look for our Spurs to get routed.

Crap !

:wow

HarlemHeat37
12-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Some of it is laziness and some of it is because they aren't mobile enough to do it..2 old guys with a lot of wear and tear playing together isn't a good formula for stopping teams like Phoenix..

It also doesn't help that Parker has become one of the worst defenders in the NBA..

Creation88
12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Tony has deteriorated as a defender, as has Manu. the whole team has been terrible so far this year.

AussieFanKurt
12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Just pitiful defense. So bad

exstatic
12-15-2009, 09:42 PM
There's a game thread for that.

nbaman99
12-15-2009, 09:44 PM
there is no heart right now, playing lazy ball by us and making stupid shots. if we play like this, its going to be another lost game against a good team.

Mavs<Spurs
12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
There's a game thread for that.

Yeah, but this pissed me off so much and I thought it was important enough for its own thread. Sometimes, something from a game is important enough to deserve its own thread. For me, this was so bad, it deserved its own thread. I totally understand if many / most people disagree. And I will also understand if it is merged with the game thread. I gave my reason for this above, but owners - Kori and LJ - get to make the calls.

Totally unacceptable. pathetic. pick and roll defense.

:bang:bang:bang

Really pissed me off !

:nope

:wow

Budkin
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Damn this is bullshit. You'd think they would have some pride... or something.

nbaman99
12-15-2009, 10:13 PM
What so bad is i think suns playing better defense than us. Hope we get to cut that lead way down so we can try to get a win, if not we will loose this game. yes it does not look like we have any pride right now.

picc84
12-15-2009, 10:14 PM
The only thing missing from the spurs PnR defense is Bowen smothering Nash's passing angles.

nbaman99
12-15-2009, 11:14 PM
if anyone have championship dreams this year, let it go. its easier that way. We need to huge tread for a young defender, someone like bell to fill the bowen's place, otherwise we cant win anything this year. Maybe another early exit.

TIMMYD!
12-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Tim is the only one that did shit. Leave him out.

SamoanTD
12-15-2009, 11:40 PM
damn bowen we took you for granted :depressed

nbaman99
12-15-2009, 11:45 PM
damn bowen we took you for granted

ohh yes we did

alchemist
12-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I've seen Timmy miss so many easy rebounds that bounce his way, all he has to do is move a couple feet to get the ball. What happens is that the opponent usually ends up with the ball again.

So I ask myself, is Tim being lazy for those rebounds or is that just old legs? The same can be said for Dice.

SenorSpur
12-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Pure laziness.

Parker is just as big of an offender.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Duncan's rebounding % is the 2nd highest of his career so far..the ability is the same IMO..he is lazy at times and lacks energy at times though..he's also had to carry this team for most of the year, so I don't know if he just loses his legs by the end of the game..

alchemist
12-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Duncan's rebounding % is the 2nd highest of his career so far..the ability is the same IMO..he is lazy at times and lacks energy at times though..he's also had to carry this team for most of the year, so I don't know if he just loses his legs by the end of the game..
honestly I've seen this happen more in the first 2 quarters than the 3rd or 4th, he's probably just saving his legs.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 12:40 AM
possibly..I don't know, I'm just saying, based on the numbers, his rebounding % has been as good as ever..

Duncan has been known to save himself in the last few seasons, so you're probably right..