PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will not hit 50 wins this season

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 12:46 AM
I have been very optimistic but enough is enough.This team has no heart especially parker.Only Duncan and blair play hard night in night out.Our D today was pathetic.The suns got every shot they wanted.I dont remember ever seeing manu back off a 3pt shooter.Rj and manu combining for 11 pts, TP averaging 3.5 TO which is a career high, and an absence of a defensive stopper r some of the problems we're having.We could not slow the game down at all because pop wanted tp play small ball.Why not put tim and blair in and punish them in the post.How can we lose to a team with minimal talent??
They only have nash and stat who r scary then u have 37 year old hill destroying us and gradic have a career night against us!
Pop needs to go back to his D.
parker needs a month off.
Rj and manu needs to become consistent.
Mavs r so much better than us on offense and D thi season
We will make the playoffs but we'll be a bottom seed and we'll lose in the 1st round.
this team is loaded but pop doesnt know how to use the talent.i was sure we would play the lakers in the WCF but now I'm sure of a 1st round exit.
The suns never dominated us like this b4.
why does our big man on the pick and role continue to double team the pg and leave the big man open.thats wehy stat killed us.With a small team like the suns we shouldve pounded those midgets like barkely said b4.Pop needs to make up his mind what kind of team we want to be
We are mentally weak.Once we fall behind we never come back.Where r the days when we always came back??We dont because we have no D.we cant get stops.the last 2 years we could get stops but cant score.now its the opposite.the nuggets were down by 20 and beat the suns.i was watching the lakers 2day and they were down by 10 and came back to win.If we continue to play unmotivated ball we should just trade tim to a team where they wanna win because we r just wasting his last years.
POP PLEASE STEP UP.BE THE TOUGH COACH YOU ONCE WERE

AFBlue
12-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Jesus, ANOTHER fairweather fan.

This is unbearable.

GTFO!

alamo50
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Who cares?
As long as we end the regular season on fire, diving in the play-offs vs. Denver again.

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, it would be great to get HCA, but I think it was evident from the beginning that this team was going to take some time to gel. Most of us didn't think it would take this long. But it is still a work in progress.

As long as they make the play-offs, it doesn't matter how many wins they get. In the meantime we can all keep saying, "it's only December, it's only January, it's only March..."

mexicanjunior
12-16-2009, 11:10 AM
If a top 4 seed is not realistic come February, they should really shut it down and hope for the best in the lottery.

BadOne
12-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Chill out bro, we'll make the 50 win mark. But it matters little if we don't win in the postseason.

I agree that although home court advantage is great, if this team finds a way to fire on all cylinders CONSISTANTLY, they can and should be a tough team to beat even on the road. The schedule seems loaded with traditionally weaker teams [Clips, Warriors, Knicks, Griz, etc] and while its no promise that they'd win those games, we know that they should. There's a fair amount of "good" teams [Hawks, Blazers, Jazz] that S.A. will continue to measure up against and try to compete with. The "elite" teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Magic are not too many. We can almost expect them to beat the sub-.500 teams. If they can beat the majority of the small amount of [good] teams, and at least half of the "elite" teams, they can possibly get up to 58 wins, however again, all of that is fruitless if they don't stand a chance in the playoffs. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before they split the stone, but if and when they do, it'll be worth the wait. :lobt2:

-BADONE

SamoanTD
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I really don't give a fuck if we are 1-8 WTF does it matter we are going to have to play those teams some time if we want to win a championship so why the fuck does it matter as long as we are one of the 16 in the playoffs im good and shit who knows lets go for broke and upset a motherfucker.

nkdlunch
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Who cares?
As long as we end the regular season on fire, diving in the play-offs vs. Denver again.

:tu

nkdlunch
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
If a top 4 seed is not realistic come February, they should really shut it down and hope for the best in the lottery.

:lol

spurtech09
12-16-2009, 03:59 PM
aslong as the spurs make the play-offs im good

SamoanTD
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
:toast

urunobili
12-16-2009, 04:02 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/115/7/e/__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

Chomag
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM

IS expectations this low?

SamoanTD
12-16-2009, 04:06 PM
IS expectations this low?
no I still expect a championship :flag:just really dont care about where we seed in the playoffs

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
no I still expect a championship :flag:just really dont care about where we seed in the playoffs

How the hell do you expect to win a championship when you can't even win a road game. You DEFINITELY need home court advantage.

SamoanTD
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
How the hell do you expect to win a championship when you can't even win a road game. You DEFINITELY need home court advantage.
we have 2 road wins thats enough in the playoffs :lmao:lmao

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Who cares?

:nope Nuggets and Spurs can't meet till WCF. Besides, the Nuggets would sweep the Spurs in the 1st round :ihit:lol

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
we have 2 road wins thats enough in the playoffs :lmao:lmao

Thats very logical. thanks for clarifying.

mexicanjunior
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
:lol

This team needs at least 1 round of HCA to do anything in the playoffs. If they don't have it, they are done...why not try to get the next franchise player instead of being embarrassed like last year?

SamoanTD
12-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Thats very logical. thanks for clarifying.
anytime my friend anytime lol

JustinJDW
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
We may not get a #2 or #3 Playoff Seed, but I am confident we will win at least 50 games. We always do.

NFGIII
12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Way too early to say that. When they gell - and not if - then this team has the talent to win 10-15 games in a row. There are only some many elite teams in this league so long winning streaks can be had.

Though somewhat concerned I won't hit the panic button until mid to late January. If at that point this team has cut down o their TOS, stepped up in the D dept. and integrated RJ - be it on the 1st unit or 2nd - then I'm going to be satisfied that they have turned the ocorner and are moving forward as a team.

Otherwise :bang :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
not concern man,

as long we make the playoffs, in a 7 games series anything can happen....