Capt Jack wanted to come here

Rj sucks and has no heart

/justsayin

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:59 AM

/justsayin

I agree.Sjax plays like a man and continues to attack and plays great D.remember when he shut down Dirk in 2007.RJ is a chicken.if his first 2 or 3 shots dont go down he panics and settles for jump shots.this guy once lead the NBA in FTA.why the hell isnt he attacking??he could dunk on anyone.Pop needs to change his mentality.take him out of the starting line up and put manu.he is obviously sucking there.

gospursgojas
12-16-2009, 02:05 AM
I agree he should not be starting...hell he should not be on my team. But if he does not start, that's one expensive bench player :(

Sean Cagney
12-16-2009, 02:16 AM
I hate to this day we traded for this guy, I know the others we traded were not much better now, but it ruined any chance of getting anyone in the next two yeas to help us out with his contract :( I have never been a fan of this guy even in NJ, I thought Kidd did him very well there and was not a fan even then. I am not not fan and probably never will be of RJ unless he gives us a huge playoff run.

Indazone
12-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Well if Parker gives the ball to RJ and the Spurs actually start running the pick and roll for him and setting some hard screens, then he might actually become productive.

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm not sure why people say RJ doesn't have a heart. He's highly overrated. Your seeing the real RJ. I'm sure he's trying. I knew what the spurs were getting when they signed him. He's not suprising me one bit. But heart, he's got heart.

gospursgojas
12-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Well if Parker gives the ball to RJ and the Spurs actually start running the pick and roll for him and setting some hard screens, then he might actually become productive.

Oh please...gtfo with that argument. That argument was so 2 weeks ago. I'm sure rj has played his way out of the whole not being included in the offense argument.

There's no more excuses for the guy and Pop knows it.

He needs to figure out how to get involved in the offense...and you can't blame his teamates for that

TheSpursFNRule
12-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Sjax is such a man. RJ is such a pussy. Story has been told.

gospursgojas
12-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Problem is...now I think both parties are happy about jack being in char.

Bobcats won't trade him

Gs would have

Indazone
12-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Oh please...gtfo with that argument. That argument was so 2 weeks ago. I'm sure rj has played his way out of the whole not being included in the offense argument.

There's no more excuses for the guy and Pop knows it.

He needs to figure out how to get involved in the offense...and you can't blame his teamates for that

I just don't think that RJ is that gifted of an athlete and certainly not with 14 mil. He comes from a crappy team so I think running a few set plays for him might help especially where he likes to take his shots.

objective
12-16-2009, 02:45 AM
In defense of the Spurs management . . .

When the Spurs did the deal for RJ, Golden State was refusing to dump Jackson. In fact they did do a salary dump right after the RJ trade, but it was Crawford to Atlanta. The Spurs had a deadline with Oberto's contract which I think was June 30th if I remember right, and had to cut by then to save half the money off the deal. It took months more of being a cancer and dropping chemistry bombs to get GS to finally dump Jackson.

-----

I was greatly in favor of getting Jackson before all the deals went down, but it wasn't meant to be at least before free agency. One thing I'm confident of now is that the athletic difference between S-Jax and Jefferson at this point in his career . . . is very little. Jefferson isn't the athletic stud he was a few years ago.

And he gets all the dumb turnovers as Jackson does (is there a worse inbounder in the NBA among starters?) but without any of the clutch shooting or rough defense.

ElNono
12-16-2009, 03:01 AM

When the Spurs did the deal for RJ, Golden State was refusing to dump Jackson. In fact they did do a salary dump right after the RJ trade, but it was Crawford to Atlanta. The Spurs had a deadline with Oberto's contract which I think was June 30th if I remember right, and had to cut by then to save half the money off the deal. It took months more of being a cancer and dropping chemistry bombs to get GS to finally dump Jackson.

-----

I was greatly in favor of getting Jackson before all the deals went down, but it wasn't meant to be at least before free agency. One thing I'm confident of now is that the athletic difference between S-Jax and Jefferson at this point in his career . . . is very little. Jefferson isn't the athletic stud he was a few years ago.

And he gets all the dumb turnovers as Jackson does (is there a worse inbounder in the NBA among starters?) but without any of the clutch shooting or rough defense.

That's what I was going to say... I don't think SJax was on the table when we pulled the trigger on Jefferson... and you can't blame the FO for going with Richard. On paper, everybody thought it was a great addition. I still think he can be.

Whisky Dog
12-16-2009, 03:29 AM
The Spurs got Jefferson for scraps, there is no reason to complain.

The Spurs are a piece or two away. They have too many mediocre options and not enough star quality options to be among the best in the NBA.

alchemist
12-16-2009, 03:33 AM
THE GREAT SJAX. All the woes would be solved. :lol

Sean Cagney
12-16-2009, 03:33 AM
The Spurs got Jefferson for scraps, there is no reason to complain.

The Spurs are a piece or two away. They have too many mediocre options and not enough star quality options to be among the best in the NBA.

Welp then if what we have is what we have then no shot in hell at the titles ince you put it that way :( That hurts to say and it's reality right now. We are a piece or two away, and yes we got RJ for scraps and he is not the cure nor the bad part of this team right now. Bowen was done and so was Fab etc. so we got him for nothing. I hope he can work out and help us win, but as of now he is so up and down it's crazy, nothing much more to say there.

alchemist
12-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Welp then if what we have is what we have then no shot in hell at the titles ince you put it that way :( That hurts to say and it's reality right now. We are a piece or two away, and yes we got RJ for scraps and he is not the cure nor the bad part of this team right now. Bowen was done and so was Fab etc. so we got him for nothing. I hope he can work out and help us win, but as of now he is so up and down it's crazy, nothing much more to say there.
The whole team is up and down, outside of Duncan there hasn't been consistency.

Ice009
12-16-2009, 03:51 AM

Should have kept Bruce Bowen at least.

I still don't get that. I thought the trade was done so that if Bruce was waived the Spurs would automatically resign him after he clears wavers.

I don't get how you're saying Bruce was done. He still played better defense that anyone on the roster now with TD being the exception. This would have been great for Bruce to only half to play 20-25 minutes max with this current roster.

antgomez2009
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Should have kept Bruce Bowen at least.

I still don't get that. I thought the trade was done so that if Bruce was waived the Spurs would automatically resign him after he clears wavers.

I don't get how you're saying Bruce was done. He still played better defense that anyone on the roster now with TD being the exception. This would have been great for Bruce to only half to play 20-25 minutes max with this current roster.

+1

I think the Spurs are really feeling the effects of not picking up Bowen again. Yea, he was getting older, but he was still in excellent shape, and he can still guard like a lil pesky fly no body likes!!!

All in all, i think the Rj addition can prove to be brilliant, only if he starts to be more consistent as can be said for the rest of the Spurs (minus Tim), and play tough D!

right now, i feel they can have the highest ceiling in the NBA, they just need to build on it!!!

spurtech09
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't think the problem is with rj.......the spurs defense just plain sux right now....

Ice009
12-16-2009, 08:08 PM
+1

I think the Spurs are really feeling the effects of not picking up Bowen again. Yea, he was getting older, but he was still in excellent shape, and he can still guard like a lil pesky fly no body likes!!!

All in all, i think the Rj addition can prove to be brilliant, only if he starts to be more consistent as can be said for the rest of the Spurs (minus Tim), and play tough D!

right now, i feel they can have the highest ceiling in the NBA, they just need to build on it!!!

Why couldn't Bruce play on this team? Why couldn't he split time with RJ?

I just don't get it. He certainly didn't decline enough to retire.

BOHOLANO#21
12-16-2009, 09:15 PM

/justsayin
agree...i wish the SPURS waited longer before deciding on RJ...looking by the number how capt. jack flourish even now in charlotte made me puke...not even comparing their numbers...RJ played longer with the SPURS than capt. jack with the bobcats. just saying.

BOHOLANO#21
12-16-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't think the problem is with rj.......the spurs defense just plain sux right now....
RJ is paid 14 million a year and had only 4 points last night?:lmao

itzsoweezee
12-16-2009, 09:24 PM
yeah, spurs are really need someone to jack up a bunch of shots and shoot under 40%.

sjax is not the answer.

L.I.T
12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
RJ is paid 14 million a year and had only 4 points last night?:lmao

Blah blah...he's over-payed blah.

I agree with Indazone, the Spurs should be running more pick and rolls and curls with this guy. Put him on the move more. His entire career he has been a player more adept on playing on the move than as a catch-and-shoot guy. Mike Finley/Steve Smith/Mario Elie he is not.

Johnny RIngo
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
yeah, spurs are really need someone to jack up a bunch of shots and shoot under 40%.

sjax is not the answer.

Ariza, Carter, and Sjax would have all been better options than Jefferson. RJ's too soft for Spurs basketball.

z0sa
12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Disagree.

Seventyniner
12-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Remember that the Spurs didn't sign RJ to that contract. He was probably the best available player given that the Spurs really only had expiring contracts to offer.

But the defense is really the problem with this team. Pop's system is so team-oriented that it will take a lot of time for all the newcomers to really work as a single unit on that end of the floor. All basketball players at this level know how to score, but team defense takes a lot of cohesion and time together. It will come.

pjjrfan
12-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Some interesting points. A lot of guys in the league have talent, Jefferson is no exception, what I think is that he lacks that inner fire that I as a fan was hoping he could provide. I haven't seen RJ make an impact in a big game he's played passive and a couple of times just plain choked. But that's not to say he can't become an impact player as the season goes along, I personally just don't see it happening, and believe me I want it to happen. As far as the move for getting him, I would've done the same thing, RJ has the talent, but having said this, I'd be totally pissed off with this guy at this point.
The Bowen point is solid I thnk, the Spurs just won't convince me that Bogans is a much better option than Bruce at any time. Look at how they are playing Bogans, they could've done that with Bruce plus Bruce is respected by the refs as far as his game is concerned, right now Hill and Bogans are not always allowed to play as aggressive defensively as I'm sure both of them would like.

Capt Bringdown
12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought this might be another Scola thread, that's when the "Spurs missing out" meme really took shape.

Spurs FO benefited from good luck. Now things are starting to average out. But when the league's putting together absurd Gasol trades, how can anyone compete against that?

draft87
12-17-2009, 12:45 AM

-----

Thank God for someone who realizes that there's more to drafting/trading/signing/playing than just wanting to. I guarantee all the people flooding the board with threads about fantasy transactions and prescribed starting lineups ignore articles that involve salary, contract length, cap/roster space. All the criticizing of Jefferson's contract is a bullshit cop-out. The term 'Fakers' has a new meaning- Lame-Os claiming to be Spurs fans who have all the answers and big mouths but "don't know shit about basketball"
all they know how to do is yell loud when the Spur win and when they don't they just shit talk the easiest target who didn't score enough points because all they know is that somehow, the ball has to get in the basket. ..and while that's the point of the game, there's a reason why we watch the NBA instead of local little league. Professional basketball is a game of skill. It involves competition.

I swear these people would be ok if the league was the Spurs team vs elementary school midgets, as long as it meant that the Spurs were winning championships. Why be a Spurs fan? Why be dedicated to the MOST RESPECTED franchise in professional sports if you don't recognize the remarkable accomplishment of assembling a winning team in a small market while staying under the luxury tax for 12 years and NEVER getting a draft pick earlier than 26th?!?!?!?! Spoiled brats have the greatest power forward EVER who is such a champion that he makes the team elite with a cast 'scrubs' and late draft picks to the league elite. ...a hard working front office that turned the last pick of the 1st round and the second to last pick of the 2nd round into all-star/household name/Finals MVP level players....

The Fakers don't give a shit about Jefferson's 14 million. Seriously, don't let them pretend otherwise. It's just an easy way to try to include fact in their ignorant rants. Stephen Jackson's contract is half Jefferson's annually but is also overvalued. But the Fakers pay no mind to those details, they just want an easy way to whine that for the first time in 12 years we're seriously looking at less than 50 wins.

But I guess it doesn't surprise me that the Fakers want Stephen Jackson. He'd blend in well with the kind of people that behave badly when their team plays poorly and doesn't win. They publicly ask for trades and bad-mouth their own team.....

gospursgojas
12-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Thank God for someone who realizes that there's more to drafting/trading/signing/playing than just wanting to. I guarantee all the people flooding the board with threads about fantasy transactions and prescribed starting lineups ignore articles that involve salary, contract length, cap/roster space. All the criticizing of Jefferson's contract is a bullshit cop-out. The term 'Fakers' has a new meaning- Lame-Os claiming to be Spurs fans who have all the answers and big mouths but "don't know shit about basketball"
all they know how to do is yell loud when the Spur win and when they don't they just shit talk the easiest target who didn't score enough points because all they know is that somehow, the ball has to get in the basket. ..and while that's the point of the game, there's a reason why we watch the NBA instead of local little league. Professional basketball is a game of skill. It involves competition.

I swear these people would be ok if the league was the Spurs team vs elementary school midgets, as long as it meant that the Spurs were winning championships. Why be a Spurs fan? Why be dedicated to the MOST RESPECTED franchise in professional sports if you don't recognize the remarkable accomplishment of assembling a winning team in a small market while staying under the luxury tax for 12 years and NEVER getting a draft pick earlier than 26th?!?!?!?! Spoiled brats have the greatest power forward EVER who is such a champion that he makes the team elite with a cast 'scrubs' and late draft picks to the league elite. ...a hard working front office that turned the last pick of the 1st round and the second to last pick of the 2nd round into all-star/household name/Finals MVP level players....

The Fakers don't give a shit about Jefferson's 14 million. Seriously, don't let them pretend otherwise. It's just an easy way to try to include fact in their ignorant rants. Stephen Jackson's contract is half Jefferson's annually but is also overvalued. But the Fakers pay no mind to those details, they just want an easy way to whine that for the first time in 12 years we're seriously looking at less than 50 wins.

But I guess it doesn't surprise me that the Fakers want Stephen Jackson. He'd blend in well with the kind of people that behave badly when their team plays poorly and doesn't win. They publicly ask for trades and bad-mouth their own team.....

Yell loud > 3-4 paragraph rant about nothing

And, are you richard jefferson?

The III
12-17-2009, 01:25 AM
gospursgojas is a windsox !

the seasons not even at the halfway point, "lighten up Francis ".

gospursgojas
12-17-2009, 01:50 AM
gospursgojas is a windsox !

the seasons not even at the halfway point, "lighten up Francis ".

I don't even know what that means