12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/#34444334

EmptyMan
12-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Living Legend.

Among the last of a dying breed.

Ryvin1
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Can't say we were not warned, just that we as a people didn't listen and passed on an chance on actual solution.

MiamiHeat
12-16-2009, 03:25 PM
He really needs to tweak his positions on a few things so he can get elected

Stop talking about destroying the FED. Instead, talk about reforming the FED.

things like that. people might think he's wacky when he talks like that, even though he's correct.

once he's in the White House, then he can do whatever he wants. Once the people see that it was good, they will cheer

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 03:30 PM
once he's in the White House, then he can do whatever he wants. Once the people see that it was good, they will cheerNo way. Never gonna happen.

MiamiHeat
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
why

EmptyMan
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM
He really needs to tweak his positions on a few things so he can get elected

Stop talking about destroying the FED. Instead, talk about reforming the FED.

things like that. people might think he's wacky when he talks like that, even though he's correct.

once he's in the White House, then he can do whatever he wants. Once the people see that it was good, they will cheer

That's how you know he is legit though. If he were really a conniving sonofabitch politician, he could get elected by tweaking his foreign policy etc. Instead he just says what he says and banks on the toldyaso's when the country falls because people were stupid enough to fall for the conniving sonsabitches.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
whyRP won't run.

MiamiHeat
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
That's how you know he is legit though. If he were really a conniving sonofabitch politician, he could get elected by tweaking his foreign policy etc. Instead he just says what he says and banks on the toldyaso's when the country falls because people were stupid enough to fall for the conniving sonsabitches.

Guess who gets shit done, though? the "conniving sonsabitches"

He needs to learn how to adapt, in the interest of progress and good will, or just be another dreamer who never gets shit done.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 03:48 PM
If he did, he couldn't possibly win.

EmptyMan
12-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Yep. The real deal savior of America will have to be stealthy like a ninja until he or she gets in office.

"Oh yeah...now that I'm in office I have one thing to say.

We are fixing social security, bitches. SHOCK AND AWE I saiiiiiddd"

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Yep. The real deal savior of America will have to be stealthy like a ninja until he or she gets in office.Just sorta sneak up on it, you think? That doesn't sound like an orderly transition of office to me. :lol

Go ahead and pine for charismatic national saviors, EM. I'll be right behind you...

...way, way behind you.

boutons_deux
12-16-2009, 04:29 PM
dubya got into office by stealth, hiding the fact that he was invading Iraq-for-oil no-matter-what.

jacobdrj
12-16-2009, 04:53 PM
So Ron Paul = By-Gone-Good-Ole-Andy-Jackson?
Scary thought.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 05:02 PM
dubya got into office by stealth, hiding the fact that he was invading Iraq-for-oil no-matter-what.Sloppy. GWB was openly installed by an en banc decision of the Supreme Court in 2000.

Bush may have smuggled the idee fixe of war on Saddam in with him, but he didn't have to keep it a secret for long.

After 9/11, there was never any doubt Bush would take us to war in Iraq and really no decent attempt was made to conceal the fact thereafter.

spursncowboys
12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Sloppy. GWB was openly installed by an en banc decision of the Supreme Court in 2000.

Bush may have smuggled the idee fixe of war on Saddam in with him, but he didn't have to keep it a secret for long.

After 9/11, there was never any doubt Bush would take us to war in Iraq and really no decent attempt was made to conceal the fact thereafter.

bush won by getting more electoral votes than gore. all the ways gore tried to steal the election were unsuccessful.
Also I wonder if the reason why he was set on going to war with iraq was that the clinton team said hussein was the biggest foreign policy problem for usa. I wonder with the new post 9-11 with everyone expecting another attack within a year of happeniing that bush looked at past issues with a little more vigor. An evil dictator with nukes was a scary thought.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
bush won by getting more electoral votes than gore. all the ways gore tried to steal the election were unsuccessful.True. I was not contesting the validity of election 2000, but merely pointing out one of its odder details.

EmptyMan
12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Just sorta sneak up on it, you think? That doesn't sound like an orderly transition of office to me. :lol

Go ahead and pine for charismatic national saviors, EM. I'll be right behind you...

...way, way behind you.

The real savior of America will have to play it cool enough to get in office, then drop the bombs so to speak. The stuff that needs to be done will have horrid short-term pain but the current and past politicians have given The Answer no other option. And I'm not talking about the "We must raise taxes we have no other options", while continuing the same ol' treachery of the past.

The truth hurts, and hurt doesn't get you elected. Entertainment Tonight does. :lol:bang

I'll never forget the Republican goons & Media laughing Ron Paul off the stage at the debates.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
The stuff that needs to be done will have horrid short-term painIs that a promise? :lol

You should make a demo video, stat.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Maybe you could get Mel Gibson to direct the movie.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 06:06 PM
So, how much pork is Ron Paul bringing home this Christmas? He talks the talk, though.

Winehole23
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
So, how much pork is Ron Paul bringing home this Christmas? A level commensurate with his seniority I would think.

When Victoria and Brazoria Counties get sick of RP, he's toast, but not a minute before.

What you call pork might be considered jobs, financial assistance and opportunities for the home district. All politics is local, right?

RP seems to be feathering his nest, what else can you say?

I thought he fought a pretty good fight. He fought his way up to the level of (ok, minor) political relevance, from a background of total, fringy irrelevance not even ten years ago.

My hat's off to him. He was a guy I could agree with about half way. I don't expect to see many more like him.

Nbadan
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Ron Paul talks a good game, but then leaves Washington with a pocket full of ear-marks...