PDA

View Full Version : best Italian food deal around

Blake
12-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Zios:

Feed 4 deal

you get a big ass bowl of spahetti and meatballs and a big ass bowl of chicken alfredo (or two bowls of one of these)

+ bread loaves

+ 4 salads (or soup)

$19.99

It may not be anywhere near the tastiest Italian food ever, but it's by far the best deal.

On top of that, the atmosphere is nice and 9 times out of 10, the service is good.

We're almost getting burned out on eating there........almost.

Frenzy
12-16-2009, 01:05 PM
drinks what about drinks are the included... and is it endless bread and salad? If not....

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

jack sommerset
12-16-2009, 01:10 PM
drinks what about drinks are the included... and is it endless bread and salad? If not....

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You are one cheap bastard. 20 bucks at a restaurant for 4 people is McDonald prices. And whats up with your sig, it's creepy.

Blake
12-16-2009, 01:15 PM

drinks are standard $2+ price. They do have free water if you can't afford a drink.

Endless bread, one nice sized salad.

Chomag
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Thats a really good deal. Thanks blake for the heads up.:tu

I just might be able to eat-out again. lol

Frenzy
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
You are one cheap bastard. 20 bucks at a restaurant for 4 people is McDonald prices. And whats up with your sig, it's creepy.

haha just busting the ball jeeze. My sig... surprised no one asked how they go to the restroom.

JudynTX
12-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Blake,

Have you ever eaten at Milano's on Nacogdoches?

Spurminator
12-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Pizza Hut any pizza for $10.

:lol

I. Hustle
12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Wake me when you've paid for my meal.

mrsmaalox
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't eat Italian out much, but as far as the chain restaurants go I prefer Zio's. The food is decent, but the atmosphere is very nice and the service is impeccable. I've found that one of those 3 is always lacking at the other chains.

Blake
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Blake,

Have you ever eaten at Milano's on Nacogdoches?

uhh.....I think so.....

is it closer to Loop 410 or is it heading on out towards 1604 near that WalMart?

If it's close to the Wal Mart, then yup.......but it's been a while.

Blake
12-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Pizza Hut any pizza for $10.

:lol

....which if you are just a one or two topping person is not that great of a deal when you break it down

JudynTX
12-16-2009, 01:52 PM
uhh.....I think so.....

is it closer to Loop 410 or is it heading on out towards 1604 near that WalMart?

It's not too far away from the Quarry. Nacogdoches/Broadway area.

Mmmmm, good stuff. Nice place to take the wifey.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 01:54 PM
In Milan, my favourites are the 13 Giugno in the Via Garibaldi and the Trattoria della Pesa next to the Garibaldi doors. I also like the Boeucc, but I find it crazy expensive, so it's reserved for professional meals only. And Spontini for cheap pizzas. In Rome my favourite restaurant is the "ristorante dei communisti". Don't know the actual name, but everybody knows the nickname. But I mostly eat in a small snack-bar in Trastevere that serves the best artichoke soup in the world.

Spurstro
12-16-2009, 02:48 PM
uhh.....I think so.....

I think you are thinking of Pompeii or something like that.

JoeChalupa
12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
We went to Zio's a few weeks ago for that meal deal and we did not leave hungry. Plenty of food for all of us and the service was great. Went to the one on Pat Booker. We are going to do it again.

ploto
12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Used to like Zio's but it has gone downhill since it was sold.

SAtown
12-16-2009, 03:28 PM
In Milan, my favourites are the 13 Giugno in the Via Garibaldi and the Trattoria della Pesa next to the Garibaldi doors. I also like the Boeucc, but I find it crazy expensive, so it's reserved for professional meals only. And Spontini for cheap pizzas. In Rome my favourite restaurant is the "ristorante dei communisti". Don't know the actual name, but everybody knows the nickname. But I mostly eat in a small snack-bar in Trastevere that serves the best artichoke soup in the world.

Spontini is one of my favorite pizzas (the lasagna is also pretty good). I used to live around there and my school was around the corner.

Blake
12-16-2009, 04:33 PM
It's not too far away from the Quarry. Nacogdoches/Broadway area.

Mmmmm, good stuff. Nice place to take the wifey.

ah, ok.

No, I havent been there. What's the dish you get when you go?

Blake
12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I think you are thinking of Pompeii or something like that.

that's it.

from what I recall, Pompeii wasn't any better than Zios.

Blake
12-16-2009, 04:36 PM
We went to Zio's a few weeks ago for that meal deal and we did not leave hungry. Plenty of food for all of us and the service was great. Went to the one on Pat Booker. We are going to do it again.

I'm tellin ya....