PDA

View Full Version : Decade of Thanks

Mikesatx
12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Greetings fellow Spur fans. I have been a lurker for quite a while and appreciate the site for info, entertainment and pictures. It has been tough to watch the team at times this year but I am still confident in what this team can do. I also thought it would be a good time to bring some perspective back to what we have. Again this is not by any means a throw in the towel kiss the good years goodbye thread--- simply a thread of thanks.

Thank you:

1) To the NBA and players resolving their issues in 1999 and allowing the Spurs to start their championship run.

2) To Duncan re-signing in San Antonio when he had an opportunity to team with Grant Hill and Tracey Mcgrady in Orlando.

3) To David Robinson understanding that a secondary role to Duncan would serve the team the best.

4) To David Robinson for laying the foundation for class in an organization

5) For the 2003 NBA Championship and making Kobe cry

6) To Steve Kerr for sticking it to the Mavericks and ripping their hearts out in the 2005 title run.

7) To Bruce Bowen for making the other team's best player whine.

8) May not be popular today but damn we really wanted Finley when he became available. Thanks Fin for choosing the Spurs.

9) Brent Barry for the same reasons as Finley.

10) Robert Horry for missing the shot against us and making the one for us.

11) Thanks to the organization for instilling hope and pride into our community.

Many more to be given. This team will be a contender this year and they deserve the benefit of the doubt until their season is over.

lefty
12-16-2009, 02:03 PM
12) Thank you Matt Bonner for not being worse than what you currently are.

Sean Cagney
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Thank you for that game 7 against Detroit where it seemed it was slipping, Timmay took over in that third Q and I won't forget him shut up the crititcs who rode him all week and questioned him.

honestfool84
12-16-2009, 02:40 PM
6) To Steve Kerr for sticking it to the Mavericks and ripping their hearts out in the 2005 title run.

1. Steve Kerr wasn't even on the team for the 2005 title run,
and 2. the Spurs didn't even play the Mavericks on the way to their 3rd title.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2009, 02:46 PM
lets j ust hope after duncan retires, we dont end up like the bulls/knicks a decade of bullshit with alot of high picks that dont equate to a winning team

lefty
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm sure he meant 2003

in2deep
12-16-2009, 02:56 PM
If we fail this season it's gonna be mostly, mostly because RJ was the worst Spurs pickup in team history.

honestfool84
12-16-2009, 02:59 PM
lets j ust hope after duncan retires, we dont end up like the bulls/knicks a decade of bullshit with alot of high picks that dont equate to a winning team

if RC Buford stays, i don't see why we can't at least be somewhat relevant.

spurspokesman
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Thank you for that game 7 against Detroit where it seemed it was slipping, Timmay took over in that third Q and I won't forget him shut up the crititcs who rode him all week and questioned him.
Thanks to tims misfortunes in the V Islands and the individuals who encouraged him to play ball. He's been nothing short of great. And to all the spur players that paved the way to a dynasty and was part of the championships. Cheers.

Mikesatx
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM

My apologies; I meant thanks to Steve Kerr ripping the hearts out of the Mavericks in 2003

Frenzy
12-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah people like to think of the past when it gets close to the end.

JINX!

slayermin
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
For once, I wish the Spurs were more like Mozart, than Beethoven.