PDA

View Full Version : F1 Imola, San Marino

Spurs košarka kultura
04-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Anyone else going to watch the race? Will Montoya be back? ( Personally I hope not, as I really like the way Pedro De La Rossa drove in Bahrain.)
Are the Ferraris going to regain their form? Will Honda actually complete a race? Can Renault win four in a row? (We all know what I think) This should be a good one!! I predict Ferrari and McLaren should have a strong outing.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-24-2005, 03:13 PM
That was an unbelieveable freaking race! The time has come for Schumacher to step down for this truly is the year of Alonso!

1. Alonso
2. M. Schumacher
3. Button
4. Wurz
5. Sato
6. Villeneuve
7. Trulli
8. R. Schumacher
9. Heidfeld
10. Webber

(Yeah I know I like talking to myself, hey I'm just passionate alright. )

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:17 PM
did Montoya come back??

Is Juan Pablo on the outs?!?!?

If so, Id hire him, best driver Ive seen drive in america EVER.

Guy is a stud.

Fernando Alonso is one hell of a driver, and Mild Seven has GOT to love the resurgence!!!

The Big Chicken
04-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Don't count on it. If Bridgestone fixes their tyre, anything can happen. But it was a really great race, but Schumi just couldn't get pass Alonso. Maybe if he started as number 10?

Spurs košarka kultura
04-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Juan supposedly hurt his shoulder playing tennis, Wurz drove for him today and de la Rossa drove last race both have done very well in his absence.

If Bridgestone fixes their tyre

I keep hearing this, someone said that about the Bahrain race. "The climate was too hot." they said. "Wait till Imola." they proclaimed. Well I waited for Imola and guess what? They still didn't cut it, this is not to say Ferrari won't regain it's form but I'm growing weary of people blaming it on the rubber. Schumi had more than enough opportunities to get the job done and couldn't. All in all though this race was what F1 is all about true battles for positions and podiums, I love it!!!!!!!!
Renault baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Ferrari and McLaren WILL be back, and Fernando and company WILL be there, but lets not discount BMW-Williams either.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Now if the Spurs can win today, I'm set, best day I've had in a while!

exstatic
04-24-2005, 06:36 PM
1. Alonso
2. M. Schumacher
3. Button
4. Wurz
5. Sato
6. Villeneuve
7. Trulli
8. R. Schumacher
9. Heidfeld
10. Webber
So that's what happened to him after the Spurs cut him. :lol

T Park
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
our Sato was african, that one is japanese so i doubt it ex :)

The Big Chicken
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Well I waited for Imola and guess what? They still didn't cut it, this is not to say Ferrari won't regain it's form but I'm growing weary of people blaming it on the rubber. Schumi had more than enough opportunities to get the job done and couldn't.

Hey, the guy came from 13th to 2nd place, he cut it. And he did it on a track that does not allow many overtakings. He is a top class racer, but so is Alonso.

Next race is in Barcelona, where is very hot, so ferrari is in trouble again.

xcoriate
04-25-2005, 02:59 AM
What a race for Renault!!!!

That was a huge race for Alonso and the Renault team, Michael was so fast towards the end of the race and was bearing down on him but he didn't blink an eye and drove a fantastic race to the finish.

Easily the most entertaining race this season and the best dog fight IMO between two drivers for a while. Webbers move to peg the position he lost from Sato on the grid was also nice driving round the outside and bullying his way back into position.

Overall a great race (would have been even better if Fisi had finished) and hopefullt Renault can go for 5 in a row in Barcelona, Alonso's home GP.

Urko
04-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Well, if KR wouldn't have a mechanical problems the race it self would probably be more internesting!

But, can't wait to Barcelone when JPM will be driving again!!

The Big Chicken
04-25-2005, 01:42 PM
What if Shumi had better tyres....

caraspin
04-25-2005, 02:33 PM
That was an unbelieveable freaking race! The time has come for Schumacher to step down for this truly is the year of Alonso!

1. Alonso
2. M. Schumacher
3. Button
4. Wurz
5. Sato
6. Villeneuve
7. Trulli
8. R. Schumacher
9. Heidfeld
10. Webber

(Yeah I know I like talking to myself, hey I'm just passionate alright. )

Alonso ran a great race, no doubt, but I seriously doubt this is Michael Schu's time to step down. I think it was pretty obvious his driving skills haven't faltered in the least bit by the fact that he moved from 13th to almost taking it all.....ferrari needs to fine tune their stuff, get the right tires, fix their engine and body problems. i mean, barichello hasn't finished a race this year yet! i think the changes to the format has put ferrari back a few steps. which has nothing to do with schumakers skills. he will soon be back OWNING drivers.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-25-2005, 05:09 PM
I really hope Pedro de la Rossa gets to drive in Barcelona, as far as the Schumi stepping down remark what can I say other than I'm a homer. :spin

xcoriate
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Shumi is a great driver but he has had a far superior car to every one for years. Alonso out drove him at Imola even with the lesser car.

Renault is very strong this year, Maclaren seems quick as well if they could finish and Toyota seems decently quick. Michael can't win until his 60 it will end at some stage and so far Alonso certainly has his mixture.

Blame the car, blame the tires but he has been very lucky in this regard in the past. Perhaps it is the end of the Ferrari dynisty.

ps. Hopefully Renault will go bvack to the top like in the glory days with Williams and Benetton when they were the engine suplier.

Urko
04-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Renault is very strong this year, Maclaren seems quick as well if they could finish
ps. Hopefully Renault will go bvack to the top like in the glory days with Williams and Benetton when they were the engine suplier.

Lets just hope that Mercedes will find the form and start winning again!

xcoriate
04-26-2005, 04:16 AM
^^ No thanks :lol

I'm happy with things as they are :p

SLOVENIAN 8
04-26-2005, 04:57 AM
The Ferrari will won Championship, remember this!!!! :smokin

xcoriate
04-26-2005, 07:09 AM
Theres a big difference between points. Alonso just needs finishes and podiums. Wins is obviously what we are looking for and we should get more this year but the points system rewards consistency.

Allowing a lead in the championship to be maintained whilst finishing in the top 3 as the loss of points if Shumi wins will only be 2 or 4 points.

Out of Alonsos lead that is not very much.

The Big Chicken
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Theres a big difference between points. Alonso just needs finishes and podiums. Wins is obviously what we are looking for and we should get more this year but the points system rewards consistency.

Allowing a lead in the championship to be maintained whilst finishing in the top 3 as the loss of points if Shumi wins will only be 2 or 4 points.

Out of Alonsos lead that is not very much.

Of course the assumption is that Alonso will finish every race. They had some problems this weekend.

xcoriate
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Not really, he doesn't need to. Ferrari ought to be more worried about there reliability as it has been less than good this year. Bridgestone tyres are also poor atm.

The Big Chicken
04-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Tyres are poor but you have to remember that Schumi had finished every race for about 2-3 years, before this season. IMO his only problem are the tyres.