PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a home for this puppy

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-16-2009, 09:12 PM
this little guy named Rambo spent three weeks living on my street and none of the neighbors would take him in so i did. he deserves a good home but i just cant keep him and dont wanna take him to the pound or call the city. im pretty sure he's about 1 yr old, and i think he might grow some more. he's very timid when close to people but also very energetic and happy go lucky. i trained him for walks and he's real good about it. anybody interested or know someone who might be?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/aarambo3.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/aarambo1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/aarambo2.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/aarambo4.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/aarambo5.jpg

PM5K
12-16-2009, 10:28 PM
how old?

Bender
12-16-2009, 10:31 PM
im pretty sure he's about 1 yr old,we've got the age, we've got the sex, what about the location?

my dog needs a playmate. what's the weight of rambo? My doggie weighs over 100.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-16-2009, 11:22 PM
i'd say right now he prob weighs around 50. but his #1 playmate is my gargantuan weimeriner, noah , who weighs 125 on the dot. its funny cause yesterday it seemed like noah was teaching rambo how to fight. he'd pin him by his throat and then periodicaly nip at his butt. then he'd let rambo up and roll underneath him as to say ok now you try and rambo would grab noah by the neck. rambo is a beautiful dog and anyone would be lucky to have him. the pics dont do him justice and dont show off his frame at all. oh, and im on the NW side of town

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
btw i should have mentioned the fact that ive had rambo for about 4 months now. he's been outside in the day and inside at night. a great dog with alot of energy , but i already have 2 dogs that are both around 10 and just cant give rambeezy what he needs

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
my dog needs a playmate. what's the weight of rambo? My doggie weighs over 100.

i have to be totally honest to my fellow ST posters. he needs to go to a home where he will have a playmate. he thinks noah is absolutely the shiznit and will prob have some separation anxiety, especially if theres not another dog around. he is attached at the hip to noah, and mimmicks his behavior constantly.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
he still has ballz, but never tries to hump my female lol my female dog that is

Bender
12-16-2009, 11:47 PM
my dog still has his equipment too. 4 year old great dane. very friendly and playful. he likes all dogs.

If rambo is one year old, he should be full grown right? housetrained? disposition?

it he a pit bull? may be problems getting homeownes insurance. Geico won't give me HO insurance cuz I told them I had a great dane... jeez, he's the friendliest dog in the world.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
i dont think he is full grown quite yet and when i say a year, thats just a guess on my part. he has not made a mess in the house one time, so yeah, he's housetrained. he is a very calm and kind dog when it comes to being within 2 feet of a person. at the same time if you throw a ball he will split and come back with it in a hurry. many people that have seen him have said they see a lil pit in his head shape. def not full pit and would pass as a mut or terrier . i would be glad to meet you at a park so you could check him out with absolutely no obligation on your part

edit- sorry meant to say terrier

marini martini
12-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Does he like water??? Likes to swim????

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:15 AM
i havent yet had him at the lake/river/coast. the closest thing would be the creek behind my house and he def wasnt afraid of the water

he's as afraid of water as CC's horses

marini martini
12-17-2009, 12:19 AM
i havent yet had him at the lake/river/coast. the closest thing would be the creek behind my house and he def wasnt afraid of the water

Could you pleeze throw him in a pool or lake, and see if he likes it, then get back to me??? We def. got to have a water dog!!!:toast

I so want a puppy for Christmas!!!

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:22 AM
lol i would be happy to. let me see ...... you got a pond?

Bender
12-17-2009, 12:22 AM
there's a 2 1/2 year old girl living at my house (step granddaughter). My dane already makes me nervous when he is playing around the little girl. He's very friendly, but he can push people around, and knock little kids over unintentionally.
was rambo a stray? abandoned?

I wouldn't mind meeting you somewhere. this is a free dog right?

has he had any shots?

Bender
12-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Martini - a 50 pound puppy, and maybe still growing?

highlow - is that Noah in your sig?

marini martini
12-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Martini - a 50 pound puppy, and maybe still growing?

highlow - is that Noah in your sig?

No problemo, as long as he swims!!!:toast

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:27 AM
he was a stray dog. has not had any shots yet. most def free to a good home. like i said he is very timid and lovable when he is within 2 feet or so of a person. any person. he just sits there. almost to a fault. been that way since i took him in 4 months ago. not timid around another dog, not timid when taking a walk, not timid when its play time. he really doesnt even care if you pet him. when he sits in front of you he seems to just want you to look at him. its weird

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:28 AM
yeah thats noah in my sig. lemmie see if i got more pics of my big buddy

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Could you pleeze throw him in a pool or lake, and see if he likes it, then get back to me??? We def. got to have a water dog!!!:toast

You should also check with the SA Humane Society (if you don't get this little guy). That's where we adopted our puppy in February. :tu

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:33 AM
You should also check with the SA Humane Society (if you don't get this little guy). That's where we adopted our puppy in February. :tu

thats where i got noah from

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:36 AM
noah is a spurs fan, so naturally rambo is too

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/aano3.jpg

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 12:38 AM
thats where i got noah from

He is a beautiful dog.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:44 AM
He is a beautiful dog.

thank you, i feel like i have the best dog on the planet. but i guess alot of people do. noah's ability to do exactly what i tell him (verbal commands) is just unreal. like he has a vocabulary

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 12:46 AM
thank you, i feel like i have the best dog on the planet. but i guess alot of people do. noah's ability to do exactly what i tell him (verbal commands) is just unreal. like he has a vocabulary

That's pretty cool. My dog listens for the most part when I'm around. Today he took down his stocking from the wall and was chewing on it. He is still in puppy mode. My Boxer is a pretty obedient dog. She just watches him get himself in trouble. lol

Bender
12-17-2009, 12:49 AM
noah looks a little overweight though... love his color.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:50 AM
That's pretty cool. My dog listens for the most part when I'm around. Today he took down his stocking from the wall and was chewing on it. He is still in puppy mode. My Boxer is a pretty obedient dog. She just watches him get himself in trouble. lol

lol did you get any pics of him chewing the stocking? boxers are awesome. if i ever find myself ready for another dog it will no doubt be a blue heeler. we had 2 growing up and of course ive seen a couple here and there. to me, they are the most intelligent, loyal , hard working, obedient dog

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 12:53 AM
lol did you get any pics of him chewing the stocking? boxers are awesome. if i ever find myself ready for another dog it will no doubt be a blue heeler. we had 2 growing up and of course ive seen a couple here and there. to me, they are the most intelligent, loyal , hard working, obedient dog

I didn't get any pics cause when he saw me, he bolted to the kitchen cause he knew he was doing something wrong. lol

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:54 AM
noah looks a little overweight though... love his color.

that pic might make him look heavy but he is most def not overweight. i have seen far too many obese wiemeriners to not monitor his wieght. if you decide to check out rambo i'll bring noah along. he's actually a lil thin right now cause i went outta town for work for 2 weeks and i dont think my roommates fed him enough. poor guy is getting the royal treatment now

Bender
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
everyone that sees my dog thinks he is starving... he is definately skinny, but I can't force him to eat more. I give him plenty of food, and he eats what he wants, and usually leaves some in the bowl.
Feed him mornings and evenings.

the noah sig pic with the spurs hat is a great shot.

where are you in town. I'm in the 1604 area, between 281 and I-35 - near judson rd.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
I didn't get any pics cause when he saw me, he bolted to the kitchen cause he knew hew was doing something wrong. lol

thats a good sign though. noah took his time learning whats ok and whats not ok, but to have him the way he is now makes it worth it

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
everyone that sees my dog thinks he is starving... he is definately skinny, but I can't force him to eat more. I give him plenty of food, and he eats what he wants, and usually leaves some in the bowl.
Feed him mornings and evenings.

the noah sig pic with the spurs hat is a great shot.

hmm. well when i picure a GD in my head i seem to think of them as being skinny by nature. i have seen alot of them that were perfectly healthy and you could see their ribs. noah gets called a GD 90% of the time. the other 10% say "that is the biggest wiemeriner i have ever seen". i bet your GD has HUGE paws right now compared to his body huh. whats his name anyway? you know wiemeriners are those dogs they like to dress up in clothes n stuff . ie western clothes and hat with a shotgun. thats why i dress him up sometimes. he's had some badass halloweens. except that one year he was a dragonfly

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Hope you find a home for Rambo. :)

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
where are you in town. I'm in the 1604 area, between 281 and I-35 - near judson rd.

im at I-10 and dezavala. as long as it wasnt during peak traffic, i wouldnt mind bringing them over that way. theres gotta be somewhere they could romp around

Bender
12-17-2009, 01:11 AM
I work on dezavala.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Hope you find a home for Rambo. :)

thank you , i hope so too

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:14 AM
I work on dezavala.

well theres a lil park right about where dezavala meets babcock. if you decide you wanna check out rambo let me know

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:18 AM
So............is he the weimaraner or the dog in the OP????????

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:21 AM
the dog in the OP is rambo. he's up for adoption
the wiemer is noah, my dog and rambo's idle.

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:27 AM

the dog in the OP is rambo. he's up for adoption
the wiemer is noah, my dog and rambo's idle.

Throw him in some water, if he likes it, I'll take him!!!:toast

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Throw him in some water, if he likes it, I'll take him!!!:toast

how bout i fill up the bathtub......lol

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
how bout i fill up the bathtub......lol

What ever!!! I need a water dog!!!:tu

Bender
12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
I didn't know there was a park there. I don't go past West Golden Lane that much... that's the road off de zavala where Valero is, and there's a car wash across the street. I work on the other side of de zavala - across I-10.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:45 AM
I didn't know there was a park there. I don't go past West Golden Lane that much... that's the road off de zavala where Valero is, and there's a car wash across the street. I work on the other side of de zavala - across I-10.

i live right by that valero. if you go past the valero a little ways dezavala curves and turns into babcock. right where it turns into babcock you take a right (which still puts you on babcock ) and go down about half a mile and there is a small parking lot on the righthand side. you park, and then walk into the park which is actually a decent size

Blue Jew
12-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Does he land on his feet when you drop him off the roof? Drop him from the roof tonight and get back to me,

also can the dog do income taxes? give him a pencil and a w2 and see if he knows how, I will take him if he does! :tu

Jefe.
12-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Could you pleeze throw him in a lake, and see if he likes it, then get back to me??? We def. got to have a water dog!!!:toast

You lazy mother fucker! learn how to fish and stop using animals to feed your fat ass!
Bitch you ever heard of Long John silver?

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 09:50 AM
i live right by that valero. if you go past the valero a little ways dezavala curves and turns into babcock. right where it turns into babcock you take a right (which still puts you on babcock ) and go down about half a mile and there is a small parking lot on the righthand side. you park, and then walk into the park which is actually a decent size

I believe the park you are referring to is on the lefthand side of Babcock. We live in the area and that's where we walk our dogs. There is another park/walking trail down DeZavala by Clark High School. Just FYI. :)

Susan Boyle
12-17-2009, 10:18 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/5555-2.jpg

marini martini
12-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Does he land on his feet when you drop him off the roof? Drop him from the roof tonight and get back to me,

also can the dog do income taxes? give him a pencil and a w2 and see if he knows how, I will take him if he does! :tu

:lmao

You lazy mother fucker! learn how to fish and stop using animals to feed your fat ass!
Bitch you ever heard of Long John silver?

:bang:lmao:lmao:lmao

Abraham Quintanilla
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
That dog has a nice ass can it sing tejano?

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
thats funny stuff right there. more photoshops please.we need him leaping small buildings and doing some taxes while performing tejano

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I believe the park you are referring to is on the lefthand side of Babcock. We live in the area and that's where we walk our dogs. There is another park/walking trail down DeZavala by Clark High School. Just FYI. :)

i know the park youre talking about , it is on the left side. the one im talking about is on the right side ( if youve come from dezavala). its more like trails i guess then a park with slides and stuff for the kids like the one youre talking about. but it is a city park nonetheless you should check it out, ive taken my dogs for walks there before and they lurve it

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
i know the park youre talking about , it is on the left side. the one im talking about is on the right side ( if youve come from dezavala). its more like trails i guess then a park with slides and stuff for the kids like the one youre talking about. but it is a city park nonetheless you should check it out, ive taken my dogs for walks there before and they lurve it

Oh ok, I think I know which one you're talking about. The one right after the three-way stop signs?

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh ok, I think I know which one you're talking about. The one right after the three-way stop signs?

yeah, right after the three-way you pull into that tiny little parking lot and then walk into the trails. there is a decent size creek that runs all the way through it. maybe thats where i should take rambo for swimming lessons so marini will take him

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah, right after the three-way you pull into that tiny little parking lot and then walk into the trails. there is a decent size creek that runs all the way through it. maybe thats where i should take rambo for swimming lessons so marini will take him

Ok, then I've been there. They've built some pretty nice parks/trails in this area recently.

And please don't take Rambo for swimming lessons now, it's kinda cold outside. lol

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok, then I've been there. They've built some pretty nice parks/trails in this area recently.

And please don't take Rambo for swimming lessons now, it's kinda cold outside. lol

:lol yeah youre prob right. i guess that pic i took of rambo in his swimming gear by the pool will have to be proof enough that he is a water dog

Charlie-In-The-Box
12-17-2009, 12:38 PM
That poor dog will end up on misfit Island. :depressed

Silver21_Black20
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
:lol yeah youre prob right. i guess that pic i took of rambo in his swimming gear by the pool will have to be proof enough that he is a water dog

Yea, if marini wants a "water dog" then she needs to go in the water too to find out if he likes it. lol

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
:lol yeah , i agree. if rambo goes in , you go in marini.

marini - just think, if you adopted rambo and actually made it to one of my races next season, you can take rambo and he would get to hang out with noah !

Zombie Terri Schiavo
12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Yea, if marini wants a "water dog" then she needs to go in the water too to find out if he likes it. lol

I wish someone would toss me in the water.