PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's concerned about the wrong ankle

HB22inSA
04-24-2005, 08:10 AM
With everyone talking about Tim Duncan's ankle injury, we've all forgotten about Rasho's ankle.

I truly believe that the Spurs won't win the Title this year if Rasho isn't healthy enough to be a defensive factor like he's been all year.

It's a given that if Duncan goes down, the Spurs are done.

But the Spurs are almost impossible to beat when Rasho and Duncan clog the middle, especially in the playoffs.

Duncan's ankle is better off than Rasho's right now, so we should all be hoping for Rasho's ankle to get better.

Rasho is the key for San Antonio to win it all.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2005, 08:12 AM
I agree, to win it all, we need a full strength team...especially if we are gonna have to face up with the 2 wallaces or Shaq.

dougp
04-24-2005, 08:12 AM
With everyone talking about Tim Duncan's ankle injury, we've all forgotten about Rasho's ankle.

I truly believe that the Spurs won't win the Title this year if Rasho isn't healthy enough to be a defensive factor like he's been all year.

But the Spurs are almost impossible to beat when Rasho and Duncan clog the middle, especially in the playoffs.

Duncan's ankle is better off than Rasho's right now, so we should all be hoping for Rasho's ankle to get better.

Most of our replacement big men can pick up the defensive slack of Rasho, and do more on offense ... while Rasho is good, he is not the key we need to win it all, atleast IMO. :elephant

Brodels
04-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Rasho would provide a big boost, but I'm still more concerned about Duncan's ankle. If he plays tentative like he's been doing lately, the Spurs aren't going to have much of a chance.

I still think they can win it without Rasho, even though they are certainly better with him.

cherylsteele
04-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Most of our replacement big men can pick up the defensive slack of Rasho, and do more on offense ... while Rasho is good, he is not the key we need to win it all, atleast IMO. :elephant

I have not been a big Rasho fan during the year...T Park will tell you that.....but you are dead wrong....our curent healthy big men struggle to clog up the lane at best....they are constantly letting opponents in for open layups and dunks....they are also allowing way too many 2nd chance points.....I feel 2nd chance points is the key to winning the series..it is also a big part of the "D" the Spurs play because if you limit you opponent to on -and-done you lower the Opp FG% significantly.....Nazr, TMass, etc. have shown some flashes but have not been concistent enough for me...they are aggresive....but I all to often see Nazr get his dunk attempt blocked....maybe with this extra pratice time that will chance some...I will give Rasho this....he is a good team defender....and a good rebounder......too often not aggressive enough...especially on the offensive end.

td4mvp21
04-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I agree, to win it all, we need a full strength team...especially if we are gonna have to face up with the 2 wallaces or Shaq.

Well, if we make it that far, more than likely it will be better by then. It kind of works out good for us, because if we get out with an unhealthy Rasho and Brown, we would know that we could have possibly lost in the Finals. But if we make it to the Finals, they will most likely be healthy, as will Duncan.

TDfan2007
04-24-2005, 03:06 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
laugh all you want.

Camby is gonna have a big night tonight.

I like MOhammed, but his defense isnt Spurs defense, and its not gonna be that till next year.

Rasho not being there is gonna be missed.

BUT, keep being ignorant and stupid.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 04:08 PM

is this a joke?

cherylsteele
04-24-2005, 04:13 PM
laugh all you want.

Camby is gonna have a big night tonight.

I like MOhammed, but his defense isnt Spurs defense, and its not gonna be that till next year.

Rasho not being there is gonna be missed.

BUT, keep being ignorant and stupid.

I agree....hell froze over:D

Nazr interior "D" is non-existent too much.

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Its not NON existent.

Its not taught.

Its all instinct and just normal teaching.

This summer when the Spurs have half of June (:) ) july August and September then training camp, then hell have learned well.

Till then, hes gonna be a Knicks defender.

Dont give up on Mohammed, he WIll end up being a better defender due to his athleticism.

Clandestino, your tellin me interior D dont mean nothing??

in the playoffs, you can OUTSCORE your opponent like the damn regular season.

You MUST step up and play D.

D wins championships, you guys that hate Rasho forget that.

Brewski, Alvarez, enigma all of you.

cherylsteele
04-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Its not NON existent.

Its not taught.

This summer when the Spurs have half of June (:) ) july August and September then training camp, then hell have learned well.

Dont give up on Mohammed, he WIll end up being a better defender due to his athleticism.

I hope you are right about Nazr....I would love to see him come out in this series and play solid "D"....I do agree he has the ability to be a solid defender....he has shown flashes of it.....hell if Big Dog can play some "D", like he has done......then Nazr can too.....I just think Nazr relies too much on his athleticism and not enough on smart postition defensive play.

cherylsteele
04-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Its not NON existent.

Its not taught.

I have been a critic of Rasho...you know that.....but I do recognize he is a pretty good defender down low.....in the playoffs you need that.

I feel many of the people that like Nazr at this point in his career are contaminated by ESPN-style higlights....they like the high-flying blocks and dunks......the problem is when Nazr goes up for a dunk...all too aften he gets it blocked.....he is a good rebounder...but he needs to pick his spots to use his athleticism wiser than he is now. His athleticism gives him the potential to be a great defender.

I did not say his "D" is non-exsitent...I said was not there enough of the time....especially inside.

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
No we totally agree Cheryl dont get that confused.

I think Nazr DOES rely on his athleticism too much, and if you watch him, I think the groin STILL bothers him, you cant deny it when your at a game and he still uses the heating pad between his legs.

When he totally gets healthy, that good leaping ability will TOTALLY be back, and hes really gonna get better.

Once again, give the coaches some time, this reclimation project will be the best yet.

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I feel many of the people that like Nazr at this point in his career are contaminated by ESPN-style higlights

Your gonna ahave to throw me in, I like Nazr's game.

I hate to be redundant but damn, if you wouldve seen the games he played before he got hurt, you guys would be drooling.

This guy was absolutely fantastic VS Jermaine O'Neal, pre Detroit fight.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I have been a critic of Rasho...you know that.....but I do recognize he is a pretty good defender down low.....in the playoffs you need that.

I feel many of the people that like Nazr at this point in his career are contaminated by ESPN-style higlights....they like the high-flying blocks and dunks......the problem is when Nazr goes up for a dunk...all too aften he gets it blocked.....he is a good rebounder...but he needs to pick his spots to use his athleticism wiser than he is now. His athleticism gives him the potential to be a great defender.

I did not say his "D" is non-exsitent...I said was not there enough of the time....especially inside.

the problem with rasho is when he goes up little weak put backs or lay-ups he misses them! at least nazr gets a foul out of many of his shots..

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Cland.

Your talking offense.

ONCE AGAIN,

Rasho's defense, is what makes him good, and what will make this team win a ring.

Rasho is as responsible for the good D as mucha s Duncan Ginobili and Bowen..

He just doesnt do ESPN Mutombo style blocks, wag the finger, and show off to show off how good he is.

He also does little things theyll miss tonight, like setting weak side picks on centers clearing the lane for guys like Ginobili and Parker.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Its not NON existent.

Its not taught.

nazr can play d.. he is just getting warmed up... rasho has not and i don't think will ever improve... nazr improves every game...

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Cland.

Your talking offense.

ONCE AGAIN,

Rasho's defense, is what makes him good, and what will make this team win a ring.

Rasho is as responsible for the good D as mucha s Duncan Ginobili and Bowen..

He just doesnt do ESPN Mutombo style blocks, wag the finger, and show off to show off how good he is.

He also does little things theyll miss tonight, like setting weak side picks on centers clearing the lane for guys like Ginobili and Parker.
part of good is also getting rebounds.. rasho rarely leads the team in rebounds... nazr lead the team almost everyone one of the games he started...

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 04:45 PM
i don't think rasho is worthless..and i do think he plays well on defense.. i just know tht nazr is better overall...

HB22inSA
04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Not many people understand how well Rasho plays team defense.

Just by him standing in the lane, he changes shots and creates passes not originally intended--disrupting the opposing team's offense.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 05:25 PM
i agree rasho is a good defender, but he is not a great defender.. nazr is good as well, plus he is way better on the boards and hustles like 100x more... plus he actually scores more than 2pts a game...

T Park
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
you think Rasho and Nazr are equal defenders??

Your being a bozo.

My god....

HB22inSA
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Clandestino, I know what you're saying, but you're not getting it.

Pop employs a series of defensive schemes which must be followed during the game's flow. Some teams don't even have these (ie: the Knicks--where Nazr came from).

Rasho is not gifted athletically, so it won't seem like he's hustling as much as Nazr. But Rasho knows exactly where to be on the floor during the game, and his rotations are among the best in the League at his position.

What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in Basketball IQ.

Make sense?

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
rasho is good, but he is no game changer.. he is not a manu or a tim or a tony... we have people who play just as well at the position. he is not a key element if we win a trophy or not..

HB22inSA
04-24-2005, 06:08 PM
he is not a key element if we win a trophy or not..

I respectfully disagree.

ZStomp
04-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Rasho who? :lol :lmao

J/K .... I think.

cherylsteele
04-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Your gonna ahave to throw me in, I like Nazr's game

I like those plays as well...but I understand the bigger picture...highlight doesn't win championships.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I like those plays as well...but I understand the bigger picture...highlight doesn't win championships.

well, we had rasho last year and we didn't win a championship..

exstatic
04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Rasho, right now, is the better defender because he knows the schemes. Nazr is a beast on the boards and aggressive with his O rebounds. However, watching Rasho for almost two years, I'm convinced that Nazr has a much better chance of becoming as good a defender as Rasho after going through a training camp and being healthy than Rasho does of ever becoming as aggressive as Nazr in any facet of his game.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 07:37 PM
well, so far if nazr can keep up this play throughout the playoffs he'll be the starter throughout the playoffs and next season too!

exstatic
04-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I just get tired of seeing Rasho grab an O rebound and either kick it all the way back out, or put up one of those weak ass 2 foot hook shots. If they were drilling him on dunking, it obviously didn't take. Nazr recognizes his advantage down low after grabbing the carom, and takes it up like a beast.

exstatic
04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
OK, here are my ratings:

Rasho:
Defense 8
Offense 2

Nazr:
Defense 6 *
Offense 6

* This is improvable, but I don't believe either of Rasho's numbers are.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 09:29 PM
we are soooo lucky that rasho got hurt!

Obstructed_View
04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
How happy are you not to have Rasho now, Clandestino? When a close game comes down to a couple of posessions, or a couple of missed assignments, or a couple of missed rebounds because someone is out of position, he becomes much more important.

Clandestino
04-25-2005, 12:16 AM
How happy are you not to have Rasho now, Clandestino? When a close game comes down to a couple of posessions, or a couple of missed assignments, or a couple of missed rebounds because someone is out of position, he becomes much more important.

i am extremely happy... nazr fucking brought it tonight... rasho would have done nothing to help us win tonight... missed rebounds? 15 wasn't enough for you? i guess you really do have an obstructed view..

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Would Rasho have gotten us 8 offensive rebounds? Or 14 points?

Question.

People need to get behind Nazr. Even if Rasho can come back, he's going to be rusty as hell.