PDA

View Full Version : Kobe travelled on that charge play and got the call for the and 1

Darthkiller
12-16-2009, 10:58 PM
:bang:bang:bang

refs...

ChrisRichards
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
yeah that was a travel. supastar call no doubt

iggypop123
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
i saw a spinning charge and that was about it

urunobili
12-16-2009, 11:03 PM
That was a bogus superstar call... i love Kome but that hurt me even more than Ilyasova's missed FT's...

mystargtr34
Dont know about the travel but damn :lol Bogut didnt even move and Kobe just spun and put his shoulder right through him.

Culburn369
Makes me nary a diff.

We won!

ginobili's bald spot
12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
http://www.aumbliss.com/crying.jpg

ChrisRichards
12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
refs were kobe's bitch no doubt.

Venti Quattro
12-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Bucks should've wrapped this up when they had the game. It's not like they were not given ample chances.

Greg Oden
12-16-2009, 11:09 PM
diLG-4lJows

ginobili's bald spot
12-16-2009, 11:10 PM
diLG-4lJows

:lol Sounds like every song on the radio.

hitmanyr2k
12-16-2009, 11:15 PM
If the Bucks hit their free throws they win. They're just a bad team doing what bad teams do...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. And Lakers are one lucky freakin team lol. It seems like teams just find a way to self destruct against them down the stretch.

BlackSwordsMan
12-16-2009, 11:27 PM
diLG-4lJows

charlie bit me auto tune is awesome

Culburn369
12-16-2009, 11:33 PM
It seems like teams just find a way to self destruct against them down the stretch.

Because they're never in that position that late in the game so they find themselves up to their necks in alligators. If they would put forth the effort each nite that they put forth this evening against the World Champs they'd be worth a shit, but, they're super cargo, nothing more.

I have no sympathy for them and their ilk.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 11:45 PM
these are the types of games that make you realize you shouldn't take the NBA seriously or put too much emotion into it..I learned to get over it last year..obviously it still angers me, but I got over it quickly..the NBA is entertainment and they make the moves to help the Lakers..

LOL @ Avery Johnson calling the refs out..

Culburn369
12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
these are the types of games that make you realize you shouldn't take the NBA seriously or put too much emotion into it..

..unless the Lakers lose then you can get on your trolljan horse and have a fine time. Well, not tonite, Heat. Kobe tagged & bagged those f'ks. Left 'em, dead in the ground.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
I give him credit for making the last shot, obviously..the Bucks are fucking stupid though..they clearly got screwed by the refs, but why would you give him the EXACT same shot in single coverage?..idiots..

ginobili's bald spot
12-17-2009, 12:59 AM
I give him credit for making the last shot, obviously..the Bucks are fucking stupid though..they clearly got screwed by the refs, but why would you give him the EXACT same shot in single coverage?..idiots..

lol bandwagon spurs fans from New York.

Banzai

shit happens I guess.:santahat

jag
You can't bitch about a superstar getting a superstar call. They earned that shit.

MiamiHeat
12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
NFL is where it's at.

NBA is like the WWE, just have fun and don't think it's real.

Xylus
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
The NBA is arrogant to think that a referee's initial ruling in a late-game situation like that is more important that the right call, and essentially irreversible. Refs should have reviewed the play, ruled it either a jumpball, an offensive foul, or make Kobe shoot two.

jag
12-17-2009, 01:08 AM
NFL is where it's at.

NBA is like the WWE, just have fun and don't think it's real.

You know what's real?
http://www.nbaloud.com/userimages/user1195_1172145842.jpg

Sitting in a wheelchair because his shoulder hurts...i bet you wish it wasn't real.

ChrisRichards
12-17-2009, 01:10 AM
You know what's real?
http://www.nbaloud.com/userimages/user1195_1172145842.jpg

Sitting in a wheelchair because his shoulder hurts...i bet you wish it wasn't real.
gay

Xylus
12-17-2009, 01:11 AM
You can't bitch about a superstar getting a superstar call. They earned that shit.

If the call could have gone either way, say... deciding between a block or a charge, I could understand the superstar getting the call. But it was an obvious travel before the shot, and shouldn't have counted. Superstars are certainly favored by the law, but shouldn't be above it.

jag
12-17-2009, 01:14 AM
If the call could have gone either way, say... deciding between a block or a charge, I could understand the superstar getting the call. But it was an obvious travel before the shot, and shouldn't have counted. Superstars are certainly favored by the law, but shouldn't be above it.

I understand that, but you can't start reviewing every single borderline end-game call. Certainly not fouls. It's a judgement thing...just like pass interference in the NFL -- non-reviewable.

Xylus
12-17-2009, 01:19 AM
I understand that, but you can't start reviewing every single borderline end-game call. Certainly not fouls. It's a judgement thing...just like pass interference in the NFL -- non-reviewable.

This wasn't just a foul call, though, it was a case of continuation or no continuation. 2 points or none. I'm okay with Bryant getting the benefit of the call and getting a block call, but the Lakers were given 2 free points.

namlook
12-17-2009, 01:21 AM

Obvious calls get missed all the time involving superstars and role players. It's the human error of having refs on the floor. The only way to prevent it is for someone to invent robotic refs. The Bucks got the benefit of plenty of calls in the game as well.

DrHouse
12-17-2009, 01:29 AM
First of all in real-time it is very hard to tell if Bogut's feet were actually set. Watching the super slow-mo replay I think he got there just in the nick of time and the correct call would be the charge on Kobe, but at game speed the tie always goes to the runner.

Bucks threw away multiple opportunities to win this game and got their fair share of calls as well. It all evens out in the end. They choked, hard. Kobe was clutch. Lakers win.

KSeal
12-17-2009, 01:58 AM
OP's correct, it was a charge and a travel, Kobe got the call and the shot, not much else to say other then it was the wrong call on both, Lakers lucked out. That aside, the Bucks should have done everything to deny Kobe or double him and force someone else to take that final shot.

dude1394
12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
these are the types of games that make you realize you shouldn't take the NBA seriously or put too much emotion into it..I learned to get over it last year..obviously it still angers me, but I got over it quickly..the NBA is entertainment and they make the moves to help the Lakers..

LOL @ Avery Johnson calling the refs out..

Avery should know, he certainly got screwed by them.

TheMACHINE
12-17-2009, 02:26 AM
lol at giving Kobe two chances to make the exact same shot.

Duncan21kid
12-17-2009, 03:46 AM
bucks had all the chances to win this game... TWICE

ImmortalD24
12-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Obvious blocking foul, good call by the ref(s).

p2G6LymlDMk

duhoh
12-17-2009, 03:56 AM

ya know? i actually agree. they got to the point where they're fan faves.

man, this is like watching a bunch of black people hatin on the popos :corn:

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2009, 04:07 AM

p2G6LymlDMk

clear travel..if it was a blocking foul, it clearly shouldn't have been continuation..

-travel
-blocking foul without continuation
-charge

only 3 options here..Bucks get screwed either way..Lakers get away with it, as usual..

namlook
12-17-2009, 04:19 AM
only 3 options here..Bucks get screwed either way..Lakers get away with it, as usual..

Realistically that charge or block call could have gone either way. To say it was obviously a charge, is false. There was no travel that could have been called on the play because the foul came before the travel. The mistake was it should have been 2 FTs for Kobe, rather than +1. Missing a travel call after contact like that is a human error but understandable. It's hard to focus on watching for a travel on a play that happens that fast and where you get distracted by the contact that occurred.

Lakers get away with it as usual? LOL. The Lakers sure are in your head.

Let me point out a play you remember. Fisher's .4 shot. Remember when Tim Duncan hit the shot that looked like the game winner? If you look at the replay you'll see that Tim traveled right before he took the shot. He shuffled his pivot foot before he took the shot. Lakers get away with it? No. Spurs get away with it.

Then the replay clearly showed that the ball went through the basket with .8 seconds left on Duncan's shot. By rule the clock must stop when the ball goes through the basket on a made shot. Yet the refs only allowed .4 to remain on the clock. Lakers get away with it? No. Lakers get screwed.

Then Fisher hits the shot and the Spurs cry he couldn't have made the shot with .4 left. Well it's irrelevant because he actually should have had .8 left and Tim Duncan traveled. Lakers get away with it? No. Justice was served.

Point is the calls go both ways, sometimes wrong, sometimes right. But if you want to keep believing "the Lakers get away with it as usual," be my guest since it must make you feel better.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2009, 04:26 AM
Stern hates Australia, nothing new.

namlook
12-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Stern hates Australia, nothing new.

I think it was a bad shrimp they fed him off the barbie when he was down there. Bogut is an a-hole anyway so who cares? :lol

He can't even get his own teammates to high five him.

Bogut high-fives himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc11PUnFgkQ

picc84
12-17-2009, 09:41 AM
:bang:bang:bang

refs...

Start at 16 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEYwmLDyy-8

Not only was it a block, but he flopped too. :lol

Sportcamper
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Bogart is a large man who flops instead of defending….The refs made the correct call…It is time to stop rewarding the Euro flop…

The part I didn’t get was on the buzzer beater the Bucks made no effort to stop Kobe from getting the ball…They just let him get the inbound pass & jog the ball up to his shot…

Chieflion
12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Bogart is a large man who flops instead of defending….The refs made the correct call…It is time to stop rewarding the Euro flop…

The part I didn’t get was on the buzzer beater the Bucks made no effort to stop Kobe from getting the ball…They just let him get the inbound pass & jog the ball up to his shot…
I would bet that Australia is not part of Europe. Wanna have a sig bet? And it definitely was not a flop.

namlook
12-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I would bet that Australia is not part of Europe. Wanna have a sig bet? And it definitely was not a flop.

It's called a euro-flop because so many european players do it. But you don't need to be european to engage in this behavior!

Even if contact occurred it doesn't mean a player didn't flop. Bogut definitely appeared to exaggerate the contact. That's considered flopping.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Bogart

:lol

Chieflion
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM
It's called a euro-flop because so many european players do it. But you don't need to be european to engage in this behavior!

Even if contact occurred it doesn't mean a player didn't flop. Bogut definitely appeared to exaggerate the contact. That's considered flopping.
Just switch your allegiances to Los Angeles Lakers, dumbfuck. Kobe bowled Bogut over with his shoulder.

On the bolded part, in that case, every player in the NBA flops.

namlook
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Just switch your allegiances to Los Angeles Lakers, dumbfuck. Kobe bowled Bogut over with his shoulder.

On the bolded part, in that case, every player in the NBA flops.

A flop is a flop and Bogut flopped like a european fish. He should win an aussie academy award for that act.

Also, bring on the technical fouls for this kind of acting. That will put an end to the BS.

Slow motion video---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2G6LymlDMk

Look at Bogut shuffle his feet and then fly back like he was hit with a cannonball. Call it like it is:

Block and FLOP!!!!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2G6LymlDMk)

Fabbs
12-17-2009, 01:04 PM
The Laker Bois.
*winning* it with class, once again. :rollin

More products for me to sell their gullible fans.

ambchang
12-17-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

For those who obviously can't tell what a charge vs. a block is.

blink
12-17-2009, 03:14 PM
it wasnt a travel you retards. he took one step as he gathered the ball, took two steps as he spun, and shot the ball.

IronMexican
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I didnt et to watch the game yesterday, cause I am out of town. But it looked like the wrong call just looking at it.

duncan228
12-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Kobe Bryant in a nutshell (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11587/kobe-bryant-in-a-nutshell)
By Henry Abbott

Kobe Bryant fans, stat geeks and referee conspiracy theorists -- everyone got what they wanted from last night's Lakers win over the Bucks.

Kobe Bryant fans
That's what he does, right? That game-winner over Charlie Bell is precisely the reason that Kobe Bryant wins all kinds of surveys as most feared player in the NBA.

He knows who's going to be defending him. He knows where he wants to get on the court. He knows what he wants to do when he gets there. He knows how to account for his injured finger. He has practiced everything.

Other players are bigger and stronger. But nobody knows more, prepares better or better embodies sheer professionalism. Any success he has is well deserved.

Think back through his career. How many times have you seen him hit game-winners? 30? 40? A thousand? We can all remember plenty of them. And that's why he has the best selling jersey in the world.

Last night's shot gave Kobe Bryant fans precisely the evidence they need to prove, yet again, that this guy is the absolute best.

Who would question them?

Stat geeks
It's not as fun a way to see the NBA, but it's real.

Every which way people slice and dice crunch time numbers -- field goal percentage, plus/minus, you name it -- Bryant is not the NBA's best in crunch time. A glance at last year's crunch time numbers on 82games.com (http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT4.HTM) makes clear Bryant shoots more than anyone else in the NBA in crunch time, but is he more skilled at making those shots? That's what we're trying to judge, right? In crunch time field goal percentage, last season Bryant finished 92nd in the League, right behind Michael Beasley. Others ahead of him include Kevin Garnett, both Gasols, Zach Randolph, Carmelo Anthony, Jason Terry, Jameer Nelson, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudemire, Eric Gordon, Brandon Roy, Andre Iguodala, Jason Kidd, Ben Gordon, and Chris Bosh.

You can remember Bryant hitting all those clutch baskets, stat geeks say. But you're forgetting all the misses. (And if you are learning about Bryant from highlights, then you're not even seeing most misses.)

82games defines crunch time as the last five minutes of the fourth quarter, and all of overtimes, when neither team is leading by more than five points. In that period last night, Bryant showed some of the mixed bag of efficiency that the stats show, by turning the ball over, making a shot, missing three straight, and then closing the game in style. He ended fourth quarter Laker plays as follows:

* 2:40 turnover
* 2:11 made jumper
* 1:46 missed jumper
* 0:31 assist
* 0:02 missed jumper

In overtime:
* 1:34 missed 3
* 1:17 made jumper
* 0:48 made layup + free throw
* 0:00 made jumper

Bryant wound up four of seven in crunch time -- which is a healthy 57% from the floor. That's above average crunch time shooting for him, but not as good as those with the the NBA's best percentages. So he had a good night, compared to the 46% crunch time percentage from last year.

But one less make would have put him at 50%, and did you hear the commentary with the highlights above?

Conspiracy theorists
The Lakers won by one point in overtime. They got three points in the final minute on a play that appeared to most observers to feature both a Bryant charge and a travel, when he made himself into a bowling ball and Andrew Bogut into a bowling pin.

The NBA says there are no such things as superstar calls, but was anybody surprised by that? Can you find examples of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James or Kobe Bryant getting whistled for offensive fouls with the ball on the way to the hoop with the game on the line? This is not new (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4152/the-salvatore-side-of-the-story-crucified-in-the-2006-finals). If it happens at all, it happens very little. It's evident superstars operate with a certain impunity. You could argue it's a reason to have a superstar -- so you don't have to worry much about offensive fouls with the game on the line.

Even on the next play, Bryant's game-winner, he gathered the ball, and then hopped noticeably with both feet before pivoting.

It's not alarming or even all that disappointing to me. The game is hard to referee in real time, and everyone wants to see plays like the one above.

And in a way, wasn't last night's game perfect? Kobe Bryant fans, stat geeks, conspiracy theorists ... Just about everyone got what they wanted.

My main thought is: Kobe Bryant probably has the best body control, footwork and sheer skill of any NBA player. If the game were consistently called by the book, he'd adjust faster than anybody, his hard work would be rewarded, and there'd be a new facet of his game: You could show it to high-school players and tell them to copy the same moves.

dude1394
12-17-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

For those who obviously can't tell what a charge vs. a block is.

You might want to send this to the nba ref commish.

Allanon
12-18-2009, 10:58 AM

p2G6LymlDMk

I also thought it was a CHARGE from the original videos. But with this replay, you can clearly see Bogut was still moving into position at the time of the foul.

Clearly a blocking foul.

BRHornet45
12-18-2009, 11:16 AM
sons the WWE is getting worse and worse. the ball don't lie, but the league and refs do.

21_Blessings
12-18-2009, 11:44 AM
sons the WWE is getting worse and worse. the ball don't lie, but the league and refs do.

Tell Chris Paul to stop flopping like a bitch-made faggot.