PDA

View Full Version : Hair: is it age, genetics or conditioning?

phyzik
12-17-2009, 12:54 AM
OK, for about the past 2 months I've decided not to go to the barber and try to grow long hair, just to see if I could.

A little history: Since I was about 12 years old I have always had my hair cut short (military flat top, skin on the sides). Im going to be 30 in march and still have a full head of hair, but its been 2 months and my hair seems to be "stuck" at the base of my skull. To me, it doesnt seem to be growing any farther than that.

I've NEVER grown my hair long, should it really take that ammount of time? After about the first month it got to this length and just seemed to stop. I look like a fucking bum right now and Im thinking about giving up because, at least to me, it doesnt seem to be getting longer. Should I give it more time?

I'd really like to try the long hair look, but it just feels like a futile effort.

PM5K
12-17-2009, 12:56 AM
two months isn't that long.

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
BTW, as far as I know, on my fathers side of the family (as far as the guys) have all had thin hair and havnt grown their hair long.

My hair could be considered thin I guess (well, not at this point :lol ). Does that matter?

PM5K
12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Dunno, just know two months ain't long. Guess we'd have to see it to decide.

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Two months worth of growing. sorry if the images are shit, was using my cell phone and was having to contort my arms to get a good shot.

From Behind my head
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3261/20091217001253.jpg

From the Side
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7923/20091217001437.jpg

Again, thats 2 months worth.

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Looking at those pictures, it looks like I've cut my hair to keep it at that length :lol

PM5K
12-17-2009, 01:22 AM
That's not bad if it was really short. I haven't cut my hair in five months and it's longer than that, but I bet at two months it wasn't much longer than that, if at all.

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Im embarrased by my bald walls in my house and feel I have to explain. The TV in the second picture is brand new, 52" Sony Bravia. there used to be a HUGE entertainment center there just 2 days ago covering that whole wall. I need to put some shit up so it doesnt look so naked. In the bottom left of the second licture you can see the top of a step stool which I used to take shit off of the old entertainment center.

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:30 AM
a. check the moles

b. get extensions!!!

:toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Seriously!!!:tu

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
a. check the moles

b. get extensions!!!

:toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Seriously!!!:tu

:lol

Yeah, I've had those moles since I was young, I had them checked like 8 years ago, they are nothing.

fuck extensions! I want to grow my own shit! :hat

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Give it up for my Baron davis red beard though. :smokin

And that was just cut down short right before the Spurs game, you should have seen it before these pictures. It was glorious! :lol

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:36 AM
:lol

Yeah, I've had those moles since I was young, I had them checked like 8 years ago, they are nothing.

fuck extensions! I want to grow my own shit! :hat

Check 'em again, please!!!:toast

You don't wanna rock the Bret Michael look???:lol

Bender
12-17-2009, 01:37 AM
hows the Bravia? I'm having a 46" bravia delivered tomorrow morning.

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Check 'em again, please!!!:toast

You don't wanna rock the Bret Michael look???:lol

Honestly, I have NEVER had long hair, I really dont know what Im planning to do with it if it ever grows.

In my dream world I want my hair to be like Aragorn from LoTR except blond reddish (the camera cant capture how awesome my hair color is, its really not that red, not even close, the lighting must be fucked up).

This is my goal.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2002/10/29/aragorn4.jpg

My hair is actually a dark blond. I dont know why it shows more red in the pictures I took. I was suprised.

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Honestly, I have NEVER had long hair, I really dont know what Im planning to do with it if it ever grows.

In my dream world I want my hair to be like Aragorn from LoTR except blond reddish (the camera cant capture how awesome my hair color is, its really not that red, not even close, the lighting must be fucked up).

My hair is actually a dark blond. I dont know why it shows more red in the pictures I took. I was suprised.

Silly nut.......................then you are going for the Matt Bonner look, eh???:toast

phyzik
12-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Silly nut.......................then you are going for the Matt Bonner look, eh???:toast

seriously, I honestly dont know why my hair shows like its red in the pictures I took. Its a dark blond color but certainly not nearly as red as the pictures show.

Friends freak out on me though. My hair is definately a dark blonde color, but definately Blonde if you see it in person. but my beard is definately Red. blonde hair but a red beard.

I get people asking me if I color my hair and/or beard. Its all natural. It's wierd.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 01:55 AM
yeah my buddy is like that. brown hair and some red ass facial hair. i'd say for 2 months growth you gone be aight

btw, nice flooring. you do it yourself?

marini martini
12-17-2009, 01:57 AM
seriously, I honestly dont know why my hair shows like its red in the pictures I took. Its a dark blond color but certainly not nearly as red as the pictures show.

Friends freak out on me though. My hair is definately a dark blonde color, but definately Blonde if you see it in person. but my beard is definately Red. blonde hair but a red beard.

I get people asking me if I color my hair and/or beard. Its all natural. It's wierd.

All ya got to do is drop your drawers, to proove it!!!:toast

:lmao

sabar
12-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Two months is nothing. I can go two months without a haircut and it's still quite short. Hair grows pretty slow. Looking on average at 1 cm every month.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-17-2009, 02:02 AM

dayum, marini on a roll

phyzik
12-17-2009, 02:12 AM

Well, I keep myself "well groomed" down there if you must know. not bald but "taken care of". Gotta make sure I can get that head. :toast Dont want bitches complaining about hair in their teeth and shit, But its darker than my head hair if you must know.

marini martini
12-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Well, I keep myself "well groomed" down there if you must know. not bald but "taken care of". Gotta make sure I can get that head. :toast Dont want bitches complaining about hair in their teeth and shit, But its darker than my head hair if you must know.

LoL!!!:lmao TMI.............and WGAF???!!!:toast

phyzik
12-17-2009, 02:22 AM
LoL!!!:lmao TMI.............and WGAF???!!!:toast

Hey, your the one that said drop the drawers! :lol

marini martini
12-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Hey, your the one that said drop the drawers! :lol

You had my curiosity piqued!!!:lmao

koriwhat
12-17-2009, 03:13 AM
my hair was like 1 - 1 1/2 inches and in 2 yrs it grew to my stomach. it has pretty much been at my stomach forever now. 4 yrs strong!

well it's sort of to my ass now.

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2009, 03:51 AM
is ur hair falling out when u using hair products in the shower like shampoo, conditioner?

ynh
12-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Hair grows 1/4 an inch a month. It seems like it is not growing fast for you because you notice a big difference when you go from a buzz cut to an inch or more of hair.. after that it takes a while for you to notice because the change is not that much noticable.

I know this because like you I have had a shaved head for the past 12 years.. growing it out now and noticing the same thing you are. The middle stage is the worst.. if you can get past that then you are fine.. but it's going to look like complete ass when it's in the not a buzz/ not a hair cut stage.

EmptyMan
12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
I usually keep my head shaved. I would grow out my hair long but I have a jew fro :( I'm Italian/Irish wtf :depressed

CosmicCowboy
12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Damn...are those mutton chop sideburns?

atxrocker
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Inbreds tend to have these issues.