PDA

View Full Version : Free puppy to good home...

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 11:20 AM
My wife rescued a puppy last week that was trapped in a storm drain...she took the puppy to the vet, had it wormed, got it's first round of shots, and had her checked out...

The vet says she is about 9 weeks old and will get to be about 35-40 pounds.

She is very healthy,absolutely adorable and extremely bright...she already tells us when she needs to go outside and hasn't had an accident in the house since the first day...

The vet thinks she is a chow mix since her tail curls up but she doesn't have the classic "blue" tongue of a chow...but whatever she is she is just adorable...she is always happy and the only time she barks or whines is when she want's to go outside...

We are really not ready for another dog since I haven't fenced the perimeter of my property yet, and when we get another dog it will probably be another red heeler we can use at the ranch with the cattle...so we are trying to find a good home for this little girl...

my daughter posted some pics of her here...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angelguard23/album?.dir=/c2a5&.src=ph&.tok=phIJG4CBKQRPMIPa

check her out and let me know if anyone is interested...

exstatic
04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Don't believe a word that Duff says. He won't take your animal.

:lmao

MannyIsGod
04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
I wish I could! That dog is awesome!

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 11:48 AM
oh yeah...the funny looking spot on her tail is where another puppy in the litter probably chewed on it...the skin is already healed and she doesn't mess with it...the vet says the hair will grow back in nomally...

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Don't believe a word that Duff says. He won't take your animal.

note I said a good home...:lol

Sportcamper
04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
That is a great looking dog...The head has Chow qualities but fortunately she does not look like she will have the thick furry Chow coat...My friends ½ Chow mix has the dark tongue and thick coat... She is gentle with strangers but does not like other dogs..... Maybe you have a more gentle mix like a Keeshond which also has the curled tail?

I think you were meant to keep the dog.... :smokin

The Keeshond is a very old breed and there is little doubt that the fact it was never intended to hunt, kill animals or attack criminals accounts for its gentleness and devotion. In the 17th and 18th centuries, Keeshonden were used as watchdogs, good-luck companions and vermin controllers on farms and ranches with Red Bar Angus Steers.......

Shelly
04-24-2005, 12:57 PM
She is so freaking cute!

hmmmm.....

I'd be interested, BUT, I'm worried about how she'd get along with my dog.

CC, how does she get along with your dog?

Useruser666
04-24-2005, 01:00 PM
I bet that dog will be worth it's weight in tacos! :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Shelly...that would be awesome since you have a fenced yard...she loves to be outside...plus hasn't shown any interest in digging...of course that digger you already have could be a bad influence on her...:lol

let me know if you guys want to check her out...she is really a neat happy little dog...

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 01:03 PM
does anyone watch that show dog whisperer with ceaser milan? he turns killer dogs into nice walk on leash dogs.. it is amazing..

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 01:05 PM
She is so freaking cute!

hmmmm.....

I'd be interested, BUT, I'm worried about how she'd get along with my dog.

CC, how does she get along with your dog?

Shelly...we are currently dogless but I can't see how she would have a problem...all she wants to do is play and sleep...of course YOUR dog might get tired of having a playful puppy around...:lol

Shelly
04-24-2005, 01:06 PM
I have to check with the man first. I'm just concerned how my diva would take it. She's good with other dogs at first, but then tends to get a little aggressive.

I'll let you know, (he's not home right now) but if anyone wants her first, that's fine.

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I'll pm you guys my address and cell phone number...I am gonna be outside working in the yard this afternoon...

exstatic
04-24-2005, 01:49 PM
does anyone watch that show dog whisperer with ceaser milan? he turns killer dogs into nice walk on leash dogs.. it is amazing..

I love that show, and have used some of his techinques on a friend's Rottweiler. I actually saw him finally get bitten by this yappy little dog that refused to let anyone groom it.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2005, 01:59 PM
That's a very, very cute dog.

Hopefully Shelly will be able to take it.

Shelly
04-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I just pm'd CC.

We were very concerned how my dog would get along with her. I'd hate to take her in and then have to get rid of her because they didn't get along.

:(

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 02:42 PM
no problem Shelly...I certainly understand...

Kori...this is a VERY smart puppy...maybe you could train HER how to mow the yard...despite your best effort it look like you got LJ too late for proper domestic training...:lol

Shelly
04-24-2005, 03:40 PM
:rollin

Yeah...we went back and forth on it. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding her a good home.

Did your wife post a notice at the Vet?

Sportcamper
04-24-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-res-20_small.jpg

What a shame...they say that puppies that are rescued from storm drains make the best companion dogs...And have a life expectancy of 4 weeks at the animal shelter...

I would have thought that somebody on this forum had a heart....
:depressed

Shelly
04-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm sure CC will do right by his puppy. Unlike the assholes who just dumped my dog.

T Park
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
I would take that dog in a minute, but the space at my place and trailers in the summer is limited to my basset hound.

Its a shame, such nice, young dogs, get dumped, and badly treated.

Stuff like this that really breaks my heart.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Kori...this is a VERY smart puppy...maybe you could train HER how to mow the yard...despite your best effort it look like you got LJ too late for proper domestic training...:lol

CC, we gave away our dogs over a year and a half ago when we were in an apartment temporarily before moving into this house.

Now I would love to have a dog and we have a good yard for it.

Does it chew on everything?
Does it bark too much?

I also have some concerns in that I want to have a baby within a year, and I'm not sure how dogs are around babies.

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Kori...she hasn't chewed anything except her toys...(yes...the new toys go with the puppy too..:lol)...and in 4 days she has only barked/whined when she needed to go outside and do her business...

as to the baby question that is valid but I think puppies develop the personality of their owners for the most part...and I don't think you have any problems in that area...

I actually had a normally very high strung ( and typically irresponsible) German Shorthair pointer when Lacey was a baby and he was incredibly careful with her and would even let her pull herself up on him when she was learning to walk...even when the only thing she could grab was his ear...:lol

Kori Ellis
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
CC -- thanks.

LJ and I will talk about it later tonight and let you know tomorrow. But if someone else comes in and wants the puppy for sure, don't pass them by waiting on me.

Shelly
04-24-2005, 05:32 PM
awww....I hope she gets adopted soon! And whoever does, please be responsible and spay her.

TheWriter
04-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Cos, what side of town was this puppy found?

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Wurzbach and Vance Jackson...North Central...

desflood
04-24-2005, 07:39 PM
CC, we gave away our dogs over a year and a half ago when we were in an apartment temporarily before moving into this house.

Now I would love to have a dog and we have a good yard for it.

Does it chew on everything?
Does it bark too much?

I also have some concerns in that I want to have a baby within a year, and I'm not sure how dogs are around babies.
Kori, I've got a 110 lb. german shepherd. The kids can do anything to him and he'll just accept it. He's also very protective of them around other people. Most dogs are great with kids, even babies, as long as when you bring the baby home you just act like everything is normal. Let them sniff the baby and they'll accept the scent as someone who belongs to their pack (dogs are pack animals, like wolves).

If you really need convincing, studies have shown that households that include animals produce children less likely to develop allergies later! Sometimes, exposure can be a good thing.

pooh
04-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Speaking of dogs...did anyone go to the Pooch Parade this weekend?

gay abc
04-25-2005, 09:30 AM
awww - i would luv to take her - let me send this link to the wife :lol

bigzak25
04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
very cute...love her sox.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 10:58 AM
CC, we can't take her. The baby question is too big of one for us. Let me know if you have trouble finding her a home and I'll do what I can to get the word out to more people.

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the offer Kori but due to spousal puppy bonding the "good home for the puppy" window is rapidly closing...It looks like even if I found a good home for her tomorrow it would be prudent to find someone to adopt me as well...:lol

Shelly
05-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Soooo....what did you name her????

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 12:52 PM
My significant other calls her "Bunny Bear"....I affectionately call her "you little shit"...:lol

Shelly
05-03-2005, 12:52 PM
awwwww...

:lol

Gatita
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I affectionately call her "you little shit"...:lol

You say the sweetest things. :lol