PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki: Model of Consistency

Findog
12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2009/12/dirk-nowitzki-model-of-consistency.html

Dirk Nowitzki: Model of Consistency

Remember when I asked Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle if he thinks that Dirk Nowitzki is underrated? Instead of suggesting that Nowitzki deserves more acclaim than he receives, Coach Carlisle diplomatically praised the media for voting Nowitzki to the 2009 All-NBA First Team--but Hall of Fame contributor/two-time NBA Coach of the Year/ESPN analyst Hubie Brown completely agrees with my take on Nowitzki. Late in ESPN's Wednesday night broadcast of Dallas' 100-86 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder--during which Nowitzki scored a game-high 35 points on blistering 13-18 field goal shooting while tying for game-high honors with 11 rebounds--play by play announcer Dan Shulman asked Brown, "Is it possible that a guy who has been as good as he is for as long as he has been that good--is it possible Dirk Nowitzki is still a little bit underappreciated?"

Brown immediately replied, "Oh, I think so and I've always felt that way. I feel that for what he has accomplished--and even the year that he won the MVP (2006-07), a lot of guys questioned (why) he won the MVP--and yet when you back up the stats and see everything that he did, it is just one of those freakish things that happen that certain players, no matter what they do, no matter how consistent, no matter how overwhelming their stats are, people still do not want to give them the total recognition."

Nowitzki has averaged at least 21.8 ppg for nine straight seasons and is well on course to make it ten in a row with his career-high tying 26.6 ppg average this season. During that time Nowitzki has averaged at least 8.4 rpg each year (he is slightly behind that pace with an 8.2 rpg average so far this season). As Brown pointed out earlier in the telecast, Nowitzki has consistently been an accurate shooter from the field, three point range and the three point line; during Nowitzki's aforementioned MVP campaign he joined the elite .500 (field goal percentage)--.400 (three point field goal percentage)--.900 (free throw percentage) Club, whose members include sharpshooters Larry Bird, Mark Price, Reggie Miller and Steve Nash.

For those of you who think you know NBA basketball (but really don't) and say that Nowitzki is not a clutch player, consider that this season he has shot 55-55 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter/overtime--and remember that his playoff scoring and rebounding averages (25.5 and 11.0 respectively) are significantly better than his regular season scoring and rebounding averages (22.5 and 8.4); for comparison purposes, note that renowned playoff assassin Reggie Miller not only averaged fewer points in the postseason than Nowitzki (20.6 ppg) but that Miller's playoff scoring average is 2.4 ppg higher than his regular season scoring average compared to a 3.0 differential for Nowitzki, who advanced past the first round in six of his first 11 seasons while Miller's Indiana Pacers made it out of the first round seven times in 18 seasons.

Goran Tragic
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
* does not include NBA finals

Muser
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
The last paragraph just owned 9/10 of Spurstalk :lol

Findog
12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Dirk was very good in the Finals, Wade was great. Wade's better than Dirk, so no shame in that.

Findog
12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
How many players have put up a 25/11 in the playoffs for their career?

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
It's the event in Florida that mars Nowitski's career with a black mark. He's fortunate though in that it's just dull murmurs & hushed tones. It's a gentleman's agreement that he can go in peace and no one will dog him with the particulars of that remarkable time. His punishment is sufficient that it happened, no need to conduct a search for code such as "Kobe can't win it without Shaq." There's no money in such a campaign in Texas. & maybe that will work to Dirk's detriment. Maybe he needs to be shown his failure in broad daylight, each day. Otherwise, it'll cease to have happened.

endrity
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Honestly people, go and check out games 5 and 6 of the Finals again. Dirk made clutch play after clutch play, the crazy pass to Damp, the rainbow over Shaw, the turnarounds on Haslem. They all would have been remembered as the championship deciding plays had Wade not shot free throw after free throw on the other end.

I accept that he didn't play well in 07, where he was seriously hurt and yet willed it to game 6, but he did what he could have done in 06. Kudos to Wade, for rightfully or not being able to get to the FT line anytime he needed and in process playing better than even Jordan ever did in the Finals.

Findog
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
It's the event in Florida that mars Nowitski's career with a black mark. He's fortunate though in that it's just dull murmurs & hushed tones. It's a gentleman's agreement that he can go in peace and no one will dog him with the particulars of that remarkable time. His punishment is sufficient that it happened, no need to conduct a search for code such as "Kobe can't win it without Shaq." There's no money in such a campaign in Texas. & maybe that will work to Dirk's detriment. Maybe he needs to be shown his failure in broad daylight, each day. Otherwise, it'll cease to have happened.

You have to actually make a factually-based argument instead of regurgitating the Dr. Phil talk.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM
It's easy to do justice, Fin. Much more difficult to do right.

Findog
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM
If you're the best player on your team, you play in 94 playoff games over a 9-year period, and you put up a 25/11 average in those 94 games, then you are one of the best players in the league, a HOF'er and a clutch player. To claim otherwise is asinine.

People who say Dirk "sucked" in the Finals either didn't watch the series or saw only what they wanted to see. He sucked in one of the four Mavs losses. Wade sucked in both of the Heat losses. I give the Heat credit for winning that series because Wade got more help from his teammates, Riley coached circles around Avery, and any time you let a game come down to a single play, you are leaving yourselves open to the refs blowing a call. They are human and make mistakes.

If Wade doesn't get bailed out by Salvatore at the end of Game 5, then Dirk's clutch as hell running floater over Shaq goes down as one of the all-time great plays in Finals history. He made shots from the field, Wade made free throws from the line. Dirk put up 29 and 15 in the deciding Game 6. He got whistled for a foul with 30 seconds to go in Game 6 when Wade punched him in the stomach. And if you want to bring up Dirk's missed FT at the end of G3 that would've sent the game into overtime, Wade point-blank clanged two free throws with 14 seconds left in G6 that would've iced the game for the Heat and gave the Mavs another chance. And while Salvatore bailed out Wade after he went one on five and recklessly barreled into Dirk at the end of G5, they swallowed their whistles when Gary Payton tried to pull down Terry's shorts on his three-point attempt.

To say Dirk "sucked" in the Finals and it is some sort of detriment or mark against him is laughably off the mark. The Heat won that series fair and square, but they didn't do it by emasculating Dirk.

Findog
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM
It's easy to do justice, Fin. Much more difficult to do right.

It's easy to cop the ESPN/Scoop Jackson line instead of setting the record straight.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
It's easy to cop the ESPN/Scoop Jackson line instead of setting the record straight.

I didn't cop that line for ESPN/Scoop Jackson. I copped it from "The Winslow Boy"....uh, gd you.

Findog
12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I didn't cop that line for ESPN/Scoop Jackson. I copped it from "The Winslow Boy"....uh, gd you.

U mad?

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
U mad?

No. Just put out. I finally get a half assed moment to use the line, and you call me on it.

Killakobe81
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
If you're the best player on your team, you play in 94 playoff games over a 9-year period, and you put up a 25/11 average in those 94 games, then you are one of the best players in the league, a HOF'er and a clutch player. To claim otherwise is asinine.

People who say Dirk "sucked" in the Finals either didn't watch the series or saw only what they wanted to see. He sucked in one of the four Mavs losses. Wade sucked in both of the Heat losses. I give the Heat credit for winning that series because Wade got more help from his teammates, Riley coached circles around Avery, and any time you let a game come down to a single play, you are leaving yourselves open to the refs blowing a call. They are human and make mistakes.

If Wade doesn't get bailed out by Salvatore at the end of Game 5, then Dirk's clutch as hell running floater over Shaq goes down as one of the all-time great plays in Finals history. He made shots from the field, Wade made free throws from the line. Dirk put up 29 and 15 in the deciding Game 6. He got whistled for a foul with 30 seconds to go in Game 6 when Wade punched him in the stomach. And if you want to bring up Dirk's missed FT at the end of G3 that would've sent the game into overtime, Wade point-blank clanged two free throws with 14 seconds left in G6 that would've iced the game for the Heat and gave the Mavs another chance. And while Salvatore bailed out Wade after he went one on five and recklessly barreled into Dirk at the end of G5, they swallowed their whistles when Gary Payton tried to pull down Terry's shorts on his three-point attempt.

To say Dirk "sucked" in the Finals and it is some sort of detriment or mark against him is laughably off the mark. The Heat won that series fair and square, but they didn't do it by emasculating Dirk.

Fair & square come on now ...after ALL of that you dont TRULY believe that!

But I agree Dirk fans here that hate on the Mavs and to msome degree even Mavs fans in DFW (i know live near Frisco, TX) have used the FINALS and THE GSW flop as an indictment of Dirk's game and heart ...

Just this past Monday I as a Laker fan was defending Dirk. they say he is nice but doesnt have the heart to lead a campionship team ...And I ado agree he needs a better #2 option ...but that doesnt mean Dirk cant be a #1 on a winner (though if he were a#2 h'd be killer)
Reggie Miller, AI, Stockton, Malone, Kidd, Dwight, Barkley and Lebron all are HOF'er and future HOf'ers considered to be clutch (except Malone and Dwight maybe) that fell shot in the Finals and have not won one ...

This past decade when you count CONSIsTENT greatness Dirk is only nehind Kobe and Duncan ...

Findog
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Fair & square come on now ...after ALL of that you dont TRULY believe that!

Blaming the refs is weak. The officiating was bad in the Finals, but the Mavs still had a chance to win that series. If you don't want a game to be decided on a single play where Bennett Salvatore will fuck you over, then you need to grab one more rebound, sink one more shot, get one more stop, so that it's a two-possession game instead of a one-possession game where the opposing team can take the lead.

I'll put it this way: If the Mavs hang on to win Game 5 and go home up 3-2, then they win the title. The momentum swings back to them and it's a much different series. Despite all the adversity, the FT disparity, the bullshit suspension on Stackhouse, they go home up 3-2 and there's no way Miami is getting two straight in Dallas. But having lost all games in Florida, they still had a chance to take care of business on their home court and win the title. They overcame a suspension to JET in the semis and had to go on the road to win a Game 7 in San Antonio, which is a much tougher feat than beating Miami on your home floor.

The officiating was one-sided in the Finals, but I don't like blaming the refs. It's a losers, excuses-making mentality, and the Mavs tweaked their roster at the edges of their rotation instead of making another strong move after coming up just short. If I argue that the Suns can't use the suspensions on Amare and Diaw as a valid excuse for losing to the Spurs, I can't use Salvatore's call and the atrocious officiating in Game 5 as a valid reason why Dallas "unfairly" lost to Miami. I only bring it up in the context of people saying the 06 Finals is some sort of black mark against Dirk.

But I agree Dirk fans here that hate on the Mavs and to msome degree even Mavs fans in DFW (i know live near Frisco, TX) have used the FINALS and THE GSW flop as an indictment of Dirk's game and heart ...

Just this past Monday I as a Laker fan was defending Dirk. they say he is nice but doesnt have the heart to lead a campionship team ...And I ado agree he needs a better #2 option ...but that doesnt mean Dirk cant be a #1 on a winner (though if he were a#2 h'd be killer)
Reggie Miller, AI, Stockton, Malone, Kidd, Dwight, Barkley and Lebron all are HOF'er and future HOf'ers considered to be clutch (except Malone and Dwight maybe) that fell shot in the Finals and have not won one ...

This past decade when you count CONSIsTENT greatness Dirk is only nehind Kobe and Duncan ...

:toast

Many PackYao
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
How many players have put up a 25/11 in the playoffs for their career?
Olajuwon was one of them. 26/11/3 blocks for his career playoff avg.

Findog
12-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Olajuwon was one of them. 26/11/3 blocks for his career playoff avg.

Bob Petit is another I think. Shaq?

Sportstudi
12-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Just 5. Elgin Baylor, Hakeem Olajuwon, Dirk Nowitzki, Bob Petit and Shaquille O'Neal. And it doesn't matter if you lower it down to 25/10, there will still be only these 5.

Elgin Baylor: 134 games / 27.0 ppg / 12.9 rpg
Hakeem Olajuwon: 145 / 25.9 / 11.2
Dirk Nowitzki: 97 / 25.5 / 11.0
Bob Petit: 88 / 25.5 / 14.8
Shaquille O'Neal: 203 / 25.2 / 12.1

Sportstudi
12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Blaming the refs is weak. The officiating was bad in the Finals, but the Mavs still had a chance to win that series. If you don't want a game to be decided on a single play where Bennett Salvatore will fuck you over, then you need to grab one more rebound, sink one more shot, get one more stop, so that it's a two-possession game instead of a one-possession game where the opposing team can take the lead.

I'll put it this way: If the Mavs hang on to win Game 5 and go home up 3-2, then they win the title. The momentum swings back to them and it's a much different series. Despite all the adversity, the FT disparity, the bullshit suspension on Stackhouse, they go home up 3-2 and there's no way Miami is getting two straight in Dallas. But having lost all games in Florida, they still had a chance to take care of business on their home court and win the title. They overcame a suspension to JET in the semis and had to go on the road to win a Game 7 in San Antonio, which is a much tougher feat than beating Miami on your home floor.

The officiating was one-sided in the Finals, but I don't like blaming the refs. It's a losers, excuses-making mentality, and the Mavs tweaked their roster at the edges of their rotation instead of making another strong move after coming up just short. If I argue that the Suns can't use the suspensions on Amare and Diaw as a valid excuse for losing to the Spurs, I can't use Salvatore's call and the atrocious officiating in Game 5 as a valid reason why Dallas "unfairly" lost to Miami. I only bring it up in the context of people saying the 06 Finals is some sort of black mark against Dirk.

:toast

Ghazi
12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Findog, we got fucked in the Finals, period. Yeah, we coulda made one more shot, one more rebound, made a few more free throws etc... but that doesn't mean we got straight up hosed son.

It's not a "losers excuse" either... its just a fact of life that the Mavs were on the wrong end of horrendous officiating... and it DOES taint the Heat's title.

*end rant*

Many PackYao
12-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Dirk has had better supporting casts than Olajuwon ever did. The thing is he carried their asses all season long, but they stepped up in the postseason. It seems unless it's against the Spurs or Rockets in the playoffs, Dirk's teammates don't step up their game to help him. Dirk is either going to have up his playoff numbers to drag their asses to the title or demand he gets a second star player to help.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Findog, we got fucked in the Finals, period.

Yeah, you did, but, you still are accountable. That's just the way it is.

Ghazi
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM
It's actually amazing to me that the Mavs are 19-7 with JET playing like ass and J-Ho injured for a while... a testament to the greatness of Dirk :)

But if the supporting cast doesn't pick it up this team will stagnate in the playoffs IMO.

monosylab1k
12-17-2009, 01:09 PM
It's actually amazing to me that the Mavs are 19-7 with JET playing like ass and J-Ho injured for a while... a testament to the greatness of Dirk :)

But if the supporting cast doesn't pick it up this team will stagnate in the playoffs IMO.

:tu If the Mavs ever played to their full potential (meaning 2006 J-Ho, Terry not playing like ass, and Marion being considerably more active) then I seriously believe they could challenge the Lakers in the West.

As it is right now, they're solidly 3rd in the West behind LA and Denver.

T2150
12-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Findog, we got fucked in the Finals, period. Yeah, we coulda made one more shot, one more rebound, made a few more free throws etc... but that doesn't mean we got straight up hosed son.

It's not a "losers excuse" either... its just a fact of life that the Mavs were on the wrong end of horrendous officiating... and it DOES taint the Heat's title.

*end rant*

so did Tim and Co. get fucked by the zebras at the end of game 7? maybe it was OT, but Tim was definitely fouled on that put-back...

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
So you get to attain utopia, mono, whilst the Lakers don't? Put everybody at utopia and let's see it. Agreed?

monosylab1k
12-17-2009, 01:13 PM
so did Tim and Co. get fucked by the zebras at the end of game 7? maybe it was OT, but Tim was definitely fouled on that put-back...

:lol the classic "We got screwed worse in the WCSF!!!"

Can't wait for some other Spurs fan to retort with a picture of an empty trophycase.

monosylab1k
12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
So you get to attain utopia, mono, whilst the Lakers don't? Put everybody at utopia and let's see it. Agreed?

Your team willingly decided to put Artest on it's squad, making utopia an impossibility for you.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Your team willingly decided to put Artest on it's squad, making utopia an impossibility for you.

Ok, you cut out Damp, I'll cut out Artest for utopia affect. Everybody else at utopia. Agreed?

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
See nobody at utopia can beat us at utopia. And you know what else? Everybody knows it.

Greg Oden
12-17-2009, 01:17 PM

lol missing 2 point blank layups

monosylab1k
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
See nobody at utopia can beat us at utopia.

Your team cannot achieve utopia.

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Ron-Artest-Lakers-psd31918.png

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Your team cannot achieve utopia.

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Ron-Artest-Lakers-psd31918.png

Sure.

Findog
12-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Compare the FT totals in that series and the FT totals in the Miami/Dallas series and get back to me.

endrity
12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Better yet compare the FT totals in Game 7!

T2150
12-17-2009, 01:30 PM
:lol the classic "We got screwed worse in the WCSF!!!"

Can't wait for some other Spurs fan to retort with a picture of an empty trophycase.

that answers my question.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Dallas had it won. It was in that empty trophy case that the Spurs fellows keep lodging the picture of. Then you let Miami come in and take it out and put it in their empty trophy case, causing me three years of torment that I'm just now starting to even the scale with retribution 24/7.

Greg Oden
12-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Dallas had it won. It was in that empty trophy case that the Spurs fellows keep lodging the picture of. Then you let Miami come in and take it out and put it in their empty trophy case, causing me three years of torment that I'm just now starting to even the scale with retribution 24/7.

Why don't you post a picture of it?

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't need to, it ain't any more fuller than it was when it was empty yesterday when somebody posted a picture of it.

Greg Oden
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't need to, it ain't any more fuller than it was when it was empty yesterday when somebody posted a picture of it.

More like you can't, as a precautionary measure taken against you, considering what you did to those Suns boards, weirdo.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Kori never precluded me from lodging threads, pictures, sigs, or avatars. I just said that to flame & troll.

Texas Chili Dog
12-18-2009, 05:25 AM

Maybe if Ginobili hadn't fouled Dirk on a layup he was obviously gonna make, after being specifically told not to by Popovich, then it wouldn't have come to that for the Spurs. If you're up 3, then why panic when the opponent might be about to get 2 points? Ginobili panicked.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0605/nba_a_nowitzki_430.jpg

ezau
12-18-2009, 06:02 AM
The thread is all about consistency and Dirk has done that his entire career. Though Duncan will go down as the greatest PF to ever play the game, doing in both in offense and defense; Dirk has revolutionized the position with his exemplary outside shooting.

ezau
12-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Maybe if Ginobili hadn't fouled Dirk on a layup he was obviously gonna make, after being specifically told not to by Popovich, then it wouldn't have come to that for the Spurs. If you're up 3, then why panic when the opponent might be about to get 2 points? Ginobili panicked.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0605/nba_a_nowitzki_430.jpg

That event will haunt Manu for his entire career. He's great not doubt, but that was single blot on his otherwise perfect resume that he'll be remembered for

Culburn369
12-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Dirk has revolutionized the position with his exemplary outside shooting.

McAdoo showed him how.

mystargtr34
12-18-2009, 07:43 AM
People think Dirk has been only been destroying the playoffs since the 2006 Spurs series. He's been putting up 40-10 playoff games since 2001, against prime Rasheed Wallace's and prime Tim Duncan's. If you look at some of his individual games in the playoffs from back then, he has had some ridiculous statistical games, and clutch plays.

Culburn369
12-18-2009, 09:50 AM
People think Dirk has been only been destroying the playoffs since the 2006 Spurs series. He's been putting up 40-10 playoff games since 2001, against prime Rasheed Wallace's and prime Tim Duncan's. If you look at some of his individual games in the playoffs from back then, he has had some ridiculous statistical games, and clutch plays.

2006 overshadows everything. That's how it works, for everybody. If yer gonna throw Kobe in the shit for three years cause Daddy rang without him, every motherf'er who f'ked up is goin' right in the same shit.

And you ain't without your own hair shirt. You ain't repeated. Admittedly, you ain't as f'ked as Dirk, but, you ain't pure & unadulterated either.

Findog
12-18-2009, 10:14 AM
2006 overshadows everything. That's how it works, for everybody. If yer gonna throw Kobe in the shit for three years cause Daddy rang without him, every motherf'er who f'ked up is goin' right in the same shit.

And you ain't without your own hair shirt. You ain't repeated. Admittedly, you ain't as f'ked as Dirk, but, you ain't pure & unadulterated either.

ok

Allanon
12-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Dirk was a pussy in previous years, I think he finally "gets it". He didn't know how to bring his teammates along with his own individual play.

Dirk has learned how to play defense and how to make his teammates better.

Right now, Dirk is Kobe's number 1 roadblock to #5.

Findog
12-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Dirk was a pussy in previous years, I think he finally "gets it". He didn't know how to bring his teammates along with his own individual play.

Unfortunately, I don't see the Mavs doing anything other than stretching the Lakers to 6 games in a series. The Lakers have a 29 year ownage over our franchise.

Allanon
12-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Unfortunately, I don't see the Mavs doing anything other than stretching the Lakers to 6 games in a series. The Lakers have a 29 year ownage over our franchise.

I would be dishonest if I didn't agree since I'm a Lakerfan.

But at the same time, the Mavs have the talent to match the Lakers, they have just lacked the cajones to play 4 quarters. Laker/Mavs games have been very,very close in the last couple of years.

If the Mavs can play 4 quarters in a Lakers series, they have the best chance of any team to beat the Lakers.

Allanon
12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
i agree.

Waddup Rogue. Still taking ESL classes? :lol

Greg Oden
12-18-2009, 01:19 PM
I would be dishonest if I didn't agree since I'm a Lakerfan.

But at the same time, the Mavs have the talent to match the Lakers, they have just lacked the cajones to play 4 quarters. Laker/Mavs games have been very,very close in the last couple of years.

If the Mavs can play 4 quarters in a Lakers series, they have the best chance of any team to beat the Lakers.

You actually think the Mavs are a bigger threat than the Nuggets?

Allanon
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
You actually think the Mavs are a bigger threat than the Nuggets?

Yes.

The Nuggets will screw themselves sooner or later because they have all the talent in the world but no maturity.

Like KMart's stupid grab on Vujacic last year right in front of the refs.
Or JR Smith getting baited by Vujacic last year in that one close game.

KMart & JR Smith will always find a way to lose.

Venti Quattro
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes.

The Nuggets will screw themselves sooner or later because they have all the talent in the world but no maturity.

iggypop123
12-18-2009, 01:52 PM
the mavs cannot be threats if they play barrea. we benched our trash the mavs continue to use a liability

stretch
12-18-2009, 02:03 PM

I wouldn't say he was a pussy, but I do agree he wasnt as good at making his teammates better as he is now.

I still think losing Steve Nash was the best thing to happen to Dirk, because he had to take over the team, and did a great job overall right off the back back in the 04-05 season. but i think he proved that he still grew by contributing with solid defense and great rebounding even though he didnt shoot well, and by the next season, he was a full-fledged superstar.

stretch
12-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes.

yeah i still think the nuggets can be mindscrewed too easily

the mavs cannot be threats if they play barrea. we benched our trash the mavs continue to use a liability

the funny thing is barea always seems to torch the lakers. hes a tough matchup for them because he is actually able to guard fisher and farmar.

12-18-2009, 05:29 PM
i have nothing against dirk. i think he's one of the best players in the game now. i would trade ginobili + jefferson and carry dirk from dallas to san antonio to have him on the spurs. offensively, he's better than duncan, garnett, and gasol. the only knock on him is that he can't lead his team to a title. he's a good first option but lacks the interior defense his team needs at PF. he is essentially an oversized SF.

Mavs_man_41
12-18-2009, 05:38 PM
i have nothing against dirk. i think he's one of the best players in the game now. i would trade ginobili + jefferson and carry dirk from dallas to san antonio to have him on the spurs. offensively, he's better than duncan, garnett, and gasol. the only knock on him is that he can't lead his team to a title. he's a good first option but lacks the interior defense his team needs at PF. he is essentially an oversized SF.

2009 called brah, it wants you to look at the defensive win shares this year and see who's the surprise name on the list. I'll give you a hint, it's someone that has been a decent defender for years although fat beaners from SA still haven't realized this, and is actually a good defender this year.

Culburn369
12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
The shadows of that black summer of '06 shall haunt Dirk until the day he dies, or, if he should somehow ring before he croaks. I don't see that happening. Kobe & he are about the same age, though Dirk is more mature, but, that only stands to reason because girls mature faster than boys. And Dirk was never more lovely than when Flash made Dirk squeal like a little girl in Miami.

Oh, yeah.

Findog
12-18-2009, 07:16 PM
The shadows of that black summer of '06 shall haunt Dirk until the day he dies, or, if he should somehow ring before he croaks. I don't see that happening. Kobe & he are about the same age, though Dirk is more mature, but, that only stands to reason because girls mature faster than boys. And Dirk was never more lovely than when Flash made Dirk squeal like a little girl in Miami.

Oh, yeah.

ok