PDA

View Full Version : Wannabees

johnny00
04-24-2005, 11:48 AM
While walking through many of the Fiesta activities downtown did any else notice the inordinate amount of Dallas and Houston basketball jerseys being worn?

It wasn't so bad until many of the people wearing Houston jerseys had heard thier heroes had just beaten Dallas and banded together throughout the events chanting "Houston, Houston"........annoying.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the Mavs fans would be just as irritating if the tables were turned.

While stopping to obtain some adult beverages an attractive girl starts a conversation with me saying that Houston had beat Dallas, I said that was great I thought that they would win the series anyway. She then preceded to tell me Tim Duncan and the Spurs would be next.

Well needless to say that was all it took to get my Silver and Black blood boiling. I told her there was no way Houston could beat us and asked her if she could name me four players on the Rockets squad, of course she could only name two.

Annyoing.....she was then whisked away by her two lovely associates. Never to be seen again.

Chalk up another Fiesta memory, it brings out the good and the bad and even bandwagon wannabe fans.

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2005, 11:55 AM
My question is are these people actually Houston and Dallas natives, fans, bandwagoners or wannabees??? My guess is a little of it all.

a lot of poeple come to fiesta from out of town so that could certainly be it...but the fact that this particular fan said that the Spurs would be next shows how little she actually follows basketball...the winner of that series gets the pleasure of playing Phoenix next...

johnny00
04-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Sorry Kori posted this thread twice can you please get rid of one ?
Thanks signed redfaced Johnny

Useruser666
04-24-2005, 12:43 PM
SW's daughter is a wannabe! We went to Fiesta Texas yesterday and she won a basketball at one of the midway games. She picked a DALLAS MAVERICKS BALL!!!!! :wow
:flipoff

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 12:58 PM
SW's daughter is a wannabe! We went to Fiesta Texas yesterday and she won a basketball at one of the midway games. She picked a DALLAS MAVERICKS BALL!!!!! :wow
:flipoff

did she get spanked for it?

Useruser666
04-24-2005, 12:59 PM
She had to walk home.

Clandestino
04-24-2005, 01:03 PM
She had to walk home.

dribbling her mavsball home! i can see it now..

ShoogarBear
04-24-2005, 01:35 PM
She then preceded to tell me Tim Duncan and the Spurs would be next.

Of course, the bimbo gave herself away by showing that she has no idea how the playoff brackets work.

IX_Equilibrium
04-24-2005, 03:04 PM
You should have donkey punched her.