PDA

View Full Version : why are there Lakers fans here?

poop
12-17-2009, 07:33 PM
ive always wondered about this, this is a Spurs message board yet it seems like lots of the most regular posters here are Lakers fans. it just seesm strange to me when i was looking for nba forums it never crossed my mind to seek out, register and become a regular on a lakers(or any other team besides MY team) board.

it seems like it would be much better to stick to Lakers boards if you are a diehard lakers fan-why on earth would you hang out here? i would get absolutely nothing out of, and would never go join and hang out on a fucking dallas mavericks board or phoenix buns board or something.

someone explain why all these guys are here?

P.S. 99% of them are worthless, frontrunning schmoes anyways, i say ban all these clowns.

gospursgojas
12-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Bc this place is a great place, for everyone. It goes through phases. It's had its Pistons phase, kings phase, Hornets phase... Laker and Mavs fans are usually around all the time and have always been

L.I.T
12-17-2009, 07:37 PM
/Totally misses point of forum

I prefer the Lakers posters to alot of the 'Spurs fans' who are posting nowadays.

z0sa
12-17-2009, 07:41 PM
"P.S. 99% of them are worthless, frontrunning schmoes anyways, i say ban all these clowns."

True. Ban all Lakerfans. Everyone else is still cool.

suitedkings
cause lakersground sucks?

duncan228
It would be boring here if it was only Spurs fans. There are some great fans here of other teams. It broadens the conversation.

Ignore the trolls. Appreciate the conversation with fans of the game, no matter what team they root for.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2009, 07:43 PM
I love having Laker fans here, except for the fact that some of them are child molesters/supporters of child molestation and rape..

They're entertaining though, you can't take them too seriously..

TheManFromAcme
12-17-2009, 08:12 PM
cause lakersground sucks?

Yup. Big time. Once a upon a time ago LG was actuallly a fairly decent place but now it's saturated with complete loons and people with paranoid delusion. Some of the old timers are still there and I tend to visit threads with some substance and semi-intelligent substance but Spurstalk is so much more fun and nuts. :downspin:

Spurs fan is alright in the scheme of things really.

We are not all that bad. (Laker fans)

angelbelow
12-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I think Spurstalk is a funnier/funner place with a variety of different fans. I would actually encourage more fans from other fanbases join. Most of my friends are Laker fans anyways so I always encourage them to join although they are just lurkers for now.

Duncan2177
12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Because there idiots.

lennyalderette
12-17-2009, 08:46 PM
i agree with a few of the guys above, 1 it wouldnt be as fun if we didnt have anyone to argue with, 2 some of them are alright, 3 cause their dick heads! lol

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Because there idiots.

why does this always happen?..

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Can i use this thread to also petition for a Nuggets only subsection? :smokin :lol

Dex
12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Freedom of opinion is one of the things that makes SpursTalk interesting and entertaining. Some of the best posters on this site are fans of other teams.

DPG21920
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Laker fans are some of the dumbest, but it is fun having other fans here. I am a Spurs fan but have met up with some of the Mav fans and played ball. Was pretty cool. Bump is a beast.

Capt Bringdown
12-17-2009, 09:26 PM
It's little else than trolling, isn't it? You didn't see all these Laker fans hanging out here when we were on top. Now that the Lakers are the champs, some of their fans are compelled to hang out on other team's forums and needle people.
I understand the trash-talking element, but damn, it seems like a pretty sad and pathetic way to get your thrills.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Come to think of it, i don't remember many Laker fans being around when i first found ST :lol I think half of them were fans of other teams then

Sisk
12-17-2009, 09:32 PM

seriously.. reminds me of this guy

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/01/Morans-Sign.jpg

Medvedenko
12-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Laker fans are here because of the rivarly between the Lakers and Spurs. I've been here coming on 6 years. Still the best sports forum out there.

SouthTexasRancher
12-17-2009, 10:42 PM

P.S. 99% of them are worthless, frontrunning schmoes anyways, i say ban all these clowns.

So are you saying you'd prefer the Spurs just play themselves each game night? If you are so thin-skinned that you let Laker fans bother you then a board like this is probably not for you. Many of us get it on with them because of the rivalry history between the two franchises but, to my knowledge none of us on either side take any of it personally. It is all in fun....not something to go jump off a 60 story building over. Relax and enjoy. Besides the guns they bring are just water pistols. Some of the Laker fans here are actually pretty good guys and I'd buy them a cold one if we ever met in the real world. JMHO :toast

SouthTexasRancher
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Can i use this thread to also petition for a Nuggets only subsection? :smokin :lol

Not if your Nuggets kick our ass again! he,he

CGD
12-17-2009, 10:59 PM
On balance, they are pretty decent posters. The non-Spur fan posters help balance out the over emotional, irrational, and illogical "Spurs fan" posters.

I could care less who posts here so long as the argument/points made are sensible and relevant.

SpurmzKilla
12-18-2009, 02:22 AM
ive always wondered about this, this is a Spurs message board yet it seems like lots of the most regular posters here are Lakers fans. it just seesm strange to me when i was looking for nba forums it never crossed my mind to seek out, register and become a regular on a lakers(or any other team besides MY team) board.

it seems like it would be much better to stick to Lakers boards if you are a diehard lakers fan-why on earth would you hang out here? i would get absolutely nothing out of, and would never go join and hang out on a fucking dallas mavericks board or phoenix buns board or something.

Because there are Lakers fans EVERYWHERE. Spurs fans try to deny it but no matter where you go there will always be someone who knows the truth- the Lakers are the greatest team in NBA history so it makes sense that there would be Lakers fans here.

Why are we hear? because were trying to save you from eturnal damnation. Spurs try to make you spend money on their washed up band of geezers but you shouldn't give them your money. Find salvation. Find the immortal KB24 and the Los Angeles Lakers. The Spurs promised you Championship Glory but have given you 13-10 in 7th place. They promised you a roster makeover but given you a group of nudered mutts.
The Lakers keep there word. They know their fans want championships so they go out and get them. They know there franchise player wants a bench mob so they get it. The Lakers have delivered to their fans. They have rewarded the ones who spend there hard earned dollars with playoff glory.

Look what the Spurs have done to you? They have sucked your soul and turned you into a bunch of filthy, negative creeps. You hate your players and you write all this bitching and moaning about your team when you should be loving basketball. There is only one true way to basketball salvation.

Come to Los Angeles. You can find Los Angeles no matter where you are. Even in dirty San Antonio. Los Angeles will be with you if you believe in the Lakers and give your faith to Phil Jackson. You have to accept the truth, take off your shameful "Spurs 2006 Champions" banner and give your whole soul to Los Angeles. Are you ready for redemption? Are you ready to be part of a winning team that plays with heart? Are you ready to follow the hardest working, most compatetive AllStar in the world? Like so many fans on every other teams's board, let KB24 bring Los Angeles into your life.

TimDunkem
12-18-2009, 02:26 AM
lol @ the faggot from smoggy LA calling SA dirty. HAHAHA At least we can breathe down here. With all the smog, and Kobe's cock choking you out, you think you wouldn't even be coherent enough to type out all that bullshit.

symple19
12-18-2009, 02:28 AM
It would be boring here if it was only Spurs fans. There are some great fans here of other teams. It broadens the conversation.

Ignore the trolls. Appreciate the conversation with fans of the game, no matter what team they root for.

:tu

TDMVPDPOY
12-18-2009, 02:35 AM
thats because some sites are fkn strict, doesnt allow trolling or calling out ur teams players....like kingstalk, SR.....

fkn

Chillen
12-18-2009, 07:32 AM
They are all die-hard closet Spurs fans, it's a huge conspiracy. :downspin:
no seriously...

I think it boils down to that they respect a champion, Pop, Tim Duncan, Manu and Tony have won it all before and ended their hopes of a 4peat back in 2003 and the series in 2004 was fun, and they love the fact that their team has become the dominant NBA team after the Gasol trade, beating the Spurs in the 2008 WCF. I am sure the Spurs and their fans would love to return the favor this season, but I do think they respect Duncan and the Spurs, even if they fail to admit it.

DAF86
12-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Long story short: the Lakers got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown.

Solid D
12-18-2009, 08:04 AM

Interesting that your SIG says "I LOVE DWAYNE WADE" (sp). It just goes to show that you can be a basketball fan, an NBA fan, a fan of individual players, or whatever and still be accepted & contribute at SpursTalk.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I enjoy fans of other teams as long as they aren't just here to troll or bash the Spurs. But I enjoy good basketball debate. The Pistons fans were some of the best. During their run the Pistons fans here in the forum were all pretty darn savvy, basketball-wise.

TJastal
12-18-2009, 12:24 PM

:lol:rollin:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lo l:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao

dbestpro
12-18-2009, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=SpurmzKilla;3928881]Because there are Lakers fans EVERYWHERE.
QUOTE]

I have to agree. People who have loser lives look for fullfillment through the percieved success of others. LA is la-la land. These losers think they are a part of the show. They root against their own back yard out of resentment rather than anything substantial.

original poster
12-18-2009, 12:40 PM

Because! There, idiots.

:toast

Duncan2177
12-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Because! There, idiots.

:toast

No shit

Baseline
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Because there are Lakers fans EVERYWHERE. Spurs fans try to deny it but no matter where you go there will always be someone who knows the truth- the Lakers are the greatest team in NBA history so it makes sense that there would be Lakers fans here.

Why are we hear? because were trying to save you from eturnal damnation. Spurs try to make you spend money on their washed up band of geezers but you shouldn't give them your money. Find salvation. Find the immortal KB24 and the Los Angeles Lakers. The Spurs promised you Championship Glory but have given you 13-10 in 7th place. They promised you a roster makeover but given you a group of nudered mutts.
The Lakers keep there word. They know their fans want championships so they go out and get them. They know there franchise player wants a bench mob so they get it. The Lakers have delivered to their fans. They have rewarded the ones who spend there hard earned dollars with playoff glory.

Look what the Spurs have done to you? They have sucked your soul and turned you into a bunch of filthy, negative creeps. You hate your players and you write all this bitching and moaning about your team when you should be loving basketball. There is only one true way to basketball salvation.

Come to Los Angeles. You can find Los Angeles no matter where you are. Even in dirty San Antonio. Los Angeles will be with you if you believe in the Lakers and give your faith to Phil Jackson. You have to accept the truth, take off your shameful "Spurs 2006 Champions" banner and give your whole soul to Los Angeles. Are you ready for redemption? Are you ready to be part of a winning team that plays with heart? Are you ready to follow the hardest working, most compatetive AllStar in the world? Like so many fans on every other teams's board, let KB24 bring Los Angeles into your life.

Typical Laker fan. So brainless that he doesn't know the difference between "here" and "hear," and can't spell the word "eternal." On the other hand, lots of Spurs fans have actually finished sixth grade.

By the way, Laker fan, if all you people are going to cheer for a person like Kobe Bryant, you might not want to play the "eternal damnation" card.

If you can pull for Mr. Bryant and still look yourself in the mirror...well, you deserve to be Laker fans.

Baseline
12-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Exactly. And if that trade didn't happen, would anybody be talking about the Lakers or K. Bryant right now?

Of course not.

And yet Gasol doesn't get near enough credit. While Bryant gets all the headlines lately due to his millionth finger "injury," Gasol is racking up 18+ rebound games night after night.

jag
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
It's fine that they are here but the way they get to run their mouths around here like their parents are out of town is sickening. I see Spurs fans banned all the time but never another teams fan.

Do you not realize how hard it is to get banned here?

If you get banned on SpursTalk, it's because you earned it.

Kori Ellis
12-18-2009, 03:59 PM
It's fine that they are here but the way they get to run their mouths around here like their parents are out of town is sickening. I see Spurs fans banned all the time but never another teams fan.

:lol @ "all the time"

Bannings are rare for anyone, but fans from other teams get banned much more often than Spurs fans...probably more than 5 to 1.

Anyway to answer the original poster, the reason that Lakers fans are here is the same reason Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Rockets, Cavs, Pistons (etc) fans are here. They come here originally to talk crap. Then they realize that SpursTalk is better than their home team forum, and they stay.

Allanon
12-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Exactly. And if that trade didn't happen, would anybody be talking about the Lakers or K. Bryant right now?

Of course not.

Lakers would still be at the top with Kobe/Bynum/Odom/Artest & Marc Gasol.

Bynum this year without Gasol 22 points & 11 Rebounds.

Marc Gasol .. 14 points and 10 rebounds.

Marc Gasol and Bynum are all over this NBA top players list:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2010_leaders.html

Brazil
12-18-2009, 04:28 PM
^I'm sure Allanon has an affair with Marc Gasol

Brazil
12-18-2009, 04:28 PM
^that or Pau Gasol stole his wife

Allanon
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Why are there Lakers fans here?

^I'm sure Allanon has an affair with Marc Gasol

:lol :toast

This answers the question.

iggypop123
12-18-2009, 04:30 PM

wait a second, lets take a time out

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5206/straightupgartest.jpg

the lakers would be contenders if they had kept marc, but the favorites. not really. they would be denver, a team that wins games but never wins the title

Allanon
12-18-2009, 04:36 PM
wait a second, lets take a time out[/IMG]

the lakers would be contenders if they had kept marc, but the favorites. not really. they would be denver, a team that wins games but never wins the title

Pau's cool but the Lakers never needed him with Marc waiting in the wings. Marc was averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds before AI returned from injury. One of the ESPN dudes even wrote that Marc's a nastier version of Pau.

Non-Laker fans should be happy that the Grizzlies stopped the Lakers from having the two best big men in the West for the next 10 years.

Mr.Robinson
12-18-2009, 07:05 PM

No. Kobe owes Gasol his last ring.

LakerLanny
12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
No. Kobe owes Gasol his last ring.

Not a very intelligent statement.

Did you watch the playoffs last season?

mytespurs
12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
:lol @ "all the time"

Bannings are rare for anyone, but fans from other teams get banned much more often than Spurs fans...probably more than 5 to 1.

Anyway to answer the original poster, the reason that Lakers fans are here is the same reason Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Rockets, Cavs, Pistons (etc) fans are here. They come here originally to talk crap. Then they realize that SpursTalk is better than their home team forum, and they stay.

Well said Kori!

Though I do wonder why they show up quite a bit in a Spurs forum vs the NBA forum but......I don't mind the lakers fan....there are a few that I tend to ignore but for the most part laker fans are a-okay! :)

Cane
12-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Where else can trolls post?

imagevo
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Don't quote me on this but I think that the reason so many fans from other teams come over to this forum is because there actually aren't any other good nba team forums for them to join.

This is just because, excluding the whiny bandwagon fans, the spurs have the best fans in the nba and therefore we have the best forum.