PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Love The Beast (a movie/documentary for car people)

phyzik
12-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Watching this on Speed Channel right now. It's the premier. It's a documentary that follows Actor Eric Bana's passion for his favorite car, a 1973 XB Falcon Coupe GT (the same car featured in the First Mad Max movie). He's had it since he was like 17 and the documentary follows him from the day he buys it, to the day he races it for the first time in the Targa (a 5 day endurance race on public roads) to current day.

Regardless of how you feel about Eric Bana's acting, this dude is a true car guy. :tu I have to say, Im loving it so far. If your a car person, I have to say this is a necessary watch.

Victor Newman
12-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Is there a "beauty" anywhere in the movie?

phyzik
12-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Is there a "beauty" anywhere in the movie?

If you mean him saying Beauty in his accent, I think I've heard him, or various other Aussies say "Beaut" :lol

If you mean Beauty as in actual hotties, His wife isnt too bad, its only like halfway through though.

If you mean Beauty in regards to cars, there are tons of them, including a spot where he chats it up with Jay Leno in Leno's garage.

The cool thing is, he doesnt have a hired professional crew for his races. Since he bought the car, to this day, everyone is pretty much a childhood friend. From fixing up the car in the first place to his navigating partner today. All childhood buddies who worked on the car.