Nice:toast

MiamiHeat
12-18-2009, 09:52 PM
time to get paiddddd

max $$$$$$$$$$$$

gasol has that franchise by the nuts, he knows they will pay the max possible

Double-Up
12-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Wow I looked at his stats for the year and damn 17PPG 12RPG 4AST 1.5BLK FG57% and 90% from the FT line. What the fuck?

KidCongo
12-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Got the MVP locked up longer than Kobe.

Def Rowe
12-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Gasol's last 4 games = 78 rebounds. Good extension. Make the guy feel at home.

Kobe™
12-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Got the MVP locked up longer than Kobe.

That's because Kobe himself hasn't resigned yet. He's been offered the Max.

Anyways, very happy that our core is locked in for these next few seasons. It'll just be a matter of surrounding them with the right complimentary players.

mystargtr34
12-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Smart move by Kupchak and West.

ginobili's bald spot
12-18-2009, 11:08 PM
He deserves it. Still one of the most under appreciated players in the league and he has been absolutely ballin so far this season.

KSeal
12-18-2009, 11:53 PM
3 years 64 million is quite a bit for Pau. I guess the Lakers would rather give him more money for short years then get stuck having to give him like a six year deal if they wait. It's pretty clear 13/14 is going to be the last year for this Laker team. Kobe will probably then retire and all the other guys contracts will be done by then expect Bynum might still be around if continues to develop.

Culburn369
12-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Barring any compromising injuries, or, extended stays in the old lady's woodshed I'd expect Bryant to play on into his early 40's.

KSeal
12-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Barring any compromising injuries, or, extended stays in the old lady's woodshed I'd expect Bryant to play on into his early 40's.

He may but the Lakers won't be title contenders after the 13/14 season. Kobe will have so many miles on him at that point and most the supporting case will be old too.

Culburn369
12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I was talkin' out my ass, K. I'm drunk with all the wins tonite. I'm deliriously happy.

LakasRool4eva
12-19-2009, 12:46 AM
the hataz cant bring me down 2nite. not with news like this...............

Fpoonsie
12-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Well, fuck.

Trainwreck2100
12-19-2009, 03:39 AM

can you change your sig pic to Jack Nicolson or something.

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 12:41 PM
He may but the Lakers won't be title contenders after the 13/14 season. Kobe will have so many miles on him at that point and most the supporting case will be old too.

You don't know that and considering the Lakers history it becomes a pretty silly statement.

Bynum will be entering his prime. Kobe at 36 is still an easy 21 ppg with his post game.

Lakers could easily end up moving Lamar's contract for a decent player. Sign another Ron Artest caliber guy for the MLE or punk another team with a Ariza like trade.

Double-Up
12-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Damn that bitch is ugly...what the hell was Odom thinking? :lol

pauls931
12-19-2009, 12:46 PM
No risk of him bolting to pair up with LBJ...

KSeal
12-19-2009, 01:36 PM
You don't know that and considering the Lakers history it becomes a pretty silly statement.

Bynum will be entering his prime. Kobe at 36 is still an easy 21 ppg with his post game.

Lakers could easily end up moving Lamar's contract for a decent player. Sign another Ron Artest caliber guy for the MLE or punk another team with a Ariza like trade.

Kobe would be in what, his 19th season? Maybe if Bynum really turns into a franchise, top 10 guy but I just don't think he will.

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
sons this is even better news for Kobe ... Gasol will continue to do most of the work, while Kobe jacks up 25 shots a game and gets ALL of the credit for any team success.

KSeal
12-19-2009, 01:44 PM
sons this is even better news for Kobe ... Gasol will continue to do most of the work, while Kobe jacks up 25 shots a game and gets ALL of the credit for any team success.

Kobe getting all the credit yet there was just an article posted here talking about how Pau is the real MVP of the Lakers..

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Kobe would be in what, his 19th season? Maybe if Bynum really turns into a franchise, top 10 guy but I just don't think he will.

19th season so what? Medicine and physical training has improved significantly. You can't compare Kobe's longevity to past NBA players. Look at Kobe's post game - there is no reason he can't do that at 35/36 and put up 20 a game.

Bynum is already a 20/11 player as a second option at 22 years old. You don't think he'll get any better?

Is Pau going to be worthless by then? Doubtful. But even then the Lakers could move his expiring for another piece.

KSeal
12-19-2009, 02:12 PM
19th season so what? Medicine and physical training has improved significantly. You can't compare Kobe's longevity to past NBA players. Look at Kobe's post game - there is no reason he can't do that at 35/36 and put up 20 a game.

Bynum is already a 20/11 player as a second option at 22 years old. You don't think he'll get any better?

Is Pau going to be worthless by then? Doubtful. But even then the Lakers could move his expiring for another piece.

Since when if Bynum 20 and 11? The first three weeks of the season? Dude has completely disappeared, already. Wait till he gets through a season without a major knee injury until you include him in plans 5 years down the road.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Since when if Bynum 20 and 11? The first three weeks of the season? Dude has completely disappeared, already.

Since when he was the 2nd option on this team. Just because his stats have decreased (which everyone on this planet expected) with Pau's return does not equate to him disappearing.

Wait till he gets through a season without a major knee injury until you include him in plans 5 years down the road.

Says the guy that wanted to trade Kobe for Kevin Durant last year. :lol

Besides that the Lakers obviously are including Bynum in their long term plans else they wouldn't have signed him to a long term contract.

KSeal
12-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Since when he was the 2nd option on this team. Just because his stats have decreased (which everyone on this planet expected) with Pau's return does not equate to him disappearing.

So cause Pau's there that gives him the excuse to grab 4 rebounds, 3 rebounds and 3 rebounds the last three games? :lol You overrate the fuck out of Bynum. The guy is so soft and fragile and gives no shit about playing defense.

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 02:31 PM
So cause Pau's there that gives him the excuse to grab 4 rebounds, 3 rebounds and 3 rebounds the last three games? :lol You overrate the fuck out of Bynum. The guy is so soft and fragile and gives no shit about playing defense.

When Pau is grabbing 20 boards Bynum's not going to fight him for it. Nor should he. Re-watch the games and put those boards in context.

The fact that you claim Bynum plays no defense displays your basketball ignorance, which makes sense, as you were serious about trading Kobe for Durant.

Bynum altered at least 6 shots in the Bucks game. Defensive rating of 99 (which is elite). How am I overrating Bynum? His age/production/post-game speaks for itself.

Pau at age 22 as the first option: 19, 9, 2 on 51%. Bynum at 22 as a third option in 3 less minutes: 17, 8, 2 on 57%. Yeah man this Bynum guy sucks!

KSeal
12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
When Pau is grabbing 20 boards Bynum's not going to fight him for it. Nor should he. Re-watch the games and put those boards in context.

The fact that you claim Bynum plays no defense displays your basketball ignorance, which makes sense, as you were serious about trading Kobe for Durant.

Bynum altered at least 6 shots in the Bucks game. Defensive rating of 99 (which is elite). How am I overrating Bynum? His age/production/post-game speaks for itself.

Pau at age 22 as the first option: 19, 9, 2 on 51%. Bynum at 22 as a third option in 3 less minutes: 17, 8, 2 on 57%. Yeah man this Bynum guy sucks!

You're correct. I'm totally wrong and totally ignorant. Bynum is an amazing player and a "elite" defensive player. I still don't think the Lakers will be title contenders after the 13/14 season. And I think the Lakers preparing that way is very smart. If Kobe's still chugging along by then and the guys around him are good enough then keep it up, if not all the big guys contracts are off the books and you can move on, which is what I think happens.

j-money24
12-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Your so dumb, Bynum is the softest and most overrated player in the league.

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 02:49 PM
You're correct. I'm totally wrong and totally ignorant.

When it comes to all things Kobe and Bynum, pretty much. We agree.

I still don't think the Lakers will be title contenders after the 13/14 season. And I think the Lakers preparing that way is very smart. If Kobe's still chugging along by then and the guys around him are good enough then keep it up, if not all the big guys contracts are off the books and you can move on, which is what I think happens.

The Lakers aren't preparing that way which is something you aren't getting. They gave Pau the max extension in years he was allowed. They'll do the same for Kobe. It makes sense for both Kobe and Pau to sign those extensions instead of new deals since it gives them an opportunity to make more money in the future.

Your original claim is what I have problem with. You assumed Kobe is going to retire at that age, that Bynum is some worthless piece that won't be getting better and that the Lakers won't make any moves that improve their future within the next 5 years.

ChrisRichards
12-19-2009, 02:53 PM
:lol @ laker fans in disagreement.

KSeal
12-19-2009, 02:58 PM
The Lakers aren't preparing that way which is something you aren't getting. They gave Pau the max extension in years he was allowed. They'll do the same for Kobe. It makes sense for both Kobe and Pau to sign those extensions instead of new deals since it gives them an opportunity to make more money in the future.

Your original claim is what I have problem with. You assumed Kobe is going to retire at that age, that Bynum is some worthless piece that won't be getting better and that the Lakers won't make any moves that improve their future within the next 5 years.

And I still assume that. Sure they'll try to improve the team but I don't think they will be able to do enough to keep them legit title contenders at that point.

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Your so dumb,

Go back to Lakersground

Bynum is the softest and most overrated player in the league.

You know nothing about how basketball is actually played.

milkshakeballa
12-19-2009, 03:02 PM
And I still assume that. Sure they'll try to improve the team but I don't think they will be able to do enough to keep them legit title contenders at that point.

have you been following the jerry buss lead lakers for the past thirty fukin years?

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

21_Blessings
12-19-2009, 03:04 PM

That's fine up until you realize the Lakers have been to 30 NBA finals and they could potentially clear/trade 30 million in cap space in 2012. Even if Bynum doesn't work out his contract is a favorable trade piece. Team options on Drew and Odom in 3 years with Artest having a player option.

KSeal
12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
have you been following the jerry buss lead lakers for the past thirty fukin years?

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

I was born in 1989. So no, not 30 years. You guys are fucking delusional. Good luck with that million year old Kobe lead team trying to win a title. Oh wait it'll be Bynum leading the team :lmao

TheManFromAcme
12-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I was born in 1989. So no, not 30 years. You guys are fucking delusional. Good luck with that million year old Kobe lead team trying to win a title. Oh wait it'll be Bynum leading the team :lmao

Seal. If you know anything about the Lakers you'll know that business wise, they do their homework way before it's due and if you know anything about basketball players you'll know that Kobe will make adjustments to his game as he ages to assure transitioning for the next superstar. And lastly, if you really know anything about the Lakers they will assure that at least one superstar is in the roster.

Kobe™
12-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Be at peace, fellow Laker Fans!

Allanon
12-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Be at peace, fellow Laker Fans!

Venti Quattro
12-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Bynum's been sick lately so we should give him some slack.

Fouling out in 10 minutes is inexcusable though.