PDA

View Full Version : Must I Remind you.

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:16 PM
T4HGUr89IDg

Fave band of the 90's.

Greg Oden
12-18-2009, 11:17 PM
they're not as good as the guy from rage against the machine. his lyrics aren't as creative and meaningful.

MANGINA
12-18-2009, 11:18 PM
I wish you hadn't.

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I wish you hadn't.

I get it. They're not your trucking tuff Hotrod, Route 66, Chilli con Salsa, Malaguena, Thoroughgood brand of Rock N Roll. To each his own.

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:20 PM
they're not as good as the guy from rage against the machine. his lyrics aren't as creative and meaningful.

Lol, oh goodness.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-18-2009, 11:20 PM
i had a friend
country cid

he bought this cd just for that song....and would put it in his CD player just for this song...over and over again. There are some pussed out tracks on this CD but it's production is damn good and there are some cool ass sounds throughout. If Jimmy had not delivered 100cc's of heroin into his aorta, the followup to Mellon Collie would have been entirely different.

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:24 PM
i had a friend
country cid

he bought this cd just for that song....and would put it in his CD player just for this song...over and over again. There are some pussed out tracks on this CD but it's production is damn good and there are some cool ass sounds throughout. If Jimmy had not delivered 100cc's of heroin into his aorta, the followup to Mellon Collie would have been entirely different.

Dude, i'm like a total tone snob.

Luckily, Smashing pumpkins always produce nice rocking guitar tone.

For those dudes who work at the local pizzeria near campus listen to beardcore and idolize the Rollins band, i could see how faggy Corgan be a turn off.

But Cherubim Rock is one example amongst others that proves this band has a righteous Mean Streak.

It's like, i wish i could emulate their sound, they sound like Lutes through a distortion pedal in an Andulusian Castle with big titted hot fallen angel demon bitches.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Corgan is a tone snob as well. He's one of those dudes that fully believes in doing whatever it takes in the studio to achieve a sound you have in your head, even if its impossible to get it down live.

The track Soma has like over 20 different guitar parts on it. He also modulates the fuck outta his voice, he took singing lessons before Adore, and you can tell, but he sounds like ass live. He sounds really good pre-Mellon Collie live, cuz he just screamed the shit outta his songs. By the Machina tour he sounded horrible.
Pumpkins also rule because if you're motivated enough you can seriously find a really good live bootleg of almost every show they've ever performed.

I got to see them live on this last tour, went mostly outta nostalgia, cuz the new album isn't all that. But it sucked BALLS. I had no choice but to get wasted and just headbang like no other because I was getting so pissed watching these young emo douches sitting down when they play Drown or Zero or Bullet or Cherub Rock.

Ridiculous.

He did a shitty job getting the crowd involved though, and the fact that he got a new chick bass player and another asian rhythm guitarist is just too weird.

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Corgan is a tone snob as well. He's one of those dudes that fully believes in doing whatever it takes in the studio to achieve a sound you have in your head, even if its impossible to get it down live.

The track Soma has like over 20 different guitar parts on it. He also modulates the fuck outta his voice, he took singing lessons before Adore, and you can tell, but he sounds like ass live. He sounds really good pre-Mellon Collie live, cuz he just screamed the shit outta his songs. By the Machina tour he sounded horrible.
Pumpkins also rule because if you're motivated enough you can seriously find a really good live bootleg of almost every show they've ever performed.

That's why he's a genuis in my book. Rofl! i spelled genius wrong!

His sonic vocabulary is immense. He's more like an impressionist painter in that aspect, in that he looks for a certain tone to color the whole song, and even with that, he applies different brush strokes to achieve a portrait of what's in his head.

Now, his lyrics, they're alright. I think they're a couple of levels above of average, but i wouldn't put him amongst the great lyrcist. He definately deserves some sort of consideration.

And, yeah. The blonde bassist chick reminded me of this chick i dated in community college. I've always wanted to bone the Smashing Pumpkins chick for some reason.

monosylab1k
12-18-2009, 11:42 PM
gtown you may not like hearing this, but I'm a big pumpkins fan.

monosylab1k
12-18-2009, 11:46 PM
PoUVCMx7RWM

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:46 PM
gtown you may not like hearing this, but I'm a big pumpkins fan.

LOL! i don't have hatred for any mavfan in reality.

That's cool, broseph! :toast

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I never realized until Mono's vid, how the three, billy, the chick, and the chink look like goth vegans, but their drummer is into steaks, whey protein, and 24 hr fitness.

IronMexican
12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
SP's cool.

Ignignokt
12-18-2009, 11:55 PM
SP's cool.

I like Salsa con Puerco! Simon! ajjjuuuuajajajay!!

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2009, 01:17 AM
theres only 2 songs i like from the cranberries....

katyon6th
12-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Billy Corgan and Jessica Simpson are dating.

And TDMVPDPOYYy, the Cranberries are fucking awesome.

Ignignokt
12-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Billy Corgan and Jessica Simpson are dating.

And TDMVPDPOYYy, the Cranberries are fucking awesome.

no way!!!

katyon6th
12-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Si wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Ignignokt
12-19-2009, 01:44 AM
nooommmmbrreeehhhh!!! aahhhhhhhH!!!

Nbadan
12-19-2009, 01:47 AM
haters

nxpblnsJEWM

Nbadan
12-19-2009, 01:48 AM
5LeLAELIxKY

Ignignokt
12-19-2009, 01:49 AM
haters

nxpblnsJEWM

?? I like Radiohead some..

But yeah, they're dipshits in real life. They are haters.

Nbadan
12-19-2009, 01:57 AM
under-rated...

pudOFG5X6uA

Nbadan
12-19-2009, 02:03 AM
1hKSYgOGtos