View Full Version : Good Riddance!

Nbadan
12-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Who could forget when Gibson asked Obama and Hillary debate questions straight from Sean Insannity....what an asshat!

-P8I6CM8Ggg

Charles Gibson's last day as ABC World News anchor was today. It began with an exclusive Brian Ross piece on a military strike on Al-Qaeda in Yemen. In an odd juxtaposition, a story on the east coast snowstorm (with Sam Champion) preceded the report on the day at the Climate Change Summit. Update on Senate action on health care. Commercial. A piece on businesses accommodating children with autism. Then a preview of tonight's Nightline, where Jeffrey Kofman will interview David Goldman, who's struggling to gain custody of his son currently living in Brazil with stepfather. Commercial.

And then the grand finale, Gibson delivers his farewell speech and can be seen nearly breaking down as he signs off for the last time before the program transitions to a video collection of farewells from various celebrities. They range from the currently living former presidents (Clinton, the Bushes, and Carter), other ABC News reporters, cooks Emeril Lagasse and Wolfgang Puck, the current CBS and NBC News anchors, and finally the current President. The closing scene of tonight's newscast had the World News staff applauding Gibson around his desk.

On Monday, Diane Sawyer will take over. Coincidentially that's exactly 3 years before the day when the Mayans think the world will end. If it really does, blame it on Diane.

I enjoyed watching Gibson deliver the news after Peter Jennings died and wish him the best. Please share your thoughts, memories, praise, criticism, anything about Charles Gibson right here.

Yes he helped expose Palin too , but Gibson was not a friend of voters..

Winehole23
12-19-2009, 04:35 AM
Missed it the first time around.I guess that's why I thought of John Gibson, when you said Charlie. Guess I need to watch more TV.

Winehole23
12-19-2009, 04:38 AM
I'm not a fan, but my hat's off to him. I hope he enjoys his retirement.