PDA

View Full Version : We're only 2 games out of the #2 seed in the West in the loss column...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I know I know, it's just December, standings don't matter till later, but for all the meltdowns on here recently in regards to the team we're still in better shape than you would think. Some critics think the Spurs will struggle to make the playoffs, but really the whole West is absolutely packed, and a good stretch of wins and the Spurs could be right back up there.

:toast

Ice009
12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Spurs have been about 2 games out of that second spot for around a couple of weeks now.

What's your point. We keep losing and fortunately for us so do other teams.

We have to play better and WIN against anyone.

crc21209
12-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Exactly why I'm not worried about the Spurs. For all the talk about the Spurs struggles, every other team in the West besides the Lakers has at least 8 losses already...

Western Conference

LA Lakers 20 4
Dallas 19 8
Denver 19 8
Phoenix 17 9
Portland 16 11
Houston 15 11
Utah 15 11
San Antonio 13 10

narmerguy
12-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Exactly why I'm not worried about the Spurs. For all the talk about the Spurs struggles, every other team in the West besides the Lakers has at least 8 losses already...

Western Conference

LA Lakers 20 4
Dallas 19 8
Denver 19 8
Phoenix 17 9
Portland 16 11
Houston 15 11
Utah 15 11
San Antonio 13 10

We're kinda going to have to be able to beat the lakers too. Also, sure, we're 2 losses out. But we're also 6 wins out too. I'm not confidant in our ability to win 6 straight right now.

crc21209
12-19-2009, 03:21 AM
We're kinda going to have to be able to beat the lakers too. Also, sure, we're 2 losses out. But we're also 6 wins out too. I'm not confidant in our ability to win 6 straight right now.

Because we've played like 6-7 games less than those other teams...once they've all played the same amount of games at some point...we'll see where we stand..

FkLA
12-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Spurs will win the division. Heard it here first.

mytespurs
12-19-2009, 10:29 AM
If the playoffs started today, the Spurs would face the Lakers. Another year of 1 and done. The way Spurs are playing against upper echelon teams at this point, this would either be a lakers sweep or a 5 game series at most (spurs may eke out 1 win).

1 and done.....not good by Spurs standards.

Flux451
12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Seriously, who cares.

We won the division last year and we weren't good enough to get out of the first round (save your gino talk).

Last year, We won slightly less than half of the games against teams above .500. If we keep that up, I don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs...again.
All of the years we took the ring, we had good winning percentages against above average teams.

If we can't beat these teams, it doesn't matter where we are ranked.

Keep your keen eye on this.

Agloco
12-19-2009, 04:01 PM

Wins don't matter as everyone plays the same amount of games. The only column that matters is losses: You can't get those back.

Agloco
12-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Seriously, who cares.

We won the division last year and we weren't good enough to get out of the first round (save your gino talk).

Last year, We won slightly less than half of the games against teams above .500. If we keep that up, I don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs...again.
All of the years we took the ring, we had good winning percentages against above average teams.

If we can't beat these teams, it doesn't matter where we are ranked.

Keep your keen eye on this.

:rolleyes

Make a statement, then ask people to ignore a key reason as to why you were able to make the statement in the first place. :tu