PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Ben Nelson to announce support for health-care bill

Spursmania
12-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Sen. Ben Nelson to announce support for health-care bill

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, December 19, 2009; 9:07 AM

Sen. Ben Nelson (Neb.), the final Democratic holdout on health care, was prepared to announce to his caucus Saturday morning that he would support the Senate reform bill, clearing the way for final passage by Christmas.

"We're there," said Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.), as he headed into a special meeting to announce the deal.

Democratic leaders spent days trying to hammer out a deal with Nelson, and worked late Friday night with Nelson on abortion coverage language that had proved the major stumbling block. But Nelson also secured other favors for his home state.

Asked if he was prepared to support the bill, Nelson said, "Yeah."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/19/AR2009121900797.html?hpid=topnews

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-19-2009, 12:42 PM
And all it took was us Americans having to pick up the entire tab for Medicaid in Nelson's state of Nebraska :td

Fuck all these assholes.

Marcus Bryant
12-19-2009, 01:13 PM
So we double down on the same shitty system which had Uncle Sam heavily involved. Grand.

spursncowboys
12-19-2009, 01:24 PM
I truly don't get their logic. If we are going bankrupt with medicare, how does it make sense to increase it?

ElNono
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I truly don't get their logic. If we are going bankrupt with medicare, how does it make sense to increase it?

Because it's a lot harder to take the government to court than to sue individuals to financial ruin. Eventually, if they want a piece of the government pie they will have to scale down their expectations of revenue. That's the theory behind it anyways.
Obviously, stuff like the pharma deal go against that.

SouthernFried
12-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Money talks.

"Hold-outs" motto.

Why support a bill from the beginning...when it's so sweet to be bought at the end.

...and so it goes.

boutons_deux
12-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Congrats to the corps of paying of Congressional whores, protecting their excessive incomes, and thier never-ending fleecing of Americans' wealth.

Winehole23
12-19-2009, 04:45 PM
...and so it goes.Aviso! From the Dept. of Unsolicited Advice regarding the quoted tagline:

Either leave it out, or use it by itself. Less is more.

Winehole23
12-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Abuses of time like leaving votes open until your side has a winning tally, and then quickly closing them, bother me much more than this.

baseline bum
12-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Nelson should be shot.

EmptyMan
12-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Nelson should be shot.

Hear, hear! :toast

boutons_deux
12-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I read where Ben "Horse's Ass" Nelson is a former executive from ... the insurance industry. :lol

boutons_deux
12-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Scarborough: Health Insurance Stocks Reached 52-YEAR High On Friday

Posted: 12-20-09 11:41 AM

On Sunday's Meet The Press, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough was asked a simple question about health care: What has President Obama achieved? His answer: "He has made a lot of people with insurance stock a lot richer."

"This is great for insurance companies," he explained. "They were going to reform the system [but] [B]neither side wanted to take on the insurance companies. Neither side wanted to get rid of anti-trust exemptions. Neither side really pushed hard to allow you or me or anybody here to buy across state lines.

And as Howard Dean said -- and this is a devastating fact -- insurance companies' stocks reached a 52-year high on Friday after this so called reform bill got its 60th vote. So David Axelrod, who I love and respect, but David Axelrod kept saying 'we took on the insurance companies, this is real reform, they're against it.' Really? I don't think so."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/20/scarborough-health-insura_n_398520.html?view=print

=======

No public option, no single-payer, but continued transfer of wealth from tax payers to predatory, price-gouging, over-pricing-for-shitty-products corps.

EmptyMan
12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, a bunch of shitty products that save peoples lives. :rolleyes

angrydude
12-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Since when has the left cared about taxpayers? :lmao

j.dizzle
12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Washington is nothing but a bunch of corrupt pricks, fuck em all..They're running out country into the ground with all this bullshit spending..How bout you stop wasting all ur time on healthcare & take care of the economy. These ppl have their priorities mixed up.

EmptyMan
12-21-2009, 12:56 AM
This is some straight up shady bullshit going on.

CSPAN is great right now though. Lots of passion and shame in that room.

If Obama parades this garbage this upcoming week like he is King Shit, that will be some downright pathetic despicable embarrassing trash on display.

Crookshanks
12-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Ben Nelson is going to pay dearly for selling out. They've already started a website to raise money to defeat him. There are going to be some great campaign commercials next year - I hope they really stick it to all these pricks who sold out the American taypayers for nothing more than a gain in power and control for those in Washington.

SCREW THEM ALL!!!!!