PDA

View Full Version : Cheating in the NBA still exist and you would be a fool to think otherwise

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 10:46 AM
sons at the end of the day it all comes down to the almighty dollar. last night's prime time game on ESPN added even more proof to that.

The NBA's poster boy, the media's chosen one... their Lord, King James was on prime time television against the Milwaukee Bucks. hell some people have probably even forgot that the Bucks were still in the NBA so you knew from the start that they didn't stand a chance. Milwaukee played pretty good defense as Lebron was fairly quite from the field and was struggling to score... that was until the refs decided to start helping him out. Lebron was put at the line for 14 freebie free throws to help inflate his scoring numbers and boost the Cavs to victory. Hey its a prime time game on ESPN! they can't just let their poster boy score only 14 points right? they have too much money invested into pushing this kid to the top!

At the end of the game the box score didn't lie, Milwaukee 14 free throws .... Cleveland 31! wow! kinda hard for any team to win whenever you're playing against the NBA/refs too. that game last night was yet another embarrassing moment for the NBA. The blatant favoritism from the refs for Lebron and the Cavs was a joke.

JamStone
12-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I felt the same way when the Hornets got quite a few favorable calls down the stretch when the Pistons played them, a bad charge call and an extremely questionable goaltend. Guess Chris Paul wasn't playing against an NBA posterboy like LeBron or Wade and it was in New Orleans, so they enjoyed the favorable whistle.

Hey, it happens.

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 10:51 AM
I felt the same way when the Hornets got quite a few favorable calls down the stretch when the Pistons played them, a bad charge call and an extremely questionable goaltend. Guess Chris Paul wasn't playing against an NBA posterboy like LeBron or Wade and it was in New Orleans, so they enjoyed the favorable whistle.

Hey, it happens.

son there is a reason why home court advantage is a big factor and the crowd isn't the main reason ... its the refs. its no secret that the refs are favorable to the home team MOST of the time. superstar players get the calls as well. however, your Pistons flat out just got beat and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in the last 5 minutes of the game.

JamStone
12-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not complaining about the refs. I know there are bad calls. I know their are biased calls, especially for home teams and superstars. That's my point. It happens. We all know it. We all know LeBron is one of the NBA's favorite sons. So why even bring it up?

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm not complaining about the refs. I know there are bad calls. I know their are biased calls, especially for home teams and superstars. That's my point. It happens. We all know it. We all know LeBron is one of the NBA's favorite sons. So why even bring it up?

son because not everyone wants to believe it. its kinda like telling a kid that Santa isn't real, or telling ghazi that in pro wrestling the wrestlers aren't really trying to hurt one another .... unfortunately this is the way the NBA is. some people just simply don't want to believe it.

JamStone
12-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Son I feel you. But nothing we can do. I still love watching NBA basketball. But it's part of the game. Son you just gotta deal with it. No sense in starting a thread over this over a pretty meaningless regular season not even half way through the season. People do realize it. Very few don't. There have been countless discussions on this board. Especially with Donaghy, everyone who follows the NBA is at least aware of it. I still don't see the point in bringing this up for this particular game son.

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 11:22 AM
like Sheed said a couple weeks ago ... "the truth is coming out"

it always does.

The_Dude
12-19-2009, 11:42 AM
If you watched the game, then you'd know that the Bucks are 30th in the league at getting to the line. Bogut was in early foul trouble, so they had no interior presence at all. They fired jumper after jumper last night.

LeBron took 10 FTs in the first half, and 4 in the second. Only TWO of those FTs came in the 4th quarter, with 7:31 remaining in the game. The Cavs also closed the game by making one FG in the last 6 minutes. This doesn't exactly bode well for your argument that the refs were "cheating" last night.

Nice try, though.

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 11:45 AM
If you watched the game, then you'd know that the Bucks are 30th in the league at getting to the line. Bogut was in early foul trouble, so they had no interior presence at all. They fired jumper after jumper last night.

LeBron took 10 FTs in the first half, and 4 in the second. Only TWO of those FTs came in the 4th quarter, with 7:31 remaining in the game. The Cavs also closed the game by making one FG in the last 6 minutes. This doesn't exactly bode well for your argument that the refs were "cheating" last night.

Nice try, though.

son Santa isn't real. sorry

The_Dude
12-19-2009, 11:50 AM
He's more real than your terrible internet personality. When you finally get out of the basement, tell your mom I said "what's up?".

ChrisRichards
12-19-2009, 12:08 PM
son because not everyone wants to believe it. its kinda like telling a kid that Santa isn't real, or telling ghazi that in pro wrestling the wrestlers aren't really trying to hurt one another .... unfortunately this is the way the NBA is. some people just simply don't want to believe it.
:lol

pauls931
12-19-2009, 04:08 PM
fvkKdXLwt0U

PGDynasty24
12-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I watched the game,and there definitley were some questionable calls. But when the Bucks take 26 3-pointers what do u expect,

BRHornet45
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I watched the game,and there definitley were some questionable calls. But when the Bucks take 26 3-pointers what do u expect,

31 free throws compared to 14. oh and Lebron just so happened to get damn near half of those 31.

jazzypimp
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
BR.. if the Nba must come clean with their cheating.. then you must come clean at your weight watchers weigh in sessions.. they are there to help you!! quit lying to yourself!

lil_penny
12-19-2009, 04:27 PM
like Sheed said a couple weeks ago ... "the truth is coming out"

it always does.

Sheed still believes the 2000 wcf was more of a stern planned takeover than the 4th qtr meltdown that it really was lol

But br I totally agree with you.. I've noticed that a couple of times with the cavs also that they would ghost foul him to the line until the game was under control then start calling the fouls for the other team late in the game to keep the two teams somewhat comparable but by then the game was already out of reach.. it was last year on a couple cavs home games I believe.

jag
12-19-2009, 04:53 PM
121-63 is playing the way everyone expected them to play... so you naturally the NBA is rigged.

iggypop123
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
son there is a reason why home court advantage is a big factor and the crowd isn't the main reason ... its the refs. its no secret that the refs are favorable to the home team MOST of the time. superstar players get the calls as well. however, your Pistons flat out just got beat and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in the last 5 minutes of the game.

son those go hand in hand. look at those mormons up at utah. their record at home is ridiculous but on the road their FT #s collapse, and their record is under .500 . their loudness intimidates refs. its not like utah is a big market. their stadium is built to where the crowd is the closes to the court so it makes a difference. another place that had crowd influence was GS when they were good. the place was loud refs were pussies gave them calls

The_Dude
12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
31 free throws compared to 14. oh and Lebron just so happened to get damn near half of those 31.

Let's try this again:

1) Bucks are 30th in the league at getting to the line
2) Andrew Bogut was in early foul trouble which left the Bucks with no interior defender to challenge LeBron
3) Bogut being on the bench also meant no post presence for the Bucks. As pointed out, they took 25+ 3pt attempts. Kind of hard to get to the line when you're jacking up 3 after 3.
4) LeBron took 10 FTs in the first half, 4 in the second. He only took TWO FTs in the entire 4th quarter - with over 7 minutes left to play.

Trainwreck2100
12-19-2009, 06:13 PM
son those go hand in hand. look at those mormons up at utah. their record at home is ridiculous but on the road their FT #s collapse, and their record is under .500 . their loudness intimidates refs. its not like utah is a big market. their stadium is built to where the crowd is the closes to the court so it makes a difference. another place that had crowd influence was GS when they were good. the place was loud refs were pussies gave them calls
its not FTs it's the fact that they get away with alot of shit on defense