PDA

View Full Version : The first test of the season: UT vs NC at the Death Star, presented by the Jetsuns

Cant_Be_Faded
12-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Not going to this one. I figured the seating in the 200-on sections would just give too shitty a view for a basketball court.

I don't think theres too much a crowd advantage here
1) that stadium doesn't get uber loud
2) ut fans prefer to sit down and use their smart phones than cheer against a premiere opponent

We will see if UT's defense is for real. I'm expecting NC to totally shut us down. Gonna need some threes to stretch the floor. But if our D is legit, we should be able to steal it at the end. Just hoping for a good game. And hope we use this game as another stepping stone towards trying to beat Kansas.

And remember to get your gasmask on.

MPcu1Qyaio0

DMX7
12-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Cowboys stadium is so sick but I still think this game belong in Austin or Chapel Hill.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-19-2009, 03:12 PM
What we've learned at the half:

-Yes Texas' defense is good.
-Yes Damion James is the worst "Best Player" in the Rick Barnes post-TJ Ford era.
-J'Covan is a high risk/high reward passer, and he's in the zone right now.
-La Jai Lucus is tiny, I see his playing time dwindling as the season progresses on defensive reasons.
-Pittman always seems to look alot more winded against better ncaa teams.
-Hamilton needs to get out of high school mode because he's on the verge of becoming a black hole. Need to axe those bad habits, now.
-This depth is fucking sickening. I feel so bad for Ward. He was going to be such a cornerstone. I bet Jai Lucas only sees situational playing time if Ward does not go down. But he's easily the best dribbler on the team.

-NC looked tired at the end of the 1st half.

-Bradley came out aggressive as all get out. Never seen him come out swinging like this.
-Chapman continues to regress.....

leemajors
12-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Solid win, looks like. Was following on gamecast. Damion and Sexy Dexy look like they had big games. Did UT look good or is NC just weak?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Have not seen NC play so I can't say. But they did look solid the way eastern ACC teams look solid. They also had some runs in them and we weathered it.

NC was actually shooting really well percentage wise in the 2nd half.

Jai Lucus is freakin tiny though, I totally see him as a liability out there the way we want to man up all game. You'd figure he'd take the time off to build up some muthle.

We just played good. But we did not come anywhere close to as good as we can play. J'Covan and Bradley did everything we could ask. James and Pittman monstered the boards. The UT offense still looked really lost at times, but I'll let it slide. Hamilton looked like a man on a mission to fuck everything up in every way. But he did have two very very good plays...the fastbreak solo dunk early in the game and a sweet dish to Dex for the most energetic viscious dunk of the game.

J'Covan's passes can make this team deadly when they are on. His no-look to James for a dunk was bad ass.

UT's ft percentage was shitty but we dominated the boards and forced a ton of turnovers. The announcers said NC was very turnover prone, and we definitely exposed that.

On to Michigan State.

Spursfan092120
12-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Great game for the Horns...Pittman is a monster...love that guy.

Texas Chili Dog
12-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Texas looks pretty damn good. So does Kansas. Big 12 should be pretty fun this season.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Gotta get better from the three point line and free throws. Kansas can do both with ease.

But it's a step in the right direction.

mookie2001
12-19-2009, 11:48 PM
i love jcovan, the guy is all you want in a freshman guard, fearless, going for the gusto, quick trigger, is the boss of the other freshman, rick barnes hates him. i love it

LOL texans
12-20-2009, 12:07 AM
:danceclub :danceclub